PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] March 7-8: Grand Prix Chicago 2009

Pages : [1] 2

TheBirdMan
11-20-2008, 12:05 AM
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/other/112008a

Its about time wizards maybe this time it wont be gp flash.

Whit3 Ghost
11-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Fucking sweet.

I have no idea if it's within driving range, but fuck it, I need to go to this!!

Pinder
11-20-2008, 12:10 AM
I'll see you motherfuckers in Chicago.

edit - Hey! There's a Standard Grand Prix here in Seattle, too! I might just have to try and make that one, too.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
11-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Chicago? Nice. I'm in.

xsockmonkeyx
11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Chicago? :/

troopatroop
11-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Chicago : )

I'll try to make it.

Elficidium
11-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Sh*te Chicago, I wanted to judge that one.

Meh, certainly going to Paris and Rotterdam, perhaps even to Madrid, Brighton and Hanover.

I could consider Boston if it was worthwile in terms of sourcer-turnout and I could arrange to sleep somewhere cheap. I'd bring belgian beer and alterations.

rsaunder
11-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Fucking sweet.

I have no idea if it's within driving range, but fuck it, I need to go to this!!

Don't worry. The Upstate BZK contingent WILL be playing this. Otherwise it's hardly a fair representation of Legacy magic, is it?

Deep6er
11-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh, Hells yes.

Expect some number of Virginians. Come hell or high water, I definitely expect to make this.

Goddamn you Tarmogoyf/Counterbalance/Flash. Why do I only get one Grand Prix with Solidarity? Fuck you. Especially you Tarmogoyf. You like boys.

Hm, I guess that means more testing.

heroicraptor
11-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Expect some number of Virginians.

Count me in that number.

mercenarybdu
11-20-2008, 02:08 AM
We got one <hand clap>, but Extended got four again <breaking the beer bottle> and <Sean Hanity tone> possible a six events!

Fair and Balance, they say. I know Flores and BDM are going to say their usual "unfair" BS about the format to discourage people from playing this format. They do it all the time when it comes tp our community, it's written all over their writing without a formal apology to the community.

I have every right and reason to criticize and yell "FOUL PLAY!" to them for discouraging people from playing this format. I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none. But that is a regional issue and should be saved for when I serve it raw on a silver plate.

Wizards has once again turned a blind eye towards us. Although it is not fully like the 2008 season (with no Legacy GPs or Championship Coverage whatsoever), but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
11-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Huh. MercenaryBDU seems to have made an angry and irrational post condemning Wizards' behavior in some matter, while describing himself as the sole voice in the wilderness defending Legacy against the vast and malicious conspiracy attempting to destroy it.

Well, I never.

Wargoos
11-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Legacy just in the States - that sucks.
Well, i was about to visit my guestparents in Iowa but that would be in summer.
Hate.

n00bas4urus_r3x
11-20-2008, 03:01 AM
I might have to start playing magic again for this...

Aggro_zombies
11-20-2008, 03:14 AM
We got one <hand clap>, but Extended got four again <breaking the beer bottle> and <Sean Hanity tone> possible a six events!

Fair and Balance, they say. I know Flores and BDM are going to say their usual "unfair" BS about the format to discourage people from playing this format. They do it all the time when it comes tp our community, it's written all over their writing without a formal apology to the community.

I have every right and reason to criticize and yell "FOUL PLAY!" to them for discouraging people from playing this format. I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none. But that is a regional issue and should be saved for when I serve it raw on a silver plate.

Wizards has once again turned a blind eye towards us. Although it is not fully like the 2008 season (with no Legacy GPs or Championship Coverage whatsoever), but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.
You live in San Fransisco, right?

Don't ever come to Eudemonia on a Friday. I might not be able to stop the RAGE.

Also, boo at being in a far-away city when I'm planning on being in grad school. Though, if I get into Madison, it won't be that far...

Artowis
11-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Oh please, my post wasn't that bad. I was merely stating my opinion that MercBDU makes me sigh in disgust that somebody so stupid lived in my general area. Aggro Zombies clearly shares the love there.

Frenger
11-20-2008, 03:31 AM
1. Who wants to form the European contingent to attend this?

2. Who wants to sponser it? ;)

Seriously though Americans, make this good so we'll get more next year, and maybe one in Europe.

matelml
11-20-2008, 03:34 AM
Damn, I really want to go, but I 'm not sure I can since I live in The Netherlands and am still in highschool (means I don't have that much money to just fly over there). I'll try though.
Edit: Ok, I don't think I can pay ~500 euro for the flight, so I'll need to wait for an European GP.

Aggro_zombies
11-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Oh please, my post wasn't that bad. I was merely stating my opinion that MercBDU makes me sigh in disgust that somebody so stupid lived in my general area. Aggro Zombies clearly shares the love there.
I live across the San Francisco Bay from him. Just out of curiosity, where are you?

EDIT: I should add that Eudemonia is the large card shop/gaming center just off of the University of California, Berkeley campus. It draws a large crowd from all over the Bay Area, so it's conceivable I could have met him before. Mental (the user) also goes there, as did a guy who has since moved to go to school at Haverford (can't remember his user name...Kronicler?).

Rood
11-20-2008, 03:49 AM
OH MY...a GP Legacy event?! Damn I hope I can make it sounds like fun!

Wobbles The Goose
11-20-2008, 03:52 AM
How does it make since to not have the Hanover, Germany event be Legacy as well? The two events come one week after the other. You could almost get actual metagame results if you had GPTs on both sides of the Atlantic to look at. A real missed opportunity.

Skeggi
11-20-2008, 04:53 AM
I think this GP agenda is a typical example how Wizards make sure stuff is best for them, not for the Magic players. I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't come to Europe, but hey, I wouldn't really expect such a noble act from Wizards.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
11-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Actually, Legacy events tend to get better attendance in Europe, so I can't say that the move seems cynically practical.

frogboy
11-20-2008, 05:10 AM
I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none.

East Coast GPs pull in about double the attendance of West Coast GPs.

I'm going to LA already, so I'm not sure if I'll make Chicago.

Unrelated note: shotgun GP Seattle.

DeathScythe
11-20-2008, 05:39 AM
OMG the legacy grand prix is on my birthday, so why don't we just do it in my backyard?

citanul
11-20-2008, 05:41 AM
organising it in the US, where Legacy has a lower attendance is actually good. Most M:tg players see that a GP is closeby, read what type it is and see Legacy. Maybe we'll attract more players that way?

All I can say is! Yay, legacy.
Just need a plain ticket now.

Eldariel
11-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Wrong friggin' continent. Again. We haven't had once in Europe since...y'know, the biggest out of the bunch.

Artowis
11-20-2008, 05:52 AM
East Coast GPs pull in about double the attendance of West Coast GPs.

I'm going to LA already, so I'm not sure if I'll make Chicago.

Unrelated note: shotgun GP Seattle.

TBF, I'm not sure how true this is anymore. GP:SJ had 700 peeps, which is pretty respectable. That said, it certainly makes a bit more sense to hold the majority of GP's on the east coast.

I live across the San Francisco Bay from him. Just out of curiosity, where are you?

I'm in Fremont. I used to play at Eudo for the Vintage events and occasional draft. Now I mostly hit up the new store Superstars got in SJ. With gas dropping it's cheaper than BART and less of a hassle trying to time my comings and goings with the really late trains.

Cabal-kun
11-20-2008, 06:19 AM
-snip rant-

Either put up, or shut up. Do something about it, or hold your tongue.

Can we get some people from The Source in the Top 8? Please?

caiomarcos
11-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Yay for Legacy GP!
Yay for GP Sao Paulo!

spirit of the wretch
11-20-2008, 07:01 AM
HATE!
*insert random whining about another american Legacy GP and how Wizards never cares about european Legacy and how there would be a much higher attendance here and how unfair the world is and how the world is a bad place and noone loves nobody anymore*

Anyway, congratulations! Go get testing and break the format =)

That kid you all hate
11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
I look forward to reading about this, but I am 99% not going. Still good that they gave us a GP this year.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
11-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Although I'm obviously glad to have it closer, considering both the much larger Legacy scene in Europe and the fact that they haven't had a GP since Lille, I have to admit that it probably should have been in Europe.

That being said, sucks to be you, etc.

Adan
11-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Damn, I really want to go, but I 'm not sure I can since I live in The Netherlands and am still in highschool (means I don't have that much money to just fly over there). I'll try though.
Edit: Ok, I don't think I can pay ~500 euro for the flight, so I'll need to wait for an European GP.

