PDA

View Full Version : [TOURNAMENT] August 3rd at The Batcave (Vancouver, WA)

Volt
07-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Following up on the smashing success of last month's DLD, we are reviving the Batcave monthly Legacy tournament. Another large event is being planned for the end of August, but this should tide everyone over in the meantime.

Where:
The Batcave
6415 E Mill Plain Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98661

When:
August 3, 2008 (first Sunday of the month)
The first round will begin at 1:00pm sharp. Show up early to register.

Entry Fee: $10

Format: Legacy. No proxies allowed. 4-5 modified swiss rounds, followed by single-elim top 4 or 8 depending on attendance.

Prizes:
1st Place: 4x Force of Will (GUARANTEED)
2nd Place: 4x Wooded Foothills (if we get at least 16 people)
store credit or packs awarded down as far as 8th place, depending on attendance

Head Judge: Mike Van de Water (level 2)

Sanctioning: This will be a sanctioned event. Deck lists required.

Contacts:
Mike: (360) 694-4947
Chris: (503) 449-2955

Bardo
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Cool. I need to check my calendar, but I should be able to make this.

Pinder
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Prizes:
1st Place: 4x Force of Will (GUARANTEED)
2nd Place: 4x Wooded Foothills (if we get at least 16 people)
store credit or packs awarded down as far as 8th place, depending on attendance

:eek:

Awesome prize support is the best way to draw a ton of people. This prize support is awesome. Barring a meteor striking the earth or something, Maverick and I will be there.

Will AngryTroll be back by then?

Jak
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Mark me down for being there... in pencil! I just finally got my cards so I need to go to this. Hopefully, it won't conflict with anything.

Volt
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM

tatt2dfreak
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i need a 3rd set of forces anywayz... i got a new deck... get ready!!!

Volt
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM

Jak
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i need a 3rd set of forces anywayz... i got a new deck... get ready!!!

I thought you quit? I know you could never leave this awesome of a format.

AngryTroll
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
In a reversal of my former position, I will start rooting against a meteor strike.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Don gets back until the following week.

Yeah, I get back the first week of August.

I'm going to smash the August big tournament, though. Don't worry.

DeathwingZERO
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I get back the first week of August.

I'm going to smash the August big tournament, though. Don't worry.

Yep, just like you smashed all the other big tournaments around here. Oh wait....

Mark me down. Got nothing better to do this month, the move is pretty much complete, and all I'm doing now is focusing on my studies to pass my state certification for work. Should be done in the next two weeks.

Giles
07-12-2008, 03:49 AM
In.

Will everyone from the seattle crew play Counter-top? Bribe me not to.....

DeathwingZERO
07-12-2008, 03:59 AM
In.

Will everyone from the seattle crew play Counter-top? Bribe me not to.....

If I see anywhere near the CounterTop shenanigans I saw at the last tournament, I'm finding a way to bring Aggro Loam. 4serios. I'll see you all in the finals when your little denial engine fails to work.

LinkXwing
07-12-2008, 05:07 AM
If I see anywhere near the CounterTop shenanigans I saw at the last tournament, I'm finding a way to bring Aggro Loam. 4serios. I'll see you all in the finals when your little denial engine fails to work.

Meh, Deed for 2. . . -> win game

Pinder
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM

What can we say? We're Aggro-Control players. It's in our blood.

DeathwingZERO
07-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Meh, Deed for 2. . . -> win game

ROFLMAO. I know your deck, and I know it's got nothing on recurring threats. And doesn't 2 ONLY hit Goyf? Last I checked he's the least threatening part of the deck, seeing as Crusher (3) and Terravore (4) along with even Loam + Assault (3) tend to wreck his measly 6/7 ass. Although I will fully admit you are the only Landstill player capable of sending out an EE @ 4. So ya, your build is a tad more threatening than most.

What can we say? We're Aggro-Control players. It's in our blood.

I think that just means "lazy" sir. I'm a combo player and I'm willing to go full aggro to stomp Threshenanigans.

Volt
07-13-2008, 04:44 PM

frogboy
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I have this theory that you guys schedule these opposite PTQs so I don't come down and crush them.

