PDA

View Full Version : JankTrinket.Dec

Jonika
12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=141077
My decklist is at this link complete with tags. Plz help me improve this Janky deck.:smile:

Jak
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Tinker and Skullclamp are banned.

Jonika
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Ehh i know. That is why its in the casual forum. =) My playgroup plays with Vintage B/R. Do you have any card suggestions?

Aggro_zombies
12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Ehh i know. That is why its in the casual forum. =) My playgroup plays with Vintage B/R. Do you have any card suggestions?
Yeah, use Legacy-legal cards when you post in a Legacy-only forum.

AngryTroll
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
@ Aggro_Zombies: Yeah, cause all of those Highlander decks that also occupy the Casual forum are Legacy legal. That's why this is in this forum, not N&D.

Divining Tops are going to be awesome at all times of the game-you'll be much happier having one and being able to use your Trinket Mage to find more awesome stuff. It'll even help fix your manabase.

Thirst for Knowledge looks great.

Academy Ruins is awesome. Especially with Thirst for Knowledge as a way to discard it if you draw multiples, I'd run at least two, but no more than three. Bringing back Executioner's Capsules every turn would be great.

Counterspell might be hard with your manabase; if your games all go long, then that's fine, but consider Mana Leak in that spot for the early game.

How is Standstill working for you? You have the four Mishra's Factories to swing under it, but not a ton of removal to clear the way, and Trinket Mages aren't going to be able to swing through a lot of stuff. A different draw spell might suit you better here.

Jonika
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Why thank your Angry Troll, for offering helpful advice and realizing this is the casual forum.:tongue: Sensei's are amazing and I'm thinking of bumping them up to three so I don't have to trinket tutor for them. What other draw spell would you suggest in place of standstill?

AngryTroll
12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, although not a draw spell, I'd use two or three of the Standstill slots for Divining Tops. Drawing multiples is never really a bad thing, as you can use Tinker and Thirst for Knowledge to get rid of them (in addition to casting them for their synergy with your 3 Fetches).

Brainstorm is the next card that jumps to mind, but with only 3 fetches and the Trinket Mages for shuffling, they will probably be sub-par. Ponder is a possibility here.

You want to keep the blue count high for Force, and without Standstill you only have 17 blue cards. You'll never want to pitch Tinker, and I imagine you'd be hesitant to pitch those Trinket Mages too. So you probably need some more blue cards in the Standstill spot, which brings us back to a card draw spot. Fact or Fiction could be a two-of, to go with two more Tops. I'll keep working on a better draw spell.

Mystical Tutor finds your Tinker for you at their end of turn, always awesome.

grahf
01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Consider Aether Spellbomb, it's a great card in my trinket deck. I realize you have the executioner's capsules, but spellbomb is on color and cantrips, which capsule doesn't do.

EDIT - upon actually reading the MTGSalv thread, I see that spellbomb was already suggested.

Also, Auriok Salvagers instead of the gargoyles? It looks like every artifact you can recur is 1cc or less, so being able to do so repeatedly and at instant speed is pretty nice. It might require a little more commitment to white, however.