True dat.

It's not fair that there's again no Legacy GP in Europe. Back in 2005, GP Lille
was as twice as big as the one in Philly. I'd also say that Europe's Legacy-community is slightly bigger than the one in the States (which might be because Vintage is still popular in the US while it's dying here) and that we have more tournaments in general (well, that's what deckcheck.net tells me).

MIMIMIMIMI! -.-

TheInfamousBearAssassin
11-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Europe seems to be fucking wallowing in 60+ person Legacy tournaments. It's not just you. I guess they're going to use Columbus as a gauge? Although Lille was still slightly larger. And had a mush smaller Gadiel Szleifer turnout.

God, you know, that makes me realize just what a small scene we have. WTF, people? Recruit more Legacy players.

Nightmare
11-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, I guess I'm going to Chicago next year.

Lifeless
11-20-2008, 08:07 AM
And had a mush smaller Gadiel Szleifer turnout.

I know that was a typo, but I laughed because I call him Bitter Beer Face.

Jaynel
11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
I've always wanted to visit Chicago.

Edit: AND I HAVE A BREAK FROM SCHOOL THAT STARTS 3/6! Definitely looking good right now.

emidln
11-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Look at that, a legacy GP I can make it to. Cya there.

georgjorge
11-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Considering the attention they're paying Europe when it comes to those things, I fully expect to have Legacy GPs in Sweetwater, Springfield or Winnemucca before Rome, Madrid or Berlin.

Nihil Credo
11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Totally wrong side of the Atlantic. The only silver lining is that I was almost expecting no Legacy GP at all.

On a separate note, wanna take guesses on the contents of the February 2009 Oracle update?

goobafish
11-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Urg. I wanted it to be somewhere I hadn't been before. Anyways, with any luck I will be at this thing.

quicksilver
11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I will be there.

godryk
11-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I would have travelled to almost any place here in Europe... :frown:

Anyway I'm happy for you americans, as Legacy seemed to get fewer attendance there while here we're having a growing amount of DtB-relevant events every month. For example, here in Spain we have three monthly leagues (Cataluña, Madrid, Valencia) with usual DtB size so I think we can't complaint... but an european Legacy GP would have been totally awesome.

quicksilver
11-20-2008, 10:10 AM
I too was actually kinda hoping it was in Europe, so I'd have an excuse to take a trip there.

Van Phanel
11-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Damnit.

Anyway, make the best of it.

Nightmare
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I too was actually kinda hoping it was in Europe, so I'd have an excuse to take a trip there.

Goaswerfraiejen
11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
...too far to be worth it.

Van Phanel
11-20-2008, 10:20 AM
ebookers (http://www.ebookers.de/shop/airsearch?type=air&ar.type=roundTrip&ar.rt.leaveSlice.orig.key=frankfurt&_ar.rt.leaveSlice.railAndFlySelected=0&ar.rt.leaveSlice.dest.key=Chicago&_ar.rt.flexAirSearch=0&ar.rt.leaveSlice.date=06.03.09&ar.rt.leaveSlice.time=Anytime&ar.rt.returnSlice.date=09.03.09&ar.rt.returnSlice.time=Anytime&ar.rt.numAdult=1&ar.rt.numChild=0&ar.rt.child%5B0%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B1%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B2%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B3%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B4%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B5%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B6%5D=&ar.rt.child%5B7%5D=&_ar.rt.nonStop=0&_ar.rt.narrowSel=0&ar.rt.narrow=airlines&ar.rt.carriers%5B0%5D=&ar.rt.carriers%5B1%5D=&ar.rt.carriers%5B2%5D=&ar.rt.cabin=C&search=Fl%C3%BCge+suchen)

Hm, 413,05 €

This is really tempting but unfortunately I don't have the money currently. Maybe after Christmas.

Edit: Is there the possibility of getting a place to sleep at a Sourcer's? Because I am seriously considering this at the moment.

Swing4Five
11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Hmm, $350 for just the plane ticket if I booked now, but close to the end of the semester and I'll probably have blown the money I'm banking right now on co-op. I'll have to wait and see.

quicksilver
11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
For a second i thought that link said ehookers, and I was like OMG you can get those online now?!

rockout
11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Anyone from the source that top 8s needs to show the love by wearing a source hat, using a source playmat, or wearing a source t-shirt. I really want to go to this.

Ectoplasm
11-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Pretty cool, even though you can't leave it up to WotC to actually care about Legacy at least they gave Legacy a GP.
Not that I'll be attending or anything, but it's still kind of nice I guess. You can't expect wotc to care more about Legacy than about cashcows like standard or limited :/

jazzykat
11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
I will attempt to make this.

KillemallCFH
11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I will try. If any Massholes wanna make plans to get to this, I'm down (assuming I get a job soon).

Bryant Cook
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Imma do this! Be prepared for E!TESBRUW2k8.

J.V.
11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm down for this, if people are getting a hotel that I can split costs with and crash at let me know.

Mulletus
11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Great, now I need to get to 1900 again....

Maybe I'll set a new personal best, and get above 30th. I hate you Flash.

mackaber
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Too bad. Was really hoping they'd rotate Legacy GP's between continents I'd really like to go to the PT again...

Mayk0l
11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Chicago?
That's no good.

I want a Legacy GP in Amsterdam goddamnit! Although we did get a 2HD one, which was pretty fucking awesome. Went 0-6-1 with my friend. We didn't even know the rules or the cards. I do recall we passed on some insanely sick cards and then got crap back. Bah.

Di
11-20-2008, 02:19 PM
<-- Stoked.

Well, I guess I'm going to Chicago next year.

Let's start looking for plane tickets.

Imma do this! Be prepared for E!TESBRUW2k8.

That's 2k9.

dahcmai
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Well, for the first time (aside from that Flash debacle) in a long time, a good Legacy tournament near me. Guess I'll be showing up for the first time since hmmm, I guess it was 95 or so since I played in a large tourney bigger than 40 people.

See you there.

Has anyone been to this place where it's going to be held before? I don't know the area so I was wondering what are decent hotels and such. I refuse to stay in some rats nest.

cdr
11-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Plane tickets from Rochester look to be $250+. You can also take the train from Roch/Syracuse straight to Chicago for ~$100.

Whit3 Ghost
11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Imma do this! Be prepared for E!TESBRUW2k9.
Fixed, fool.

Atwa
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Damn, no one in Europe and the one in the US is too early to save for, now I'm on my own. I'll still try to make it if someone had place to crash, but I guess I'll have to sit this one out.

Afro
11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Norm and I want in on this. Now the only hard part will be to convince P_R to go so we can pick his ass up on the way out there.

That kid you all hate
11-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I might look into taking a train, which seems like the best way for me to go, but I doubt it.

Jaynel
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Is the best means of transportation from anywhere (not just Syracuse/upstate) by train?

troopatroop
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
We could all end up on the same train. I would probably pick it up in Rochester. We'd get alot of playtesting in.

cdr
11-20-2008, 04:24 PM
The easiest/fastest but most expensive is flying; the train is a decent middle ground, assuming you're on a main amtrak line; driving is a little faster (and probably similar in cost to the train?), but requires more effort.

That should apply to the northeast, anyway.

Xero
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Yay, we finally get another Legacy GP. Only about a 7 hr. drive away for me, which is certainly do-able.

jazzykat
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
On a more serious note, when there is a GP is there information like what is the best airport to fly into, if there is a hotel that has an event rate, and basic travel information such as that?

BTW besides smashing face what are we playing for?

Also, since my eternal rating as of today is 1902 do I get byes or Ninja points or something?

mercenarybdu
11-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Huh. MercenaryBDU seems to have made an angry and irrational post condemning Wizards' behavior in some matter, while describing himself as the sole voice in the wilderness defending Legacy against the vast and malicious conspiracy attempting to destroy it.

Well, I never.

In General, I am not. But when it comes to broadcasting for this format and engaging against them, I am only one of a few or at times viewed as a one person crusade against the masses.

I am doing what I am doing just because there was something wrong.

When something is wrong, it's up to you the ordinary person to speak up and do something to make that difference. I did and made it relevant that what Wizards is doing is not fair and balanced.

I even went as far as getting Zac Hill's unedited opinions about the matter in the following Interview I did with him. Take a listen to what he has to say from the questions I have put on the table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Mslyh90wg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RRLA6Hy8Q

TrialByFire
11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Is the best means of transportation from anywhere (not just Syracuse/upstate) by train?

