PDA

View Full Version : [Results] from GP Side Event

Jujuhawk
06-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Well iirc there was a side event at the GP today for 40 duals and all these other goodies. Anybody go and see what won? I'm curious to see what was in the top 8 and who was in the top 8.

I totally would've been there if I didn't have baseball this weekend. :/

EDIT: I just found out that it's still going on. It started at 5. I called my friend and he said him and a bunch of MPLS people are x-1 going into round 6. GL to everyone playing right now. Sucks to have to do a 7 round full top 9 tournament when the swiss ends at 12 (1 am there). I'll probably call him later tonight to find out what won and post the results. Maybe decklists will be posted somewhere else.

Jujuhawk
06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I just found out that my friend won it. I think he was playing black thresh. Congrats to everyone else who top 8'd.

thelfj
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
who won? seeing as it was black thresh, was it lohman?

Jujuhawk
06-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah. Martin won and took the 1000 store cred. I guess the duals were in terrible shape. The USeas were all warped and the trops were stamped and creased. It's total bullshit that they would put together the worst possible set of duals for the prize.

So he bought a bunch of stuff and finished their dual collection, bought like 7 goyfs, a bunch of stuff for geoff and andy martin to trade.

goobafish
06-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I hear 107 players. I hope we get at least a top 8, but a top 16 and lists would be awesome.

Jujuhawk
06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
1st is black thresh with stifles, wastelands and the typical thresh stock. 2nd was R/W goblins with a typical list. That's all I know. Both players from minneapolis!

thelfj
06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
who was the goblins player?

Jujuhawk
06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Troy.

emidln
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
UGW Thresh top8'd
MUC with Back2Basics top8'd
a second Goblins top8'd as well
I think there was a red tempo thresh in top8

MULocke
06-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I T8'd with Red thresh. There was also a 43Land that got it, and got me paired against it. :( Also, I think there were three goblins, but I could be wrong.

deathdealer
06-23-2008, 05:28 AM
there were 3 goblin decks 2 r/w and 1 r/g/b (me)
I had to play against the r/w in round 1 of top 8
I knew going into it he had the better deck in the mirror
pretty much 1 sided he hit on everything wile he kept me at bay with ports .

congrats on the 2nd place finish with the r/w build (troy)

I had 2nd thoughts right be for the event to play r/w goblins
sorry to hear the duals were in that bad of shape,
I told em Id take the drain if it was English the non allied duals if the drain wasn't
I could not make day 2 might just take the credit if the cards were in as bad of shape as Ive herd ..to bad

I played the same list that Guillem Ragull played recently .
Maindeck:
3 Badlands
4 Bloodstained Mire
5 Mountain
3 Taiga
4 Wasteland
3 Wooded Foothills
4 Gempalm Incinerator
4 Goblin Lackey
4 Goblin Matron
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Ringleader
4 Goblin Warchief
4 Mogg Fanatic
2 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Wort, Boggart Auntie
4 Ęther Vial
3 Warren Weirding

Sideboard:
1 Goblin Tinkerer
1 Gaea's Blessing
3 Krosan Grip
3 Perish
3 Pyrokinesis
4 Tormod's Crypt

Master Shake
06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
So, assuming that all information posted is correct the top 8 looked like:

1st Ugb Tempo Threshold (See Page 2 for list)
2nd R/w Goblins
3-4
43land.dec
R/w Goblins
5-8
Ugr Tempo Threshold
R/b/g Goblins
UWr Landstill W/ Isochron Scepter
Ugw Threshold

Other placings:

11th Fetchland Tendrils
12th Faeries (See Page 2 for a list)
13th Aggro Loam (See Page 2 for List)
15th Angel Stax
16th Dragon Stompy

This list should be complete, although it would be great if everyone who did T8 would share their list as it doesn't look like Passtimes is going to post the results. Also, post placings to have them included in this list.

