PDA

View Full Version : HUGE $1,000 LEGACY Tournament In Binghamton, NY (Sept. 27)

T-ORGANIZER
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
$1000 Legacy Grand Opening Event!!!

Time : September 27th, 2008
Doors open at 9am
Registration starts at 10am
Tournament starts at 11am

Where : Jupiter Games
3701 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal, NY 13850
In the Campus Plaza
1 Hour south of Syracuse, 2.5 Hours from Rochester, 4.5 Hours from North Va., and 2.5 Hours from Ct.
Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=3701+vestal+parkway+east,+vestal,+new+york&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=63.086946,94.482422&ie=UTF8&z=17)

Format : Legacy – Sanctioned

Cost : $25 Day of, $20 Pre-Registration Before September 20th (In person, cc, check, or private message for Paypal info.)

Judges : Head – Eli Kassis Floor – Carl Winter

Prizes : 1st place – $400 Store Credit (300)
2nd place - $200 Store Credit (150)
3rd 4th place - $100 Store Credit (75)
5th-8th place - $50 Store Credit (37.50)
9th-16th place – Picks From The Prize Pool
All Prizes Are Guaranteed Regardless Of Attendance.(40+ people = More Prizes!)
Cash as a prize is legally ambiguous, but if you were to purchases singles and then sell them back to us that’s perfectly acceptable. The best rate on a single that we buy back is 75% of the original value. The number’s in parenthesis listed above with the prizes are what those amounts would translate into.

Prize Pool :
Force of Will Polluted Delta Savannah
Reset Mana Crypt Volcanic Island
Plateau Taiga Scrubland
Bayou BitterBlossom Mutavault

Random Bonuses :
The remainder of the prize pool will be added in with many other door prizes that will be given out every round of the tournament! There’s a Chinese buffet, Wendy’s, and an Apple Bee’s in the same plaza within walking distance. It’s directly across the street from Binghamton University. We have practically every card in stock with better prices than any other dealer! We are always buying and we buy everything! There will be plenty of side events including drafts as well as constructed events, or even a Type 4 tournament!

We also just opened our doors TODAY! So we are looking forward to starting it off with a bang. We have less overhead than renting out a place which means we can contribute to even more prizes. We are not looking to make a profit from the tournament so if entrances exceed prizes, prizes will be increased.

munkie
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Well since I miss you so much, Eli, you might just have to build me a deck and let me play for you or the store. If you can do that, I'm totally down. If not, I'll build my own deck and take your money. :-D

Deep6er
07-31-2008, 06:18 PM
I had some questions about the prize support. You have this section down near the bottom that just seems to have a bunch of random cards thrown together. Is that, like, a sample or something? I'm kind of confused.

Do you have a site online? That way we can gauge prizes and try to figure out what to do with the store credit and if it will be worth it for us to drive up there.

Don't get me wrong though, I want to go, but sometimes people don't capitulate based purely on my wishes. Bit of a beating, but hey, that's life. :)

Zach Tartell
07-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Don't get me wrong though, I want to go, but sometimes people don't capitulate based purely on my wishes. Bit of a beating, but hey, that's life. :)

Shut up and learn Korean so you can sign my Cities of Solitude.

Deep6er
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
... no?

Is that a viable option?

Lego
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Prizes : 1st place – $400 Store Credit (300)
2nd place - $200 Store Credit (150)
3rd 4th place - $100 Store Credit (75)
4-8th place - $50 Store Credit (37.50)
8-16th place – Picks From The Prize Pool

You have a bit of a problem with your prizes. It should probably be 5th-8th, and then 9th-16th. Otherwise, it's much better to get 4th place than 3rd place :wink:

Wallace
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
I'll be there, will be nice to see the new shop, you guys have been talking about it forever. If anyone from the Cuse wants to ride with me just send me a PM, first come, first serve so PM me now.

Michael Keller
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Gonna have to go down south and win some cash.

And then, it's downtown Binghamton just like the good old college days!

on1y0ne
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
That is the weekend of the Pre-Release for Shards of Alara. Although there are all the changes to the way pre-releases are done, that still may hinder the turn-out. Just sayin'...

That kid you all hate
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll probably be there. Binghamton is mad close to my town.

