PDA

View Full Version : Interested in starting EDH

tcb7599
11-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I am a long time legacy player, and thus have a decent collection of cards; and I am interested in playing some EDH. I really don't know where to get started, so I was wondering if some of the more experienced players of the format could either post what general they use, or post/pm me deck lists so I can get an idea of where to go with this.

Frenger
11-02-2008, 10:44 AM
http://edh.truespace.ca/EDH_Forum/

tcb7599
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting the link, I have looked over many of the decks. I was wondering if any fellow Sourcers had any input for competitive EDH decks.

WiLdFiRe
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
competitive EDH decks.
I'm not sure you've actually understood the point of the format.

tcb7599
11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I am aware that the format is usually played in multiplayer, casually; but I really don't feel like putting something awful. One of the local shops here might be having a EDH 2HG tourney, and I was just wondering if people could share their thoughts/lists.

Bryant Cook
11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I recommend not playing combo, no one wants to play against me anymore. :(
My turn 3 takes about 20 mins...

Aggro_zombies
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I recommend not playing combo, no one wants to play against me anymore. :(
My turn 3 takes about 20 mins...
Only jerks play combo in casual. >:(

I found out the rules from people who play around here, and just sort of went with it. I figured out what colors I wanted to play first, then looked for a general in those colors that no one else was using. There are rules for what happens when two people play the same general (I don't remember them), but if you've got other EDH players around it's best to find something that's not being played. Some color combinations - :g::u::b: comes to mind - are pretty popular but only have one or two generals available, so if someone's got that one, you're hosed (damn Vorosh player around here took my favorite color combination, shitsux).

Also, most people don't like playing against five-colored generals unless the deck has a really strong theme (like Slivers or some weird combo).

It's a blast to play, even in one-on-one.