You thinking what I'm thinking? I'm about to go see the prices for a train ticket from New Haven. We can get a room with Tom and the other Mass peoples?

EDIT: New Haven doesn't run to Chicago :cry: Didn't really think that one through. I don't really think that I can make this anyways. God Dammit. Let have a GP New York or something

KillemallCFH
11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
You thinking what I'm thinking? I'm about to go see the prices for a train ticket from New Haven. We can get a room with Tom and the other Mass peoples?Count me in on this. I'm not sure how much train tickets are, but I think this should be within my budget.

EDIT: @Your EDIT: Damn.

cdr
11-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Even getting the full GP schedule this early is a miracle. It's entirely possible the people running it don't even know where it's going to be at this point. Last I heard they don't even know what city GP LA is going to be in, and that's two months before Chicago.

On a more serious note, when there is a GP is there information like what is the best airport to fly into, if there is a hotel that has an event rate, and basic travel information such as that?

BTW besides smashing face what are we playing for?

Also, since my eternal rating as of today is 1902 do I get byes or Ninja points or something?

Swing4Five
11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Amtrak Boston -> Chicago: $83, Nice!

.....................22hours 50 minutes, say whaaaa?

KillemallCFH
11-20-2008, 05:24 PM

.....................22hours 50 minutes, say whaaaa?The fuck? Is someone pushing the train there?

Well, regardless, that's a pretty good price. If we could get a decently sized group to go, the ride wouldn't be too bad. We'd certainly have plenty of time to do some testing.

J.V.
11-20-2008, 05:34 PM
The fuck? Is someone pushing the train there?

Well, regardless, that's a pretty good price. If we could get a decently sized group to go, the ride wouldn't be too bad. We'd certainly have plenty of time to do some testing.

Yeah I'd be interested in going, and I know at least two more from the cape that will go. We'll have to make this happen.

Jaynel
11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh damn, that would be awesome. A 22 hour playtesting session would be the stone cold nuts.

cdr
11-20-2008, 05:41 PM

There's a student discount you can get too, if you happen to be a student - last time I took Amtrak, it was like 20% (but required a membership card and so ended up only being like 5% for that trip). I think there's a AAA discount or something also.

From Rochester the train is 12 hours, which is only two more than driving. Driving from Boston is 16 hours.

Frenger
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
In General, I am not. But when it comes to broadcasting for this format and engaging against them, I am only one of a few or at times viewed as a one person crusade against the masses.

I am doing what I am doing just because there was something wrong.

When something is wrong, it's up to you the ordinary person to speak up and do something to make that difference. I did and made it relevant that what Wizards is doing is not fair and balanced.

I even went as far as getting Zac Hill's unedited opinions about the matter in the following Interview I did with him. Take a listen to what he has to say from the questions I have put on the table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Mslyh90wg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RRLA6Hy8Q

I stopped listening when he said that Legacy is mostly an American scene. He obviously didn't know what he was talking about.

Lets take a look at October, courtesy of the DTB section on these forums:

Utrecht, The Netherlands 40 players
Iserlohn, Germany 59 players
Quiemada Paris 39 Players
Asti, Italy 90 Players
Bourgoin Jallieu, France 44 Players
Trader-Liga Duelmen, Germany 68 Players
La Maquina del Temps, Spain 96 Players
Dragons League, Italy 40 Players
GP Paris 2008 Legacy Side Event 109 players.
Legacy League Moscow, Russia 37 players
Hassloch, Germany 50 Players
Ancient Memory Convention, Akihabara, Japan 53 players
Liga Valenciana de Legacy, Spain 41 players

Versus:

5 Year Source Anniversary, USA 127 players

Swing4Five
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Keep in mind both that price tag and travel time are one way, but I'm entertaining the possiblity.

Afro
11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Don't ride trains much so am curious about something. Say I grab the train from Albany, would the train eventually pick up players in the Cuse/Rochester area if they are leaving on the same day? Never ridden a train so don't know if they stop at every stop or have certain trains go straight to the destination.

Jaynel
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I was looking at some schedules, and depending on when/where they depart from, they make some stops. What happens at these stops exactly (more people getting on, some people getting off), I'm not sure.

cdr
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Don't ride trains much so am curious about something. Say I grab the train from Albany, would the train eventually pick up players in the Cuse/Rochester area if they are leaving on the same day? Never ridden a train so don't know if they stop at every stop or have certain trains go straight to the destination.

Yep, assuming you catch the same train. The Lake Shore Limited (http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Route/Horizontal_Route_Page&c=am2Route&cid=1081256321961&ssid=133) runs through Albany/Syracuse/Rochester, trains 49/449 to and 48/448 back. You could probably call them for help to make sure you get the right trains. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find each other (have someone get out I guess) and get space in the same car - the seating in coach isn't assigned.

I was looking at some schedules, and depending on when/where they depart from, they make some stops. What happens at these stops exactly (more people getting on, some people getting off), I'm not sure.

Yep, any of the trains are going to have many stops, although Chicago is the end/beginning of the line for the Lake Shore Limited. I've taken the train to Chicago from Rochester twice. I seem to recall "limited" meaning that it doesn't make as many stops, but I could be wrong.

socialite
11-20-2008, 07:05 PM

Id be so down for that.

Tosh
11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Amtrak Seattle -> Chicago: $150

46 hours.

You guys have nothing to complain about.

frogboy
11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Tosh: how much are flights?

Tosh
11-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Tosh: how much are flights?

$500 from United

AngryTroll
11-20-2008, 07:38 PM
$500 from United

Fail. I just Orbitzed it at $320ish for United or Alaska, leaving Thursday and back Sunday.

goobafish
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Why is it so expensive? It is only $293 Canadian from Toronto round trip.

Tosh
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
$500 from United

This is round trip.

EDIT: It seems going to United's site for a price was a bad idea. Expedia and Orbitz have much lower prices (Orbitz: United flight is $275).

EDIT2: This is the weekend right before finals week... man, it's going to suck either way (I'm not going to be able to procrastinate /cry).

scrumdogg
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
The train actually takes you into the city instead of leaving you at O'Hare outside the city (not counting the possibility of winter weather seriously fucking with your flight...). Also, driving to Columbus was a vastly uncomfortable, draining, looooong process...Chicago is even farther from New England. And Atwa, you get yer European ass to Chicago & you can crash in whatever hotel room I'm using.

On the understandable disappointment of the European contingent - harness that and let WOTC know! If they get leventy billion emails & forum posts showing a demand for a European Legacy GP, there is no reason that they might not add one for their summer 'extras' such as they ran this year. But it needs to be a significant outcry and in time for them to realize their mistake & rectify it. On a related note, ha-ha!

umbowta
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Holy shit! Chicago!!! I sooo hope I can go to this one. I have alot of family in the area so it could be nice and cheap too.

Pinder
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Holy shit! Chicago!!! I sooo hope I can go to this one. I have alot of family in the area so it could be nice and cheap too.

Dibs on umbowta's family's couch.

Atwa
11-20-2008, 08:33 PM
And Atwa, you get yer European ass to Chicago & you can crash in whatever hotel room I'm using.

If only I didn't get divorced last month, so I have to pay the mortgage for a whole house myself and thus had the money to do so, I would. Even if it was in september instead of march, I could have saved up enough to make the trip.

However, I'm still going to look for a way to make it. Missed Philly since I thought I could make it to France. Missed that because I needed to go lay in a hospital for 2.5 weeks. Missed Columbus since I didn't want to spend a fortune on GP: Flash and even recently the Source tourey because of parents in law coming to Holland for 2 weeks.

It seems God doesn't want me to come to the US to take away all your price money. God must be American.

I'll try however to get a loan with my parents or something however, so don't count me out just yet.

T is for TOOL
11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
$500 from United

I've been told (by people 'in the know' working with our company at a travel agency) that the cheapest ticket prices occur 14-21 days before the flight itself. I don't know how true this rule holds, but it's something to consider.

mercenarybdu
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I stopped listening when he said that Legacy is mostly an American scene. He obviously didn't know what he was talking about.

Lets take a look at October, courtesy of the DTB section on these forums:

Utrecht, The Netherlands 40 players
Iserlohn, Germany 59 players
Quiemada Paris 39 Players
Asti, Italy 90 Players
Bourgoin Jallieu, France 44 Players
Trader-Liga Duelmen, Germany 68 Players
La Maquina del Temps, Spain 96 Players
Dragons League, Italy 40 Players
GP Paris 2008 Legacy Side Event 109 players.
Legacy League Moscow, Russia 37 players
Hassloch, Germany 50 Players
Ancient Memory Convention, Akihabara, Japan 53 players
Liga Valenciana de Legacy, Spain 41 players

Versus:

5 Year Source Anniversary, USA 127 players

I knew he was partially wrong on the international part (if you listened to the whole thing). But I wanted to hear what he had to say on the matter to see if how much of a gap there was between the Eternal crowd and the PTQ/FNM crowd. Think of it as someone who has watched too much FOX NEWS.

