PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare's Broken-Ass EDH deck

Nightmare
11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Because people have asked me for the list, here it is:

GENERAL - Azami, Lady of Infinite Card Advantage (http://magiccards.info/chk/en/52.html)

Cards:

Force of Will
Mana Drain
Rewind
Pact of Negation
Snap
Snapback
Thirst for knowledge
frantic search
Merchant Scroll
Mystical Tutor
Long-Term Plans
Meditate
Ideas Unbound
High Tide
Tinker
Brain Freeze
Braingeyser
Stroke of Genius
Prosperity
Turnabout
Future Sight
Mind Over Matter
Mana Severance
Mind's Desire
Timetwister
Time Spiral
Mind Spring
Ponder
Brainstorm
Windfall
Gush
Rebuild

Dudes:

Memnarch
Cursecatcher
Filigree Sages
Graceful Adept
Jushi Apprentice
Magus of the Bazaar
Magus of the Future
Magus of the Jar
Meloku, the Clouded Mirror
Oboro Breezecaller
Sigil Tracer
Stonybrook Banneret
Trinket Mage
Voidmage Prodigy
Sharding Sphinx
Tidespout Tyrant
Etherium Sculptor
Hapless Researcher

Robots:

Candelabra of Tawnos
Voltaic Key
Sapphire Medallion
Helm of Awakening
Gauntlet of Power
Gilded Lotus
Chronatog Totem
Eye of Ramos
Coalition Relic
Mox Diamond
Chrome Mox
Lotus Petal
Mana Vault
Mana Crypt
Grim Monolith
Sol Ring
Extraplanar Lens
Sensei's Divining Top
Goblin Charbelcher
Memory Jar
cloud key

Lands:
Polluted Delta
Flooded Strand
Tolarian Academy
Tolaria West
Darksteel Citadel
Seat of the Synod
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
21x Island

I think that's the list. I could be forgetting a couple cards, which would reduce the number of Islands. Also, I know there are some questionable choices in the deck, and there are some hot cards I'm not playing. Still, as anyone in Syracuse can attest, this deck is bonkers. It's far more stable than Bryant's Tendrils combo deck, because of the redic draw engine General. She's absurd, for reals. Your dudes all do cool things, aside from tapping to draw cards, which is why they've been chosen over other, cheaper guys. It rarely matters though, as your mana reducers and accel are overpowered as hell.

Loxodon Baileyarch
11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Dont ever bring this to a multiplayer game, or you will have every other opponent raping your ass before your know it.

Nightmare
11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Dont ever bring this to a multiplayer game, or you will have every other opponent raping your ass before your know it.

Yeah, I know. I usually only get one game before I become the target. Fortunately, I have a few other EDH decks together, but this one is my baby.

Bryant Cook
11-27-2008, 02:28 AM
It's far more stable than Bryant's Tendrils combo deck, because of the redic draw engine General.

There's no proof of this. My deck can answer hate easier, whenever we play you rely on me to deal with threats.

xsockmonkeyx
11-27-2008, 03:35 AM
awesome EDH list
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ab/Rabbit_high_five.jpg

Nightmare
12-23-2008, 09:23 AM
So, if you guys can believe it, my deck got more bonkers.

I found two gems I'd like to let you know about, which take the level of broken to a whole new level.

Inspired Sprite, and Merrow Levitator.

Soak that in for a bit, then come back.

Aggro_zombies
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Merrow Levitator.
I want to laugh at you, but it's true.

Damn. Congrats on making this card actually useful for something.

EDIT: Something Magical, that is. I'm sure it's useful to wipe your ass with if you've got a stack of them and nothing else to use.

EDIT 2: No Tezzeret?

Jaynel
12-23-2008, 11:16 AM
I found that Skill Borrower was kinda nutty.

Nightmare
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Tezzeret is in the deck. I've got to update the list still, when the deck is in front of me.

