PDA

View Full Version : U/R Guitu deck

Oneah
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I know might look like i do to many decks but the fact is that at this moment i'm trying to improve my deck building, i know this isin't something you just learn making.. you need to have the cards to beat other decks.
I know this isin't any ultra competative deck but i think it might work if gets some upgrade.
Sometimes i start decks and i think i might do something but end up putting a pile of cards which i really wanna play but then again there too many and its really hard to choose and you wish some cards were cheaper or more effective.. I hope to hear some tips on this matter since its wear i have most difficulty when making a deck.

Anyway, here is my latest deck:

// Lands
2 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
5 [TSP] Island (3)
2 [GP] Izzet Boilerworks
4 [9E] Shivan Reef
1 [CHK] Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
4 [B] Volcanic Island

// Creatures
2 [RAV] Grozoth
3 [GP] Izzet Chronarch
4 [FUT] Jhoira of the Ghitu
1 [GP] Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
3 [AP] Razorfin Hunter

// Spells
3 [WL] Ancestral Knowledge
3 [MM] Brainstorm
3 [TSB] Browbeat
3 [ST] Cinder Storm
4 [MM] Counterspell
4 [DIS] Odds/Ends
3 [ON] Searing Flesh
4 [PY] Searing Wind
2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top

Ok, this deck is basicly suppose to rain heavly fire power in a few blows to the target enemy, its a bit risky because it doesent go very far from that but atleast i think its pretty good at doing what its mainly suppose to do.

To have a idea i can land on 4th turn a maximun of 20 dmg spell power on suspend for 4 turn, and each turn more suspend is beeing made. The good part of it its that the card cant be countered while its removed by special deck card called Jhoira of the Guitu which is really great.

On to the details:

Grozoth: This creature is a 9/9 defender which has the ability to become a no defender for 4 incolor mana and when it comes into play, it has this neat ability which is it can fetch me any number of 9 converted mana cost spells from the deck to my hand, and guess what i'll be fetching.

Izzet Chronarch: Although a bit expencive his mana cost can still be countered by Guitu and the good part is how his ability works so well with the deck, allowing me to get some spells back to my hand.

Odds/Ends: This card can work two ways, counter a enemy spell or gain control of it, or i can try my luck and roll it on one of my heavy damage spells and if lucky i can double its effects.

Searing Wind, Searing Flesh and Cinder Storm were the card choices i made for the heavy damage, there might be better stuff out there but for the moment i think this are the damage cards.

Razorfin Hunter is always a nice starting creature to kill any bop's or Llanowars at the start of the game.

Ancestral Knowledge is a great card! This card works really well with Brainstorm and Sensei, because it always allow deck shuffles which never hurt and ofc must be played with a instant draw card on your hand.

The rest of the cards mostly known so i'll does details :P

Please give it a try and if you know any card that might work out in here post a comment :)

Thanks

GenioDeArena
09-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Just a couple of things.
4 efective counterspells seem a bit vague, play 8-10 daze and or mana leak are preety budget and decent.
brainstorms are a 4 of, add terramorphic expanse to the mix if you feel that shuffle is needed.
Maybe accumulated knowledge?