PDA

View Full Version : [Dumb deck] In soviet Russia deck's build you

kilukru
09-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Ok, first off, this isnnt a good deck and it will never be, but me and my friend use to have an annual dumb deck war and since we restarted playing magic recently we decided to bring back this mini tournament.

So I need your help, im short a win con that fit in my deck :

// Lands
4 [B] Underground Sea
4 [B] Scrubland
4 [U] Taiga
3 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [ON] Flooded Strand
4 [SHM] Swamp (2)

// Creatures
4 [PS] Meddling Mage

// Spells
4 [FNM] Lobotomy
4 [CHK] Cranial Extraction
4 [PLC] Extirpate
4 [BOK] Eradicate
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
4 [IA] Swords to Plowshares
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
3 [FD] Engineered Explosives

As you can see the goal of the deck is to survive until i hit 4 mana and then start to cranial/lobo/eradicate/extirpate my opponent face. I would like to find another critter that fit in the deck mold (so far only found MM)

Thanks for your help

freakish777
09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Voidstone Gargoyle

Isochron Scepter (imprinting Extirpate/Counterspell)....

TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Urza's/Mishra's Bauble and Cabal Therapy seem like they'd be good here. Also, Chalice seems to kick your own ass.

fallenphoenix
09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Shimian Specter is Lobotomy with wings.
It does not beat face as well as other creatures do, but swinging 2 or even 3 times can really be a pain in the ass.

Combine Remand/bouncespells with it and things get nasty.
In other news, remanding a spell and following up with Meddling Mage also rocks!

Slow, ineffective but funny and potentially powerful, i guess that's what you're actually demanding.

If you just want to beat face once your opponent is all down, try Tombstalker, Meloku, Morphling...

I'd also try to add at least 5+ signets to the deck, to get things going before turn 4. Adding another land and some card-drawing (you know, like... Brainstorm!) doesn't seem so wrong either.

Also, chalice doesn't seem too great, since you can only play it @2 or 3 (4/6 mana, way too slow) without shutting your own deck down.

4 [u] Taiga

I suppose you switch that to Tundra, unless you got some extraordinairy SB-Tech ;)

TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Of course, ultimately, the question is; wouldn't it be better to just run 57 cards that directly control the game as efficiently as possible, and 2-3 Haunting Echoes?

kilukru
09-10-2008, 06:16 PM
hehe yeah it's supposed to be tundra in here my bad...

Now that i re-look my list your right, CoTV is pretty bad for me, so I was thinking

-4 CoTV

+2 Haunting Echoes
+2 Shimian Specter
+3 remand (actully sound like fun in here)

I was also considering disenchant, because trust me, there should be a lot of weird enchantment/artefact, but ill keep that for the sideboard.

I would like to add some mana accel. and draw in there, but I would have to cut cards from my tech, and in this situation, that's just wrong!

So first SB draft (im thinking about doing a semi transformation SB to a scepter pain in the *** plan):

4 Isochrome Scepter
4 disenchant
4 bounce
3 Counterspell

Thanks for the imput

n00bas4urus_r3x
09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd suggest Orim's Chant possibly. You could lock for a few turns while ramping up mana and keeping threats off the table. It's pretty solid when paired with Remand and especially if you have Scepters coming out of the board, and you could Chant to get off a Haunting Echoes or another business spell.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't think adding Haunting Echoes is a good idea when every other card is mostly anti-synergistic with it by already RFG'ing the cards. The question, really, is whether to run a bunch of less effective forms of control that cumulatively provide an Echoes effect, or to simply run a lot of efficient removal/counters and maybe a Glimpse the Unthinkable or Grindstone or something, with Haunting Echoes to seal the deal.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

jericohs@cottage
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Um... my friend Pat had a casual deck that had the same mindset as the deck your presently fiddling with...

He played it a bit differently after testing a list much like this one. After trying to replicate the effect of milling your opponent straight out of his win condition (lobotomy, cranial extraction effect), he found that the best method was using the following:

4 x Jester's Scepter
4 x copy artifact
4 x enlightened tutor (get's either Jester's or Copy Artifact)
4 x sculpting steel
+ 4 x lobotomy and 4 x cranial extraction if you wish.

Just a thought....what do you think?