Prior to that recording, I spoiled to him some sources about the European Scene and whatever I could find on the APAC scene (that included that Ashenmoor thread link).

I need more of our own people in the community to engage in doing video work for this format and post them on YouTube with Legacy in the tags. T2 dominates the YouTube landscape while Legacy only takes up 2 pages on a basic search.

umbowta
11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Dibs on umbowta's family's couch.

Cousins, second cousins, or Uncles couch?

I just checked the University of Michigan website...looks like Spring break in Chicago this year for sure.

Corg
11-20-2008, 09:24 PM
As a 6' 4" guy who's taken the Amtrak from Syracuse to Chicago and back - the Lake Shore Limited, even! - here's some advice:

The train is an overnight trip - it rolls out of Syracuse at about 9 - 10 PM, and gets into downtown Chicago at 10 AM. Except the train may be late. And that the train may get into Chicago closer to Noon. And that if you're over 6 feet tall, you will be uncomfortable in your seat.

So, you'll need to leave Thursday evening. Enjoy your Friday afternoon in Chicago. The train coming back is an overnight trip, too. Enjoy your Monday afternoon in Syracuse.

The best place for damn-sleep-we're-playing-cards is probably the lounge car. They tend to pack you in like sardines in coach, so getting seats near each other will be tough. Never hurts to ask, though.

The best, best way to get to Chicago (I think) is to conspire with a friend to get a Viewliner Roomette (http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am2/am2Popup&accomm=Viewliner%20Roomette). It costs $240 (or so) one way, which isn't cheap, but it comes with a USA today, bottled water, a sink/toilet in the room, and meals in the dining car, and you can split it with a friend, since there's two beds. (It would be about $400 round-trip from Upstate NY.) While you're not sleeping, you can fold a table down and watch America roll by. It's the Romance of the Rails, though, that will be priceless.

cdr
11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Screw $240 one way, that's the price of a round-trip plane ticket.

Afro
11-20-2008, 09:27 PM
It's the Romance of the Rails, though, that will be priceless.

BJs?

Pinder
11-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Cousins, second cousins, or Uncles couch?

How many of the aforementioned are hot, single females?

Tosh
11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Cousins, second cousins, or Uncles couch? How many of the aforementioned are hot, single females?

o.O

Jak
11-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Guys I think you all owe MercenaryBDU a thanks. His video work and his ongoing struggle against WotC got us this GP. I don't even want to think of where we would be without his videos of how to shuffle, blogs on his obscure decks, or his rants. Thank you MercenaryBDU! Legacy owes you a high-five.

Sanguine Voyeur
11-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I want to go to this, but I'm feeling very frugal right now. What's the structure for a GP? Is it just one big thing like the Source Five Year Tourney?
T2 dominates the YouTube landscape while Legacy only takes up 2 pages on a basic search.So?

DalkonCledwin
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.
Considering that Vintage didn't get any Grand Prix's I am happy that Legacy even got one Grand Prix. It is a step in the right direction in my personal opinion. Not to mention 2009 is the beginning of when the rating systems will be merged and people will start seeing their ratings in the eternal format affect whether they get invites to major events like worlds.

As for me going to the Grand Prix, I am hoping to get to go to this. Unfortunately it doesn't look to promising right at this instant.

Jak
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
I can't go to this but still, fuck yeah! I expect people to bring their laptops and report after day one is up.

AngryTroll
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I can't go to this....

A stunning revelation from Portland's premier Event-Not-Making-Champion leaves the Legacy community beside itself in, well, stunned-ness!

Jak
11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
A stunning revelation from Portland's premier Event-Not-Making-Champion leaves the Legacy community beside itself in, well, stunned-ness!

Lawl I'll see you soon hopefully. You just want to see my beautiful face again.

AngryTroll
11-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Lawl I'll see you soon hopefully. You just want to see my beautiful face again.

Is your <adjective> face still playing mono-white control? Cause I could save you a $500 plane ticket and beat that deck up here in town.

jk West Coast love.

Jak
11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Is your <adjective> face still playing mono-white control? Cause I could save you a $500 plane ticket and beat that deck up here in town.

jk West Coast love.

Hell yes I still play with Rabid Wombat. I could never give that deck up, but I still do play with other stuff when I feel like beating stuff other than Goblins :(.

Edit- Woooo GP! Back on track.

Nihil Credo
11-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Screw $240 one way, that's the price of a round-trip plane ticket.
I understand it's for two people though.

umbowta
11-21-2008, 07:03 AM
How many of the aforementioned are hot, single females?

Actually, one is

DeathwingZERO
11-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Amtrak Seattle -> Chicago: $150

46 hours.

You guys have nothing to complain about.

That actually sounds very promising. Just under 2 days of travel time, not needing to swap drivers or crash at hotels, and not dealing with airlines and bullshit like that. Not to mention, 46 hours is not only an insane amount of time for playtesting, but also provides plenty of time for sleep or Nintendo DS shenanigans.

I may have to start looking into this at some point. Like, when I'm out of debt.

Bryant Cook
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Suck it up ladies. Go! We should all go just because they are having a Legacy GP in this year.

yawg07
11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah I'm going to HAVE to get there and I'll be along with Ohio's Legacy crew.

Shawn
11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Hopefully I'll be able to go, since it's around a five hour drive from where I'm at.

irrelevant
11-21-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah i will definitely be there since it's about a 10 min drive from where i am. if anyone is looking for a place to crash i should have room for a few people.

Swing4Five
11-21-2008, 11:36 AM
...10 min drive...

You sure you'll be able to make the effort to roll out of bed? :rolleyes:

Free sleeping space is going to be awesome for however many you can fit.

Also on that note, are people going to join up and shove as many people as possible into a hotel room for those that don't find a free crash spot?

Pinder
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Also on that note, are people going to join up and shove as many people as possible into a hotel room for those that don't find a free crash spot?

I'm assuming that various groups of friends/teams (Unicorn, Ninjas, EPIC, etc.) are going to be going in on hotel rooms, and I'm sure that even if you're going alone you can probably still find someone here in this thread to split a hotel room with. Everyone loves cheaper hotel rates.

MULocke
11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'm going to HAVE to get there and I'll be along with Ohio's Legacy crew.

Ohio has a legacy crew? I was unaware of this outside a few people in Cincinnati (myself included). Where is Rittman, anyway?

For you guys on the fence about going, we need to make sure this GP has a good turnout to make sure Wizards wants to do another next year. I don't remember the turnout from GP: Flash, but I know a lot of people that didn't go because of flash, and next thing you know it's 2008 and there's no gp.

yawg07
11-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Ohio has a legacy crew? I was unaware of this outside a few people in Cincinnati (myself included). Where is Rittman, anyway?

For you guys on the fence about going, we need to make sure this GP has a good turnout to make sure Wizards wants to do another next year. I don't remember the turnout from GP: Flash, but I know a lot of people that didn't go because of flash, and next thing you know it's 2008 and there's no gp.

There were about 800+ people at the 07 Legacy GP, if I remember correctly.

I live in Rittman/Orrville, but we all play in Wadsworth. It is the Cleveland/Akron region.
We're a decent chunk of Ohio's Top 20 :D
We do Legacy twice a week, usually having 16+ player 5 rounders on Wednesdays, and 10+ player 4 rounders on Fridays.

5 Jordan Benson 1873 Clinton, OH, United States
7 Joseph m. George 1864 fairlawn, OH, United States
8 Nathan W. Budney 1853 Wadsworth, OH, United States
8 Anthony M. Morris 1853 Canal Fulton, OH, United States
11 Jonathan Benson 1832 Clinton, OH, United States
13 Gus Schade 1830 Rittman, OH, United States (me! w00t lol)
14 John W. Pryor 1818 Fairlawn, OH, United States
15 Mike (Smitty) Smith 1814 Akron, OH, United States
16 Adam M. Yurchick 1804 Mentor, OH, United States
19 Vince D. Diocedo 1797 Canal Fulton, OH, United States
20 John A. Wiley 1793 Wadsworth, OH, United States

irrelevant
11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
You sure you'll be able to make the effort to roll out of bed? :rolleyes:

Free sleeping space is going to be awesome for however many you can fit.

haha well for a GP I think i can make the effort.

