1_Ancient hydra
3_Oakgnarl warrior (poor manīs Akroma)

control 12 (38)
3_Earthquake
4_Stone rain
3_Creeping mold
2_Gaeas blessing

The land package 22 (60 cards MD)
3_Terramorphic expanse (in my testing four seemed to much, may change in this deck anyways)
4_forgotten cave
1_mountain
14_forest (because we need them basic)

Deck explanation and card choices:

Originally, I wanted to post this on the Long Beach Stompy, but that one is allready going on, and i didnt wanted to burst into another persons thread and hyjack it.
The basic idea is to mana accelerate and cast bombs. I tryed to do this the most affordable way without stretching into pauper format. just because there are some great card choices that arent common sucks and some commons are expensive...
Orcish Lumberjack enables a 2nd turn Hydra/pede to kill weenies or race contrll respectively. Or if you are not pressed a STE+Yavimaya elder/gift of the gargantuan combination. Timder wall enables a 2nd turn Blastoderm.
With all the mana acceleration Ive managed to cast a 3rd turn Oakgnarl warrior.
Im wont play any equip cause 6 of my critters have shroud.
Im not convinced on the 2/2 split between Yavimaya elder and Gift of the gargantuan. The single Tusker goes for uncounterable CA early game or a overcosted 6/5 lategame. Versatility is the key, may end upping the count up to 3 of.
Everything else is pretty much auto pilot. Drop some fatties and force the opp to overextend to make the most out of quakes. The land kill suite is ussualy just to gain some time (color screw is my best friend) or directly punish a land tight hand. Ive started with the idea of playing Creeping mold as a Counterbalance proof general answer, and the Stone rains just came in to enhance that, but they are untested, and might even result in unnecesary. Though decks are very land tight, so who knows. Im not 100% convinced on either keeping or removing them.
Gaeas blessing is for a long game recursion, and thanks to all the land thinning the threats will appear more aoften than not.
Wastelands and ports are obvious additions, but unfortunately unavailable for me right now.
The land configuration goes like this: Just one red source is necessary, the single mountain can be fetched by 9 cards, or topdecked by two. The rest goes for cycling cause excess red sucks. A lot of basic forest mean fuel for the Lumberjacks.

I have no idea about the matchups but combo is a lost cause in exchange of battling aggro and even control thanks to shroud and recursion.

I have no sideboard yet. Maybe sending Stone rain and Creeping mold there for freeing 7 MD?

Card considerations:
Mirris guile are a must as soon as I get my hands on some
thoughts, ideas, I want to improve this, really.

Thanks in advance

Hoojo
10-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Why no Plow Under?

GenioDeArena
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Plow under is allways an option, but I fear Im low on critters so far... Is there a creature with a Fallow Earth attached CIP?