(it's unlikely I'll make it down. if there's a bigger one that might be doable)

Pinder
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I have this theory that you guys schedule these opposite PTQs so I don't come down and crush them.

Stop trying to be a real Magic player and come play Legacy already. Jeez.

Bardo
07-15-2008, 12:59 AM
How about replacing the monthly Legacy tournaments with Elder Dragon Highlander (http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~geduggan/EDH_rules.html)? Hell, I'll put up the prizes.

DeathwingZERO
07-15-2008, 04:21 AM
I would consider playing it, but not over Legacy. While EDH is fun, there's really no way in hell I'd even attempt building a deck that would literally have maybe 10-15 cards worthwhile in Legacy or Vintage.

And that'd be if I was playing a single color general. Adding more colors would just give me no excuse to having an EDH deck and not a Legacy one. Duals, shock lands, etc, I couldn't see myself being able to build even a semi-successful EDH deck for under $100-150.

Giles
07-15-2008, 06:19 AM
How about replacing the monthly Legacy tournaments with Elder Dragon Highlander (http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~geduggan/EDH_rules.html)? Hell, I'll put up the prizes.

Cube Draft instead.

tatt2dfreak
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Quote:Originally Posted by Bardo
How about replacing the monthly Legacy tournaments with Elder Dragon Highlander? Hell, I'll put up the prizes.

Cube Draft instead.

Brado, I second that EDH... I would put up Prizes too... I love EDH... If you don't have a group, I do... We have about 7 people... 4 show up often... it's alot of fun... my favorite format...

I have never tried Cude, but I have alot of cards, so I thinkI could probably make one, just no power!

Bardo
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I couldn't see myself being able to build even a semi-successful EDH deck for under $100-150.

Yeah, it's not cheap if you don't have a robust collection.

Cube Draft instead.

Personally, I can't justify killing a Sunday to play what is essentially an over-powered Limited format with someone else's cards. Cube draft seems like something you do before or after a tournament, but not for the main thing.

Pinder
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Personally, I can't justify killing a Sunday to play what is essentially an over-powered Limited format with someone else's cards.

And you want to play EDH? :tongue:

Honestly though, I think there are, on average, more Sourcers with Legacy decks than EDH decks. Unless you have one you'd like to let me borrow, I'm not really up for the whole EDH thing.

edit -

I didn't see a thread for it, so I suppose I'll stick it here: For the Larger tourney on August 31st, I just realized that's the same weekend as PAX (www.pennyarcadeexpo.com). Is there any way we can push it up/move it back? I really don't want to have to choose between the two, because I really want to go to this tournament.

DeathwingZERO
07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Hasn't PAX tended to suck in the past few years? I've had friends that have gone to it and been very disappointed by last year and the year before.

As for "alternative" formats, I'd have no problem with having an EDH round robin or Cube draft on the side, starting after like round 3 when a number of 0-x's drop.

If anyone would be willing to front me a couple of the more expensive rares, I can probably put together a mono-blue Arcanis deck on the cheap. Blue seems to be the only color that wouldn't completely rape my broke ass trying to build, since FoW is the single most expensive card in that color I'd play. I could actually put a list together over the next few days and PM it to anyone that'd want to see what they've got lying around.

Bardo
07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Honestly though, I think there are, on average, more Sourcers with Legacy decks than EDH decks. Unless you have one you'd like to let me borrow, I'm not really up for the whole EDH thing.

Yeah, that's fine. If everyone was all: "EDH?! Awesome. I'm there," then I'd get behind my idea and push for it. Not the case.

Legacy it is. A fine format. :)

DeathwingZERO
07-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, that's fine. If everyone was all: "EDH?! Awesome. I'm there," then I'd get behind my idea and push for it. Not the case.

Legacy it is. A fine format. :)

If you want to look into it as a side event, I'd be willing to work on one in the meantime. I'd need some help from peeps on the bigger rares, but I'm not above going out for some nickel and dime stuff and about 40-50 Islands.

tatt2dfreak
07-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I have all the rares anyone could need for EDH and I'll hook up friends that need to borrow....BUT!