Nightmare
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Someone was looking for updated lists for this. It's now listed out with some discussion on the new blog, located Here (http://saltcitymagic.blogspot.com/2009/01/nightmares-broken-edh-deck.html). Check it out, and leave comments here or there.

Frenkill
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I play a similiar deck. It is UWB with Sharuum as the general.

It runs much more mana artifacts + 3-Sphere + Winter Orb- and Armageddon-effects. And it plays a same kind of combo. Memory Jar, Timespiral, Academy etc.

It makes fun but unfortunatelly not for your opponent. I can switch all those powerfull cards for funny stuff to play multiplayer. For example Sun Droplet, Silent Arbiter + Maze of Ith, Phyrexian Processor...

Here is the decklist:

1 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [B] Tundra
1 [U] Underground Sea
1 [B] Scrubland
1 [10E] Caves of Koilos
1 [9E] Underground River
1 [7E] Adarkar Wastes
1 [5E] City of Brass
1 [MR] Glimmervoid
1 [BOK] Tendo Ice Bridge
1 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
1 [MR] Seat of the Synod
1 [MR] Ancient Den
1 [MR] Vault of Whispers
1 [DS] Darksteel Citadel
1 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
1 [TE] Ancient Tomb
1 [EX] City of Traitors
1 [MI] Crystal Vein
1 [MM] Saprazzan Skerry
1 [MM] Remote Farm
1 [MM] Peat Bog
1 [OD] Deserted Temple
1 [CHK] Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 [MM] Rishadan Port
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (1)
1 [REW] Wasteland
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [TSP] Gemstone Caverns
1 [FUT] Tolaria West
1 [MM] Island (1)
1 [CST] Plains (2)

// Creatures
1 [ALA] Sharuum the Hegemon
1 [FD] Trinket Mage
1 [DS] Memnarch

// Spells
1 [MI] Enlightened Tutor
1 [B] Armageddon
1 [P3] Ravages of War
1 [ALA] Scourglass
1 [US] Catastrophe
1 [FNM] Remand
1 [U] Copy Artifact
1 [AQ] Transmute Artifact
1 [UL] Tinker
1 [MR] Fabricate
1 [US] Windfall
1 [UL] Frantic Search
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [NE] Rising Waters
1 [WL] Pendrell Mists
1 [US] Turnabout
1 [MR] Thoughtcast
1 [ST] Time Warp
1 [P2] Temporal Manipulation
1 [P3] Capture of Jingzhou
1 [ALA] Tezzeret the Seeker
1 [ON] Future Sight
1 [US] Time Spiral
1 [PT] Prosperity
1 [R] Braingeyser
1 [VI] Vampiric Tutor
1 [A] Demonic Tutor
1 [OD] Tainted Pact
1 [US] Yawgmoth's Will
1 [MR] Chrome Mox
1 [SH] Mox Diamond
1 [R] Sol Ring
1 [A] Mana Vault
1 [US] Voltaic Key
1 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [MR] Talisman of Dominance
1 [MR] Talisman of Progress
1 [10E] Mind Stone
1 [9E] Fellwar Stone
1 [UL] Grim Monolith
1 [U] Winter Orb
1 [VI] Helm of Awakening
1 [DS] Serum Powder
1 [DS] Darksteel Ingot
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [MM] Eye of Ramos
1 [US] Worn Powerstone
1 [MR] Sculpting Steel
1 [FUT] Cloud Key
1 [DS] Trinisphere
1 [NE] Tangle Wire
1 [9E] Ur-Golem's Eye
1 [7E] Sisay's Ring
1 [FD] Clock of Omens
1 [UD] Thran Dynamo
1 [US] Smokestack
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [UL] Memory Jar
1 [MR] Mindslaver

I would add Mishras Workshop and Mana Drain, if they where affordable.

Nightmare
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
That deck really isn't that much like my deck at all. It gets to run other colors. I would also never want Armageddon to resolve. It would kick my ass.

Mirrislegend
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Is it just me, or has EDH gone from a fun casual format to "look how much money I can spend on a 'casual' deck!"?

