PDA

View Full Version : [Important Report] Big Jobbing the Cuse (complete with pics)

Peter_Rotten
08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, my move is complete: Since Sunday, I am now officially living in my Mother-in-law's house in Marion, New York. Go ahead and Mapquest it; you'll get a response like "does not compute." My wife has a thousand things to do while I have substitute teacher applications to fill out, so I decide to kill time on a Tuesday by BIGJOBBING Cuse with Goyf-Sligh. They feared it.

http://www.thody.net/_Media/big_job_ford_large.jpeg

I ran a standard list with 3 Hearth Kami main. The SB included 3 Grips, 2 Spree, 4 Crypt, 4 Clasms, 2 Shushers, and the 4th Price of Progress.

Part One

I show up late enough to crush the hopes and dreams of the guy with the BYE. ROAR!

Round 1. ByeGuy running RG Survival.
I roll a 2 on the 20 sider and he rolls a 1! Nice
http://crashtheconventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/borat.jpg

Game 1 - He thought I was running BurningTog so kept a 1 land/BoP hand. My turn one Lavamang kills the Bird before it gets active and then later kills his Ranger. He was never in it for this game.
Game 2 - He keeps ANOHTHER one lander but quickly top decks the 2nd to start dropping Goyfs. After he gets Genny in play, Squee in the yard, and a presence in the combat zone, I scoop-it-up-buttercup.
Game 3 - We both get a pretty good start here but the combat zone finally quiets down with him having a Goyf and 1/1 Goose and me having a Goyf and a Fanatic. It was a bit of a standstill and I think I misplayed here. I should have attacked into that nonsense and let him mess-up combat. Anyway, he gets Survival twice - I Grip it twice allowing no activation. Eventually he gets Witness and casts Survival for a 3rd time. His next turn he goes nuts with Survival but is at 6 life and I have Fireblast in hand. I have 2 turns to top-deck ANY burn including Fanatic (I still have one on the board), KM, or a Rift Bolt which I could hard-cast. Alas, no luck. If I had attacked during the stalemate, he probably would have let Fanatic in for 1 dmg and that would have been the 1 dmg I needed to win that match.

0-1

Round 2 - Suicide Black guy.
Game 1 - I smote a Shade and swing for beats and burns
Game 2 - He plays lots of lands while I fry his grill.
http://fats-oil-grease-software.com/picts/deep-fryer-lg.jpg

1-1

Round 3 - Another Suicide Black guy but with Goyf splash.
We exchange stories about Lego Army Man and then get to playing. I contemplate humping his sexy playmat, but decided that that may be a breach of etiquette.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/2249105444_be29ba2147_o.jpg
Game 1 - I don't remember a damn thing but Goyf Sligh seems to have agood match against Sui, no?
Game 2 - See above. His Tombstalker is like 100 turns too late. I win.

2-1

Round 4 - FEATURE MATCH - Nightmare playing ITH!

Game 1 - It goes back and forth a bit. I sneak an early Fireblast in since I think it will resolve and I have lands to spare. A few turns later, I use another to finish him.
Game 2 - I can't remember if he won this one and we played a 3rd, or I just won this one. I think I grip a Top and maybe a Counterbalance. To spare his frail ego, let's say he won this one.
Game 3 - I have a pretty interesting hand - heavy critters and no burn. I keep it and start laying beats. Fanatics, KM, Shusher, and then a Jet to Scry up a Hearth Kami and Goyf. I'm starting to think that Goyf is a liability in this match since he has Shackles in play. :frown: I put the Kami on top. He eventually scoops to my army.

3-1

Finals! Roar! Huh? My tie-breakers suck? No top four for me? ANGRY RAMPAGE ensues and I leap over a table, lose my shoe, punch the toughest guy in the room, knock over racks of comics, and make the one little girl in the room cry. (All in my head).

http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/quinton%20jackson.jpg

I then trade for 2 Figures of Destiny.