Yeah i don't know how many i can fit but i know what its like to be broke and traveling for magic so i will try to get as many as i can.

URABAHN
11-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm assuming that various groups of friends/teams (Unicorn) are going to be going in on hotel rooms

Are you certain someone would want to room with Unicorns? You may go blind.

Tosh
11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Are you certain someone would want to room with Unicorns? You may go blind.

I think he means that there will be a "Unicorns room", a "'Ninjas room", etc. at some hotel.

Pinder
11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I think he means that there will be a "Unicorns room", a "'Ninjas room", etc. at some hotel.

Or even at different hotels. What I was saying is that teams are likely banding together already for hotel rooms.

And what happens in the Unicorn hotel room, stays in the Unicorn hotel room.

Tosh
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
And what happens in the 'Ninja hotel room, stays in the 'Ninja hotel room.

Fixt.

Jaynel
11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Or even at different hotels. What I was saying is that teams are likely banding together already for hotel rooms.

And what happens in the Unicorn hotel room, stays in the Unicorn hotel room.

Ninjas you control have "Bands with Unicorns"?

Tacosnape
11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Damn, yo. I need to get a group from the southeast to go to this shit with me. Damn all Legacy players not living nearby.

I second this question, since my eternal rating is 2005.

EDIT: Oh, and, my penis is bigger than everyone else's, too.

Brad Herbig
11-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I am definitely there. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Van Phanel
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Rating > 1800 => 1 BYE
Rating > 1900 => 2 BYEs
Rating > 2000 => 3 BYEs

Nihil Credo
11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
EDIT: Oh, and, my penis is bigger than everyone else's, too.
Your mother says otherwise.

It's not everyday that you get to make two obvious jokes in one.

revenge_inc
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Rating > 1800 => 1 BYE
Rating > 1900 => 2 BYEs
Rating > 2000 => 3 BYEs
This should be the case because it's what was done in Columbus (Constructed or Eternal-the highest of the two).

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/grandprix/columbus07

@ Taco if you go to the Memphis tournament and lose to a single scrub you might lose your 3 byes. :tongue:

frogboy
11-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Fixt.

definitely not staying with you guys :o

Adan
11-21-2008, 06:02 PM

Rather one more enemy than mising a good punchline, eh?

Jak
11-21-2008, 08:28 PM

So while you were having sexual intercourse with Tacosnape's mother (I think that's what you were going for), you were talking about his penis size?

herbig
11-22-2008, 06:43 AM
I am definitely there. Looking forward to seeing you all.

You mustn't soil the name. Do us herbigs proud!

Bardo
11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
So while you were having sexual intercourse with Tacosnape's mother (I think that's what you were going for), you were talking about his penis size?

I believe Nihil was going for the incest angle. Taco lives in Alabama after all, where incest is presumably rampant.

Nice use of invisitext, btw.

MattH
11-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Train rides bllloooowwww, but having a passel of Magic players to test with might turn that around.

RoddyVR
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Well i guess this decides when i'm gonna go see the grand canyon next year... just have to decide if i want the GP on the return trip, or on the trip out.

Mictlantecuhtli
11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I was planning to fly to Mexico in February. After checking flight prices i happily discovered that returning to the UK via Chicago isn't much more expensive than the regular UK-Mex-UK fare :)

So i guess i'll be there!

Swing4Five
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM
So I just signed up for my classes for the Spring, and realized looking it over that my next (and last [cross fingers]) semester is going to be a HUGE bitch... hopefully I'll still be able to do this.

KillemallCFH
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
My chances of making it to this just got significantly lower. My money now is going to have to go into repairing my mangled car. Hopefully I can still make it, though.

bigbear102
11-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Train rides bllloooowwww, but having a passel of Magic players to test with might turn that around.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Between being cheaper than a plane and more comfortable than a car, I like the train. We definitely need to get details about a schedule and which trains we need to book so as to have a huge magic contingent to make the ride a bit more bearable.

Shriekmaw
11-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll be making it out for this. There is no way I'm missing a Legacy GP which isn't that far away. I will probably travel there the same way a lot of other players in the area.

This is 4 months out, but its something I'm thinking about. Hopefully, this will be a good GP without any brokeness like GP: Columbus.

I agree with the notation that the train will be the cheapest way to get down there. The train has a lounge and dinning cart which makes the long trip much more enjoyable.

Let me know what the other players from Syracuse/Rochester are planning on doing on transportation and logging.

Team-Hero
11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Is anyone from California (San Diego/Los Angeles/Southern) planning to go? The train doesn't seem too bad but I don't want to go alone.

RoddyVR
11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
The Amtrack train going from Boston to Chicago (there's only one, going once a day) makes these stops:
see http://www.amtrak.com/timetable/oct08/P48.pdf for actual schedule, though i've been told that there's some changes going on at the first of the year (changing the sleeping cars to be going from boston insteadof/aswellas from NY). So there might be some changes then to the schedule.

Boston, MA (both South and BackBay stations) (leaves just before Noon)
Framingham
Worcester
Springfield
Pittsfield, MA
Albany-Rensselaer, NY (gets here at 5:35, leaves at 7:05)
Schenectady
Utica
Syracuse
Rochester
Buffalo-Depew, NY (leaves just before midnight)
Erie, PA
Cleveland, OH (Lakefront Station)
Elyria (Lorain)
Sandusky
Toledo
Bryan, OH (leaves just after 7am)
Waterloo, IN
Elkhart
South Bend, IN
Chicago, IL (Union Station) gets here at 9:45am.

It also has connecting (litteraly in one case) trains from:
New York, NY
Croton-Harmon, NY

Poughkeepsie, NY
Rhinecliff-Kingston, NY
Hudson, NY

A coworker who has taken this train dozens of times sais that while it can be late (she's been on an amtrack train that was 7 hours late), this one is prety reliable for time.
I'd probably say that if the tourny starts at about noon, and it isnt held too far from the station, then it would be safe to take this thing to arrive on day one of the tourny. If the GP starts at 10am, then it would have to be the train of the day before...which would suck a bit.

bigbear102
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I would never trust public transportation the day of a Grand Prix. I would plan on leaving Thursday night, getting there for the day on friday and being able to sight see in Chicago for the day, play in the grinders Friday night, and then be ready for Saturday. We also have to figure out the return train for Sunday.

Patrick
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM
As of current some players in the Southeastern Michigan area are looking to arrange carpools and rooming arrangements. Basically, the more people that can be crammed into a double occupancy hotel room, the better (just because you pay for a quad occupancy doesn't mean you get more space). If you're in the area and you want to get with us shoot me an email at patrick@haterhigh.com.

cdr
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd probably say that if the tourny starts at about noon, and it isnt held too far from the station, then it would be safe to take this thing to arrive on day one of the tourny. If the GP starts at 10am, then it would have to be the train of the day before...which would suck a bit.

The grinders will start at 3PM Friday. You would want to take the train that leaves Thursday, arrives Friday.

SuperBean
11-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I'll be there as well.. And like Bryant, probably playing T.E.S

SuicideKing
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
There will be a very large group of ICBM players at this event so yeah prepare to rack up some loses.

Janet
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Ooh, I will definitely be going to this. I doubt I'll have enough money for this and room so I'll be stuck taking the bus or train, ugh.

Resist_Temptation
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I will definately be getting myself and my friends to this one. I cannot believe that there is one legacy grand prixand it is within a couple hours xD sucks to be everyone who lives far away :tongue:

Shriekmaw
12-02-2008, 10:55 AM
There will be a very large group of ICBM players at this event so yeah prepare to rack up some loses.

FYI. Syracuse and Virigina will be showing up, so expect to get owned in the format that you pretend to play.

Arsenal
12-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I live in Milwaukee, WI, so I'll be there. Might be tempted to get a hotel room if there's going to be insane casuals in rooms before/after.

heroicraptor
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
The GP promo is Chrome Mox (http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7444/attachmentxo7.jpg).

RoddyVR
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
The grinders will start at 3PM Friday. You would want to take the train that leaves Thursday, arrives Friday.

Show's how much i know about how GPs run.

Could someone walk me through what i could expect the schedule to be like? Assume i'm a legacy addict, and will try to get into as much legacy playing in as possible.