Nightmare
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm not gonna lie, my deck is pimp as fuck, but it's also chocked full of Collector's Edition cards, too. And proxied Timetwisters and Candelabras. And Gold Bordered Chrome Moxen.

On the other hand, my Goblin deck (Wort, Boggart Auntie) is pretty budget.

Mirrislegend
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
But if you want the deck to be even halfway decent, it's gotta be loaded up with expensive, oldschool artifact mana accel. It just seems to have lost the spirit, ya know?

Nightmare
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
In a word, no. Even in my Gobs deck I run Crypt, Vault, Sol Ring, and Petal, but I'd say they're pretty fair, since the broken plays are like, turn 1 Wort.

tcb7599
01-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Care to post your Wort list somewhere Nightmare?

Blitzbold
07-05-2009, 02:45 AM
I finally managed to build the deck. For a first try I resembled the list you posted in your blog, only replacing the now-banned Tinker with a Relearn.

I am still learning the deck, but until now I can attest that this in fact is a broken pile of cards. Azami alone is amazing, and drawing multiple cards per turn from tapping stuff like Cursecatcher or Voidmage Prodigy is insane.

High Tide is one of my MVPs at the moment and another reason why I really like the addition of Relearn. Candelabra is another MVP, and becomes broken with Filigree Sages, not to mention the instances where Academy, Gauntlet of Power or High Tide are also in the mix.

Playing the deck is insanly fun, but also quiet complicated. In addition to this I always feel sorry for my opponents once the deck gets rolling.

LostButSeeking
07-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Have you considered turning Azami into Arcanis, the Omnipotent? For one mana, you gain 2 power, 3 toughness, an escape mechanism (although I don't know what that's worth in this format, but I've certainly been known to pay +12 mana for my general before), he can tap for three cards by himself (and thus allow massive pemmin's aura shenanigans) and you can shed your dependency on wizards. On the other hand, I bet Azami draws you MANY more cards if the situations are right, and I don't know that changing the wizards in your decks would gain you that much more raw power. But I figured it was worth pointing out.

Dessyreqt
07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
What you're missing is that the general doesn't get played in this deck until the turn you win, at least that's how I play it. I have a list similar but way shittier (I'm missing a fair number the more powerful cards) and I have yet to lose with that list. Not that I play EDH very much.

Basically, my games tend to go as follows. Look innocuous until you can assemble a combo. Use the combo. Win with all sorts of counter backup because you're practically playing with your whole deck in your hand at this point. And I'm probably playing with only half the combos that Nightmare's version has.

LostButSeeking
07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Ah, not for dueling then?

Blitzbold
07-12-2009, 02:44 PM
There are some cards that I'd like to add, but the list is very tight as it stands by now. However, there are also some cards I don't like that much, probably cudos to the banning of Tinker.

Cards I am unsure about / wasn't impressed with:

-> Gilded Lotus: cute with MoM, somewhat clunky whithout
-> Grim Monolith: nice manaboost, helps Academy later on, but not that great otherwise; looking for space for Power Artifact also sucks

As ususal, there are more cards I'd like to fit in:

-> Commandeer
-> Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
-> Venser, Shaper Savant
-> Vendilion Clique

TrialByFire
07-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Cards I am unsure about / wasn't impressed with:

-> Gilded Lotus: cute with MoM, somewhat clunky whithout
-> Grim Monolith: nice manaboost, helps Academy later on, but not that great otherwise; looking for space for Power Artifact also sucks

As ususal, there are more cards I'd like to fit in:

-> Commandeer
-> Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
-> Venser, Shaper Savant
-> Vendilion Clique

Gilded Lotus - Best mana accelerator in the deck besides Mana Crypt and Sol Ring. It makes colored mana and you can usually play it for 3 or 4 anyways.

Grim Monolith - Seriously? Take it out?

As for you adds

Comandeer - Too cute
Teferi - Good for protection, if you can make space run it
Venser - Chain of Vapor or Mana Drain are much better
Clique - Useless

Blitzbold
07-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Care to explain your oppinions?

