PDA

View Full Version : Grim Tutors/Mana Drains Big Type 1 In Binghamton, NY November 8th!!!

T-ORGANIZER
10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Time : Saturday, November 8th, 2008
Doors open at 9am
Registration starts at 10am
Tournament starts at 11am

Where : Jupiter Games
3701 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal, NY 13850
In the Campus Plaza

-1 Hour south of Syracuse, 2.5 Hours from Rochester, 4.5 Hours from North Va., and 2.5 Hours from Ct.

Format : Type 1– Non-Sanctioned
Proxie Rule : 10 free proxies, up to 5 additional proxies for 1$ each
Cost : $25
Judges : Head – Eli Kassis Floor – Carl Winter & Ryan Green

Prizes : 1st place – English Mana Drain or English Grim Tutor + 1/2 a box of any set in stock!!!
2nd place - English Mana Drain or English Grim Tutor
3rd-4th place - Italian Mana Drain
5th-8th place - 1/2 a box of any set in stock (excluding starter 99')
9th-16th place – Entrance into the free single elimination Shards booster draft for a Mana Drain!!

Side Event:
- Shards of Alara Booster Draft
Cost : 13$
Prize : 1st - English Mana Drain
2nd - 1/3 a box of any set in stock (excluding starter 99')

All Prizes Are Guaranteed Regardless Of Attendance.(40+people= extra prizes for the top 8!)

Multiples of all prizes are in stock and winner may choose best condition available, starting with the highest place.

Random Bonuses :
- There’s a Chinese buffet, Wendy’s, and an Apple Bee’s in the same plaza within walking distance.
- The store is directly across the street from Binghamton University.
- We have practically every card in stock with better prices than any other dealer!
- We are always buying and we buy everything (including our own prize support)!

Door Prizes :
To be determined based on attendance, but rest assured they will be awesome. In this past this has included; Portal 3 Kingdoms product, Vault of the Dragons Boxes, fetch lands, force's, resets, mana crypts, and duals!

Help make this type 1 tournament successful and I promise many more in the future with much bigger prize support (Including eventually a power 9 tournament!)

We are always taking any donations people would like to donate to the prize pool to make the tournaments more exciting.

T-ORGANIZER
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
-If anyone has any questions I will check the boards daily.

-If anyone has any suggestions please let me know with a PM.

-Also if anyone wants to donate to the prize pool the store will match donations up to a point. (ex. donate a polluted delta, store will also donate a polluted delta)

Nemcon
10-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Gah what the hell is with all the events near me coinciding with bowling tournaments.

T-ORGANIZER
10-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Gah what the hell is with all the events near me coinciding with bowling tournaments.

Uhm.... Sorry?

T-ORGANIZER
10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Just wanted to mention that our next big 1.5 tournament is on Dec. 13th and that it is also posted in the main forum.

rocketrae21
10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Are you expecting people to show up?
I don't want to drive the hour and have no one there.

You should also post on The Mana Drain too to get more support

T-ORGANIZER
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Are you expecting people to show up?
I don't want to drive the hour and have no one there.

You should also post on The Mana Drain too to get more support

I definitely expect people to show up and regardless the prize support is guaranteed. I have actually never been on the mana drain I will try and check it out and see if I can post our tournaments on there, if you have any tips of how to best do that please let me know.

T-ORGANIZER
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
wow, I am an idiot and used the wrong email address while trying to create an account on themanadrain's site, now I can't log in. I tried creating another account, but it won't let me. If anyone would be willing to post this tournament on there for us I would greatly appreciate it, also our tournament on the 13th of December if they don't mind. If someone does please let me know, might be a reward in it.

rocketrae21
10-30-2008, 03:18 AM
I tried to post your events on The Mana Drain, but I am not a full member and cannot figure out how to achieve that goal. Sorry

BigDCool
10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
I put up the ads on Themanadrain but as I do not have TO or Full access I had to put them in the Reports forum and ask a moderator to move it. Hopfully they will.

T-ORGANIZER
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I appreciate you guys trying to help me out. I am trying to contact a moderator to get the help as well. I did get an account created, but yeah I can't figure out how to post it yet either. Hopefully its only a matter of time before a moderator contacts me back.

T-ORGANIZER
11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Hope to see you all here tomorrow, all proxies are acceptable as long as their thickness can not be differentiated from any other card and what the card is is clear to the opponents.

That kid you all hate
11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
how'd this go?

T-ORGANIZER
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
We had 8 people, essentially it flopped, but the 8 of us did have a great time and everyone made top 8! We still gave out the entire prize pool so the ones that did show made out pretty well.

That kid you all hate
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
We had 8 people, essentially it flopped, but the 8 of us did have a great time and everyone made top 8! We still gave out the entire prize pool so the ones that did show made out pretty well.

I knew that I should've gone.:mad: