PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, Al. Area Legacy Event Poll

CSGS
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Not talking shit here. I’m just seeing if it's worth having a Legacy Tournament for the Birmingham Area. How many of you are interested in a 3 day Legacy Event with 2 Flights on a Friday and Saturday afternoon? top 8 from each go to a Sunday final event. These 16 top players will battle for:

1st - Play set of Revised Duals

2nd - one of the mox's (can't remember which one I have)

3rd - 2 DCI Judge Foils (1 cunning wish / 1 Meddling Mage )

If you are interested, give me an idea on what an entry fee per player. If you’re thinking zero then don't bother posting because you’re not serious. If I'm going to put up a $1000 worth of stuff, I'll sell it on eBay before I give it away. These are from my personal collection.

My thought would be $30-$40 for an average of 30-40 players.

Just putting it out there for your guys. I'll run it 1st part of November if there enough responses

Thanks CSGS
c1arcardshop@yahoo.com

Land
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm in, give me the time and place.
IMHO entry fee should be set to roughly 30 players expected across 3 days, that's 90 fees total, making it roughly $11 per tournament per person. Round it up to $15 and give the top 4 placers free entry to final Sunday event. Maybe run some Standard side events to get more players to show. I would personally love to see a 10-proxy Vintage event at least once, even if it was a $0 entry just for shits and giggles.
FYI, Oneonta might be a bit out of the way, something more central to Birmingham would be nice. The place PlayOn Con was at seemed a decent location.
BTW, the moxen you are putting up do matter, people aren't going to think as highly of a Ruby as they would a Sapphire.
Just give me a heads up and I'll make the calls for some more people.

XSivPSI
09-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I'd be in for a 1 day event (preferably sunday) if you decide to do something a little smaller since I'd have to drive 2 hours each way.