For people (realisticly speaking like me) who wont make day 2, is it likely that there will be some legacy side event type deals to keep us entertained? Do the halls that these things are in close for the night or could i theoreticaly stay there the whole 60 hours that this thing is going?
Is it possible that there wont be enough legacy magic going on that i should finaly get around to building an EDH deck?

Also, when should i expect for the details of where excatly this thing is held to be available? I'd like to reserve the hotel/train tickets as soon as possible but dont want to find out after i do that the hotel i reserved is an hour away from the tourny.

Janet
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Do the halls that these things are in close for the night or could i theoreticaly stay there the whole 60 hours that this thing is going?

I'd like to know this as well. Since that's how I made it through H.O.P.E.

Pinder
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Do the halls that these things are in close for the night or could i theoreticaly stay there the whole 60 hours that this thing is going?

If I recall correctly, the convention center they held GP Columbus in closed down overnight. It would still depend on where they're holding this one, but my assumption is that you can't.

cdr
12-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Pro Tour halls sometimes/often stay open 24 hours, but GP halls usually close around midnight. Depending on the venue, it can vary from really expensive to remain open overnight (think $1000/hour) to free.

There have been GPs that stayed open 24 hours in the past, and people have in fact gone for the "sleep under a table" plan.

Wallace
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I have room for 1 or 2 more in my car, leaving from Syracuse. PM me if you are interested in splitting driving/hotel costs.

bigbear102
12-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Wallace, who is going with you? I know a lot of us from Cuse are going to take the train.

Finn
12-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Roddy, I'm all for free love and such. But I hope I don't run into you come hour 55 or so. You should be plenty ripe by then.

RoddyVR
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Roddy, I'm all for free love and such. But I hope I don't run into you come hour 55 or so. You should be plenty ripe by then.

As this thing will be part of a larger vacation for me, i actualy wouldnt consider the "stay at the hall" option for this tourny. If i was only going for the GP, i might have. I was more curious, if its likely that there will be people to play magic against for all 60 hours. If this place closes at midnight every night, then that would cut out probably like 9 hours of actual magic playing as its unlikely that many magic players would show up at 8am to the hall, but staying past 4 am is MUCH more likely (especialy for those that dont make day 2, but already have travel plans that include staying in chicago during day 2).

Fons
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Is anyone from MI going?

RoddyVR
12-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Dang it. Why isnt Wizards posting where exactly this thing is being held?
I'd like to start reserving the hotels and train tickets for my vacation, but if i dont know where in Chicago i need to be then i cant realy reserve a hotel there.

Is it possible that whoever is realy organizing it already knows all the details (or atleast the address) and its just wizards isnt posting the info on their site cause they're lazy bums?

Anyone know who it is that is usualy tasked with these sort of things in the chicago area?

cdr
12-18-2008, 01:51 PM
The TO is responsible for booking the venue, hotel, etc - not Wizards.

The TO (Pastimes, as far as I know) has not released any info, so all we can do is wait.

SuperBean
12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Fons, I met you at the Michigan States for Type 2. (You traded me a foil Fairy Macabre, and I was talking to you about playing T.E.S).

Myself, and atleast 8 of my buddies will be attending this.

Resist_Temptation
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I will be going with a group from michigan but were taking a train. It leaves from Holland i dont know if that helps.

NeXuS
12-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm from MI and going but fons already knows that :P. Cant wait!

NeXuS
12-22-2008, 12:32 AM
I will be going with a group from michigan but were taking a train. It leaves from Holland i dont know if that helps.

we'll be taking a train leaving from Lapeer, MI probbaly the same train.. lol

Solaran_X
12-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Any word on artists who may or may not be showing up for this GP?

Michael Keller
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm actually going to try and make this that weekend. I have to check with my command, but there's a possibility.

Mulletus
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I was just looking at the Grand Prix page and noticed that Eternal is not a rating that gets you a bye. It says Constructed/Total. It this a typo?

tubagiant89
01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I definitly will be going, seeing as I'm about an hour west of Chicago. Also, I can keep an eye on the Pastimes website and post info here if anybody else is not already doing so.

Irish_Mafia
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm going with at least 3 others maybe more.

AnwarA101
01-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Has Wizards released any information about the specific location of the event? The link on the first page only has a list of upcoming Grand Prixs. Is this information not available yet?

cdr
01-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Not yet. We're still three months out, it could be another month yet before there's anything.

I would expect it to be on pastimes.net (http://www.pastimes.net/) before wizards.com. Pastimes has a mailing list you can subscribe to, but I don't know how much they use it.

beastman
01-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I was just looking at the Grand Prix page and noticed that Eternal is not a rating that gets you a bye. It says Constructed/Total. It this a typo?

Grand prixs and such only go by constructed and limited ratings. As far as i know, eternal ratings have no point whatsoever. BTW I am making arrangements to top 8 this bitch. Will I see any of you there?

Leftconsin
01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Forget watching the website. Next time I'm at Pastimes I'll ask about why it hasn't been posted.

Bourgeoise
01-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Total rating takes into account the sanctioned legacy matches that you have played fyi.

cdr
01-09-2009, 01:13 AM

No typo. Since you get Total, no Legacy byes this time around.

They updated the PEIP with the thresholds for Total byes, btw - 1850 / 1950 / 2050.

goobafish
01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Woot. Total Byes>Eternal Byes, at least for me. Frowns on the threshold changes.

RoddyVR
01-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Forget watching the website. Next time I'm at Pastimes I'll ask about why it hasn't been posted.

Please do, and let us know what they say.

No typo. Since you get Total, no Legacy byes this time around.

They updated the PEIP with the thresholds for Total byes, btw - 1850 / 1950 / 2050.

dam... 1850... Dont think i'll be able to get that high. 1800 i had a shot (a small one, but a shot). Guess i'll just have to win a trial.

cdr
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Total ratings are higher on average than constructed/limited/composite/etc, so that's right where I expected them.

dam... 1850... Dont think i'll be able to get that high. 1800 i had a shot (a small one, but a shot). Guess i'll just have to win a trial.

Your Total is 1935, as far as I can see.

RoddyVR
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Your Total is 1935, as far as I can see.
think you might have me confused with someone... i get 1750 total and 1693 eternal.... unless i'm looking in the wrong place (would be a real nice surprise to find out i'm actualy at 1935...)
http://webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx

Edit: ye, i'm not Rodney.

cdr
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Ah, sorry. You just need to X-0 a 32k tournament like Rodney.

RoddyVR
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Ah, sorry. You just need to X-0 a 32k tournament like Rodney.

Not sure what a 32K tournament is, but i'm hoping that X-0ing the mox tournament tomorow in hadley would get me well on the way. And if it doesnt, then i wont feel bad for not pulling off the X-0 cause it wouldnt have helped all that much with the rating anyway.

umbowta
01-09-2009, 10:44 AM
think you might have me confused with someone... i get 1750 total and 1693 eternal.... unless i'm looking in the wrong place (would be a real nice surprise to find out i'm actualy at 1935...)
http://webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx

Edit: ye, i'm not Rodney.Mine is like 1795 total and 1723 eternal. I guess not playing often enough makes for a really slow ascent.

cdr
01-09-2009, 10:58 AM
K-value is the maximum points you can get per match win (ex 32), and half that (ex 16) is the average you get per match win (specifically, if your rating is about the same as your opponent's).

If there's decklists and significant prizes, a tournament is Competitive REL (Rules Enforcement Level). If a level 1 judge is HJ at Competitive REL, the k-value is 24k. If a level 2+ judge is HJ, the k-value is 32. The default value for tournaments is 16.

This is one of many really good reasons to push organizers to use sanctioned judges for competitive events.

http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Enhanced_KValue0904.pdf

aldaryn
01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you know where we can find info on GP trials leading up? Not the Friday grinders; usually there are GPTs in nearby locales (I'm thinking Indy, Detroit, Louisville, etc) in the weeks leading up, but I can't find any info.

RoddyVR
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Well Wizards aint posting any info yet, pasttimes' website has a list of events at the GP, but no details on its location or anything... however one of the events they have, the Pro Tour Honolulu Trial, has this info listed in its "poster":

Pro Tour–Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
2009 Qualifier
Illinois 3/8 2009
Extended Format

At Grand Prix Chicago
Schaumburg Convention Center
1551 N. Thoreau Dr.
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Registration 9am
10am start
Cost $25

Which assuming that this isnt info just randomly copied from some previous Chicago event, means we know that the GP is actualy like 24 miles outside of chicago... yuck for those of us not planning on driving there.