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2008, 02:21 AM
We have practically every card in the game in stock. People also seem to agree that our prices are typically the lowest they can find as well. We have every dual, every dual in fbb, most in beta/alpha. Tons of foil hot rares (thoughtseize, mutavaults, etc.). Also every one of those cards listed is for 8th-16th anything left is added to the door prizes.

I had some questions about the prize support. You have this section down near the bottom that just seems to have a bunch of random cards thrown together. Is that, like, a sample or something? I'm kind of confused.

Do you have a site online? That way we can gauge prizes and try to figure out what to do with the store credit and if it will be worth it for us to drive up there.

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2008, 02:23 AM
We will have the prereleases at our shop as well. So we can run drafts with the new stuff all day as side events. Yes it was also a typo, it should say 5th-8th sorry. Our website isn't functional yet, we literally just opened. We are hoping to get it done soon though. It will be jupitergames.com when we are done.

clavio
08-01-2008, 02:36 AM
I go to Binghamton. This is fucking sick. Are you going to have legacy all the time, or just this one thing?

EDIT: If someone wants to sleep on my couch/floor, it'd probably be ok.

on1y0ne
08-01-2008, 06:16 AM
What are the normal business hours and what is the phone number to the store?

Michael Keller
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
I go to Binghamton. This is fucking sick. Are you going to have legacy all the time, or just this one thing?

EDIT: If someone wants to sleep on my couch/floor, it'd probably be ok.

Anyone up for the Ratt? I still have some frat buds that live down there. One of my buddies actually purchased it and cleaned it up. I swear, if you went to Binghamton and didn't get at least a hand-job every weekend, then there's something wrong with you.

If Bryant comes, I'll just tell them I'm watching my sister's kid for a few days while I go get some freshman ass. :cool:

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
What are the normal business hours and what is the phone number to the store?

11am til 9pm most days, sat and sunday we open at 10am and mon and tues we close at 6pm. The phone number is (607)729-5910. Thursdays at 6pm we draft everyweek. Friday is currently boardgame night but will soon turn into FNM's. Saturdays are either standard or extended and occasionally two-headed giant. If we get enough interest I am all for having legacy tournaments, we certainly have every card in the format on hand and in stock.

T-ORGANIZER
08-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm currently working out a deal with Nightmare, but I am 95% certain that our store will be vending the 5 Year Anniversary Event in October. Our last offer also included adding 4 volcanic islands to the door prizes of the event!

The prizes for our tournament in September are guaranteed regardless of attendance, but as a secondary benefit to holding this tournament, if we get enough people (30ish), we can start holding GP trials in the area as well as other bigger events.

T-ORGANIZER
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
If you haven't been following the big 5 year anniversary event information, the tournament location just got moved to our shop (Jupiter Games) in Binghamton. Needless to say we are very excited. For the latest information on this event look for the anniversary event under tournament announcements and reports. This gives our tournament the chance to be a excellent source of practice as well as a chance to reveal the updated meta-game before the bigger event on October the 18th.

Lets make legacy big again!

That kid you all hate
08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll probably be there. Binghamton is mad close to my town.

I'm bringing at least one friend too.

T-ORGANIZER
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Sweet, the more the merrier. Just to remind everyone too, they can preregister for a small discount (by contacting me privately) by using paypal, a cc, or mail.

ThatGuyThere
08-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm 90% likely to be there.

With a busload from Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Some of us might even have decks that put up a fight.

...but for the most part we'll be helping to fund the prize-pool.

Once I finalize a list of who's attending, we'll be pre-registering.

T-ORGANIZER
08-11-2008, 08:30 PM

With a busload from Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Some of us might even have decks that put up a fight.

Sounds great, looking forward to having all of you.

That kid you all hate
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM

Man, I was just on a short trip to Kingston. What's the magic scene like up there?

T-ORGANIZER
08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I posted local hotel information if anyone is thinking of getting a room the night before or night of under the 5 year anniversary tournament which is going to be in the same location (at our shop) only three weeks later.

ThatGuyThere
08-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Man, I was just on a short trip to Kingston. What's the magic scene like up there?

So far, six optimists. :wink:

T-ORGANIZER
08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I've gotten a good amount of PM's and local word of mouth that a good number of people are coming, besides if attendance is poor that works in your favor cause the prizes are guaranteed.

