PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Side Event-Dec 13th-Memphis TN-[40 Revised Duals]

revenge_inc
11-18-2008, 03:34 AM
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=events/magic/worlds
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=events/magic/worlds-08publicevents#schedule

Where:
Memphis Cook Convention Center (http://www.memphisconvention.com/memphis/index.php)
255 North Main
Memphis, TN 38103

When:
December 13th, 3pm

Prize Support:
1st: 30 Revised Duals
2nd: 10 Revised Duals
Boosters of the current set(s?) given away (based on attendance?)

Tournament Organizer:
StarCityGames.com

Stumbled upon this, thought I'd post it here to let anyone who might be interested the earliest possible heads-up. Mods feel free to edit this if/when new info comes up or sticky it.

Possible conflict with:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11371

Adan
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
That's sick. But I better ask know: Can anyone take the Top8 lists and post them here when the event is over?

Sideevent decklists often end up in the paperbasket because they actually don't care. The Pro Tour Berlin SE results have also not been posted yet in magicthegathering.com, though it was clearly announced.

cdr
11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll see what I can do about the lists, assuming I remember.

revenge_inc
12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Results?

Madpeep
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Cedrick(sp?) won the event with his B/W/G deck. It had Dark Confidants, Tarmogoyfs, Vindicates, Sinkholes, Hymn to Tourachs, Duress. He won three of each dual land, while the second place person received one of each dual land. Cedrick and I were both X-1 in the final round and playing for 1st place. I was playing Meathooks. I kept a sketchy hand game 1 that didn't pan out. He destroyed me that game. Game 2 was the exact opposite with me killing him relatively easily. Game 3 was pretty close for awhile, but without crystalline making an appearance and me drawing 1/3 of the lands in my deck, I couldn't keep up and he won the event. After losing game 1 without crystalline, I should have made it a higher priority, but I thought my hand was good enough....I was wrong. At X-2, I ended up in 4th place (Swiss +1).

kabal
12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Cedrick(sp?) won the event with his B/W/G deck.

Do you know the top 8?

Madpeep
12-17-2008, 12:18 PM
The tournament was Swiss+1, so they didn't cut to top 8. The "Top 8" decks would be a bit misleading, since people couldn't draw-in to the top 8 spots. Players who went 5-0 and could normally I.D. into the top 8, instead had to play it out and may have gone 0-2 in the remaining rounds, dropping them as far down as 15th or so depending on tie-breakers.

Reguardless, I don't know which decks made it, nor am I all that familiar with the different deck names, since a good portion of the decks all used the same cards (counter/top, bob, and goyf), before drastically changing the remaining cards in the decks.

scrumdogg
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Awww, they actually had to play all of their matches to make Top 8 of the tournament? How sad. There were 8 decks (and players) that ended up on top after actually playing all the rounds. Does anyone have that information? Or failing that, the contact information for the TO who ran the tourney?

cdr
12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I asked for the lists, but they gave them to Coverage, which might as well be a black hole.

BoomChild
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
From what I can remember.....

The Top8 was this......

Deadguy Green
Mono Blue Merfolk
Painter Fish
Slivers
Ad Nauseum Tendrils
Trinket Naught
Red Threshold
Unknown.....

That is the top8 from what I can remember it being. There was a very strong showing of Threshold in the entire field and plenty of jank to go with it.

This is my list for Tendrils which I played to 6-2 loosing only to Cedric w/ Deadguy Green and the Trinket Naught list.

Ad-Nauseum Tendrills

Land:

3x Polluted Delta
2x Bloodstained Mire
2x Underground Sea
1x Volcanic Island
1x Badland
1x Bayou
4x Forbidden Orchard

Spells:

1x Tendrils of Agony
3x Ad Nauseum
2x Mystical Tutor
3x Brainstorm
3x Orim's Chant
3x Duress
4x Dark Ritual
4x Cabal Ritual
4x Burning Wish
4x Rite of Flame
4x Lion's Eye Diamond
4x Lotus Petal
2x Mox Diamond
2x Infernal Tutor
2x Chrome Mox

SB:

1x Tendrils of Agony
1x Reverent Silence
1x Empty the Warrens
2x Shattering Spree
2x Pyroclasm
1x Diminishing Returns
3x Dark Confidant
4x Pyroblast

This thing rolled to a solid turn 2 win against any deck w/o Force of Will and came in around turn 3-4 against threshold. This was my matchup the whole day.

Round 1- Red Thresh - 2-1
Round 2 - UR Burn - 2-1
Round 3 - Eva Green - 2-0
Round 4 - Red Thresh - 2-0
Round 5 - Trinket Naught - 1-2
Round 6 - Thresh - 2-0
Round 7 - Deadguy Green - 1-2
Round 8 - The Rock - 2-0

If it had been a normal tournament with 7 rounds I would have been 8th after round 7. Making top8. I believe that this tournament is a better representation of how the decks fare as we were required to play every round out. There was not one ID the entire day at the top tables and it really came down to who played and knew their deck the best. It was a pleasure to play the Fun Format with everyone and I hope that the innovation continues through to GP Chicago!

P.S. Merfolk was rocking Wake Thrasher... Blowin people out all day.

Pinder
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Slivers

God, people still play that pile? :P

BoomChild
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Considering that it won the GenCon Legacy Worlds event, I think it will be played for a while to come. It's just a fish deck that doesn't rely on the Graveyard and has 20 creatures that get bigger and have shroud and could fly...

Adan
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
God, people still play that pile? :P

That's LEGACY. Most irrational format ever.

Ape Boy
12-18-2008, 04:05 AM
8th was RBG Survival, by yours truly