PDA

View Full Version : [Report] Faerie Stompy takes 2nd at 6th Salvation Legacy

Eldariel
10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Before you ask, yes, I'm writing this for an online tournament. For some reason, they don't populate this particular forum and are generally buried in appropriate deck threads, but this one was plain cool enough to write about (mostly the Top 8).

My deck should be a surprise to approximately nobody, although the fact that this started during the Source-tournament meant I didn't have time to alter my build. So I played Faerie Stompy as follows:

// Lands
4 [EX] City of Traitors
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
9 [UNH] Island

// Creatures
1 [SC] Shoreline Ranger
4 [AN] Serendib Efreet
4 [FD] Trinket Mage
4 [P2] Sea Drake
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
3 [LRW] Pestermite

// Spells
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice
3 [DS] Sword of Light and Shadow
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
1 [SOK] Pithing Needle

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [US] Back to Basics
SB: 2 [MM] Misdirection
SB: 3 Umezawa's Jitte
SB: 1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
SB: 3 [A] Blue Elemental Blast

I really want to try Glen Elendra Archmage out since it gives us additional tools against combo and control, archetypes the deck has relatively little to side in for. Misdirections are quite poor nowadays since the aggressive black decks seem to have lost their popularity since the printing of Tarmogoyf (Eva Green isn't putting up numbers for some reason) and aggressive red decks are plenty good without them.

Blue Elemental Blasts are there for decks that pretty much lose to Chalice (Burn - if I don't draw Chalice, BEB helps out), decks against which I want Chalice at 2 (Aggro Loam, for example) and on the draw against Goblins as an additional out to turn 1 Lackey.

Anyways, as we got started there were 53 registrants which meant 6 rounds of Swiss and cut into Top 8. Anyways, on to the adventure! Or tournament or whatever...

[b]Round 1 - Daze playing Mono-Black Control

Game 1: I punt the roll and he lays a swamp with no plays. Curious, but I put him on Sui Black-variant for the time being. After he passes turn 2 with a mere Swamp-go though, I figure there's something else behind this. I put him on black-based control and play out equipment. I figure he'll mostly have removal at 2CC and drop Chalice at 2 before playing creatures. He drops Korlash off Cabal Coffers and while I have the Sower in hand, I figure he may have another one and let him Grandeur instead of dealing with another one. So I fill my hand with a Mulldrifter and take Korlash to 9 after he complies by Grandeuring.

He Beseeches the Queen for Staff of Domination, which I promptly Trinket>Needle. I bash his face in with SoFI'd Mulldrifter and he Beseech>Evoke Shriekmaws my Trinket to hit me down to 4. I drop a second SoFI and knock him down to 5. Then I finally Sower-kill the Korlash (since I don't have any Swamps), dropping myself to 2 with Tomb in the process (since he didn't Beseech for Consume Spirit, I assume he simply doesn't run it). He double Innocent Bloods my board, but since my hand is stocked, it's simple enough to drop a few more threats (including more Mulldrifters) to draw out his removal. Finally, Sea Drake gets there three turns later.

I have no recollection as to how I sided although I believe I took out a Pester or two, some Chalices and maybe SoFI for Back to Basics, Misdirection and second Needle.

Game 2: I open up with the mighty "Mull to 6" and he opens up with a Hymn on turn 2. Since I have only so many lands in hand, I opt not to risk it and Force pitching Force. I manage a turn 2 Serendib Efreet. He has Urborg/Coffers and threatens to go nuts really soon. I attack, he Smothers and I Mulldrifter for some cards. He Beseeches for second Cabal Coffers and I'm not happy. I swing with Mulldrifter and since it's clear I'm not gonna win without a small miracle, I try his rules-savviness by Trinket > Needling Cabal Coffers. Unfortunately, he knows it actually does nothing (turns out he actually does it for LED every now and then...) and proceeds to drop Oona, which I promptly Sower. He Damnations and I drop a Drake, he Beseeches and drops another Oona, which I again Sower. However, he hardcasts Shriekmaw and I'm simply buried under the mana advantage.