Nemcon
08-16-2008, 12:12 PM
If I can get there from Rochester I'll be in.

T-ORGANIZER
08-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Plenty of space for people to crash at my house, 1 mile away from the tournament/store site.

ThatGuyThere
08-17-2008, 07:46 AM

So far, six optimists.

I've gotten a good amount of PM's and local word of mouth that a good number of people are coming, besides if attendance is poor that works in your favor cause the prizes are guaranteed.

...er, if you were talking to me, I think we missed each other. The optimists are coming.

...that is not our team name.

Meantime, there's six of us. And couch space...

Plenty of space for people to crash at my house, 1 mile away from the tournament/store site.

...how much of that can we book? One fat man and a bunch of skinny bastards.

[It's okay, I can call him fat. He's me.]

T-ORGANIZER
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
...er, if you were talking to me, I think we missed each other. The optimists are coming.

I have a really nice basement, got a pool table, ping pong table, trampoline, Arcade machine, exercise equipment, poker table, big screen tv, but the only thing is it doesn't have any couches. So as long as you guys bring sleeping bags it can fit almost 20 people.

T-ORGANIZER
08-20-2008, 09:21 PM
The Marriot was nice enough to give our players a discount which you can find online if you use this link below. The code will be automatically entered by using this link.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bgmvs?groupCode=jupjupb&app=resvlink&fromDate=9/26/08&toDate=9/28/08

T-ORGANIZER
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I realize this is the day of the release events for some stores, rest assured we will have the product in as well and will be running side events for it at our event. We will also have some more side events for the new stuff the next day as well.

beastman
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
anybody from the NOVA area going? i'm deftinetely gonna try and make this one. ive also got a couple friends in maryland who might come

Nightmare
08-26-2008, 11:01 PM
A bnch of us from Sracuse should be there.

Wereodile
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM

Skinny? Why thank you!

We are really looking forward to this, for 90% of us this will be our first Legacy Tourney!

Even if we lose I'm still going to blow my paycheck at your store :)

Wereodile
08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I have a really nice basement, got a pool table, ping pong table, trampoline, Arcade machine, exercise equipment, poker table, big screen tv, but the only thing is it doesn't have any couches. So as long as you guys bring sleeping bags it can fit almost 20 people.

If that arcade machine is Ninja Turtles I might just have to start paying rent.

T-ORGANIZER
08-27-2008, 02:14 PM
haha its double dragon

Wereodile
08-28-2008, 02:46 PM
haha its double dragon

I cook :tongue:

clavio
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
No trash talk yet?

4 of the top 8 will be Binghamton.

T-ORGANIZER
08-29-2008, 07:27 AM
No trash talk yet?

4 of the top 8 will be Binghamton.

Haha, while that would be cool, I dont think thats ever happened.

rsaunder
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Haha, while that would be cool, I dont think thats ever happened.

One of the T8 will be Geneseo. I say one because as far as I know, I'm it ^_^

clavio
08-30-2008, 12:11 PM
They're all good players, they just don't have Legacy decks...

Nemcon
08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Like I said before, if anyone knows how to get there from Rochester to the place, without having my own car, I would like to know so I can try and get there as well as the other source tournament in October.

Trying to get plans early before something else happens.

That kid you all hate
08-30-2008, 02:59 PM
They're all good players, they just don't have Legacy decks...

I disagree. Were you involved in the Binghamton vs. Ithaca drafts? We PWNED your asses. Like, 1 match loss for us out of all three tiers. And one name-COOMBE. He still owes a friend of mine like 35 bux or something.

T-ORGANIZER
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I disagree. Were you involved in the Binghamton vs. Ithaca drafts? We PWNED your asses. Like, 1 match loss for us out of all three tiers. And one name-COOMBE. He still owes a friend of mine like 35 bux or something.

Well before you discount the binghamton scene keep in mind it's where I am from. My finishings are not to shabby, nor are my ratings.

T-ORGANIZER
09-10-2008, 12:59 AM
We are going to run a legacy tournament Saturday Sept. 20th before our tournament on the 27th. It will be sanctioned and FREE, but we will still give out 3$ in store credit per person that enters. I figure this is a good opportunity to play test and get some free stuff. The tournament will start at 1pm and we hope to see you there.