DeathwingZERO : Come on man... any asshole can play counterspell... why you gotta play mono-blue? I mean, if you dont have enough talent, then mono-blue is the way to go.... But I thought you knew how to play the game...:cool:

Bardo
07-16-2008, 09:16 AM
If you want to look into it as a side event, I'd be willing to work on one in the meantime. I'd need some help from peeps on the bigger rares, but I'm not above going out for some nickel and dime stuff and about 40-50 Islands.
As I intend to take 1st in the main event, I don't see how I'll have the time to play EDH on the side. :wink:

Pinder
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
As I intend to take 1st in the main event, I don't see how I'll have the time to play EDH on the side. :wink:

I can help with that. I wouldn't want you to miss out on EDH, so I'll take first instead. Because I'm a nice guy like that.

danyul
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm down for another one of these big tourneys. I just need to bum a ride again...like a bum.

As far as counterbalance goes, I became really annoyed having to play against it several times during the last few tournaments, even though I was playing it myself. I've been trying to cook up something that can beat it consistently, but I'm no savant at that sort of thing.

Bardo
07-16-2008, 11:24 AM
I can help with that. I wouldn't want you to miss out on EDH, so I'll take first instead. Because I'm a nice guy like that.

Oh, maybe I'll just play my EDH event at the Legacy tournament. How would this deck do?

"Rubinia Soulsinger"
for Elder Dragon Highlander
by Bardo

1 Annul
1 Stifle
1 Mana Leak
1 Remove Soul
1 Counterspell
1 Twincast
1 Dissipate
1 Absorb
1 Voidslime
1 Desertion
1 Force of Will
1 Misdirection

1 Condemn
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Reprisal
1 Disenchant
1 Dismantling Blow
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Oblivion Stone
1 Krosan Grip
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Control Magic
1 Wrath of God
1 Treachery

1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Serum Visions
1 Impulse
1 Regrowth
1 Sylvan Library
1 Life from the Loam
1 Timetwister (yay!)
1 Jace Beleren
1 Gifts Ungiven
1 Mind's Eye

1 Crystal Shard
1 Sword of Fire & Ice
1 Mirari's Wake
1 Maze of Ith

1 Sunscape Familiar
1 Azorius Guildmage
1 Tarmogoyf
1 Quirion Dryad
1 Wall of Blossoms
1 Old Man of the Sea
1 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
1 Eternal Witness
1 Clone
1 Mystic Snake
1 Mystic Enforcer
1 Forgotten Ancient
1 Phelddagrif
1 Genesis
1 Morphling
1 Vesuvan Doppleganger
1 Rubinia Soulsinger [General]
1 Treva, the Renewer
1 Exalted Angel
1 Eternal Dragon

1 Tundra
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Adarkar Wastes
1 Mystic Gate
1 Coastal Tower
1 Tropical Island
1 Breeding Pool
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Flooded Grove
1 Savannah
1 Temple Garden
1 Brushland
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Krosan Verge
1 Treva's Ruins
1 Vesuva
1 Tolaria
1 Tolaria West
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Faerie Conclave
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Oboro, Palace in the Sky
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Island
1 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Karakas
1 Plains
1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
1 Llanowar Reborn
1 Treetop Village
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Forest
1 Mishra's Factory
1 Strip Mine
1 Sol Ring

I'll need to replace the Timetwister, Strip Mine and Sol Ring. Other than that, I am Good To Go.

tatt2dfreak
07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I'll need to replace the Timetwister, Strip Mine and Sol Ring. Other than that, I am Good To Go.

Why are you replacing them? They are legal in EDH! or are yourz proxies?

EDH is played with vintage legal cards, with the exception that cards are legal as of their set's prerelease.
Additionally, the following are banned:

Balance
Test of Endurance
Worldgorger Dragon
Biorhythm
Sway of the Stars
Upheaval
Panoptic Mirror
Crucible of Worlds
Kokosho, the Evening Star *NEW*
Limited Resources *NEW*
Ancestral Recall
Black Lotus
Moxen
Time Walk
Library of Alexandria
Yawgmoth's Bargain
Coalition Victory
Recurring Nightmare *NEW