Jujuhawk
06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah R/W wins the mirror because of the superior removal. Warren Wierding is not so good in the mirror.

yawg07
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Cool! A friend of mine, everyone calls him Smitty, placed 3rd with 43land, so your placing is right on that one.
My friend, Bobby placed 15th with White Stax (geddonStax)

Kilz88
06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Actually 15th place was my friend playing Dragon Stompy. Another one of my friends placed 13th with Aggro Loam. Overall, bad condition prize support, bad judging ("All spectators out!!!" hehe...not to mention we had one judge most of the time and they didnt see people play gambles with savannahs and they also thought the tokens you recieve from hunted horror were "owned" by you), bad match result slip placing, and bad hands for me. I played UGw thresh and got dropped after round 6. Thanks Pastimes. I knew it was too good to be true. But just curious to the first place player: Why didn't he take the foil fetch. They were clearly worth the most. I didnt see them though so...

Jujuhawk
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Actually 15th place was my friend playing Dragon Stompy. Another one of my friends placed 13th with Aggro Loam. Overall, bad condition prize support, bad judging ("All spectators out!!!" hehe...not to mention we had one judge most of the time and they didnt see people play gambles with savannahs and they also thought the tokens you recieve from hunted horror were "owned" by you), bad match result slip placing, and bad hands for me. I played UGw thresh and got dropped after round 6. Thanks Pastimes. I knew it was too good to be true. But just curious to the first place player: Why didn't he take the foil fetch. They were clearly worth the most. I didnt see them though so...

Because he wanted to get stuff he needed rather than pimp stuff. It's VERY hard to trade of foil fetches reasonably, and EBAYing them and buying cards he needs is a HUGE hassle that would take a few months to complete. Instead of dicking around with that he just finished off the team's (Well, friend's.) dual collection and got staples to complete decks (Goyfs, burning wishes, LftL's) as well as getting stuff for friends so they could finish decks and he traded away the stuff to friends.

I know if I got first I would've seen the dual lands and hated them and taken the store cred. I hate playing with expensive foils since anything can happen and it makes you a target for stealing. I would've taken the credit and just picked up staples like he did. He said he started the day owning 0 goyfs and ended with 9. ROFL.

Isamaru
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Kilz, do you know why Rule 216.1a / "own" the tokens come up for Hunted Horror? Was Gomez there playing Brand?

Illissius
06-23-2008, 04:06 PM
How many people were there?

Wallace
06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
How many people were there?

I hear 107 players. I hope we get at least a top 8, but a top 16 and lists would be awesome.

OneBigSquirrelGod
06-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Cool! A friend of mine, everyone calls him Smitty, placed 3rd with 43land, so your placing is right on that one.

Yes. I got 15th With White Stax. My friends and I watched the whole top 8. First Place went to the UGB Threshold player. 2nd was Troy, which was playing RW Goblins. 3rd was Mike Smith (Smitty). He was playing 42 lands. 4th was Goblins, I'm not sure which colors, but it was a good match. 5-8th consisted of another goblin deck, who lost to Troy. A UWR Landstill deck with Isochron Scepters (I lost to round 3), which lost to The first place winner. 42 lands beat a threshold deck, I believe UGR. and I think there was threshold vs threshold? So there was 4 lands, landstill, 3 goblins and 3 threshold.

Jak
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Damn, feels like 2006.

Bryant Cook
06-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Did you play? If so did you play TES?

Fayt
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
This is Alfthefurryalien, Martin Lohman posting on my friends login cause it won't let me post on mine.

So I scrubbed out of the Main event just in time to register and get my deck together for the legacy side event. I decided to play Black Thresh because it had been doing well for me at the Maplewood tournies and I knew the deck pretty well.

Creatures
4x Dark Confidant
4x Goyf
2x Sower

Spells
4x Brainstorm
4x Force of Will
4x Stifle
3x Ponder
3x Smother
3x Counterbalance
3x Top
3x Daze
3x Thoughtseize

Lands
4x Delta
2x Strand
4x Underground Sea
3x Tropical Island
4x Wasteland
2x Island
1x Swamp

Side
3x Extirpate
2x Vedalken Shackles
2x Deed
3x Blue Blast
1x Crypt
3x K Grip
1x Sower
The deck does really well in the thresh mirror because of Stifle/ Waste and Bob is really good. I feel like if you draw once with bob you are in good shape and if bob sits around from 3+ turns you are going to win the game