That kid you all hate
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Well before you discount the binghamton scene keep in mind it's where I am from. My finishings are not to shabby, nor are my ratings.

I know that you're good. I was dissing the people my townsfolk and I have drafted against.

T-ORGANIZER
09-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I know that you're good. I was dissing the people my townsfolk and I have drafted against.

Heh its all good, I was just getting all prideful of my binghamton scene :smile:

T-ORGANIZER
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
We are going to run a legacy tournament Saturday Sept. 20th before our tournament on the 27th. It will be sanctioned and FREE, but we will still give out 3$ in store credit per person that enters. I figure this is a good opportunity to play test and get some free stuff. The tournament will start at 1pm and we hope to see you there.

Just wanted to make sure people knew that we changed the day of this event to Saturday instead of Sunday. This is the free tournament, not the big event(Which has not changed one bit)

That kid you all hate
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to make sure people knew that we changed the day of this event to Saturday instead of Sunday.

wait, is the thousand dolla still on Saturday the 27? What are you even talking about?

T-ORGANIZER
09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
wait, is the thousand dolla still on Saturday the 27? What are you even talking about?

Heh yes sorry it is not changed. I am referring to our free legacy tournament that we are running so people can have a practice tournament.

TheBirdMan
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I think the top 8 looks like this:
3 Bzk Players playing, it doesnt matter what we play say battle of wits, vial birds and starter deck with 4 jittes
1 Imperial Painter
1 T.E.S
2 Nourishing Lich
1 Canadian Thrashhold

That kid you all hate
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm going to be 50% of the nourishing lich piloted to top 8.

cwt1220
09-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say 8 Nourishing Lich decks in the T8.
Any objections?????

-Chris-

Ewokslayer
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Despite only having 2 members coming, Team Unicorn will comprise all of the Top 8.

The fear of facing us will cause your intestinal fortitude to be compromised.

Nightmare
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Despite only having 2 members coming, Team Unicorn will comprise all of the Top 8.

The fear of facing us will cause your intestinal fortitude to be compromised.

He means you'll poop your pants.

I can't make it, but I think there's an EPIC crew heading down to check it out.

Sage
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Would someone mind posting the results for this weekend's 'free' tournament in the Tournament Results thread?

I will be attending both tournements as my mother-in-law lives within 30mins of the site. For once my wife was totally cool with me going to both events. :smile:

clavio
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Would someone mind posting the results for this weekend's 'free' tournament in the Tournament Results thread?

2 Budget affinity decks, MUC splash green for goyf and some other shennanigans. Plus only 8 people were playing.

Wallace
09-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Anybody from the Cuse need a ride to this thing, I plan on going and have 3 open spots in my car. PM me if your interested...

T-ORGANIZER
09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I am fairly certain that we are giving away one of those new $100 dragon promo boxes as a door prize at this tournament. It's about a 95% certainty right now.

That kid you all hate
09-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I top 8'd, but not with nourishing lich, I was playing a U/G/r/b thresh monstrosity that I called Reefer Madness because I must have been high when I built and decided to play it. I went 4-0-2 and ended third in the standings.

Zach Tartell
09-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Top 8 anybody?

I've heard that Smelski made it (big suprise there).

Nightmare
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Matt McNally made it again with EPIC Painter. That deck is the real deal, kids.

freakish777
09-27-2008, 09:17 PM
T8 that I know of:

Matt with Painter
Ray Robillard with Counterslivers (I think he was drawing in at least in the last round)
Dave Price with RGb Survival Advantage
Geoff Smelski with Landstill (he nearly didn't make it, he and nickrit drew round 4 leaving them each on 2-1-1)
Jonathan (Birdman) with GBw(r?) Survival

I would imagine they're playing the finals at this point since it's about 3 hours back from Binghamton. I went 4-2, getting stuck on two lands in game 3 of round 3 again Matt (sitting on double Krosan Grip), and then in game 2 of match 4 against Jonathan after his three discard spells ripped apart my hand by turn 2 of game 1.

emidln
09-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Any observations on the field?