DeathwingZERO
07-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Come on man... any asshole can play counterspell... why you gotta play mono-blue? I mean, if you dont have enough talent, then mono-blue is the way to go.... But I thought you knew how to play the game...:cool:

Who said I was playing Counterblue? Come on, my General is ARCANIS, not fucking Ertai (though that would be RIDICULOUS, thanks for the idea for another deck!). At most I'd be running probably a grip (7) countermagic, being:

1x Counterspell
1x FoW
1x Dissipate
1x Mana Drain (if Bret would be willing to let me borrow one of his, which I'm sure he would)
1x Misdirection
1x Cryptic Command
1x Spelljack
1x Forbid

Other than that, I'd probably not run much countermagic. Maybe A Voidmage Prodigy or Draining Whelk for shits n giggles. The obvious Hydroblast and BEB will probably show up as well, but I may just cut them out of knowing I won't see them much.

Most of my blue based decks are combo oriented, or random things like Affinity shells. So things like Broodstar, Darksteel Colossus, Ironworks, etc would probably show up in it. It'll more than likely be an artifact/blue based deck, since I have access to Tolarian Academy, Tinker, Monolith, Time Spiral, etc. So chances are, it'll just be a Masturbation style deck, with some protection elements. I'm not even sure what the win condition would be.

EDIT: And don't forget, for "budget" purposes I wanted mono-color. I can't afford to go find duals, shock lands, fetchlands, etc for a deck of 1 ofs. Anything past a single color and I'm already looking at the $200+ price range just for a manabase that's stable, barring a heavy green shell, which I hate doing. And the only other mono-color deck I'd play is black, and just thinking of random things from that color makes my wallet cry. I still might go with my original plan from my 150 highlander and stick with UBr, depending on how cheap certain cards I'd want are. A number of the cards I want for that deck I already have, since I was trying to build my BB German highlander for a while. I've probably still got about 20-30 spells out of the way for that in various shapes and forms.

Bardo
07-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Why are you replacing them? They are legal in EDH! or are yourz proxies?

See above. I said, instead of organizing an EDH tournament, I'd just retrofit my EDH deck and play it in the Legacy tournament. To do that, I'd need to remove the Strip Mine, Timetwister and Sol Ring from my deck. (Not proxied.)

Giles
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
There could always be a EDH tournament the day before or side event.

Yawgmoth
07-18-2008, 03:49 AM
If you play highlander I'll play highlander. I was seriously going to play a cheater highlander deck at the next turney. It was going to be 60 cards, everything a singleton but the mana base and 4 Tarmogofy. And if I won it would be proof that 4 Gofys and 56 or random cards is a legitimate deck in legacy.

I have played 60 card highlander decks (cheating on the mana base) 3 times at the weekly cave tournament and piloted to 3-1 or 2-1 each time.

Mister Agent
07-21-2008, 12:52 AM
See above. I said, instead of organizing an EDH tournament, I'd just retrofit my EDH deck and play it in the Legacy tournament. To do that, I'd need to remove the Strip Mine, Timetwister and Sol Ring.

Bardo, If you top 8 at the event with your elder dragon highlander deck that would be great if you can sign my rubinia soulsinger. :smile:

Giles
07-28-2008, 04:41 AM
With one week until this dance..... who is going?

Edit: Bardo remind me to thank you when I see you.

DeathwingZERO
07-28-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm in. At least I believe I am, if I can get a deck from someone. Pretty sure I will though.

tatt2dfreak
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
i'm going....

DeathwingZERO
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM
i'm going....

Got some awesome tech-sauce for us this time around? Or going with the tried and failed stompy approach? :P

tatt2dfreak
07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
i do... it's pretty good too...

Bardo
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
It's on my calendar. I'll be there.

Pinder
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm there, and I'm dragging Maverick with me.

tatt2dfreak
07-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Cool, Pinder you are a good kid... i hope i get a chance you play you this time...and you better bring a highlander deck... if not I'll bring like 4....

Bardo
08-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Bump. Two days.

tatt2dfreak
08-03-2008, 01:59 AM
looks like I won't be at the Tourney... No GAS...:mad:

DeathwingZERO
08-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Call me tomorrow morning around 11:30. I'm gonna be heading up to Vancouver at that time, and if I can pick you up (bearing you live ~ 15 min away or less) I will do it after I drop my buddies off. I PM'd you my number in case you don't have it on hand anymore.

