PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] TMD OPEN 12.5-$500 Type 1 Tourney-August 24, Stratford, CT

Iamfishman
07-16-2008, 08:05 PM
ATTN MODS: As you know...I try to play both Legacy and Vintage and constantly lement the fact that vintage and legacy events clash on dates. As evidence of my leaning toward fairness, and not a bias towards vintage, this weekend I am going to the Syracuse $1000 event over the closer ELD event largely due to the fact that Syracuse scheduled their date first. Accordingly, even though this post is for a Vintage event, I'm putting it here so that no one on here says, "we didn't know a vintage event was scheduled for that day". Feel free to delete it if you think this thread is not apprpriate for a Legacy board. Thank you.

-----
Commence announcement

As many of you have noticed it has been some time since I have held a tournament. At the end of last year (a year in which I was both a senior class advisor and first year department head) I was up to my eyeballs in obligations. Recently, I was on a trip to San Diego, and prior to that I got engaged. Suffice to say I was busy. At any rate, the tourney bug has been biting and so I got the steam behind me to hold another event. This will be a one day event to serve as a preface to a larger tournament to come later in the year.

WHEN:
SUNDAY, August 24, 2008

WHERE:
GamingETC.com Storefront
555 Lordship Boulevard (Exit 30 off I95)
Stratford CT 06615
1-800-380-1115 or 203-849-0186

LODGINGS:
Ramada Inn
255 Lordship Boulevard
Stratford, CT. 06615
203-375-8866

WHAT:
TMD OPEN 12.5

$20 Entry Fee

Tourney Starts PROMPTLY at 11:00 am(To avoid a prolonged tournament, this will be strictly enforced. Latecomers will be subject to a round 1 loss.)

Format - Type One with TEN proxies + $1 per extra proxy(15 proxies maximum)

Cut to top 8

DOPENESS FACTOR: The square of the number of ordered pairs of integers (m,n) for which mn>0 and m^3 + n^3 + 99mn = 33^3

PRIZE SUPPORT:

Prize Support based on 35 participants
1st Prize – 300 store credit or $240 in cash + ROund 1 Bye at TMD OPEN 13 + Free Entry at TMD OPEN 13
2nd Prize – 150 store credit or $120 in cash
3rd Prize – 75 store credit or $60 in cash
4th Prize – 40 store creditor $30 in cash
5-8th Prize – 20 store credit or $15 in cash
9th Prize- 1 Draft Set
***Prizes will increase with increase in attendance.***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIDE EVENTS: During the day we will be running Vintage Flights(like they do at prereleases). These flights will go off anytime there are 16 players signed up. Each flight will have 16 players and be runs double elimination style. Each flight will cost $10. BECAUSE MY OVERHEAD AND STAFF COSTS WERE COVERED IN THE MAIN EVENT PRIZE STRUCTURE, ALL $160 for each flight will go into the prize pool. This will be divided as follows. First will get $80, Second will get $40 and third and fourth will each get $20. We will run as many flights during the day as we can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event follow the Universal Tournament Organizer Guidelines.
http://magiceternal.com/UTOG.html

PROXIES:
As far as proxies go, each player will be entitled to 10 proixes included in the basic admission cost. In addition, players may pay $1 per proxy for the ability to play additional ones with the maximum number of total proxies being 15. Prior to the start of the tournament, when you bring up your decklist, a TMD OPEN associate(not someone playing in the event) will check that your decklist properly indicates all your proxies. At this time, you will present your deck to show the indicated number of proxies and pay at that time for additional ones past 10. There are some who would be tempted to cheat this system. Let it be said that each round there will be at least one random deck check(now possible with increased help). Any player who is found to have more proxies than indicated on his decklist and/or paid for will receive a disqualification from the event without prize. This may sound severe, but keep in mind that this is simply to prevent deception and people from abusing a privilege intended to benefit TMD OPEN and newer players(who may need slightly more proxies). As long as you are on the up-and-up, you have nothing to worry about.

A proxy should not be distunguishable from a regular card in a sleeve except for the face. This means no back markings, no cards backwards in sleeves, no abnormal thickness of papers in sleeves, no papers falling out of sleeves, etc.

Proxies must have all pertinent info written on them: Card Name, Casting Cost, Text, Power/Toughness, Etc

Best bet is to get some revised plains(they are plenty light), sharpie the front with all the info, and draw a quick sketch of the picture. This will minimize your chance of having an inappropriate proxy.

If there is still doubt, ask at TMD OPEN when registering your deck.

Questions comments concerns, please feel free to contact me at iamfishman2000@hotmail.com, via AIM at PLIKEY, PM ME, or by cell phone at (860) 605-3730

Cya at Waterbury!

J.V.
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
... this weekend I am going to the Syracuse $1000 event...

Ray Robillard is going to the Syracuse $1000!? This really is going to be the best tournament ever.

P.S. Ray Bring your giant cards, I want want to use Chaos Orb :laugh:
=======================
Edit: Also I will most likely be attending this.

technogeek5000
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
eh, Ill look at the new T1.1 meta and see if I have the cards to build something competitive.

TeenieBopper
07-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm curious, do your "dopeness factors" have real answers? They seem like they would, but the math is way beyond me.

Joe_C
07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
I am down for this tourney!

Nightmare
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm curious, do your "dopeness factors" have real answers? They seem like they would, but the math is way beyond me.They do. Ray is a Math teacher.

This event looks pretty sweet, but I think I have plans that weekend already.

Iamfishman
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm curious, do your "dopeness factors" have real answers? They seem like they would, but the math is way beyond me.

They sure do. They are just meant to be super challenging.