PDA

View Full Version : [Report] Ichorid at Knight Ware (1st Place!)

Dark_Shakuras
08-31-2008, 11:25 PM
First off it was small. 9 Players. But a tourny with no entry fee, is a tourny, so here it goes.

4 x Ichorid
4 x Bridge
4 x PImp
4 x Cabal Therapy
4 x Troll
4 x Stimky Imp
4 x Thug
4 x Breakthrough
4 x LED
4 x Narc's
3 x Dread Return
3 x Deep Anaylasis
1 x FKZ
1 x Cephalid Sage
4 x Gemstone Mine
4 x City of Brass
4 x Cephalid Coliseum

SB:
4 x Leyline
4 x Pithing Needle
4 x Chain of Vapor
2 x Ray of Revelation (wish it were 1)
1 x Ancient Grudge (wish it were 2)

Round 1: Kevin - Solidarity
Game 1: We play for a bit. I try to Cabal Therapy him to crush his combo. He combo's. I take my graveyard, put it into play, and use my attack phase to win. (He realizes this is not a good match up for him)

SB: Nothing

Game 2: He combos me out on his turn this time. Sad me.

Game 3: I go off, he forces some things. The game state is: He can combo next turn, or after my attack phase. I have 7 Zombies in play, 4 Bridge in grave, and a FKZ. He is still at 20. Ten cards left in my library. I have no narc's left in lib, and no way to dredge. He says I got it, i "confirm" and he scoops it up. He thought Bridge made tokens for tokens. I win!?

2-1
2-1

Round 2: Craig - Affinity
Game 1: Turn 1 Imp. He play something. Turn 2, LED, breakthrough, go crazy.

Game 2: He lays something. I go Imp. He goes ravager, I go semi broken. I play it safe to keep the bridges, and just get a 15/15 troll, and 10 2/2's. He plays Jailer. 15/15 + 10x 2/2's >>> Jailer + Ravager. GG

2-0
4-1

Round 3: ??? (Sorry) - Elves.
Game 1: He tells me he has a turn 3 combo. I have turn 1.

Game 2: He drops Wheel, and i didn't board in anything. :'(

Game 3: He drops Wheel. I draw cards. At 4 mana, I chain Wheel, and combo off.

2-1
6-2

Round 4: Mike - Stax
Game 1: He has 2 mana. I have FKZ.

Game 2: He locks me with Prison, 3sphere, and Chalice.

Game 3: Get FKZ crazyness again. GG

2-1
8-3

I win 2 boosters and an Earwig Squad. :'(

Sorry for the crappy report. I didn't take notes thinking I would scrub out again. I guess in the future I should stop takeing notes, maybe thats what loses me games... *ponders*

Props:
FKZ for owning face
Ichorid for being amazing
Good Players
Friendly players
Entry Fee

Slops:
3/9 decks were Dredge
Prize Support
Team Mates doing bad
Team Mate forgetting his deck at home, and having to play his second choice. ;-P

xsockmonkeyx
08-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Congrats man. The fortune cookie wasnt entirely incorrect I guess.

DeathwingZERO
09-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Could you elaborate on the list? From what I've gained in the Ichorid DTB forum as well as Parcher's recent innovations, there's no real "standard" to Legacy Ichorid. Would just like to see what's there, I'm sure others would too.

J.V.
09-01-2008, 08:39 AM
...But a tourny with no entry fee, is a tourny, so here it goes.
Slops:

Prize Support

Hmm, seems like decent prize support to me. Anyways, congrats :smile: Did you run Unmask or Careful Study?

Skeggi
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Game 3: I go off, he forces some things. The game state is: He can combo next turn, or after my attack phase. I have 7 Zombies in play, 4 Bridge in grave, and a FKZ. He is still at 20. Ten cards left in my library. I have no narc's left in lib, and no way to dredge. He says I got it, i "confirm" and he scoops it up. He thought Bridge made tokens for tokens. I win!?

Props:
Good players

Yeah, I guess I also call players who would win against me, but then suddenly scoop "Good players". Unfortunately my meta is full of bad players :cry:

WiLdFiRe
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
EDIT: Ignore me

Dark_Shakuras
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
The list. Updated OP to show it.

4 x Ichorid
4 x Bridge
4 x PImp
4 x Cabal Therapy
4 x Troll
4 x Stimky Imp
4 x Thug
4 x Breakthrough
4 x LED
4 x Narc's
3 x Dread Return
3 x Deep Anaylasis
1 x FKZ
1 x Cephalid Sage
4 x Gemstone Mine
4 x City of Brass
4 x Cephalid Coliseum

SB:
4 x Leyline
4 x Pithing Needle
4 x Chain of Vapor
2 x Ray of Revelation (wish it were 1)
1 x Ancient Grudge (wish it were 2)

xsockmonkeyx
09-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Hmm, seems like decent prize support to me. Anyways, congrats :smile: Did you run Unmask or Careful Study?

The cost of entry is gasoline. The prizes suck when you realize you just won like, a Street Wraith.

Also, I told you theres no such thing as standard list. Type it out so I dont have to ask you for it, yeah?

EDIT: beat me to it. NM. Also you can put forgetting your decks under slops. God Im an idiot.

Dark_Shakuras
09-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Nether.

Yeah i guess for zero entry fee the prize support was bomb. I would rather have put 5 bucks in though and actually gotten something. (hell, if i had opened a goyf in my boosters, i would not be complaining about the prize support. ;-P)

EDIT:

The cost of entry is gasoline. The prizes suck when you realize you just won like, a Street Wraith.

Also, I told you theres no such thing as standard list. Type it out so I dont have to ask you for it, yeah?

EDIT: beat me to it. NM

Ninjaed!

m03
09-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Nether.

Yeah i guess for zero entry fee the prize support was bomb. I would rather have put 5 bucks in though and actually gotten something. (hell, if i had opened a goyf in my boosters, i would not be complaining about the prize support. ;-P)

Mention it to them next time. Entry fee + actual prizes was discussed last week, but considering that only 5 people showed up that day, they decided that they'd wait until attendance improved before bringing it up again.

There's another Legacy tournament there this Friday, as well as Sunday. If three people show up with Ichorid again, you can bet that I'll find a way to sneak 8x Leyline, 7x Crypt into my sideboard.

Dark_Shakuras
09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Well if I show, then I'll make sure to play a deck that doesn't use the yard. Maybe something crazy like EvaGreen...

kicks_422
09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
The list.

That's almost exactly what I would run if I were to drop Unmasks from the LED build, with Angel of Despair over Sage and 3 Wispmares in the board over the Rays and Grudge.

Unmask hasn't been performing as great as I would expect. The only thing I really want to grab with it is Extirpate.