PDA

View Full Version : Marked for demolition - Top 26 with Eva Green at 1k event

nitewolf9
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
So I played Eva Green at the 1k event this past weekend in NY. The journey up there can be sufficiently summarized in Dave Gearhart's tournament report, but just for the record I did not jinx anything. We get tons of sleep the night before the tournament and everything is looking pretty good. Ichorid and survival is expected to show up in reasonable numbers, so I change the deck just a bit to accomodate this:

Eva Green does Europe:

4 Tombstalker
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Nantuko Shade
4 Hypnotic Specter

4 Dark Ritual
4 Thoughtseize
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Sinkhole
4 Snuff Out
3 Pithing Needle (was great actually)

4 Wasteland
4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
3 Bayou
6 Swamp

Board:
4 Engineered Plague
4 Choke
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Extirpate (terrible...do not use)

So, right before the tournament starts, Jesse Krieger comes up to me and says "Dan, you need to play a turn 1 Tombstalker today. And when you do it, before you drop it, stand up and call my name and say "this is for you!"".

Round 1 vs Goblins:
My opening 7:
fetch, swamp, dark ritual, dark ritual, tombstalker, tarmogoyf, pithing needle
Wtf? Um.....keep?

I lose the die roll and my opponent goes mountain vial go. I go fetch, rit, rit, STAND UP AND CALL "JESSE! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE KRIEGER! JESSE KRIEGER!" for about 20 seconds to Jesse, who is sitting 10 feet away. He doesn't turn around, and to avoid a judge intervention I sit down and play the stalker. He is answered by warren wierding, but I still win because Eva Green is retarded against goblins. Post sideboard I win because that deck still can't beat plague.

The rest of the day is fucked because Jesse ruined my Mojo by not turning around even though he FUCKING CALLED MY FIRST PLAY OF THE DAY. I get rolled by ichorid and then retarded TES hands the next 2 rounds, and end the day at like 4-3. Thanks, Jesse Krieger.

Props:
- Jesse Krieger for calling my turn 1 tombstalker on the first game of the day
- Me, for ripping a supid 7 card hand with turn 1 tombstalker and fulfilling the prophecy
Slops:
- Jesse Kriger for not turning around

Fucking Jesse Kriger. Shit.

Nightmare
07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Slops - Dan Signorini, for not coming out to bars with us.

nitewolf9
07-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Slops - Dan Signorini, for not coming out to bars with us.

Additional Slops: Dave Gearhart for taking forever to lose in the top 4 and making me wait, then me not knowing where everyone went. I take it you guys had a great time?

Nightmare
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Additional Slops: Dave Gearhart for taking forever to lose in the top 4 and making me wait, then me not knowing where everyone went. I take it you guys had a great time?
I think we did. It gets a little fuzzy toward the end parts there.

Deep6er
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Frownz. I actually just wanted to split top 4 and get the fuck out, but the others didn't. Not my goddamn fault. Also, you could have just told me to get a ride with Kadilak or something. Anwar too. If you'd wanted to go, you could have said something.

Although,

Slops:
Nightmare and everyone else for not telling everyone when they were leaving. You guys suck.
Teeniebopper for not showing up.
The fuck guys?

nitewolf9
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
I suppose I could have done something, but I'd rather blame someone else than myself. Plus, in reality, I kinda wanted you to pull off a W against that landstill deck. Seemed pretty bad though.

Nightmare
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Slops:
Nightmare and everyone else for not telling everyone when they were leaving. You guys suck.
I left approximately 10 times, and had to drag everyone else out kicking and screaming. I'm amazed you didn't notice. To be fair though, you were in the middle of losing at the time. I just wanted to go drink with Parcher, man.

Deep6er
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I can see that. If it was in the middle of the game(s) where Geoff was handing me my ass on a silver platter, I was pretty distracted. Fair enough.

zulander
07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I think turn 1 pithing needle was the correct play. When pithing needle comes into play you could have named aether vile, thus he could never have used that aether vile during the game because pithing needle says "The named card's activated abilities can't be used" or something along those lines. Plus, what deck goes swamp -> needle; go. You could have totally confused him.

nitewolf9
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I think turn 1 pithing needle was the correct play. When pithing needle comes into play you could have named aether vile, thus he could never have used that aether vile during the game because pithing needle says "The named card's activated abilities can't be used" or something along those lines. Plus, what deck goes swamp -> needle; go.

Yes, I realize that was the correct play, and I realized it at the time as well. That was irrelivant. Turn one fucking tombstalker, after Jesse K. called it.