I try to look at both Lotus and Monolith without having much more on the table. Without Mind over Matter, what do they add? Monolith at least accelerates, but the Lotus - what do you want to accelerate into when you already have 5 Mana to spent? Sure, this deck is very mana hungry when going off, but added protection for free (e.g. Comandeer) fulfills a similar role in my eyes.

Comparing Venser to the second-best counter or one of the best bounce ever printed is wrong. Noone was thinking about either Drain or CoV anyway. Venser combines counter and bounce in one card in addition to being a Wizard, too.

Nightmare
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Azami, Lady of Scrolls

Force of Will
Mana Drain
Rewind
Pact of Negation
Snap
Repeal
Snapback
Thirst for Knowledge
Frantic Search
Merchant Scroll
Mystical Tutor
Long-Term Plans
Meditate
Ideas Unbound
High Tide
Braingeyser
Stroke of Genius
Turnabout
Future Sight
Mind Over Matter
Mana Severance
Mind's Desire
Timetwister
Time Spiral
Ponder
Brainstorm
Windfall
Gush
Tezzeret the Seeker

Memnarch
Cursecatcher
Filigree Sages
Fatestitcher
Merrow Levitator
Inspired Sprite
Patron Wizard
Glen Elendra Archmage
Magus of the Bazaar
Magus of the Future
Magus of the Jar
Oboro Breezecaller
Sigil Tracer
Stonybrook Banneret
Trinket Mage
Vedalken Aethermage
Voidmage Prodigy
Hapless Researcher

Tidespout Tyrant
Etherium Sculptor
Master Transmuter

Candelabra of Tawnos
Voltaic Key
Thran Dynamo
Sapphire Medallion
Helm of Awakening
Gauntlet of Power
Gilded Lotus
Chronatog Totem
Eye of Ramos
Chrome Mox
Mox Diamond
Lotus Petal
Mana Vault
Mana Crypt
Grim Monolith
Crucible of Worlds
Sol Ring
Sensei's Divining Top
Goblin Charbelcher
Memory Jar
Cloud Key

Polluted Delta
Flooded Strand
Tolarian Academy
Mishra's Workshop
Tolaria West
Darksteel Citadel
Seat of the Synod
20x Island

That's the new list. I'm thinking about trying to get Synod Artificer in the deck, but I don't know if I need it or not. If I do add it, it would also mean I cut Crucible for Thousand Year Elixir, which I've been meaning to do anyway.

beastman
08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I tried azami once. I almost decked myself because I was having so much fun drawing 8 cards a turn that I forgot to start attacking.

Nightmare
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I tried azami once. I almost decked myself because I was having so much fun drawing 8 cards a turn that I forgot to start attacking.

Why in gods name would you attack? You win by drawing your deck, and then making them draw their deck.

beastman
08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, I did not know this...meh, if your opponent isn't allowed to do anything due to the fact that you have three answers for every threat they can produce, I doubt it matters how you win.

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Hooooly shit.

I JUST realized that I'm not playing Skullclamp.

Why am I not playing Skullclamp?

Bryant Cook
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Hooooly shit.

I JUST realized that I'm not playing Skullclamp.

Why am I not playing Skullclamp?

Because it's not that good in your deck?

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Because it's not that good in your deck?

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. I'll need to think on this one.

Bryant Cook
08-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe, but I'm not so sure. I'll need to think on this one.

You don't have enough 1 toughness dudes to make it be that effective. You also don't have any sacrifice outlets.

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Cursecatcher
Glen Elendra Archmage
Magus of the Bazaar
Magus of the Jar
Oboro Breezecaller
Stonybrook Banneret
Voidmage Prodigy
Hapless Researcher

It's good with all these guys, along with putting it on Azami, since people love to kill her. I'm just throwing stuff out there to try to improve the deck. As I said, you might be right.

Bryant Cook
08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
8/100. Seems solid.

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
8/100. Seems solid.