Pinder
08-03-2008, 10:02 AM
This thing starts at noon, right? I'm just getting a gauge here of when I'll need to leave Seattle.

Volt
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM
This thing starts at noon, right? I'm just getting a gauge here of when I'll need to leave Seattle.

When:
August 3, 2008 (first Sunday of the month)
The first round will begin at 1:00pm sharp. Show up early to register.

Pinder
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Right. Either way I'll probably need to show up at noon. Thanks.

Bardo
08-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I hate to say this, but I'm not in the mood to play MtG today. Sorry to say, but I'm going to bail.

If I went, this is what I was going to play:

4c Vorosh
by Bardo

4 Brainstorm
4 Standstill
3 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Force of Will
3 Counterspell
3 Counterbalance

4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Pernicious Deed
2 Engineered Explosives
1 Crime & Punishment
1 Vedalken Shackles

4 Tarmogoyf

4 Mishra's Factory
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
4 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
3 Tundra
2 Island

Sideboard
4 Hydroblast
3 Engineered Plague
3 Thoughtseize
3 Extirpate
2 Krosan Grip

Pinder
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Man, I didn't do so well today. I played Moon Thresh, and I went 0-2-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER. And by beer I mean:

Guiness
White Russian
Shot of 99 Bananas (banana flavored, ninety-motherfucking-nine proof)
Irish Car Bomb
The list function

Anyway, here's how it went.

4 Ichorid in the top 8
1 Ichorid in the top 4
Holy shit what the fuck?

top 4 is playing. It's Ichorid, Goblins, Stifle/Naught, and some Red/Green sligh thing.

99 Bananas is like bananas on FIRE.

Jak
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
How many played? I was on vacation until this morning so I had an excuse...

Volt
08-04-2008, 12:51 AM

Zach Tartell
08-04-2008, 01:01 AM
There any way to get lists? I'd like to at least hear the jist of that Sligh deck.

Volt
08-04-2008, 01:07 AM

DeathwingZERO
08-04-2008, 06:24 AM
We didn't do deck lists this time, but the Sligh deck was running Tarmogoyfs, Dark Confidants, Tattermunge Maniacs, Mogg Fanatics, Kird Apes, and a bunch of burn spells. No Grim Lavamancers, Keldon Marauders, or Countryside Crushers.

Ya, in retrospect, had I fit in Chalice into my SB, I would have crushed him. Extirpate = shit. That is all.

Giles
08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
How many played? I was on vacation until this morning so I had an excuse...

FUCK YOU NO YOU DONT!

Jak
08-04-2008, 07:23 AM
FUCK YOU NO YOU DONT!

Just because you didn't get to see my beauty, doesn't mean you have to be so damn rude. Did you do horrible in the tournament with Vile Horror?

Pinder
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Just because you didn't get to see my beauty, doesn't mean you have to be so damn rude. Did you do horrible in the tournament with Vile Horror?

Actually, he top 8'd with Ichorid. Like every other Ichorid player.

Fuck the East Coast for bringing that deck over here. No one played it before Krieger and Anwar took it to the DLD. Now I actually have to metagame for it.

Volt
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Yawgmoth
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I now have proof that 4 Goyf and 56 random cards is a legitimate deck in legacy. I'm very proud to announce that I made top 8 with my semi highlander deck.

My awesome deck of doom:

1 Brainstorm
1 Sensei’s Divining Top
1 Mirri’s Guile
1 Sylvan Library

1 Fact or Fiction
1 Intuition
1 Gifts Ungiven
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Genesis
1 Eternal Witness
1 Trinket Mage
1 Life from the Loam
1 Pithing Needle

4 Tarmogoyf
1 Tombstalker
1 Exalted Angle
1 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Gigapede

1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Condemn
1 Smother
1 Vindicate
1 Diabolic Edict
1 Shriekmaw
1 Mortify
1 Krosan Grip