Round 1- Sea Stompy (2-0)
Plays chalice for 1 and a seridib and some equipment. I waste his lands and smother his guy when he tries to equip. Bob swings for 20 dmg. Game two i board in shackles and deed. He goes chalice for 1 and 2 and plays a sea drake. I play shackles. He says Woah I didn't see that coming. Win with his guys after i play another shackles.
1-0

Round 2- Breakfast
Going In I had no clue what he was playing cuz all I saw was Vial and a tundra. Probably should have figured that out. But he goes eot vial in nomad and fetch and trop to tutor for cephlid. I kept a had with little disruption and tapped out to play bob. Game 2 I board in Extripate and Crypt. He keeps a sketchy hand with 4 lands and nomad and Meddling Mage. I thoughtseize away the nomad. He tries to combo off but he didn't have enough to go off through 2 daze and a Force to daze his therapy and his dread return. Game 3 I stifle and waste him out of the game and goyf stomps. He makes a final attempt to go off though a crypt buy i stifle his bounce guy and he scoops.
2-0

Round 3 - Goblins
He wins game one with a turn one lacky on the play and I cant evenr come back. Game 2 I board in 2 shackles 2 deed 3 Blue blast. I had been trying to figure out the boarding and thanks to Hawkins I think I figured it out. -3 thoiughtseize -3 counterbalance -1 Bob. Game two he fetches a non basic and I waste and stifle his next fetch bob hurts me a little but then draws top and the game is over. Game three I force his turn one lacky and daze his vial and he stalls out holding two ringleader and a kiki jiki.
3-0

Round 4 -Black Thresh (Wepplo)
Weplo is playing black thresh without the stifle waste and he gets stifle wasted out of game one after some counter wars over creatures. Game 2 board in 2 shackles 2 deed. Game 2 I think he gets a little land screwed and mulls to 5 which is hard to come back from. Bob draws multiple cards and wins the game
4-0

Round 5- Breakfast
Before the game we talk about if we win we can draw into top 8. The general consensus is we can. I saw what he was playing in the round before so I know that my matchup is good. He does not know that I am playing stilfe waste so he keeps a one land hand with vial. It get forced then he gets wasted. Game 2 I board in Crypt and Extirpate. He mulls to 6 and kkeeps another one land hand. Again he get wasted and then he draws another land and its a fetch. Game over.
5-0

Round 6 - White Thresh
We have to play cuz he allready has a draw. Game 1 i get aggressive with Force and counter two mongeese. Counter my bobs and plays a Enforcer. Game 2 we sit around with tops in play for probably 9 turns each. He draws the removal I draw the creatures. Then he draws the creatures and I draw the land.
5-1

Round 7 - Scepter Chant
Intentional Draw

Top 8
3 Goblins
- 2 R/W, 1 R/G/B
43 Land
Scepter Chant
Mono Blue Control
UGR thresh
U/g/B Temp Thresh

Quarters- Scepter Chant
Game 1 i thought seize away a scepter and we have battles over his spells. I Ld his with smothers and get counterbalance on board. bob and goyfs come soon. Game 2 Board in extirpate and deed. We both play creatures and both kill the others we are in top deck mode and he draws crucible for the game. Game 4 I board in K grip. Bob get countered and he plays standstill. I thoughtseize him after he draws his cards he seems over confidant and says that his hand was staked. It was 2 scepter, chant, fire/ice, 2 counterspell, factory, Conclave. I rip scepter and play counterbalance. He plays scepter and Gofy wins me the game on top. I play top the next turn and he cant believe when he loses.

Semis - Goblins
Game 1 i keep a hand with thoughtseize and top. I prob should have mulled cuz I knew what he was playing and didnt want to lose to a turn one lackey. Either way he plays turn one lackey. I thoughtseize, his hand is warchief and 4 land. I pass he atks with lackey and drop the ringleader he ripped. I lose sadly. Game 2 I board the goblins board and after some battles over ringleadrers with blasts i get shackles out and steal his guys for the game. Game 3 he goes turn one vial. I frown. He goes turn two vial. I frown. I play bob and pass he plays no creatures. I play shackels and atk, he vials nothing in. He finally gets a ringleader like two turns later and it gets stifled. I steal it and he eventually draws a fanatic to kill the bob. I win after him drawing a total of 3 creatures. After the game was done he showed me his hand and it was 3 red blasts and some lands.