Game 3: I open up with the mighty Mull again and keep my 6. He's fine with his 7 and I Drake 'er up turn 1. He Hymns City and B2B and I take him down to 12. Evoked Mulldrifter follows and undoes the hard work his Hymn did (I'm stuck on mana though). He Smothers Drake and I respond with SoFI. He Korlashes while I drop a hard Mull. He again Grandeurs and fishes up some more Swamps. He once again has Coffers and Urborg, and Korlash hits me for 7. My SoFId Mull halves his lifetotal, while Sower turns his Korlash traitorous. He Damnations, which I Force and he drops Oona. I SoLS my Drifter and swing through FTW.

After some chatter about our respective siding and builds, and good luck wishes we're off.

Match: 2-1
Total: 1-0 (2-1)

Round 2 - Marit with Rats!!!

Game 1: I mull to 5 while he keeps 7. Seemed bad. He wins the roll, cycles 3 (!!) Street Wraiths and drops a Swarmyard for his land, which elicts "WTF?!" from me. I play Island-go for two turns, he tries Aether Vial which I obviously Force. He plays Umezawa's Jitte and we continue draw-go (he has a Swamp which makes me believe I'm in a black-only tournament). He reaches 7 cards first and discard Cabal Therapy. I draw my land and promptly drop Serendib. He finds Ravenous Rats and I discard my Sower which I'll never get to cast. Serendib swings in, Sea Drake comes down, Shriekmaw gets Forced, he drops to 4, second Serendib joins the party, he Shrieks my Drake and succumbs to Efreet beats.

I side out stuff for Jittes in my side, and probably for Needle and EE to deal with Vials and his Jittes. I'd imagine I sided out some number of Chalices and possibly SoFI or SoLS - my memories aren't that accurate.

Game 2: He Therapies a Drake outta my hand revealing Force, Island, Shoreline, Tomb, Sower and Drifter. He drops a Skullsnatcher to which I respond with "Uhh, what?" After he confirms that he's indeed playing Rat Ninjas, he flashbacks Therapy and I Force pitching Shoreline (since I want to retain my Mulldrifters, thank you very many - I drew another one). Next turn I Evoke the first Drifter, while he again tries a Vial and I again Force pitching Sower. My first Drifter found a Tomb so I hardcast the second one. He remarks my Force Aptitude and thanks whatever gods he worship about not bringing SI this time. Mulldrifter gets Jitte'd up, I Pester his lands to stall him for a turn, swing him to 14 with 4 Jitte-counters, drop Efreet while he Shrieks and I swing him to 4 spending the Jitte-counters (in case he has a Jitte of his own). I drop a second Efreet and he reveals a handful of gas (including BALTHOR THE DEFILED! IN AMERICA...er, LEGACY!) without the mana to make good of it, and attackers to Ninjutsu in the Throat Slitter.

We chitchat about times long past including the time I lost to him playing SI 0-2 with FS ('cause I only had one Chalice main and despite mulligans and siding never saw a Chalice, a Trinket or a Force in the two games), and realize that we've expended our bad luck here. After that, on to the adventure!

Match: 2-0
Total: 2-0 (4-1)

Round 3 - Cabal-chan with Merfolk

Game 1: This was a pair-down I recall. I lose the roll. Yea, I suck at d20s. I mull and he drops a Tundra, saying "he's praying", which is good for me 'cause in games involving me, people don't have luck. I turn 1 Trinket into Chalice ('cause Tundra + Cabal-chan = UW Merfolk - elementary math). He drops a Mutavault and a smiley, and I know my aura of no luck has defeated him. I attempt a Chalice at 2 (since that's what Merfolks are all at) and he obviously Forces. He swings at me with Mutavault while I Sea Drake into evoked Mulldrifter. Expectedly the Drake eats StP and he activates the Vault off Wasteland again. Trinket Mage + StP put me ahead in the liferace 14-13 and me playing dudes kinda puts me ahead him not playing dudes. I drop a Serendib while keeping on the Trinket beats. He cannot swing back with Muta and I'm decidedly ahead. I swing him down to 8 and Trinket again, with the CiPT Stifled. I trade Trinket with Muta, while he beats with the other one and combined with Tomb pain I'm at 9. He drops to 3 and upkeep Pester on his mana seals it. I reveal the Sower and Drifter in my hand.