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. Thanks for the assistance on the deck, all the suggestions you've made in this thread have been real helpful!

xXxBretWeedxXx
08-24-2009, 10:45 AM
As wrong as it seems to do it, I have to agree with Bryant. You're never going to be happy to draw clamp. I do think Teferi is worth a look however.

mossivo1986
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. Thanks for the assistance on the deck, all the suggestions you've made in this thread have been real helpful!

To be Fair you did say your deck was much more stable then his. I've thoroughly tested his deck. He was right to just drop it because of the idiocy that incurs. I can't get anyone in my play group to play EDH with me when I pilot that 100 card dumbness. When I play it online I get chewed out. FML

Offler
09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi.

I tried to modify your deck for german Highlander rules where is no general. Not so popular format in USA, but here in Europe is most common in casual.

Previously i had to remove some cards from the modified deck, but they are combining in a small combo.

Fallowsage
Combine it with your general - Azami, and if possible with Mind over Matter. In this case he is weaker Arcanis, but he won that game where i combined him with Azami.

Fallowsage, Paradise mantle, Pemmins aura/Freed from the real
Infinite cards combo. Tap Fallowsage for blue mana, draw a card, untap it.

There is hard way to tap it without attacking in deck without general, but in EDH Azami (or some merfolks) can fix this.

the same Tap for mana/untap mechanism can be used with another merfolk. I am speaking (writing) about Grimoire thief. When he is on the table, and he does not have summoning sickness just equip and enchant him and remove all opponent's libraries.

But... he is not a Wizard, but Rogue.

(Sorry for my english grammar :) )

JeroenC
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I might consider building this for my second EDH deck. However, some of the cards in the deck are out of my budget range and I don't proxy my EDH decks. So I was wondering: what are some of the more expensive cards, and are they necessary/replacable?

Blitzbold
09-14-2009, 12:57 PM
This deck is really dumb. I still love it, but I also do have problems bringing it to a playgroup. Last time I challenged them for a 2 vs me duel. It wasn't enough.

This is my curent list for reference. I removed some of the combo parts and replaced them with some controlish stuff, but the deck is still broken as hell. To be honest, I am considering dismantling it for good. Even though its nearly all shiny now....

General
Azami, Lady of Scrolls

Creatures
Cursecatcher
Etherium Sculptor
Filigree Sage
Hapless Researcher
Inspired Sprite
Magus of the Bazaar
Magus of the Jar
Magus of the Future
Memnarch
Merrow Levitator
Patron Wizard
Sigil Tracer
Stonybrook Banneret
Tidespout Tyrant
Trinket Mage
Venser, Shaper Savant
Vedalken Aethermage
Voidmage Prodigy

Spells
Braingeysir
Brainstorm
Brain Freeze
Cryptic Command
Force of Will
Frantic Search
Future Sight
Gush
High Tide
Long-Term Plans
Mana Drain
Mana Severance
Meditate
Merchant Scroll
Mind over Matter
Mind Spring
Mind's Desire
Muddle the Mixture
Mystical Tutor
Pact of Negation
Ponder
Relearn
Remand
Repeal
Rewind
Snap
Stroke of Genius
Tezzeret the Seeker
Thirst for Knowledge
Time Spiral
Timetwister
Turnabout
Windfall

Non-creature artifacts
Candelabra of Tawnos
Chrome Mox
Coalition Relic
Eye of Ramos
Gauntlet of Power
Gilded Lotus
Goblin Charbelcher
Grim Monolith
Helm of Awakening
Lotus Petal
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Memory Jar
Mox Diamond
Sapphire Medallion
Sensei's Divining Top
Sol Ring
Voltaic Key

Lands
Academy Ruins
Riptide Laboratory
Tolarian Academy
Tolaria West
Darksteel Citadel
Seat of the Synod
Mishra's Workshop
Island x22

Nightmare
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Mine is completely unproxied, and 100% pimped, but still dismantled. Most of the players in our group have a "Competitive" EDH deck, which can compete with Azami, and a "Casual" EDH deck. We're mostly focusing on the casual ones now, although sometimes it feels good to bust this out and look at pretty cards.

