PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Cluster Stone

jakolhops
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I know this deck can never truly become competative, but it is loads of fun to play and to set up. Most of the time if your opponent doesnt know what your playing he will most likely wonder why you are playing all these terrible cards. Untill BAM hes dead.

This is capable of a 3rd turn kill on best draws, but 4-5 turn kills are more likely and more consistant

Cluster Stone is a old deck design that i am not taking credit for coming up with, although i dont remember the old name. So i made a new name that people might actually click on because it sounds awsome. (kek)

Anyways here is a list that i have played with to some success in smaller tournys.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 llanawar Elf
4 Fecundity
4 saproling cluster
4 ashnod's alter
4 Enlightened tutor
4 Sterling Grove
1 Whetstone
1 Kaervek's Torch
1 Legacy Weapon
1 Phyrexian Alter
1 Seal of Cleansing
4 Duress/Thoughtsieze
3 Cabal Therapy

ManaBase needs to be 20 lands or close to it. You want to make sure you drop one at least every turn in order to get the mana needed to combo out fast. Personally i dont have Fetches or Duels, so really you only need 3 colors and pretty much only REALLY need green mana to win. Black is for duress, white is for tutor and sterling grove. And Red for the X spell.

So gemstone mine, city of brass, or some decent duels and fetches can be used. Really you can use whatever you have that fits nicely.:laugh: :laugh:

HOW IT WINS-

So if your looking at the list and wondering, hmmmm how does this work??:eyebrow:

1st. you have Cluster, Fecundity, Ashnods Alter in play and at least 1 card in hand.
Discard a card with cluster, create a token, sac the token, draw a card. You net 1 mana for each saporling sacrificed. (sacking birds and elves is fun too:eek: ) So you eventually get down to whetstone and play it with the mana you have been neting. Then with legacy weapon discarding and going back to ur deck you create infinate Mana. (infinate of any color with pyrexian alter) You then whetstone your opponents entire deck into his GY. He tries to draw a card during upkeep and loses the game.

You can also use the mana you get to burn our opponent.
Cabal therapy can be used so draw and keep combo going.
Duress is there to stop threats to your peices.
The lone 1 Seal of Cleansing is there to make sure your opponents Pithing needs or chalice or leyline of the void or whatever doesnt rape your plans.

Cheap to build, fun to play, a WTF factor, decently competative.