Siding again doesn't come back to me (this was over a month ago), although I'd imagine I just side Jittes for SoLSes here. I may have brought in Back to Basics too, I'm not sure (since he's very non-basic heavy). Anyways, I don't keep SoLS in since he has so many guys I don't want sticking around that I want to focus on cards that can actually kill his guys immediately.

Game 2: I ask about his Back to Basics and turns out he doesn't play it in that build - what a surprise! He opens with Muta/Waste while I open with Tomb/Island into Efreet on which we trade Forces. He drops Reejerey while I Trinket > Needle his annoying Muta. He drops a second Reejerey and taps my Trinket, beating for 3. Between Tomb, Efreet and Force, I've taken significant damage and am down to 7 in the end. I SoFI up the Efreet and swing him to 9. He finally draws into a second blue, drops Puresight, taps my blockers and swings FTW. I realize that I coulda probably killed the Reejerey with a SoFI (had I played it earlier over two turns) and kinda kick myself for letting him get double lord.

Game 3: I open with Drake, he opens with Swords. I drop SoFI which he promptly Needles. Great. Still, I just play Efreet and he once again stumbles on mana. Efreet swings at him and I drop a second Drake. He drops a Wakethrasher while I swing 7 to the dome. He drops Lord of Atlantis and swings at me for 5 with Thrasher and 3 with Muta, dropping me to 14. It's worth noting that I could've played two Islands, but I'm rather sticking to Mox+City for the very reason that a Lord of Atlantis would mean I couldn't chump while racing. I swing him to 3 and drop a Mulldrifter (which also finds a Jitte). He draws, shows me Sygg and points out how he's 2 damage short and scoops 'er up. I figured as much - he'd probably have removal for the blocker, but he wouldn't have removal and lethal - thank god for Chrome Mox not being an Island (and removing the need for a removal spell).

Again, the obligatory postmatch chatter follows with analysis on his build, luck and the universe. Afterwards, I proceed to the 3-0 brackets. I also realize I'm yet to play against any decks from DTB, and I'm in the top tables. WTF?

Total: 3-0 (6-2)

Round 4 - Eseph with Food Chain Goblins

Game 1: I win a die roll 7 to 2 (WTF?) and proceed to keep. He follows the suite. I play turn 1 Island and he responds with Taiga-Lackey. Rg(b?) Goblins, figures. I've got a good hand though (with SoFI coming in 2 turns) so I figure this'll be easy beats. He drops turn 2 Lackey though and Efreet is forced to home defense duty, joined by Trinket Mage finding Chalice (at 2, probably). Then he plays turn 3 Food Chain off Tomb. And I go "WTF?!" He proceeds to Matron for Kiki-Jiki, play 3 Ringleaders, Kiki-Jiki some more (he plays 4 Kikis, it seems like) finding 3-4 Gobs with every Ring and vomits his deck on the table, finishing with Lightning Crafter + Kiki.

I side SoLS out for Jitte - I keep Chalices in as I'm on the play and plan on laying one turn 1 if possible.

Game 2: I open with Island vs. his Taiga-go. I drop Trinket for Needle and he only plays a land. Mulldrifter finally sees Warchief, which I promptly Sower. I Needle Kiki to prevent dumb stuff from happening and he Matrons for Pile, while I beat him down to 6, Matron chumping Warchief. He says he wanted to draw Gempalm (he had 4 mana), but I point out to my Force and his Goblin-count, which means he couldn't have killed my dudes in the first place.