Zach Tartell
09-27-2008, 10:51 PM
If you guys want me to do a metagame breakdown and type out lists (as I've done for Altered) feel free to PM me for my address - I seriously have zero life.

That kid you all hate
09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
T8 that I know of:

Matt with Painter
Ray Robillard with Counterslivers (I think he was drawing in at least in the last round)
Geoff Smelski with Landstill (he nearly didn't make it, he and nickrit drew round 4 leaving them each on 2-1-1)

I would imagine they're playing the finals at this point since it's about 3 hours back from Binghamton. I went 4-2, getting stuck on two lands in game 3 of round 3 again Matt (sitting on double Krosan Grip), and then in game 2 of match 4 against Jonathan after his three discard spells ripped apart my hand by turn 2 of game 1.

Me, with a 4-color thresh build. There were no finals, there was a top 8 split with everyone getting 125 store credit or 97(I believe) cash. Nobody wanted to actually play it out. I'll post my list up tomorrow.

Whit3 Ghost
09-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Fuck yeah Quack!

J.V.
09-28-2008, 01:20 AM
So what were the other two decks in T8? And how many players?

That kid you all hate
09-28-2008, 01:25 AM
46 players I believe, IDK the other 2 top 8 decks.

T-ORGANIZER
09-28-2008, 08:10 AM
There were 46 players, the top 8 did decide to split the cash/credit 8 ways. I am going to post the decklists here in the next few days if you guys want to check back they'll be up soon I promise. The tournament was a great success and I want to thank everyone that came. We will definitely be lookign forward to having another one soon. We might just make the next one a Dual for Duals tournament and start that tradition back up. What is everyones opinion on that? Anyone looking to host their own event and looking for a location or dealers feel free to contact me or the store and we would be happy to work something out. If anyone wants any other info. feel free to let me know.

Lando
09-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I also made top 8 with Canadian Thresh.

Shriekmaw
09-28-2008, 10:57 AM
T8 that I know of:

Matt with Painter

The decks that I know that made top 8 are the following:

Geoff Smelski (U/W/b Landstill)
Ray Robillard (Counterslivers)
Matt (EPIC Painter)
Dave Price (RBb Survival)
Source Name 'Lando' (UGr Canadian Threshold)
Nick Wowelko (UGr Canadian Threshold)
Jon (GBW Survival)
Source Name 'the kid you all hate' (U/G/r/b Threshold)

Please correct me if I got anything wrong.

It was a great tournament and it was good that Geoff and I had the draw and still both made top 8.

That kid you all hate
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
that looks right. I'm Gus Fellows for the record.

on1y0ne
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM

So that is why you weren't annoying us at the Syracuse Pre-Release. You decided to go and annoy Eli at his store.... LOL

Good job on the top 8 finish

Wallace
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM

That name fits then, congrats on the Top 8.

T-ORGANIZER
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
What do people think of running the next one January 3rd? It will probably be a dual for duals, same format, same location obviously. More top 16 prizes and door prizes as usual. A simple yay or nay will suffice.

Maagler
09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
yay

Lando
09-29-2008, 10:21 AM
yay

Wallace
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
What do people think of running the next one January 3rd? It will probably be a dual for duals, same format, same location obviously. More top 16 prizes and door prizes as usual. A simple yay or nay will suffice.

Nay...already a Legacy event (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10921)that day...

Shriekmaw
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
If you can have the tournament on a different day, then I'll be glad to come back down for another great event.

I had a lot of fun at this past event, probably had something to do with a Top 8, but it would of been fun anyways.

I got to pick up some classic magic cards in addition to playing Legacy all day.

Look forward in seeing a lot of the same people at The Source tourney in a few weeks.

quicksilver
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Duel for duals? You mean the 100 dual lands for top 8? Which is a very heafty prize structure. Or a dual land draft, which is 40 duals for the top 8.

Sage
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
YAY,

Nice store, and pleasent people running the event. I would deffinitely like to see a monthly/every other month tournament here.

I didn't do so hot at this event (too many ties), but I did enjoy the tournament quite a bit. My deck deffinitly didn't fail me, as two of those ties were wins if I had like 2-3 more turns :rolleyes: I just need more practice with my deck and I should do fine.