Finals- Goblins -Troy
After his unlikely win over 43 lands in the semis we went outside so he could smoke. I offered the split of 3 dual lands each and he turned it down, because he is troy and he never splits and because he allready split with wepplo when they had to play in round 7.
Game 1 he got an early start with warcheifs and ringleaders. I could not answer them and he win easily. Game 2 After board the catchup gets soo much better. He does not have the disenchant in his board because he has leave no trace instead. So shackles and deed still go in as well as the Blue blasts. He gets lackey blue blasted when he atks and misses a two drop. I play bob and he get a warchief and a ringleader soon after killing my bob with fanatic. I drop goyf to block for a while. He gets me to about 10 and I play sower stealing a wearchief. He made a misplay atking into my team with 2/2s . I traded his warchief and sower for his team and I was left with goyf. I draw shackles and we go to game 3. he is light on creatures and a few of them get countered. I have top and goyf is holding off some guys. He plays needle and I top in resp and see Deed, deed, blue blast. I say ok forgetting to draw with top and so he is thrown off and names Shackles. I play deed next turn with one mane open. He casts leave no trace on is and I draw with top and deed away his needle. We are both at 10 and he has a matron and a ringleader. Earlier we had determined goyf to be a 4/5 but when deed went to the yard we failed to realize that goyf was bigger. I attacked to put his to 6 so we thought. He attacked back to put me to 7 because he thought he had one more turn. I attacked with goyf again and then realize that he is a 5/6 and after some exclamation and a hand shake the game is over.

The finals got over at 5 AM roughly and after knocking on Ian's door for a while almost passing out infront of it he lets me in and after geoff and hawk wake up a little while later we have long conversations about what I should take for the prize. I think the foil fetches are worth more but I do not want to sell them. And after looking at the duals the torunament set aside for the prize i decided to take the 1000 store credit. The duals were in terrible shape. All the underground seas were warpped. One of them along with about 6 others had never seem a sleeve. One of the trops was stamped with a 5 color stamp and had a giant crease in the corner. I just filled out my dual land collection and bought the Black Thresh deck that I was borrowing from people. I got some staples or cards like Burning wish and Life. And then I had about 200 left so I bought 5 more goyfs. I bought a total of 7 from them.

Over all the tournament was run kinda poorly. The judges were kinda off their game. I saw a few mis calls and one judge asked everyone to leave the playing area beacuse people were talking to the players. The players were talking to the people and the judges snapped at teh people. The prizes were kinda sketchy. The fetches were fine so if I had wanted to just sell what I wanted that would have been fine, but the duals being garbage was most dissappointing. Also the card selection that Pastimes had was really bad. No bob, no thoughtseiz, no shackels. Their wastelands were really bad because they had just boughten some guys 5 color collection and he didnt use sleves. Also they dont have an online store so I could not just get stuff online. Oh well Im pretty happy with what I got.

MULocke
06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the win. I was also disappointed in the condition of their duals and just the length of the whole thing. If it weren't 3am, I would've stayed to watch the rest of the t8. While I am happy with how well I did, I'm still sad at getting the t8 matchup I did; I felt like I had a really solid chance to win otherwise. I guess I just took one for the team by playing against lands first...

I'll post a report as well if you guys want, but its nothing too interesting.

MrBig
06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Top 8
3 Goblins
- 2 R/W, 1 R/G/B
43 Land
Scepter Chant
Mono Blue Control
UGR thresh
U/g/B Temp Thresh

Either Mono Blue Control or UGR Thresh weren't in top8 because I made top8 with UGW Thresh that you played in round 6. I definitely saw all the other decks sitting around me. For prize I chose 5 allied color duals that were in decent condition.

Kilz88
06-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Kilz, do you know why Rule 216.1a / "own" the tokens come up for Hunted Horror? Was Gomez there playing Brand?

It was the guy from my store you met at the mox tourny. His opponent didnt think the deck worked, lol...neither did the judge he called.