People going on the train(s) want to charter a bus to get us there from the trainstation?

scrumdogg
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Just got off the phone with Pastimes, spoke with a gentleman who stated it was down between (2) locations, and the decision should be finalized and posted by tomorrow. One had an attached hotel & the other had 'like twenty' hotels around it according to the gentleman on the phone. Now if only Wizards would get off their collective ass & post GPTs....since this is less than 2 months away...

MANMAN
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
For people worried about flight prices, check on Southwest Airlines. I was originally going Jetblue ($658, two tickets, round trip), but for about half the price I got to fly out of Hartford, CT as opposed to pain-in-the-ass JFK/LGA. My friend got a round trip out of Durham, NC for $89.

cdr
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I use kayak.com (http://www.kayak.com) - it searches every airline and every aggregator (orbitz, priceline, etc), and it has an amazing wealth of search options. You can tell it to search all nearby airports.

MANMAN
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I just got off the phone with a guy from Pastimes. He said it was at the Schaumberg Convention Center. The address and everything is on the Pastimes website.

Wrath_Of_Houlding
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Not going to lie...as someone who's lived in the area their entire life, that doesn't seem like the best place in Chicago for an international event such as this. It's probably a nice facility though...I'm just wondering if somewhere on the O'Hare campus would have been more convinient.

rockout
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Is there a group rate discount somewhere for the mariott connected to the convention center?

cdr
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Kayak search (http://www.kayak.com/hotels?hid=&location=Schaumburg%2C+IL&citycode=20805&rooms=1&rating=0&checkin_date=03/6/2009&checkout_date=03/9/2009&travelers=1&lat=42.0624885&long=-88.0417704&address=1551 N. Thoreau Dr. &searchType=A&action=dohotels)

It looks like the Homestead is the cheapest by far, $60 or less a night but 2.4 mi from the convention center (Kayak says 0.8 mi but that seems to be wrong).

I would call/email Pastimes and ask if they're setting up a group rate at the Mariott.

RoddyVR
01-21-2009, 09:47 AM
For those planning on taking the train to chicago, i've had an email conversation with the amtrack people and the parts that might interest some of you are:

In response to "what if 100s of magic players try to take the same train"

If there are no seats left to reserve then the passenger will not be able to travel on that train because it is sold out. Unfortunately, we would not add another car.
and in response to "what if i scrub out day one and decide not to stick around for day 2"

A reservation must be made for a specific day and a specific time. Unfortunately, we do not have open tickets. Changes can be made by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL.

kabal
01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
I just got off the phone with a guy from Pastimes. He said it was at the Schaumberg Convention Center. The address and everything is on the Pastimes website.

I just got off the phone with the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and they did not have any magic related event for March 6-8th. Maybe Pastimes has not booked it yet?

rockout
01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I looked on the pastimes website and it says the hotel is 99.99 a night at the hotel connected to the Schaumberg Convention Center.

cdr
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I looked on the pastimes website and it says the hotel is 99.99 a night at the hotel connected to the Schaumberg Convention Center.

I called the hotel; the desk/reservation staff had no knowledge of the GP or the GP room rate. I called Pastimes, they said they submitted their contract a few days ago so the hotel should have the info, but promised to get it resolved today.

Nightmare
01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Let's assume that this place is where the GP is being held.

For those of us who planned to take the train, here's the Google Map we'd be dealing with after arriving at Union Station: Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=renaissance+schaumburg+hotel&sll=42.064388,-88.041301&sspn=0.004954,0.008261&ie=UTF8&z=17).

It's about a 35 minute trip, not accounting for traffic, or 27 miles. I'm sure that's a hell of a cab ride, not to mention what a hassle it would be to learn the subway when you get there.

If you decided to fly in, I'd assume you would be traveling to O'Hare, which is more reasonable: Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=renaissance+schaumburg+hotel&sll=42.064388,-88.041301&sspn=0.004954,0.008261&ie=UTF8&z=17).

This one is about half the distance, just over 15 miles, but that's still a long way in city traffic. I can only assume we're talking big money on cab fare still.

Another consideration is the difference in cost for transportation to Chicago. Using Syracuse as an example, a round trip train ticket is about $125. Compare that to flights, and it's about double the cost at best.

Just things to think about while planning.

cdr
01-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Google can do subway: link (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=225+S.+Canal+St,+Chicago,+IL+60661+(Chicago+Amtrak+Station)&daddr=1551+N.+Thoreau+Dr.,+Schaumburg,+IL+60173+(Renaissance+Schaumburg+Hotel)&hl=en&geocode=FcEDfwIdBbrG-iGbEHIas4nhGA%3BFYnSgQId1JbA-iHFzT7w7ftxDQ&mra=cc&dirflg=r&sll=41.973465,-87.842005&sspn=0.198325,0.44632&ie=UTF8&ll=42.020733,-87.852859&spn=0.198178,0.44632&z=12&start=0).

But the subway only gets you within ~4 miles of the venue, you'd have to have someone pick you up or get a cab from there. You're not walking an hour plus through Chicago.

Splitting a shuttle fare from Amtrak or the airport probably wouldn't be that bad, as you get ~8 people per trip and a lower fare. I haven't checked Chicago, but often it's $20 round trip or so per person.

Chances are someone will have a car there too and we could maybe get them to play taxi for a small fee.

Cab fare from Amtrak would probably be about $80 one way, divided by four = $20/person one way.

Zach Tartell
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
A four mile cab ride split three or four ways (depending on how many magic-player-sized persons you can fit in a car with a driver and bags of trade chaff and the like) will be relatively cheap, if experience in other cities is worth anything.

cwt1220
01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
I may have completely missed this, but what convention center is this at?

-Chris-

Patrick
01-25-2009, 02:20 PM
The Homestead at $60 seems like the best way to go. I'll have some sort of vehicle with my team and I'm sure as long as the driving/parking arrangements aren't a huge pain in the ass we can cart extra people over, maybe even make a couple trips to save people from saving on calling cabs. I'd like to stay in the hotel with the greatest concentration of Magic players so we can do testing and trading and such in the lobby or whatever. I'll have at least 3 people with me, hopefully 6 or 7. We're also coming from the northern Detroit area. Message me or shoot me an e-mail at PBeetheFox@yahoo.com if you want to collaborate.

tubagiant89
01-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I may have completely missed this, but what convention center is this at?

-Chris-

Schaumburg Convention Center I believe.

scrumdogg
01-28-2009, 08:22 AM
After being stranded in WOTC call waiting hell for 45 minutes yesterday, I finally got to speak to a (clueless) live Wizards employee who had no idea when GPTs are going be announced ('check back in early February!'), no idea why the delay in posting, or basically any idea about anything useful.... The GP is less than 6 weeks away and WOTC hasn't posted any relevant information about it, how quaint. Looks like people better have their byes organically or be prepared to run grinders.

cdr
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
No need for the drama, this is pretty typical for GPs. Rotterdam is in 2.5 weeks and they don't have a trial list up.

Of course Customer Service was clueless, they're not there to answer that kind of question.

scrumdogg
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Hogwash, it certainly hasn't been typical in the past, when the information was organized & presented in a timely fashion. The fact that it reflects Wizards current sad state of affairs does not excuse it. I have to wonder whether WOTC is going under given their state of affairs recently. Several local stores have experienced real difficulty in getting new product in a timely manner, these stores have also had difficulty getting through to tournament sanctioning personnel and anyone with a web browser has seen the ongoing web debacle. Even if these aren't signs of their apocalypse, they certainly don't bode well for long term stability. And Chuck, if you were looking for byes for the event, you might be a bit more concerned. Also, as a tournament organizer & judge, you know that you would be embarassed to present an event in the half-assed way in which WOTC has been doing this year.

frogboy
01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Hogwash, it certainly hasn't been typical in the past, when the information was organized & presented in a timely fashion.

This is patently false.

WOTC going under

How much do you want to bet?

cdr
01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
GP page is up: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtgcom/grandprix/chicago09

No trial list yet, and considering how late the lists for LA and Rotterdam went up, I wouldn't count on getting it in a timely fashion. Best keep an eye on the calendars of your local stores.

Jason Ness is the Head Judge, which is an awesome thing.

luckymartyr
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Third-Round Byes

Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
Players with a DCI Total rating of 2050 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Total ratings published on March 4, 2009.
Players with a DCI Limited rating of 2000 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on March 4, 2009.
Winners of Grand Prix–Chicago Trial tournaments.

Second-Round Byes

Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
Players with a DCI Total rating of 1950 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Total ratings published on March 4, 2009.
Players with a DCI Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on March 4, 2009.

