PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Atlanta Legacy Side Event!!!!

Pulp_Fiction
11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry for the late notice but I just learned about this tournament last night! At Grand Prix Atlanta there is going to be a Legacy side event! I am not sure of the total prize support but my local card shop is going to be there and one of the owners Jim said they were going to contribute a few things to the prize pool as well which consists of foreign boxes of Invasion, Apocalypse, Torment and more! Boosters will most likely be given out based on attendence! Here is a link to the website http://unityentertainment.info/post.php?event=716

The tournament is on November 16 at 1:00 P.M. at the Georgia International Conference Center. I am planning on attending as well as whitenot, Thor, Loxodon Baileyarch, and most likely a few other sourcers (kabal might and if he does he will be running Thrash)!

We are trying to organize a car pool or meet up at the Marta. PM me or post in here if you are interested!

kabal
11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
(kabal might and if he does he will be running Thrash)!

How dare you, that is not a guarantee.

Pulp_Fiction
11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Lol, your track record speaks for itself!

cdr
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I met some of you at Supergames on Wednesday.

I'll be judging today, Saturday, and Sunday. Hopefully the legacy will get a decent turnout.

kabal
11-16-2008, 09:44 PM
results?

Pulp_Fiction
11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
It was a top 4 split of the 3 boxes offered as prizes as well as the 18 other Shards of Alara packs offered between 3-4 place and the top 4 played it out for the additional prize which was a Force of Will. This was the top 8:

Top 4
1. unreg - Burn
2. unreg - Countersilver
3. me - B/G/w Rock
4. whienot - U/g/r Dreadstill

Top 8
5. unreg - Countersliver
6. unreg - Mono-W Aggro w/ Chant and lots of Equipment (not Stompy)
7. unreg - Countersliver
8. unreg - Enchantress

EDIT: Not positive about 8. It was either Enchantress or BW Confidant splashing for Goyf.

It was a good tournament with very cool people. There was around 26 entrants and we played 5 rounds cut to top 8. The field was crazy! There was 3 Countersliver decks and all of them made top 8! Affinity, 2 Belcher, 2 Burn, Survival (Thor), Team America (Loxodon Baileyarch), 2 crazy Berserk Stompy decks, 3 Goblins, old-skool Sligh, UWb Landstill, Eva Green, and a few others. It was crazy! One thing is for sure, if you brough Thresh you would have been smashed in the face! I was really looking forward to playing against Landstill and Thresh but I never did :( Oh well, it was cool, and one thing that should be noted, Ryan Radcliffe was there, the guy who played R/g Goblins to a top 8 finish at GenCon Legacy Champs! He made top 8 with Countersliver but just missed out on the top 4 after losing to Dreadstill! I will write up a tournament report tomorrow because right now I am mentally dead!!!

Swing4Five
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
1. unreg - Burn
2. unreg - Countersilver
3. me - B/G/w Rock
4. whienot - U/g/r Dreadstill
5. unreg - Countersliver
6. unreg - Mono-W Aggro w/ Chant and lots of Equipment (not Stompy)
7. unreg - Countersliver
8. unreg - Enchantress

wtf

Jak
11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Somewhere, in Washington, Pinder is throwing things at innocent little children because there weren't enough players for this to count towards the DTB forum.

Thor
11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
The last top 8 spot you have as Enchantress was actually Goblins, I think it was with a white splash not sure though.

J.V.
11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
How many people did the side event have?

Jak
11-17-2008, 01:31 AM
He said around 26.

Pulp_Fiction
11-17-2008, 01:34 AM
I swear that weird B/W/g Confidant deck or Enchantress made it to the top 8. I didn't think there was any Goblins there. I thought they all went 3/2 or worse (like Bailey :) Are you sure it was Goblins? I remember them getting ravaged. Also, Thor do you remember approximately how many people were there? I am pretty sure it was 26 but not positive.

kabal
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
IOne thing is for sure, if you brough Thresh you would have been smashed in the face!

What?? Counterslivers, Goblins, Combo and random aggro ... never had a problem with those MUs with Thrash.

Pulp_Fiction
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Amadeus was there (Andy's friend) playing 4C Thresh garbage with CB and Shackles and he went 0-2 drop, I'm not sure if he won a game ... If you really think Thresh would have done good you should have brought it! I would have loved to play against you!

Finn
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
26 people at a GP side event sounds very small. I wonder if the GP itself had a small turnout.

cdr
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
No, the turnout was not low for the GP. It's just that no one cares about legacy. The PTQ had 268 players, plus there was also a Standard event and Extended event with similar turnout to the Legacy.

Pinder
11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Somewhere, in Washington, Pinder is throwing things at innocent little children because there weren't enough players for this to count towards the DTB forum.

Truth. Although I think I'll count it as a victory that three people were even playing Countersliver at this thing :tongue:.

URABAHN
11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
No, the turnout was not low for the GP. It's just that no one cares about legacy. The PTQ had 268 players, plus there was also a Standard event and Extended event with similar turnout to the Legacy.

Not that disagree with you about the popularity of Legacy, but if the Standard and Extended side events had a similar turnout...

Loxodon Baileyarch
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I swear that weird B/W/g Confidant deck or Enchantress made it to the top 8. I didn't think there was any Goblins there. I thought they all went 3/2 or worse (like Bailey :) Are you sure it was Goblins? I remember them getting ravaged. Also, Thor do you remember approximately how many people were there? I am pretty sure it was 26 but not positive.

I didn't do worse than that. I'm doomed to an eternity of liking boys...

Sadface :(