I do think it's amazing that counterslivers is making T8 so often. I would also have to agree with Nightmare, EPIC Painter is deffinitely the real deal making T8 again. I am anticipating the meta breakdown. I played a different deck every round. I really like a healthy format :smile: My only gripe is that very few T8's are actually played out.

Shriekmaw
09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
YAY,

Nice store, and pleasent people running the event. I would deffinitely like to see a monthly/every other month tournament here.

I didn't do so hot at this event (too many ties), but I did enjoy the tournament quite a bit. My deck deffinitly didn't fail me, as two of those ties were wins if I had like 2-3 more turns :rolleyes: I just need more practice with my deck and I should do fine.

I do think it's amazing that counterslivers is making T8 so often. I would also have to agree with Nightmare, EPIC Painter is deffinitely the real deal making T8 again. I am anticipating the meta breakdown. I played a different deck every round. I really like a healthy format :smile: My only gripe is that very few T8's are actually played out.

Most of the Top 8's are actually played out. This was the first that I was in where it was better just spilting since your playing for cash instead of cards unlike most events.

The tournament had a lot of different decks which was nice to see. It was very hard to predict, thats why I just played the deck which I felt is the best in the format.

T-ORGANIZER
09-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Okay, We dont want to fight with altered for January 3rd so how about the 10th? Still all yay's? Anyone know of any other tournaments it might conflict with? Dual for Duals that I talked about earlier refers to the top 8 drafting out all 40 duals, with 9th through 16th prizes being comparable to our last events. Here are out results;

1st place Matt McNally
4 Polluted delta
4 flooded strand
4 underground sea
2 tropical island
3 island
1 swamp
1 academy ruins
4 painters savant
3 dark confidant
2 trinket mage
4 grindstone
4 force of will
4 thoughtseize
4 ponder
4 brainstorm
3 lim-dul's vault
3 sensei's top
3 counterbalance
1 tormod's crypt
1 engineered explosives
1 echoing truth

s.b.
4 tarmogoyf
2 tombstalker
2 krosan grip
3 blue elemental blast
1 tormod's crypt
1 engineered explosives
1 pithing needle
1 gaea's blessing

2nd place David Price
4 wooded foothills
4 windswept heath
4 taiga
4 bayou
5 forest
4 birds of paradise
4 thoughtseize
3 cabal therapy
4 survival
4 tarmogoyf
4 burning wish
1 tin-street hooligan
1 rofellos
4 eternal witness
1 big-game hunter
1 squee, goblin nabob
1 faerie macabre
1 wickerbough elder
1 anger
2 flametongue kavu
2 shriekmaw
1 genesis

s.b.
4 leyline of the void
4 krosan grip
1 yixlid jailer
1 spike feeder
1 pyroclasm
1 primal command
1 gleeful sabotage
1 chainers edict
1 cabal therapy

3rd place - Gus Fellows (Took his deck registration with him, he will have to self report it)

4th place Raymond Robillard
3 ponder
4 brainstorm
4 aether vial
4 force of will
4 daze
4 swords to plowshares
3 mutavault
2 underground sea
2 polluted delta
1 plains
1 island
3 tundra
2 tropical island
4 flooded strand
4 muscle sliver
4 sinew sliver
4 crystalline sliver
1 necrotic sliver
3 winged sliver
3 hibernation sliver

s.b.
2 hydroblast
2 blue elemental blast
2 harmonic sliver
4 planar void
3 stifle
2 krosan grip

5th place - Geoff Smelski

4 swords to plowshares
4 wrath of god
3 decree of justice
2 eternal dragon
4 vindicate
3 engineered explosives
4 brainstorm
4 standstill
2 fact or fiction
4 counterspell
4 force of will
3 tundra
2 underground sea
2 scrubland
2 island
1 plains
1 swamp
3 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
3 wasteland
3 mishra's factory

s.b.
4 engineered plague
3 runed halo
3 meddling mage
3 extirpate
2 ajani goldmane

6th place - Cory Szamier

4 brainstorm
4 force of will
3 daze
4 stifle
4 ponder
1 sower of temptation
1 rushing river
4 fire/ice
4 spellsnare
4 lightning bolt
4 nimble mongoose
4 tarmogoyf
4 wasteland
3 polluted delta
3 flooded strand
4 tropical island
4 volcanic island
1 island

s.b.
3 pyroclasm
3 krosan grip
2 tormod's crypt
2 jace belerdn
3 disrupt
2 ancient grudge

