4 Salvage Titan
4 Arcbound Worker
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Master of Etherium
3 Etherium Sculptor
1 Kederekt Leviathan
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Tezzeret, the Seeker

-still need a sideboard so suggestions are welcome.

The Breakdown

1st) I do have to say this is more casual than legacy but still legacy.

Mana Base:

Lotus Petal-it counts as an artifact so help with Master of Eth.
Islands/Swamp-they are basic lands what can i say.
Seat of the Synod/Wall of Whipers-artifact lands

Creatures:

Ornithopter/Shield Sphere/Phyrexian Walker-free artifacts, helps with glaze fiend and their usual quantities hurt with Tezz
Glaze Fiend-one of the main beaters. Many people I find underestimate his real potential. Especially with this storm like play of the deck.
Salvage Titan-massive and usual cheap beater, pretty tough to deal with sometimes especially turn 1 and 2.
Arcbound Worker-1 mana drop, not much, but helps out even in death.
Arcbound Ravager-its Ravager.
Master of Etherium-This guy just gets huge in this deck. . . and it helps out all your other creatures including those adorable 0 mana creatures.
Etherium Sculptor-cheapens your already cheap guys and allows some huge drops after the Leviathan.
Kederekt Leviathan-when he comes in he returns all non land perms to their owners hands. you usually (roughly 9 out of 10 times) can put back all your cards on the board on the turn you play it or the next turn. Can your opponent?

Spells:

Executioner's Capsule-its a small terror in an artifact. Creature kill.
Tendrils of Agony-with the storm producing style, why not.
Tezzeret, the Seeker-this guy rules.

other things i might add:

Force of Will
Brainstorm
Hurkyll's Recall
Retract
Thirst for Knowledge
Extirpate
Thoughtseize
Blackmail
Duress
Diciple of the Vault

Nihil Credo
11-01-2008, 07:51 AM
1st) I do have to say this is more casual than legacy but still legacy.
Moved to the right forum.

USMC~PLAYER
11-01-2008, 04:06 PM
oh thanks

GenioDeArena
11-01-2008, 04:09 PM
first and foremost: Nice build!
Now a couple of questions: How do you manage to cast the leviathan?
Have you considered Academy Ruins? might work wonders for the deck, specially with the capsule.
Why no Plating? thopter can fly for the win.

Mordenkaynen
11-02-2008, 03:46 AM
I think that rather than play a mediocre tendrils tech (which makes you think about putting your zero-guys at first turn for titan or holding them until you have enough mana to cast tendrils), rather than that you can just play erayo and flip it turn 1-2 which is huge.

Academy ruins is not a card for these deck, as I can see. It's for recuring powerful artifacts, powerful by themselves, not ravager nor capsule.

Media314r8
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
It seems like you are putting all of your proverbial eggs into one basket with glaze fiend. If you decide to take the deck that direction, you may consider running atog, as you could play and sac every artifact for +2/+2 to both. I cannot advocate that plan, as you have to hold all of your 0 mana artifacts in hand until you are ready to swing for the win, and both creatures are nearly useless outside of the big swing. Removal also stands to 4+ for 1 you, so I would recommend a build centering more around Master of Etherium and arcbound ravager. I'll try to suggest budget cards, but if you should feel like investing money into dark conidants, glimmervoids, and Force of will, I believe you can make this 'casual' deck into a Tier 1.5 legacy tournament worthy deck.

for referance:

Traditional Affinity:
4x Seat of the Synod
4x Vault of Whispers
4x Darksteel Citadel
4x Great Furnace
3x Glimmervoid

3x Ornithopter
4x Frogmite
4x Disciple of the Vault
4x Myr Enforcer
4x Arcbound Ravager
4x Master of Etherium

4x Thoughtcast
4x Cranial Plating
4x Chromatic Star
4x Springleaf Drum
2x Atog/Shrapnel Blast/Fling

My build of MOE's Tavern (affinity with FoW):