Guy I Don't Know
06-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I agree the tournament was run poorly, they gave us mats instead of packs for 9-16, and they said they would give us a five but then said they ran out of one of the kinds of playmats and so gave us four... also they had no visible clock for most of the players and sometimes there wasn't a judge in sight. Also they didn't show standings in the second to last round, so you couldn't figure out where you stood in case you wanted to double draw.

arm7845
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
i got 12th with faeires:

4x spellstutter sprite
4x cloud of faeries
3x scion of oona
3x scryb sprite
4x tarmogoyf
4x ninja of the deep hours
4x aether vial
4x daze
4x force of will
4x brainstorm
3x ponder
2x umezawa's jitte
1x sower of temptation
4x flooded strand
3x polluted delta
4x island
4x tropical island
1x pendelhaven
SB
3x tormod's crypt
3x mind harness
2x seal of primordium
1x krosan grip
4x sea sprite
2x rushing river

Master Shake
06-24-2008, 03:47 PM
13th Place is Aggro Loam, a friend of mine took my deck and this is the list that he played:

4 Countryside Crusher
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Terravore
3 Wild Mongrel
1 Eternal Witness
1 Genesis
3 Life from the Loam
3 Devastating Dreams
3 Burning Wish
3 Swords to Plowshares
2 Engineered Explosives
4 Mox Diamond
4 Forgotten Cave
3 Taiga
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Wasteland
3 Windswept Heath
3 Tranquil Thicket
1 Savannah
1 Plateau
1 Badlands
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Forest

Sideboard:

4 Leyline of the Void (I was skeptical, but it turned out to be amazing)
4 Chalice of the Void (Not as amazing)
1 Life from the Loam
1 Devastating Dreams
1 Shattering Spree
1 Reverent Silence (Probably should have been Hull Breach or Krosan Grip)
1 Pyroclasm
2 Krosan Grip

His MUs went

Round 1 MUC 2-1
Round 2 Solidarity 2-1
Round 3 Ugb Threshold 0-2
Round 4 43land.dec 2-1
Round 5 Ichorid 1-2
Round 6 Affinity 2-0
Round 7 Breakfast 2-1

His 5-2 finish landed him in 13th place and gave him 4 of the 5 promised playmats.

Isamaru
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
It was the guy from my store you met at the mox tourny. His opponent didnt think the deck worked, lol...neither did the judge he called.

This is why the only person bringing my deck to a tournament should be ...me.

Jujuhawk
06-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Wild Mongrel? What is this 2000?

Jak
06-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Wild Mongrel? What is this 2000?

Wild Mongrel wasn't around in 2000. It is still a great creature that is amazing with Loam.

Jujuhawk
06-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Wild Mongrel wasn't around in 2000. It is still a great creature that is amazing with Loam.

Does the deck need that much loam synergy? Mongrel just seems overboard and creature like bob just seems better. I'm a fan of BGR Loam. :/

Jak
06-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Does the deck need that much loam synergy? Mongrel just seems overboard and creature like bob just seems better. I'm a fan of BGR Loam. :/

I am just saying that Mongrel doesn't suck.

Jujuhawk
06-25-2008, 01:17 AM
I am just saying that Mongrel doesn't suck.

I am just saying it's outclassed by multiple creatures.

Master Shake
06-25-2008, 01:58 AM
When I was looking at lists, I was seeing a lot of Seismic Assault and I was set on not using it because of the triple red in the cost, that its dead in the early game and that it only allows me to discard lands. Wild Mongrel does just about everything I could want him to do; the card has a built in combat trick that plays nicely with every other creature in the deck, Wild Mongrel also has a great synergy with Life From the Loam allowing the card to get large in a hurry. I chose him over Dark Confidant because he's better in the red zone and lives through a very common usage of Dreams @ 1. If I'm playing around with a lot of cards in hand then he can also live through a Dreams @ 2. While Confidant is great at drawing cards, he dies to every non-Snuff Out/Ghastly Demise removal spell in the format and can never be as threatening.

In testing, Wild Mongrel ended up being very explosive and when he wasn't that, he could sit back and block as few are likely to send men over to see him.

So, in short - every creature that I would want in this deck that out classes Wild Mongrel is in the deck, and so is Wild Mongrel. You can like RGb, that's fine, but I'm going to stand by Mongrel being a great fit for the deck.