First-Round Byes

Players with a Players Club level of 1
Players with a DCI Total rating of 1850 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Total ratings published on March 4, 2009.
Players with a DCI Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on March 4, 2009.

I get byes based on total rating but why would you get byes to a constructed GP based on your limited rating?

cdr
01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Copy/paste error, Wizards does it all the time.

The bye categories are Constructed and Total.

phatJacob07
01-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Hogwash, it certainly hasn't been typical in the past, when the information was organized & presented in a timely fashion. The fact that it reflects Wizards current sad state of affairs does not excuse it. I have to wonder whether WOTC is going under given their state of affairs recently. Several local stores have experienced real difficulty in getting new product in a timely manner, these stores have also had difficulty getting through to tournament sanctioning personnel and anyone with a web browser has seen the ongoing web debacle. Even if these aren't signs of their apocalypse, they certainly don't bode well for long term stability. And Chuck, if you were looking for byes for the event, you might be a bit more concerned. Also, as a tournament organizer & judge, you know that you would be embarassed to present an event in the half-assed way in which WOTC has been doing this year.

Honestly, most of the people at WotC probably don't know most of the stuff going on with the Grand Prix events. Those events are usually handled by individual TOs.

Also, WotC hasn't had very many events this year. And the ones they've held have been well attended and the locals that went have reported good things. So, it's obviously not that bad.

And for the record, WotC is far from going under.

Pinder
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
To the people who are going: Where are you staying? Are you staying at the hotel/convention center the GP is being held at? Somewhere nearby? I figure that, all things being equal, booking the same hotels as other Sourcers is probably the better plan.

Parcher
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
To the people who are going: Where are you staying? Are you staying at the hotel/convention center the GP is being held at? Somewhere nearby? I figure that, all things being equal, booking the same hotels as other Sourcers is probably the better plan.

Anyone who wants to ride the train can stay with me and Krieger for free. Don't expect to sit during your GP matches though.....

Jak
02-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Anyone who wants to ride the train can stay with me and Krieger for free. Don't expect to sit during your GP matches though.....

Damn, now I am really angry about not going. :( Consider me jealous.

rockout
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM

I'm staying at the Hotel attached to the convention center. I figured it'll be easier just walking down stairs to get to the event instead of having to flag a cab early in the morning.

ScottCottrell
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Is anyone from the maryland area planning on driving to this? I was looking to split a car ride/hotel if anyone was planning on it.

Jaynel
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM

La Quinta Inn Chicago Schaumburg
1730 E. Higgins Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4702

Two miles up the road from the GP, a little more than $50 per night.

cwt1220
02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know when they will announce the artist, or have any ideas who it will be?

-Chris-

RoddyVR
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
La Quinta Inn Chicago Schaumburg
1730 E. Higgins Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4702

Two miles up the road from the GP, a little more than $50 per night.

good suggestion, thanks.

Tried getting a room at the convention center just now. The only day that they have rooms under the $99 mtg group rate is sat to sun... the other two nights would have cost me 119 and 199. for a total of almost $500 for the 3 nights. And since my train arrives on friday, and leaves on monday, i cant realy cut a couple nights out of that stay.

Got the La Quinta room for 61$ per night. I'll probably end up walking to the convention center in the mornings.

Mulletus
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I knew they would amend that stupid no eternal byes thing. Thanks to what cdr said, I stopped caring about the rating and fell to 1798. Now there's pressure to get the points back.

cdr
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm glad you knew something Wizards didn't, and that it was all my fault your rating dropped. Hah, suck it.

rockout
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know when they will announce the artist, or have any ideas who it will be?

-Chris-

I would not mind rob alexander again. I want my tundras signed. Or maybe Terese Nielsen.

Pinder
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Holy shitballs:

http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily/events/2009_gppromo_280.jpg

This is way better than the Spiritmonger from Columbus.

edit - Looking at it again though, the art's not really as good as the original.

rockout
02-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Every time you look at you you'll think: damn GP Chicago was fun.

Mulletus
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm glad you knew something Wizards didn't, and that it was all my fault your rating dropped. Hah, suck it.

Really dude? You were just as sure that it wouldn't count. As for the rating a 1-0 drop will get me the bye, but I wouldn't have played test decks if it mattered. And for the end of your statement ... go fuck yourself.

Omega
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Will i get DQ if my deck is foiled? (Except for the duals). I heard some crazy things like foils are thinner and that people can call judges

Robert

cdr
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Whether a card is foil or not is irrelevant to judges. Your opponents cannot call a judge just because your deck has foils.

What judges are concerned about is marked cards. Foils wear differently than normal cards, and become bent more easily - so they can become marked when both foil and non-foil cards are in the same deck. Even with that said, foils do usually not become marked.

However, many people that play in competitive tournaments will avoid mixing foil and nonfoil cards to avoid the chance of their foils being marked. It's your call.

If a judge discovers your foils have become marked during a tournament, and there is no pattern to which are marked, you will receive a warning and be told to replace the offending cards. If there is a pattern, you will receive a game loss.

If and only if there is strong reason to believe you are using marked foils to cheat will you be disqualified.

Will i get DQ if my deck is foiled? (Except for the duals). I heard some crazy things like foils are thinner and that people can call judges

Robert

Dan Turner
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Well I am driving up there, staying at the 4 seasons Ritz Carlton thanks to my wife and a few of her medical connections, (she works n a hospital). We are driving our new mini van up there, so I may be able to provide some kinda transport.

We saved up for a vacation so this is going to be it. We was going to california to visit some of my family but I would rather spend it playing magic.

rockout
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Well I am driving up there, staying at the 4 seasons Ritz Carlton thanks to my wife and a few of her medical connections, (she works n a hospital). We are driving our new mini van up there, so I may be able to provide some kinda transport.

We saved up for a vacation so this is going to be it. We was going to california to visit some of my family but I would rather spend it playing magic.

I hope I have a wife that will support my card board crack addiction some day. God bless you sir.

Iamfishman
02-13-2009, 07:21 PM
If and only if there is strong reason to believe you are using marked foils to cheat will you be disqualified.

This biconditional made me cry.

Rephrased, it says, "there is strong reason to believe you are using marked foils to cheat if and only if you will be disqualified."

This then equates to two if-then statements.

"If there is strong reason to believe you are using marked foils to cheat, then you will be disqualified."

and

"If you are disqualified, then there is strong reason to believe you are using marked foils to cheat."

I agree with the first, but certainly not the second. I can think of lost of reasons why one can be disqualified short of using marked foils to cheat.

Granted, none of this in anyway discredits what CDR said. His point is absolutely on the mark. I just saw this and my pet peeve twitch went haywire.

Pinder
02-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Tosh, Maverick and I are all staying at the hotel where it's being held. Anyone else there too?

Dan Turner
02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I hope I have a wife that will support my card board crack addiction some day. God bless you sir.

sad thing is she has a higher rating than me...

rockout
02-13-2009, 08:00 PM
sad thing is she has a higher rating than me...

I don't know about anyone else, but I just got kind of turned on.

scrumdogg
02-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Tosh, Maverick and I are all staying at the hotel where it's being held. Anyone else there too?

Yep Justin (niknight) & I are also at the site hotel. Be nice to meet a bunch of Sourcers that don't live in MA/NE/NY/VA.

PS, Pinder I still owe you a beer

Pinder
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
PS, Pinder I still owe you a beer

That is awesome. We'll see you there.

Dan Turner
02-14-2009, 05:49 AM
I think I am bringing everyone in Ar who plays legacy. :(

scrumdogg
02-14-2009, 08:21 AM
I think I am bringing everyone in Ar who plays legacy. :(

So two or three people? And where is the party? :cool:

Dan Turner
02-14-2009, 09:06 AM
So two or three people? And where is the party? :cool:

all 2 of us lol. I am not quite sure about partying like a rock star at the ritz at $500 a night they might frown on it but I am having a fucking party somewhere damn it that friday is my birthday.

I really dont care if I scrub out during the main event, I am just going to play in every event I can fit in during the weekend. Odds are I will win something lol.

ForceofWill
02-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Sounds fun. I look forward to seeing (most) everyone again.

Wallace
02-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I am still looking for a place to crash, does anyone have room in there room for 1 more? LMK...Thanks

Pinder
02-15-2009, 02:58 AM
I am still looking for a place to crash, does anyone have room in there room for 1 more? LMK...Thanks

We might have an extra space in our room. Send naked pics and we'll decide.