Game 3: I side in BEBs for Chalices. I keep 7-card hand with no turn 1 answer to Lackey, but with a solid EE for turn 2. He plays Lackey (sigh) and I respond with Island-go (sandbagging the EE - he probably doesn't see it coming). Indeed, he drops Kiki off (he plays only 2 SGCs so I was fairly certain he wouldn't have that) the Lackey and plays Prospector. With EE, he's left with nothing to copy and I'm a happy camper. Kiki swings, but he has little else in terms of plays and I drop Pestermite>Sea Drake>BEB his Kiki and I Jitte 'er up and win. A short game - he was relying on the Lackey to go all the way and it really would've if it weren't for the EE.

We again chat about his deck, some particular build things (seems he plays too few lands), siding and all that. At 4-0 I should be able to draw in. On to Top 8!

Total: 4-0 (8-3)

Round 5 - IBA with The Mighty Quinn

Game 1: So I get the obligatory pairdown. Joy. He has the wrong deck initially, but after some hassle, we get going (with me rolling high again - WTF?). He plays Quinn, I play FS and neither of us is really making a secret out of that. I figure that with Chalice at 1, the match should be relatively easy for me. Indeed, I open up with Trinket for Chalice and he StPs in response to me playing it at 1. Efreet is met with Runed Halo and I go for Drake beats. He drops Painter for white, while I drop another Chalice at 1 as a contingency to not get comboed out. Drake + Sower draws a Wrath and I drop a SoLS. Equipped Pestermite gets there and and draws another Wrath. I drop a Trinket and have it faced by Moat + Servant. After that though, Mulldrifter comes up and knocks him to 4 with another Drifter and Pestermite waiting on the wings. This ends it in short order.

I don't do much siding beyond siding out Sowers for Needle and Jittes, I recall (I should've brought EE in too in retrospect, and kept some Sowers in to counteract Runed Halos).

Game 2: He opens with Top while I open with Chalice. I Mox>Shoreline into Efreet, which gets Halo'd, and Trinket for Chrome to enable more plays in my hand. Indeed, I play-equip SoFI next and while he does the "Top + Sheets Cheat". He drops Painter on Red to knock my SoFI off (and I commend him on the play), but I keep on the beats. He drops Eternal Dragon to stall the beats, and I play Pestermite to tap his Eternal Dragon and swing through. He untaps, I SoLS and win.

Post-match chatter, talk about his weakness to Chalice at 1, match expectations, Legacy, awesomeness and so on.

Total: 5-0 (10-3)

Round 6 - Emidln with Fetchland Tendrils

We're both at 5-0 and while I offer the game, he says he'd prefer ID so we don't get paired before the finals and I accept.

Match: 0-0
Total: 5-0-1 (10-3)

Top 8
You may check the decks here (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=132872). The Top 8 by seeds is:

1. Me with Faerie Stompy
2. Emidln with Fetchland Tendrils
3. Mahonen with Dreadstill
4. Avatar of Light with Swan Thresh
5. Marit with Ninja Rats!
6. Eseph with Food Chain Goblins
7. IBA with The Mighty Quinn
8. Nihil with Aggro Loam

I'm quite bamboozled at the weirdness and that 4 of my opponents Top 8d. Anyways, matches 1-8, 2-7, etc. and I'm up vs. Nihil. Normally that would worry me (since Nihil is a friggin' awesome player), but Aggro Loam is quite the good match-up so I'll trust in my deck for this one.

Eldariel
10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
And Top 8 in a separate post since the boards went emo.

Top 8 proper - Nihil with Aggro Loam

Game 1: I win the roll (so I guess I learned to roll over the tourney!) 6-5 and after trading good luck-wishes, we're off. I keep 7, he mulls. I drop two Islands into Chalice at 2 while he Wishes for Shattering Spree the turn before. He drops EE at 0 (presumably saving his Spree for equipment) and I throw a Drake down there. EoT my Chalice flies. In his upkeep, I Pester his black mana, while he drops a Countryside Crusher. The Countryside Crusher turns out to be rebellious as Sower makes it switch sides and after Forcing his Wished Pyroclasm, I swing him to 2. I drop a Chalice at 2 to stop his DD for enough and he scoops 'er up.

I side Pestermites and a Chalice for BEBs and Needle (for Seismic or EE).

