PDA

View Full Version : Budget MonoU Fish

Cyrus
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I really love fish, but for now I can't really afford FoWs and such. Here's my take at a budget monoU fish list:

Deck (61 cards for now):

19 Island
4 Pestermite
4 Spellstutter sprite
2 Ninja of the Deep Hours
3 Looter il-Kor
4 Cloud of Faeries
3 Trinket Mage
4 Daze
3 Back to Basics
4 Spell Snare
4 Counterspell
3 Sigil of Sleep
1 Meekstone
1 Relic of Progenitus
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard:

4 Mind Harness
4 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Echoing Truth
1 Pithing Needle
3 Hydroblast

The Jitte is a little random, but I love the card and I don't really think I'll spend any money on the list and I only own that one Jitte. Sigil of Sleep turned out to be a really awesome card, specially attached to a Looter il-Kor. Back to Basics is a house, and Trinket Mages enable a 3-card toolbox. Any ideas for the list?

socialite
11-23-2008, 07:54 PM
You should try:

http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGSHA/cursecatcher.jpg

Seems like he would be a decent fit in here. The inclusion of Null Rod might be a little more successful for you than the Trinket Mage box you are running now since you do not run any real artifact acceleration and one Jitte, isn't going to do much.

Jaynel
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
If they're within your budget, AEther Vial and Stifle seem pretty good.

Phoenix Ignition
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't know how budget you are, but you could always try throwing in a few counterbalances for more control and then another trinket mage or a couple more tops depending on how tight your budget is.

Cyrus
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
@ Cursecatcher: I really hate it. I dont know, it may be personal, but it almost never helps. I tested it and most of the time I wished it was another card.

@ Countertop: I can drop the Trinket Mages for Counterbalances and up the Tops count cutting some artifacts and the jitte.

@ Stifle, Aether Vial: I don't really have mana problems, so I think aether vial is kind of unnecessary. I may be wrong tho. About stifle... I think I can get em, but change them for what?

Current list (60 cards):

19 Island
4 Pestermite
4 Spellstutter sprite
2 Ninja of the Deep Hours
3 Looter il-Kor
4 Cloud of Faeries
4 Daze
3 Back to Basics
4 Spell Snare
4 Counterspell
3 Sigil of Sleep