// Lands
4 [MR] Ancient Den
4 [MR] Vault of Whispers
4 [MR] Seat of the Synod
4 [MR] Glimmervoid
1 [DS] Darksteel Citadel

// Creatures
4 [DS] Arcbound Ravager
4 [RAV] Dark Confidant
4 [ALA] Tidehollow Sculler
4 [ALA] Tidehollow Strix
4 [ALA] Master of Etherium

// Spells
4 [DS] AEther Vial
4 [10E] Chromatic Star
4 [RAV] Terrarion
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [MR] Thoughtcast
3 Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ALA] Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 [4E] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle

----------------

Now, your deck as proposed:
4 Lotus Petal
4 Island
4 Swamp
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers

4 Shield Sphere
4 Phyrexian Walker
4 Ornithopter
3 Executioner's Capsule
3 Glaze Fiend
4 Salvage Titan
4 Arcbound Worker
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Master of Etherium
3 Etherium Sculptor
1 Kederekt Leviathan
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Tezzeret, the Seeker

How I would build affinity on a budget:

Lands: 20

4 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Ancient Den
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Mishra's Factory ($2 each)

Spells: 16

4 Chromatic Star
4 Terrarion
4 Thoghtcast
4 Cranial Plating ($.50 each)

Creatures: 24

4 Disciple of the Vault
4 Arcbound Worker
4 Arcbound Ravager (~$5-8 each)
4 Tidehollow Strix
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Master of Etherium (~$5 each, but foils come in precons- price may drop)

Sideboard:
4 Tormod's Crypt ($1 each)
4 chalice of the void ($3 each)
4 duress ($1 each)
3 stifle ($2 each)

The mainboard would cost you something like $60 assuming you can find the majority of the commons/uncommons in the cheap boxes at your local card shop and don't have to buy them of star city games. You obviously don't need a sideboard if you don't plan on playing in tournaments, but I think you will enjoy how the deck plays. Note that the star and terrarion draw you a card no matter how they go to the graveyard, so you can sac them to ravger to grow him and still draw a card while also making your opponent lose life with any disciples you have in play. If you know your opponent is likely to kill your tidehollow sculler, you can play him and sac him to ravager with his ability on the stack to permanently remove the card from your opponent's hand. You also can play thoughtcast with three generic artifacts on the board, and a chromatic star/terrarion- you can declare the spell with it's affinity ability making the cost just a blue mana, and then sacrifice the star/terrarion via it's [B]mana ability to pay the costs. Cranial plating will give you the quick kills that you were looking for with glaze fiend, and can also be used over and over again to make all your guys into fearsome threats. (that can also pump ravager with combat damage already assigned to the creature blocking them- trading and giving your ravager another modular counter) Master of Etherium will also be much larger, as you have more artifacts in play because the deck uses the manafixing star/terrarion instead of basic lands, and thus all your lands are artifacts or have the ability to become artifacts.

I hope you are able to test this with either MWS or paper proxies, and good luck with the deck and welcome to the source!

PS: I have no idea if you are a marine (17!) or if you just want to join, but this message is coming to you from Iraq!

long post is looooong, and basicly a deck primer.

Piceli89
11-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Where do you get stifle@2 dollars and tormod's @1 ?? I'm moving to that place immediately !

Media314r8
11-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Where do you get stifle@2 dollars and tormod's @1 ?? I'm moving to that place immediately !

Tormod's at 1 since the reprinting in TSP. Heck, the FNMs were going for about $5.

Stifles, while now regaining some popularity in decks like team america and tempo thresh, are generally limited to MBs, and in specific decks like stiflenaught. I traded for a playset for my friend, valueing the set at $10, in trade. I assume the fellow would have taken $8 cash. People who don't play or intend to build such decks generally have no/little use for the card, as it is crap in SBs now with ANT able to combo through chant, discard, or simply just tendrils twice. Starcity is obv going to cost dur infinite.