Part 2 - In Between Rounds Big Jobs (http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-1959/1953-Ford-F-8-Big-Job.htm)

Beating One - I know of Cuse's fear of the awesome-sauce that is DreadStill. I have a proxy one built and boldy challenge the city of North Syrcuse. No one has the ballz to answer. Di cringes and hides under Nightmare's wing. They both slink away to sulk and cower in the coner under the guise of playing EDH. Finally, Bryant steps up - knowing full well that he is in for a beating. I counter his beginning acceleration, Waste his lands, and beat with - um - beatings. My Spell Snares (which look like Force Spikes) counter his BWishes. My Phrexian Furnace- um Dreadnoughts walk hard. I'm feeling sorry for him, so I let him win the 3rd game. The fourth game is interrupted by one of my Suicide matchs, but I clearly had that game in hand. Nightmare and Di comment on the amazing interactions between Stifle and Dreadz.

Beating Two - After Round 4, I figure it's about time to teach Nightmare about BigDreadz. Fearing the deck, he protests, but I eventually cajole him into the losing proposition. The game goes back and forth and an early EE set for 1 prevents me from casting Dreadz. My Top keeps me in the game for quite some time but I know that his recursion will be the death of me. However, in an unprecedented move of pussy-dom, he scoops up his cards, cries that he, "just can't take the pressure," and goes home to wash his panties.

http://www.gonomad.com/gallery/sas/images/sas-panties.jpg

This is all true.

http://pics.ww.com/d/17956-1/pinocheo.gif

Nightmare
08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I like the part where you pretend you beat me with Dreadstill, and did not, in fact, get beat by Etched Fucking Oracle. That deck sucks. Much like your new hometown.

Nice seeing you, though. One and a half hours isn't that bad - we expect to see you back on occasion. Looking forward to pwning noooooober scoooobers on Saturday.

Nihil Credo
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your message contained a veritable wellspring of information regarding the size of the Job which you presented, and we are thankful for it. Unfortunately, it seems there was a miscommunication which caused your secretary, Ms. Ringledingles, to accidentally omit the necessary data regarding the measure of Penis. As you can certainly imagine, this simple, one-figure number is a most vital reference point for our business intercourse.

For the time being we shall follow the standard procedure and extrapolate Penis size according to the ISO 7350 table 13.5, labeled "Inverse Genital/Vehicular Magnitude Relationship". Based on prior experience, we have good reason to expect that the resulting product will sufficiently approximate your exact needs; should that not be the case, we apologize for the inconvenience and decline responsibility to any harm and/or loss of offspring that may occur.

Sincerely,

Whiskers, Friskers & Co.

Bryant Cook
08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Ahaha, too much free time.

Getsickanddie
08-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I miss one Tuesday.......

Kadishack
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
I miss one Tuesday.......

Seriously. I feel the same way. Unbelievable

frogboy
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
A+.

If I had attacked during the stalemate, he probably would have let Fanatic in for 1 dmg and that would have been the 1 dmg I needed to win that match.

He'd probably block so that you couldn't have Fanatic to fuck him up if your Goyfs got into a fight.

Afro
08-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I then trade for 2 Figures of Destiny.

I laughed the hardest at this line. PM me the trade!

Ebinsugewa
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
P_R is actually funny. Who knew.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
P_R is actually funny. Who knew.

You know, sometimes I really don't hate P_R that much.

Di
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I know of Cuse's fear of the awesome-sauce that is DreadStill. I have a proxy one built and boldy challenge the city of North Syrcuse. No one has the ballz to answer. Di cringes and hides under Nightmare's wing. They both slink away to sulk and cower in the coner under the guise of playing EDH.

For some reason, this made me laugh very hard.

deviant
08-24-2008, 04:08 PM
This whole report made me laugh multiple times, and I don't even know any of you.

Raider Bob
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I know all of them and it is still pretty funny. The most unrealistic part of the article was Peter_Rotten playing magical cards however and not comming up with some lame diarea excuse.