PDA

View Full Version : Suprise Zombies

No_Life_No_Future
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I know this deck isn't competative at all. BUT ITS FUN!
Land:
22 Island

Creatures (16):
4 Hapless Researcher
4 Cursecatcher
4 Martyr of Frost
4 Spiketail Hatchling

Spells:
4 Intuition
4 Merchant Schroll
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
2 Echoing Truth
4 Bridge from below

The idea is to drop a bunch of crappy creatures to stall the game untill you can get mana for intution. Wait untill your opponent either attacks with a large creature or casts a spell. Then you cast intuition, sac all of your dorks and put 2X as many 2/2 tokens in play.

Let the fun begin...

yankeedave
01-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Can you tell us a little bit more about the deck? Why no cards like Careful Study or Fact or Fiction? Both of those are very good at doing the same job as Hapless Reseracher. How do you deal with a resolved Counter-Top or Chalice for 1?

No_Life_No_Future
01-06-2009, 09:11 AM
If counter top hits the table you have probably lost. You have merchant scroll into echoing truth for chalice. Your creatures all have the ability to counter things so you sacrifice them wisley to avoid chalice, EE, and Counterbalance.

Intuition is used to make zombies at instant speed to avoid having bridges removed by the opponent.

Hapless Researcher is there mainly for his sacrifice ability. He is probably the worst card in the deck. But he has the ability to pitch bridges if you have drawn them.

Bardo
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Thread moved to casual and retitled to be less offensive.

Volt
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
No suprise there.

Willoe
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Teardrop Kami can give you a timewalk vs. Dreadstill, even though Dreadstill doesn't exist in casual. Anyway, strange concept, but I like it :P

I'd play Teardrop Kami mainly because it is minor disruption. I'd prefer that over Hapless Researcher.

You don't want Daze in a deck where it's mandatory to reach 3 lands. You want Spell Snare! Hell, even Foil would do as well even though the loss of an Island could be tough. But Foil puts your dead Bridges you sit with in hand where you want them to be.

It's up to you. Play awesomecounterspell 5-8 in the deck, just not Daze. It's very antisynergistic.

Also, one Echoing Truth could be cut. You could use another silver bullet, like Wipe Away to make sure that you're able to deal with Counterbalance.