The Archivist
12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Dream Wizards Legacy #1

FORMAT: 10 proxy Legacy constructed

DATE: Sunday, Jan 18th 2009

11772 Parklawn Dr.
Rockville, MD 20852
www.dreamwizards.com

CONTACT: Phone: 301-881-3530 (for directions) or message me (The Archivist) on this forum.

ENTRY: $16

PRIZE:

If 8 players register:
1st Place - 4x Mox Diamond

If 16 players register:
1st - 4x Mox Diamond
2nd - Force of Will
3rd - $20 dealer credit
4th - $20 dealer credit

If 24+ players register:
All prizes listed above expanded for 1st-4th place with additional prize support through top 8. Additional prizes will consist of legacy staples and dealer credit.

-The above structure is very general. If 15 players show up there will be prize beyond first place. Guaranteed.

GENERAL INFO:

-this is the first of what we hope to be a recurring monthly or bi-monthly legacy tournament series at Dream Wizards. Although Wizards has recently announced that Legacy ratings will count toward composite rating, we are more interested in trying to get new players involved in the format who may not own some of the more expensive dual lands, etc. This is the reasoning behind the 10 proxy structure.

-all proxies must be printed cleanly on a basic land card with a permanent marker and must include all relevant card text

-this tournament is an excellent way to prepare for Grand Prix Chicago in March. I will post top 8 information in a timely manner.

-current or former certified judges will be on hand to answer rulings questions

Hope to see everyone there. Come on out and support a great format!

-Archivist

Janet
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey, I can walk to this.

jrp
12-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Nick Ditizio and I (and possibly Buckingham+others) will be attending this. Anyone from NoVa planning on making this?

URABAHN
12-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Nick Ditizio and I (and possibly Buckingham+others) will be attending this. Anyone from NoVa planning on making this?

It's a strong possibility.

BurnMage
01-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Haven't done Legacy before, but I'll probably come by and give it a shot. May bring a friend too.

Bourgeoise
01-03-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm in, out of curiosity are you planning on keeping the 10 proxy format if you keep doing these tournaments?

That kid you all hate
01-03-2009, 07:47 AM
why proxy legacy?

Jaynel
01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
why proxy legacy?

-this is the first of what we hope to be a recurring monthly or bi-monthly legacy tournament series at Dream Wizards. Although Wizards has recently announced that Legacy ratings will count toward composite rating, we are more interested in trying to get new players involved in the format who may not own some of the more expensive dual lands, etc. This is the reasoning behind the 10 proxy structure.

beastman
01-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I'll definitely be showing up and taking everyones money. I'll probably bring some other people with me too.

Parcher
01-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Is this an event actually originating from Dream Wizards, (first time ever) or has some kind soul finally convinced them to allow a non- Wizards Legacy event at the store?

TripleAgent
01-21-2009, 04:49 PM
So, what happened?

jrp
01-21-2009, 05:12 PM
27 people with prize support extending to the top 8. Ditizio (U/r Dreadstill) and Dan S - aka nitewolf9 (Team America) split in the finals.

Also from my memory the top 8 was:
1/2: U/r Dreadstill
Team America
3/4: 4-color countertop (Goyfs, Confidants, V.Cliques, Swords, Counter/Top)
UW/b Landstill w/MD Vindicates, EE, DOJ
5/8: Gearhart w/Cold-Eye Selkie.dec
Me (JimmyP) w/ UBGw Thresh (with Confidants/Countertop) basically identical to Bardo's build
Breakfast
RGBSA?

Chris (TheArchivist) noted that he is planning to schedule another one of these for sometime in February. It'd be nice if some more people that play at Legends came to the next one. I know you guys mainly play Vintage now, but I'm sure you can make an exception...

The Archivist
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Many thanks to everyone who attended this event, including the VA crowd, who arrived packing some very innovative lists. We are looking forward to offering additional Legacy events in the near future with more robust prize support. Top 8 lists are now posted in the appropriate thread. Stayed tuned to the announcements for details on our next event, most likely Feb. 14th or 15th. Prize pool will include dual lands and playsets of Wastelands and other Legacy staples. Cheers!

-Archivist

Deep6er
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Jimmy P. I'll have you know that it was Major Fluffy, the Furry Fury of the Seven Seas (possible aliases include Weapon of Choice, still debating that one), that Top 8'd. Not stupid Cold-Eyed Selkie.dec. Jerk.

For that, I'm totally keeping your Relic of Progenitus for forever. Sucker. Unless you ask for it back. But if you don't, boy howdy that sucker's mine.

Incidentally, my list was slightly incorrect, I went and posted the revisions in the decklists thread.

nitewolf9
01-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Weapon of Choice is a much better name, Dave. But I'm still drawing pirate paraphernalia all over your Cold-Eye Selkies. Not gona stop me from doing that. No, sir.

Deep6er
01-22-2009, 06:55 AM
I will take your vote into consideration, in the meantime, I would be insulted if you DIDN'T draw pirate paraphernalia all over my Cold-Eyed Selkie's.