7th place - Nick Wowelko

4 Daze
4 stifle
4 counterspell
4 brainstorm
4 lightning bolt
4 nimble mongoose
4 spellsnare
4 force of will
4 ponder
4 tarmogoyf
1 wipe away
1 rushing river
4 tropical island
4 volcanic island
4 wasteland
2 flooded strand
2 wooded foothills
2 polluted delta

s.b.
2 pyroblast
2 pithing needle
2 red elemental blast
2 krosan grip
3 pyroclasm
4 tormod's crypt

8th place- Mark Quackenbush

4 wooded foothills
4 windswept heaths
4 bayou
3 savannah
2 taiga
3 forests
4 survival of the fittest
4 swords to plowshares
4 tarmogoyf
4 bird of paradise
3 dark confidant
3 cabal therapy
3 thoughtseize
2 sensei's divining top
1 squee, goblin nabob
1 masticore
1 harmonic sliver
1 darkheart sliver
1 genesis
1 anger
1 rofellos, llanowar emissary
1 quiron ranger
1 shriekmaw
1 biggame hunter
2 nimble mongoose
1 eternal witness

s.b.
3 krosan grip
3 extirpate
2 spike feeder
1 yixilid jailer
1 vexing shusher
2 gaddock teeg
3 engineered plague

Nightmare
09-29-2008, 02:39 PM
24 of a possible 32 Goyfs in the top 8. Only one deck running green opted not to run Goyf.

jrp
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Lots of Force of Will in that top 8 too...6 playsets out of a possible 8.

Mr Wiggl3s
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
FoW is not a win con

jrp
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
FoW is not a win con
True. I was simply pointing out that this was an extremely FoW-heavy top 8, completely devoid of non-FoW combo (TES, FT, etc) and other, non-survival, niche decks (Chalice aggro, Loam, Ichorid, Enchantress, GoyfSligh). It would be interesting to see a full metagame breakdown if anybody has the time to actually do one.

Zach Tartell
09-29-2008, 03:26 PM
It would be interesting to see a full metagame breakdown if anybody has the time to actually do one.

If you guys want me to do a metagame breakdown and type out lists (as I've done for Altered) feel free to PM me for my address - I seriously have zero life.

quicksilver
09-29-2008, 04:09 PM
24 of a possible 32 Goyfs in the top 8. Only one deck running green opted not to run Goyf.

Looks like the format is nothing except goyf and FOW decks.

Jaynel
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Looks like the format is nothing except goyf and FOW decks.

Cue the angry mob.

AnwarA101
09-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Would T-ORGANIZER perhaps send the lists to Zach Tartell? I would like to see the metagame breakdown as well.

Illissius
09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Cue the angry mob.

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/dk/74.jpg

That kid you all hate
09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I took my list because it was handed back to me. Here it is;
2 Delta
2 strand
2 foothills
3 trop
3 volcanic
2 sea
1 Island
1 Forest
4 ponder
4 brainstorm
4 nimble mongoose
4 lightning bolt
3 spell snare
4 tarmogoyf
4 bob
4 Fire//ice
4 magus of the moon
1 trygon
4 daze
4 FoW

Sideboard
4 thoughtseize
3 threads
1 trygon
3 grip
4 leyline

T-ORGANIZER
09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I sent him a PM for his address. Soon as I hear back I will mail him the decklists. Is january 10th a good day for our next one everybody?

Sage
10-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I was just currious, how is the meta breakdown coming along?

OffTheWall
10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Congrats on the finish Matt.

T-ORGANIZER
10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
All the info. is in tartell's hands, according to him it should be done soon. I decided on the second saturday in dec. for our next big tournament. It's already posted in the tournament announcements forum, lets make this next one even better than the last!

T-ORGANIZER
10-11-2008, 12:47 PM
After this tournament a translucent king piece from one of our expensive chess sets went missing. The chess set is worth over $100 and we can't sell it without the king, if anyone took it please return it. We won't get angry or care that you took it, its not worth anything on its own, but we would greatly appreciate it being returned and would even consider giving a reward.