Game 2: I open with Needle on EE while he wishes for Spree again. I Trinket for Chrome Mox and drop the Mox imprinting another Trinket. He drops Countryside Crusher which I BEB at the EoT. Efreet joins the team while he Wish > Loams. I SoFI him in the face and drop a Crypt. I allow him to dredge the Loam preparing for the obvious DD and he indeed Sprees my SoFI and Mox (2 copies at the SoFI - since it meant GG, he couldn't risk Force or BEB). He Pyroclasms the Mage away and I swing him to 4, dropping a Drake to salvage my lands from the DD. He DDs with his hand (X=4) leaving him at 1 land and me with an empty board (but Island + Tomb + Trinket + something in hand). My turn, I Crypt him and play a land.

He topdecks a land while I drop the Trinket and play a second Crypt. He topdecks into Tarmogoyf and I Crypt myself leaving it at 0/1. Trinket swings him to 2. He draws a fetch and fetches, leaving the Goyf at 1/2 and it chumps. He topdecks Loam and succumbs to Trinket beats (I reveal a hand of Trinket, BEB, Sower and Chalice).

Again, insightful postgame chatter regarding the strategic roles in this match along with the dynamics and how the threat of BEB and Force keep him from executing his plan optimally. We come to the conclusion that he really wants Mox in this match to match my speed. Also, the lack of Deed on his SB is obviously huge (Grip just isn't the same).

Total: 6-0-1 (12-3)

The Top 8 round-up is:
Eldariel wins 2-0 vs. Nihil
Eseph wins 2-0 vs. mahonen
marit wins 2-1 vs. Avatar of Light
IBA wins 2-1 vs. emidln

Top 4 - Eseph with Food Chain Goblins

Game 1: Not the match I was most looking forward to. This is very draw-dependant even if he plays too few lands. I mulligan my "loses to Lackey"-hand into 6 into a hand with turn 1 Drake if I draw a blue card (I know he mulligans aggressively for Lackey). He plays Lackey, I fail to draw the blue card and while I have a turn 2 Drake, I quickly get burrowed under the stuff he drops (next turn he Gempalms FTW). I had slightly under 50% chances with 26 of the 54 remaining cards being blue, which I figured are better chances than my chances of winning from 5. I had equipment too so had I had the turn 1 Drake, I would've probably won.

I side as previously on the play.

Game 2: I still don't have the turn 1 Chalice, but no matter. I drop a turn 1 Efreet and he mulls for Lackey. I drop him to 17 and play another Efreet. My kinda hand. He plays a Vexing Shusher while I decide that I need to go all-out on beats if I am to win and swing with both, dropping Trinket fetching Needle on Gempalm (after long thought - I figure that Lackey can blow me out, while he needs one more turn to Shusher Food Chain into play, and I've got a Force). He drops a second Lackey + Shusher, which pretty much confirms my suspicions that his hand isn't combo material. I swing him down to 5 and while he could connect with Lackey, there's nothing he can do about the 6 he's going to take the next turn, especially with me having Force open.

Game 3: BEB-Chalice switch. He mulligans into turn 1 Lackey, for which I have turn 1 EE. BEBs, Forces and dudes elude me, but this will do. Turn 2, I drop a Mulldrifter to fill my hand and he drops a Warchief off a Tomb taking 3 to the face. I play-equip Jitte and rid myself of the Cost Reducer. He laments his poor hand while I knock him to 13 with 2 more Jitte-counters and go Drake > Trinket > Needle. I swing in, name Shusher with the Needle (technically he could still go off with Shusher > Food Chain uncounterably), kill his Prospector and leave him to 5. With my BEB+Trinket+Force hand, I'm not really surprised to win shortly after.

More chat, although shorter this time since we went through it all already. He still hasn't figured out how to SB in this match.

Total: 7-0-1 (14-4)

The other Top 4 match was IBA vs. marit where Moat Solves.

