PDA

View Full Version : B/G Loamish Rock thing

Jonika
01-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I thought the interaction between Raven's Crime and Loam was interesting and I wanted to build a sort of Rock deck based off of it. It's a complete pile, and any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Lands 24
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Windswept heath
4 Tranquil thicket
3 Black cycling land
X assortment of swamps and forests
Creatures 19

4 Eternal Witness
4 Sakura Tribe Elder
1 Genesis
4 Shriekmaw
2 Tombstalker

Other Spells
3 Life from the loam
4 Raven's Crime
4 Smallpox
4 Hymn to tourach
2 Sensei's Diving Top

rockout
01-01-2009, 02:23 PM
If you look at other loam variants that run raven's crime, they only run a single copy. I think four is is definitely overkill. You'll need Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to make raven's crime even more broken. I think smallpox is amazing in your deck but what about recurring wasteland/ghost quarter. Try some man lands, such as, Treetop Village. Bump your tombstalker count up to 4 to speed up your win condition since you lack goyf.

Illissius
01-01-2009, 02:45 PM
The reason they play only one is because they have ways to tutor for it. If you want to actually draw it consistently -- and it's very powerful, so why wouldn't you -- there's no reason not to play more.

However, 3 Loam and 4 Crime is strange. Crime is fungible, but Loam should definitely be 4 if you're not running Burning Wish.

Jonika
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes running 3 loam is not a good idea. I will bump it up to four. Any other Suggestions as far as creatures? I don't want to play 4 stalkers because I don't want to see one in my opening hand. I totally forgot Volrath's Stronghold and will throw that in.

Off-Topic: I have been goldfishing a competitive Legacy deck and I would like to know if anyone would like to test on MWS with me.

AngryTroll
01-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Worm Harvest is awesome; I'd run one or two in this. Milling it with Life is awesome. You don't need four of them, because you only start casting it late, but you could run one or two to gve you a recurring lategame bomb.

Media314r8
01-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Please test profane command. I play two in my Legacy GBw rock deck, and recurring it with witness or profaning a dork, returning shreikmaw/ 3/1 edict guy to kill goyf as well is the sex. Having loam to dump it into the bin and allow witness to pick it up at any time is obviously a plus.