1 Damnation
1 Wrath of God
1 Pernicious Deed
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Akroma’s Vengeance

3 Bayou
3 Savanna
3 Scrubland
1 Tundra
1 Tropical Island
1 Underground Sea
1 Barren Moor
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Wasteland
1 Volrath’s Stronghold
1 Academy Ruins
4 Windswept Heath
3 Polluted Delta
1 Forest

SB:
3 Krosan Grip
3 Pithing Needle
1 Gaea’s Blessing
4 Extirpate
3 Circle of Protection: Red
1 Loxodon Hierarch

I squeaked into the top 8 at 3-2, being the only 3-2 to make it in. I got paired against my buddy Abe in the top 8 and I conceded to him because I had no chance against the 4 dredge decks that made top 8. Abe conceded to me at the Underground Seas tournament in the finals so I definitely owed him one. He gave me one of his Wooded Foothills after he won four, so I really like how it turned out.

Quick tournament report:

Round 1
I play Trevor playing his rock deck that he top 8'ed with at the DLD. Games 1 he gets land screwed + 1 wasteland and Angle goes the distance. Game 2 had some decent interaction but then his Angle goes the distance. Game 3 was quite possibly the most epic game of magic I have ever played. It was a ridiculously long game that I recovered from Armageddon + Wasteland lock to win.

Round 2
I play Ron playing yet another rock style deck his being 2 color. Gifts + Intuition crush the mirror and served me well.

Round 3
Quinn w/ Dredge. I consider just conceding but decide to play to see if I could luck sack a game and get better tiebreakers. Unfortunately 0-2 with no big surprise there.

Round 4
Goblins. I get desperately close to stabilizing in game one but just can't quite pull it off. Game two I win stabilizing at 1 with Cop: Red then recurring Loxodon Hierarch 3 times. Game 3 I was prepared for any hand but a lacky hand having Needle, Smother, Damnation, and Hierarch. I manage a to Smother something but I still die before my fourth turn. I didn't get a single Tarmogoyf all three games =-(.

Round 5
My opponent conceded to me, not really sure what his reasons were exactly.

I want to send a special thanks to the two Seattle players that came down and got crushed while I top 8 with highlander. You guys suck and I'm simply amazing.

Jak
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Fuck the East Coast for bringing that deck over here. No one played it before Krieger and Anwar took it to the DLD. Now I actually have to metagame for it.

He lied to me.

DeathwingZERO
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM

I just wanted to chime in, j00 suck. Bret and I have not only had the deck built for playtesting since last year, I've PLAYED it before. I even brought it to the DLD myself. Nobody noticed though, as my matchups were terrible, and I went 1-2 drop.

Also, props to the fellow Ichorid players, for truly shifting the hell out of our metagame. Every part that died inside me when I lost with combo at the Batcave regrew a little yesterday. I have myself and you 3 to thank for that. Oh, and Ichorid too. He's a fucking beast of a Horror.

Jak
08-04-2008, 05:11 PM
What was all the hate used in the Sligh deck? Seems like over kill, but he did end up in the top 2.

DeathwingZERO
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
What was all the hate used in the Sligh deck? Seems like over kill, but he did end up in the top 2.

That I know of, RGB slight brought in Crypts and Extirpates against me. He said he sided in 13 cards, so there was either a 1 of that he might have had 3 in the maindeck already, or he didn't have 4 of's of all his hate pieces. I'm not sure, I never saw past the first few turns both games.

tatt2dfreak
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM
It was good and i brought a must better deck the last time... I still went 2-2, so i was happy...

Yawgmoth
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Did I really hurt your guys feelings so bad that you won't give me props? I was was just kidding you guys don't suck (that bad). I was half expecting a line like, "A drunken monkey playing 5 color aggro slivers could have got in the top eight with your match ups, Nick." You guys know I like to just f' with people, c'mon you guys are my teammates.

Volt
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM

Pinder
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Now, Nick, just imagine what you could have done if you'd played a good deck.

Nucklehead
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Actually, one of the Ichorid decks was piloted by a local player (Quinn) who has been playing it for a long time. He just hadn't shown up at the last few Batcave tournaments.

Yep thats me QUINN. I had to re register for thesource. And yeah I top8d with ichorid and I wasnt even playing LED.