Finals - IBA with the Mighty Quinn

Game 1: He forgot to include his middlename "M.f." into his nick, but the game consoles him with a won die roll (11 to my 2). Anyways, I mulligan. He drops a turn 1 Top while I play Efreet. Following the Efreet, I Trinket into Chalice and slam it down at 1 (thus removing the risk of Scepter Lock, Painter combo, E. Tutors and everything else). Team swings him down to 12 and he Painter's for white. I just keep swinging, until he's at 6, then Pester his Painter at the EoT and swing FTW. Turns out he had 8 lands (from Sheets) and a bunch of 1-drops. Happens.

I still don't have any idea how to side. I take out Sowers, toss in Jittes and the Needle and decide to put the show on.

Game 2: He mulligans and we're off. His turn 1 Top meets Needle from me, but his turn 2 Scepter warrants Force pitching Shoreline as I don't have any more acceleration in hand and I can only play Chalice turn 3, which means I'd need to Force the Chant once anyways - rather be rid of the whole thing. I Trinket for Chalice and pass. He cycles E. Dragon while I layeth down the Chalice at 1. Trinket beats continue and I drop Mulldrifter off Mox pitching another Force (I had 3). Perhaps errenously I Force his Powder Keg while he drops Painter on white, which leaves my SoLS helpless. He drops Mesa and I Chalice at 2. I drop Drake and keep on swinging. He takes 2 to 10 but Mesa is getting out of hand. With Chalice at 1, I can't fetch my second Needle on it and I'm pretty thoroughly fucked without one of my Jittes (which I failed to draw). I lay more flyers, but Chant (countered by Chalice) > Shards dwindles my force and I get the bright idea of Chalicing at 3 to prevent me from getting blown out. Of course, that removes any chances I ever had of piercing the damn Mesa and eventually I succumb to Pegasus-beats once he's drawn enough. The damn Mesa is a singleton too and he didn't even have to try to tutor for it. Oh well, that can't happen again!

Game 3: I open with turn 1 Jitte. Obviously, he has his singleton Needle in hand. Great start for the game. I find a Trinket which finds a Chalice. Mulldrifter puts me further ahead. He has Top while I opt to drop a Needle on Scepter first since I haven't seen a Pestermite or a Force and his playing suggests he's got Scepter in hand (e.g. he didn't bounce Top in response to my Needle). I SoFI up my beaters and drop him low, but he plays Painter on red. He also Halos my Mulldrifter. I'm in a fine shape, except he has the Top/Sheets on and that sucks. I SoLS him into 4 with my Trinket Mages (I've played a second one and a Chalice at 1), while he blocks the other with Painter. Then he Haloes my Trinkets with third in hand. And then he finds Sacred Mesa. Sigh. Now, if I could find any of my other creatures, I'd still be in fine shape as with Mulldrifter, he'll need to alphastrike to kill me. I play-equip Sea Drake, but he's been sandbagging an O-Ring the whole time (as I figured) and I still don't have a Force. I lay some beaters, but he has an insane number of lands and I just can't keep up with the Mesa. Eventually I just succumb to the Mesa-beats.

We talk about how the games were pretty damn epic, how the Scepter's usefulness surprised us both and how I should've Needled the Mesa before Chalice at one (but I had to evade his two other comboes as well, both of which he had at hands). Really, had I had access to Glen Elendra Archmage, I would've probably won this. That's no excuse though - even with just Engineered Explosives, I would've had a fine chance and I just didn't realize I should bring it in.

Even Sower could've been useful, so I probably missided. Servant naming a Sword-colour became more of an annoyance than a cool play during this as it shut down a full one-third of my equipment arsenal. Still, if it weren't for that damn random turn 1 Needle (just after the Chalice), I would've won without much of an issue. Or had I just Needled Mesa at some breakpoint instead of Scepter or whatever. Bleh, can't win them all. Just sucks I won in the Swiss and lost in the Finals. But I guess that happens.

Match: 1-2
Total: 7-1-1 (15-6)

The Top 8 was definitely the weirdest I've ever seen and the whole tournament was fairly awesome. I'll probably be picking a Foil Burning Wish for my troubles (unless Elgins picks it for whatever reason and I end up with the Plateau instead), but that's not important - I was in the tourney for the game anyways.

