PDA

View Full Version : Calling any and all legacy players in IL or somewhere close.

andreotti16
11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi, my name is John Andreotti. I am probably the youngest judge and TO in IL. My goal is to try and establish a decent playgroup in my area/state. I am curious if anyone is interested in getting together for some sanctioned or non-sanctioned magic? I currently live in Romeoville, but am willing to travel.

If i can get people, i would try to host bigger tournaments for worthwhile prizes. Listening to all others.

Griever9977
11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm in St. Louis, I know of at least me and 3-4 of my friends that would be interested.

JACO
12-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm in Chicago, but frequently travel out to the Southwest suburbs (Woodridge, Downers Grove, etc.), and I'd probably be willing to come.

If you're going to be organizing tournaments, I'd recommend the following:
1) scheduling them on weekends where this isn't much else going on (ie no other major tournaments, no big holiday weekends, etc.)
2) offering prize payouts beyond the top 1-2 slots of a tournament (this entices more mid level players to come if they know they can possibly get a dual land just for making top 8 and not winning)
3) schedule more tournaments when the weather is better, and less frequently when the weather sucks

MrBig
12-04-2008, 11:35 AM
There is already a strong legacy crowd in the Chicago area going. There is Pastimes which runs bi-monthly events, astro city that runs monthly, the graham cracker in naperville runs them randomly, and College of dupage every monday night.