Date: January 31st, 2009 (1/31/09)
Time: Registration begins at Noon, Play begins at 1 PM
Entrance Fee: $20
Sanctioned: No
Proxies: 10

Prizes
For this tournament, there are two prize brackets

11 or Less Players
1st: 4x Dual Land (Still undetermined, unlikely to be a U/x Dual)

12 or More Players
1st: 4x Dual Land (Still undetermined, unlikely to be a U/x Dual)
2nd: 4x Fetch Land (Still undetermined)

Additional prizes may be determined by attendance.

Legal Sets
Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, 4th Edition, 5th Edition, 6th Edition, 7th Edition, 8th Edition, 9th Edition, 10th Edition, Portal, Portal: Second Age, Portal: Three Kingdoms, Starter 1999, Starter 2000, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Homelands, Alliances, Mirage, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Urza's Saga, Urza's Legacy, Urza's Destiny, Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, Prophecy, Invasion, Planeshift, Apocalypse, Odyssey, Torment, Judgment, Onslaught, Legions, Scourge, Mirrodin, Darksteel, Fifth Dawn, Champions of Kamigawa, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Saviors of Kamigawa, Ravnica: City of Guilds, Guildpact, Dissension, Coldsnap, Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide, Shards of Alara, Anthologies, Battle Royale, Beatdown, Deckmasters 2001, Elves v. Goblins, Jace v. Chandra, and From the Vault: Dragons

Illegal Sets
Unglued, Unhinged, Beta Collector’s Edition (Domestic and International), and World Champion Decks

Banned Cards
Amulet of Quoz, Ancestral Recall, Balance, Bazaar of Baghdad, Black Lotus, Black Vise, Bronze Tablet, Channel, Chaos Orb, Contract from Below, Darkpact, Demonic Attorney, Demonic Consultation, Demonic Tutor, Dream Halls, Earthcraft, Entomb, Falling Star, Fastbond, Flash, Frantic Search, Goblin Recruiter, Grim Monolith, Gush, Hermit Druid, Illusionary Mask, Imperial Seal, Jeweled Bird, Land Tax, Library of Alexandria, Mana Crypt, Mana Drain, Mana Vault, Memory Jar, Metalworker, Mind Over Matter, Mind Twist, Mind's Desire, Mishra's Workshop, Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Ruby, Mox Sapphire, Necropotence, Oath of Druids, Rebirth, Replenish, Shahrazad, Skullclamp, Sol Ring, Strip Mine, Tempest Efreet, Time Spiral, Time Vault, Time Walk, Timetwister, Timmerian Fiends, Tinker, Tolarian Academy, Vampiric Tutor, Wheel of Fortune, Windfall, Worldgorger Dragon, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Yawgmoth's Will

CCGs is located at:
4020 Liberty Avenue
Phone: 412-621-3401
Fax: 412-621-3402
E-Mail: john@ccgcards.com
http://www.ccgcards.com

Solaran_X
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Prize support added. And yes, we're keeping the event on the 31st despite Conflux prerelease being the same day.

CroSS.24
01-17-2009, 04:51 AM
What city is this in?

Sage
01-19-2009, 12:00 AM
In regards to the 10 proxies allowed; are the only accepted typs of proxies lands with written out oracle text, or would something else be allowed?

Also, I plan on attending this tournament with 2-4 other people.

raptorcardz
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
In regards to the 10 proxies allowed; are the only accepted typs of proxies lands with written out oracle text, or would something else be allowed?

Also, I plan on attending this tournament with 2-4 other people.

I've seen different proxies in the past: Proxies with a small sheet of paper cutout in the sleeve with text, proxies with just the name of the real card in marker, etc.

I'm not sure what John's rules are but it would be best to call the store. We haven't had problems with proxies in the past as far as I know.

Solaran_X
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
13 people showed up. Deck breakdown is as follows:
2 Ad Nauseum Tendrils
1 RGb Aggro-Loam (Nominal 1st - split Top 2 with Enchantress, took Taigas)
1 Enchantress (Nominal 2nd - split Top 2 with Aggro-Loam, player wanted Flooded Strands)
1 Death and Taxes
1 Mono-White Jank
1 Ur Dreadstill (3rd)
1 Ubw Dreadstill
1 Angel Stax (4th)
1 Rb Goblins
1 Ubw Painter
1 U Merfolk
1 Elf Survival

1st Place was 4 Taigas
2nd Place was 4 Flooded Strands
3rd Place was $40 Store Credit