Props:
-Daze, marit, Cabal-chan, Eseph, IBA and Nihil (that is, all my opponents - I never got to play emidln sadly) for being awesome.
-The Top 8 for being awesome in some weird, perverted way.
-The organization (Cabal-chan) and the donators (Griever, AoK and Cabal-chan) for arranging the tournament.
-Faerie Stompy for beating the tar out of random metagames.
-Mulldrifter for being awesome.
-Sower for being awesome.
-The Mighty Quinn for being mono-white control that beats Fetchland Tendrils (WTF?!).
-IBA for pwning Swords with Painter's Servant.
-Marit for playing Ninja Rats. Seriously.

Slops:
-Me for losing to a singleton Sacred Mesa twice in a row.
-d20s.
-Misdirection for having almost no decks to prey on nowadays.
-Time Zones (and basic physics) for making people play matches at 7 AM.
-People for dropping due to "real life" or bad beats.
-DCI-R for pairing me down twice.
-Painter's Servant for pwning Swords.
-Rats for not making it to the Finals. Still though, Ninja Rats makes up for that. And Swarmyard. In Legacy.

Alright, signing out...in Finland!

klaus
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Gratz on the Finish!

But your report got too long , dude. :confused: It was a bitch skipping to the most interesting stuff. I still appreciate the effort that went into it.
--
Anything else you'd change except for adding Archmage?

Finn
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Interesting report, Eldariel. I love your style.

Eldariel
10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
My reports usually are - I guess that since I once in a while had the chance to go into detail in match, I went into excess though. Hmm, and other changes? None that I could suggest with a good conscience without testing them first.

A singleton Cursed Scroll on the SB could be interesting, yes, and the Sigil of Distinction obviously post-Alara (curiously, it wouldn't have been good in the finals). The one I'm most interested in testing now though is the Glen Elendra Archmage.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
A lot of my singletons are redundant. And I did have Top/Sheets active, without which I probably wouldn't have found Mesa (although I did have the Scepter-Chant combo, so Needle probably wasn't misnamed.)

I think you might've won g3 with tighter play, but it's hard to tell. It's an ecletic and difficult to predict matchup.

Very good games, though. Very epic. I was listening to Duel of the Fates the whole time.

Forbiddian
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Fun report, FS has had a lot of great showings recently. Mulldrifter is just a beast.

marit
10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Haha, congrats on second. Sorry I couldnt see you in the finals, I found out that moat is a beating. We'll have to have epic rematch #3 next tourney.

Tacosnape
10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Awesome report.

Oh, and,

Ninja Rats?

Ninja Rats.

Words fail me.

Although the more I say it, the more I start going "Ninja, Ninja Rat!" to the tune of Vanilla Ice's "Ninja Rap" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze.

Griever9977
10-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Congrats man. I'm glad Faerie stompy got some love. I'm also glad one of you guy in the t4 is getting my Plateau. You'll see me in the next tourney.

Eldariel
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
A lot of my singletons are redundant. And I did have Top/Sheets active, without which I probably wouldn't have found Mesa (although I did have the Scepter-Chant combo, so Needle probably wasn't misnamed.)

I think you might've won g3 with tighter play, but it's hard to tell. It's an ecletic and difficult to predict matchup.

G2 too - I actually think Forcing the Keg was a mistake; I could've Forced whatever wincon you played instead. Also, I'm not sure about pitching the Force to the Mox, but that's all gone. And while your 1-ofs are redundant, only Needle stops all my Jittes and I had a second one in hand. Also, Mesa is rather irreplicable. That said, I agree that only G2 counts as a "rip", G3 you were doing your deck like your life depended on it. And as said, can't win 'em all.

Very good games, though. Very epic. I was listening to Duel of the Fates the whole time.

Was worth that! I played a bunch of Nightwish's high tempo songs during the match.

Others: Glad to know it was readable.

Deep6er
10-15-2008, 11:24 AM

David <3's the Darth Maul. He's the fucking coolest ever.

@Eldariel: Fuck yes Nightwish!

Oh, also, congratulations.