Mister Agent
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM
I want see the UWr landstill list but it seems like it would run cunning wish which can synergize well with isochron but I could be wrong. However I could picture my teammate thefreakaccident pilot a UWr landstill list to a top 8 finish as well.

thefreakaccident
06-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Does anyone have a list for that scepter deck.... I used to totally smash w/ scepter control back before grip was printed... I wanna see how he pulled it off :) ...

Mister Agent
06-25-2008, 05:28 AM
I am guessing that the UWr landstill scepter player doesn't always need to rely on imprinted chanted isochron to win games. Considering it's like with bardo's vorosh landstill you don't always need countertop to pull out wins.

Guy I Don't Know
06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
it was landstill but played chant fire ice and scepter. Nothing really special, surprising it was anygood with the amount of grips going around.

Jujuhawk
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
When I was looking at lists, I was seeing a lot of Seismic Assault and I was set on not using it because of the triple red in the cost, that its dead in the early game and that it only allows me to discard lands. Wild Mongrel does just about everything I could want him to do; the card has a built in combat trick that plays nicely with every other creature in the deck, Wild Mongrel also has a great synergy with Life From the Loam allowing the card to get large in a hurry. I chose him over Dark Confidant because he's better in the red zone and lives through a very common usage of Dreams @ 1. If I'm playing around with a lot of cards in hand then he can also live through a Dreams @ 2. While Confidant is great at drawing cards, he dies to every non-Snuff Out/Ghastly Demise removal spell in the format and can never be as threatening.

In testing, Wild Mongrel ended up being very explosive and when he wasn't that, he could sit back and block as few are likely to send men over to see him.

So, in short - every creature that I would want in this deck that out classes Wild Mongrel is in the deck, and so is Wild Mongrel. You can like RGb, that's fine, but I'm going to stand by Mongrel being a great fit for the deck.

Wild Mongrel dies to every removal spell in the format so that's not even a good point. Mongrel is good at attacking, sure, but the fact that seismic assault drops and wins in 2 turns is just amazing. The RRR cost on assault shouldn't even be a problem. This deck has access to fetches and duals allowing for no mana problems, as well as mox diamond.

Wild Mongrel attacks better, sure, but you want a creature like terravore or crusher that is ridiculously threatening without having to discard cards from your hand. Mongrel is a good land dump for LftL, but this is a moot point since taking advantage of life with a creature that can easily be sworded during the combat phase is not good. Dumping all of your lftl work only to have it killed is awful. Sure, the same thing can happen with Assault, but enchantment removal is much less common than creature removal.

Not only that, but mongrel is AWFUL against decks like goblins, where assault would be a complete bomb.

Now, onto bob. Bob wins the game if he draws you 3 cards. I think this is just common knowledge that when bob sticks for a few turns he will win you the game in most matchups. Drawing extra cards is always good and since this deck relies heavily on drawing life that extra dig is always good. Plus, turn 1 bob off of mox diamond is just too good.

It's your deck, and you can do what you want, I'm just saying that mongrel is so out-dated and you're not even running the best finisher in the deck.

Guy I Don't Know
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
was this tournament unsanctioned? it still has not been received by wizards...

ChiiMagic
07-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi, sorry it took me so long to post any replys. I was playing the RWU Landstill at the GP side event and placed 5th and took the 5 allied duals which were not in bad condition. My deck was basically a RWU Landstill skeleton to which I added Isochron Scepters because I used to play the RWU build without them, but I noticed at some point that almost every one of my spells except FOW and FOF fit on the sticks all too nicely. The abundance of Krosan grips in the format means absolutely nothing to this deck because the isochron scepters are just one thing that the deck does. It has absolutely no problem chugging along after the scepters have been extirpated or cranialed out. I actually beat 2 RGU threshs to get into the top 8, and was a little surprised when I lost to the black thresh because its definitely a match I should have won. I blame the loss on keeping an inferior hand and a little bit of bad luck to get counterbalanced in the dark with no top at least 4 times throughout the 3 games. I recently got to replay that deck at my local weekly event, where my opponent took the exact list from this forum and I smashed it 2-0.

emidln
07-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Are these results still delinquent?

Guy I Don't Know
07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
yea.... i hate past times, they are the worst organizers... i was thinking of going down there again, but it prolly isn't worth when they decrease prizes during the tournament and do not submit results...