Blitzbold
09-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Mine is completely unproxied, and 100% pimped, but still dismantled.

I hate my white-boardered Timetwister in there. But Betas are even harder to come by at reasonably prizes, especially over here in Europe. I even considered to buy a collector's - just for this deck. :) It's really a pitty, but dismantling it is probably the right way... Though I'll sleeve it up again for an EDH tournament without hesitation.

Most of the players in our group have a "Competitive" EDH deck, which can compete with Azami, and a "Casual" EDH deck. We're mostly focusing on the casual ones now, although sometimes it feels good to bust this out and look at pretty cards.

Pretty the same here. Playing the competetive and really busted decks is sort of lame though - it only depends on who can masturbate faster.

I love EDH for what it is - the best casual format I ever played. And I am playing since The Dark was around. It's nice to see all the broken things that can be done under it's rules, but that's about it.

EDIT
I just read that you did get all your cards back which were stolen out of your car. I am really happy for you!

Offler
10-14-2009, 04:23 AM
I was trying to compete opponents playing green elves agro or token-making deck. I was able to beat them, but sometimes they are too fast. Got some ideas how to speed-up my deck, or slow down my opponent, but most of them have limited effect.

Mostly i dont like counterspells since in many cases it says "we both discard these cards and who payed more mana is the fool". Well in green VS blue i am the fool in most cases. Playing such spell doesnt slow down only my opponent, but also me, because i wanted to play something at the end of his turn...

Just curious (since you play Voidmage prodigy) how this counterspelling helps?
I know it is beatiful way how to kill almost any card on stack, but people are smart and they play cards in attempt to put my counterspells out my hand. I have to be smarter, but sometimes there is only choice between death from card number one or death from card number two.

I am looking for counterspells which have side effects usable in EDH or Highlander, or bit lower manacost.

For example i like Mana Drain, FOW or Foil, but i dont like plain Counterspelling for 3, 4 or 5 mana.

I just think that i miss something important while playing counterspells.

Blitzbold
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I am looking for counterspells which have side effects usable in EDH or Highlander, or bit lower manacost.

For example i like Mana Drain, FOW or Foil, but i dont like plain Counterspelling for 3, 4 or 5 mana.

I just think that i miss something important while playing counterspells.

Other counterspells I do like in EDH:

2cc
Remand
Hindering Light (obv. not mono-U)

3cc
Hinder
Forbid

4cc
Rewind
Dismiss
Mystic Snake (see Hindering Light)

5cc
Desertion

Offler
10-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Well. I tried to figure out what can blue do with such spells... At most i like effects which manipulate time (or game progress if to say it more technically).

For example...
From this point of view the Counterspell will steal from opponent mana which was already paid, and will kill card which is being played.

Hinder, when you place the countered card on top of his library will also cost your opponent his draw step, althought his card will not be "killed".

Effects such as Mana Drain are from my point of view Holy Grail of Counterspelling, while they slow down my opponent and accelerate my own play.

But some plain counterspells, does not accelerate my play or does not slow down opponent. It also varies in some situations (a really hate reanimators :D)

Am i on good way (if not right...)?

Jeff Kruchkow
10-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Well. I tried to figure out what can blue do with such spells... At most i like effects which manipulate time (or game progress if to say it more technically).

For example...
From this point of view the Counterspell will steal from opponent mana which was already paid, and will kill card which is being played.

Hinder, when you place the countered card on top of his library will also cost your opponent his draw step, althought his card will not be "killed".

Effects such as Mana Drain are from my point of view Holy Grail of Counterspelling, while they slow down my opponent and accelerate my own play.

But some plain counterspells, does not accelerate my play or does not slow down opponent. It also varies in some situations (a really hate reanimators :D)

Am i on good way (if not right...)?

you shouldnt need more counters if the deck isnt fast enough you arent doing it right. and you have 3+ counters plus bounce, that should be plenty of time to go nuts.

