4_SSG
4_Seething song//colored mana artifact
4_Sandstone needle
6_fetches
4_duals
1_Plains
3_Mountain

No SB yet

This is the deck so far. They are two separate ways to play it. 1_play undercosted beaters that give tokens to your opp, and kill them with fire ants and/or phyrohenia, or 2_Outright steal them with Brand.and amass a heavy army.
Can anyone tell me if Brand still gets Mogg infestation tokens? one sided wrath that gives you creatures plus the ones you allready had seems fun! i need to know if the combo is still viable, otherwise Ill exchange the infestations for Thieves auction I think.
Equips are a matter of personal choice, as the Crag saurian spot. I beleve Deep-slumber titan is a far better card, but thi one appealed me cause i can allways Brand it back if anything else fails.

Any other Brand Lists are more than welcomed, ive allways wanted to break the card.

Benie Bederios
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
This is the list I have worked on for a long time. It's still competitive and quite expensive for Casual though.

3 Flooded Strand
1 Island
3 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
4 Volcanic Island
3 Wasteland

4 Epochrasite
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hunted Horror
3 Gilded Drake

4 AEther Vial
2 Extirpate
4 Brand
4 Bainstorm
4 Echoing Truth
4 Stifle
3 cabal Therapy
2 Thoughtseize

SB

3 Pithing Needle
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Blue Elemental Blast
2 Thoughtseize
3 Rack and Ruins

Hunted Horror and Gilded Drake are the best Brand imho. Using Echoing Truth and Stifle are alternative ways to get rid of the tokens. This deck is quite metagamed... Cabal Therapy and Extirpate might not be needed.

BB

syssc9
11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Here’s a quick look at my Brand based Multiplayer deck:

4 Brand
4 Engineered Explosives
4 Terminate
4 Hull Breach
4 Regrowth
4 Bird of Paradise
4 Sakura Tribe Elder
4 Hunted Horror
4 Hunted Dragon

Land
4 Forbidden Orchard
4 Bayou
4 Badlands
4 Fetch
4 Forest
2 Swamp
2 Mountain

Very simple and straightforward, meant primarily for Chaos Multiplayer of 5 -10 folks. Mana accel and early blocking via BoP’s and Sak Tribe, undercosted beats from the Hunted critters, and a degree of protection/disruption from Hull Breach, Terminate and EE. Brand and/or EE are the answers to all the tokens being generated. Regrowth turns out to be pretty central to the functioning of this list. I put it in primarily to pull Brand back from the yard, but it works just fine with everything including Fetches. Forbidden Orchard also works well in this concept, generating whatever mana is required with no need to sweat the tokens. If Brand is in hand, they are just more goodness for you! I originally had War Riders in this deck, but gave up on them as their token generation can get out of hand really quickly.

I will often attempt to work with the youngest, least experienced player at the table and offer to give him/her lots of tokens so long as they are used as I suggest, or at least not used to attack me. (See the sneaky old man - See him twirling his long black mustachios like Snidely Whiplash and snickering to himself. Yah-ah-aaaa!) Even these Guppy faced young’uns will turn on you eventually, and of course, you have a Brand back for that. If the whole table is sneaky old men, well, you just don’t make friends.

I am sure this list could be improved also. I have often thought that Hull breach, Terminate, Hunted Dragon, and perhaps even Regrowth could be successfully reduced to 3 and something nefarious added to take their place. I just haven’t bothered to research what that should be. The lists above have some great ideas - Thanks!

Amber VII
11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
This is just the thread I was hoping for!

Here the Brand deck I've been working on:

Creatures

4 Sakura Tribe Elder
4 Varchild's War-Riders
4 Hunted Troll
4 Hunted Dragon

Spells

4 Brand
4 Incinerate
4 Pyroclasm/Earthquake

Enchantments

4 Aether Flash
4 Repercussion

Mana

13 Mountain
11 Forest

Card choices:

Sakura Tribe Elder: It blocks and fetches a land.

Varchild's War-Riders: A must for the deck. It's even better in multiplayer, where you can create a mini token army for a friend.

Hunted Troll: Better if it had trample.

Hunted Dragon: The reason for playing Brand. What's not to love about three 2/2's and a 6/6 with Brand?

Brand: It also cycles.

Incinerate: You can substitute this with Lightning Bolt or Magma Jet if you have it.

Pyroclasm/Earthquake: I'm not sure what the right combination of each is. Eathquake + Repercussion looks scary.

Aether Flash: I think having an alternative to Brand, one that's reusable, is good for the deck. You also receive the collateral of keeping Tribal decks in check.

Repercussion: The second reason for playing Aether Flash. With the War-Raiders you have a endless source of damage. Four seems like too many however.

Comments:

The deck is a mite slow and it's "combo" doesn't guarantee a win, but it's extremely fun to play, especially it multiplayer. There are multiple paths to victory and the cards really work well with each other. Best of all, I don't think there's a single card in here worth more than a dollar.

Originally I wanted to keep the deck monocolor, though I don't think red has enough cards to make a deck. I'm open to suggestions, especially cards that make the deck more synergistic.

Shabbaman
11-25-2008, 05:17 AM
I run Tainted Aether in my VWR/Hunted/Brand deck. With Leyline in play you can nuke all their lands. It's a completely different direction than the red approach though.