Offler
10-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks. I think i got the point of problem - i have to re-check my counterspells to found those which can work bit effectively in way of stealing time. Amount of spells is OK, but the quality is not the best...

MattH
10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
The point of Hinder is to put someone's general on the bottom of their library., not the top.

Offler
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Well it depends... My common enemy is one nasty reanimator. Bottom of his library is the best way how to put something away, or to use Dissipate. Both cards are awesome in same way.

But i had in deck also Trickbind. I used it commonly to supress activity of a Planeswalker, or Token generator. Just few minutes ago i replaced it with Memory Lapse. The effect to both cards is just the same, but also it allows me to use it in different situation just to steal opponents turn if he just played something big for too much mana :)

Thats the beauty of "put on top of deck" effect instead of pure countering :)

MattH
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Well it depends... My common enemy is one nasty reanimator. Bottom of his library is the best way how to put something away, or to use Dissipate. Both cards are awesome in same way.

But i had in deck also Trickbind. I used it commonly to supress activity of a Planeswalker, or Token generator. Just few minutes ago i replaced it with Memory Lapse. The effect to both cards is just the same, but also it allows me to use it in different situation just to steal opponents turn if he just played something big for too much mana :)

Thats the beauty of "put on top of deck" effect instead of pure countering :)
Yes, I already know that. You said,

and I was explaining why you would basically never use "top of the deck" when casting Hinder. This had nothing to do with top of deck vs. graveyard, only top vs. bottom.

Offler
10-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I think this it bit offtopic. I understand, but i really can imagine situations when i want my opponent rather to play that card again, than draw the next card.

For example when somebody is using Liliana for tutoring - use the top. This might give me extra turn for my own combo...

More blue spells are haunted by "what if?" question. Thats i like on blue cards :)

the Thin White Duke
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I've been toying with Everflowing Chalice, but I'm not sure if there's any value here.
Also, what about Intruder Alarm? Plus Cloudstone Curio... Over kill or not really necessary?
I'm also running Bribery for a few laughs. Also Telemin Performance is also fun and tends to thin the opponent's deck a little, (and mine is foil, which is a major consideration in this deck for me :).

Sanctyfer
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Is inspired sprite realy that good in the deck ? I mean there are only about 20 wizards so 1 out of 5 cards...

Question about the way to play the deck : u play Azami the turn u launch the combo ? or as soon as u can, with maybe a counter in hand (i mean in 1vs 1 match) ?
And how do u get infinit mana to mull your opponent with braingeyser or stroke of genius ? (just with turnabout and sigil ?)
Is the combo charbelcher/Mana sevrance that useful in the deck or is it played because the cards are a little useful on their own ?
Same for mind's desire : when do u use it ? Only when u have tydespout tyrant in play ?

What about a card like parallel thoughts, ethereal usher, ertai,wizard adept, intruder alarm and more recently lighthouse chronologist, echo mage and temple bell (in combo wit MOM)..?
Thx

socioloaf
09-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I want to build a version of this myself, although I'm trying to go budget-ish (pretty much no 60+ unless it's force of will or crypt) but I was thinking that the new Laboratory Maniac would be a hilarious win-con. You just need to put MoM on the board with Azami. Profit?

Shax
09-10-2011, 02:34 AM
I am going to be playing Snapcastor Mage when it's legal in my Azami deck, you should too.

Arrg
10-16-2011, 04:39 AM
What are you playing from Innistrad and what is going out? I'm know snapcaster has to find a home, what about Delver of Secrets?

sgfalex
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
i was thinking about build an azami deck but i cant seem to find very much Updated chat about her, has she fallen from power with recent expansions? either way if anyone could provide an UPDATED (innistrad) competitive (money no object) deck list for her id very much appreciate it.

sgfalex
01-27-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm still looking for some updated info about this deck and a very very cutthroat multiplayer list for it. If anyone can shed some light on this deck for me given recent expansions like innistrad and soon to be dark ascension i would be very grateful