PDA

View Full Version : Big Legacy Jan.17th in Binghamton @ Jupiter Games!!

T-ORGANIZER
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Time : Saturday, January 17th, 2009
Doors open at 11am
Registration starts at noon
Tournament starts at 1pm

Where : Jupiter Games
3701 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal, NY 13850
In the Campus Plaza

-1 Hour south of Syracuse, 2.5 Hours from Rochester, 4.5 Hours from North Va., and 2.5 Hours from Ct.

Format : Legacy – Sanctioned
Cost : $10
Judges : Head – Eli Kassis Floor – Carl Winter & Ryan Green

Prizes : To Be Determined based upon attendance, but all entrance fee's will go into the prize guaranteed! (Store has practically every card in stock at arguably the best prices anywhere)

Door Prizes : Will be in product with an equivalent value to the second place prize as we typically do and includes a variety of MTG items such as legacy staples, sleeves, playmats, boosters, and the like.

Random Bonuses :
There’s a Chinese buffet, Wendy’s, and an Apple Bee’s in the same plaza within walking distance. The store is directly across the street from Binghamton University. We have practically every card in stock with better prices than any other dealer! We are always buying (including our own prize support)! We are willing to run any side event anyone can think of, even poker tournaments. We are making arrangements to arrange for more seating for future events so there won't be a crowding issue.

Door Prizes :
As of yet, to be determined. This is for your benefit as there is no telling what will be popular this soon, but I can guarantee you that whatever is popular will be in the door prize and that door prizes value will exceed the value of 2nd place and depending on attendance maybe even 1st place. In this past this has included; Portal 3 Kingdoms product, Vault of the Dragons Promo Box, fetch lands, force's, resets, mana crypts, duals, and much much more!

rsaunder
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
We are making arrangements to arrange for more seating for future events so there won't be a crowding issue.

Nice:wink:

T-ORGANIZER
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Nice:wink:

Tyvm, its an interesting story actually. The store next door finally got bought by a Triple A and they only want a very specific amount of square feet leaving a 5 foot space between our store and theirs so we are trying to acquire that space and expand the store.

Bryant Cook
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Eli, I'm just looking out for you. Prizes TBA are always awful turn outs. I kind of want to go but not knowing what I'm going for is weak.

konsultant
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Eli, I'm just looking out for you. Prizes TBA are always awful turn outs. I kind of want to go but not knowing what I'm going for is weak.

I've got 4 people in my car heading up there.

Bryant Cook
01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I've got 4 people in my car heading up there.

Want a cookie? My point still stands.

That kid you all hate
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm in the same boat.

T-ORGANIZER
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm in the same boat.

What do you guys recommend? People requested I throw this kind of tournament on this date and we typically don't get an awesome turnout when we don't announce the tournament well in advance. Also the registration cost they requested is much lower than typical. At 10$ a head I figured I would just give 100% of the entrance costs back as prizes. Prizes will still be as good as can be. If you guys have any idea's though I am all ears.

Bryant Cook
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Cards worth moneys.

Shriekmaw
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't think its necessary to list prizes, since this event is meant more for the local players in the area. I wouldn't expect too many people to go out of there way just to make it to this tournament.

I agree with bigger tournaments, prizes should be announced, but I treat this as more of a local thing than anything else.

Zach Tartell
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Or you could do what Ray does and offer points based on attendence. For x players first place gets y points, et cetera.

Then list your big items, like hot judge foils and duals and such. Let people know what they could get for store credit.

Or you could offer like 85% cash for points.

You're a math-y guy. I trust you'll figure out some excellent way to do it.

T-ORGANIZER
01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Or you could do what Ray does and offer points based on attendence. For x players first place gets y points, et cetera.

Then list your big items, like hot judge foils and duals and such. Let people know what they could get for store credit.

Or you could offer like 85% cash for points.

You're a math-y guy. I trust you'll figure out some excellent way to do it.

heh I appreciate the compliment. As far as big card stuff I think we have pretty much everything in stock though. I have no problem with 85% conversation rate to cash from store credit for this tournament. 1st place will get 30% of the buying value lets say, 2nd place gets 20%, 3rd place and 4th place 15%, and 5th-8th each get 5% of the prize pool.. What do u guys think, are those numbers good?

Zach Tartell
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I'd go 40-20-10-10-5-5-5-5. First should have almost half of the income.

Also, listing stuff makes you +1 something fierce, and will give people who aren't familiar with your store more likely to show up.

Additionally, I'd still like to dump them Savannahs.

DampingEngine
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I agree with Zach's prize structure & I don't mind credit at all instead of specific cards. I also better ask now while there's still time - anyone from Syracuse going to this who I can hitch a ride with?

T-ORGANIZER
01-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I'd go 40-20-10-10-5-5-5-5. First should have almost half of the income.

Also, listing stuff makes you +1 something fierce, and will give people who aren't familiar with your store more likely to show up.

Additionally, I'd still like to dump them Savannahs.

Alright Zach you win, I will use your #'s. Plus we are always looking to pick up Savannah's :smile: .

Zach Tartell
01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
OH GOD I FINALLY GOT RECOGINITION!!!!!!!

I will certainly not be in attendance, but I'll see if I can get somebody to drop some hottness on you (no homo).

T-ORGANIZER
01-10-2009, 02:04 AM
OH GOD I FINALLY GOT RECOGINITION!!!!!!!

I will certainly not be in attendance, but I'll see if I can get somebody to drop some hottness on you (no homo).

lol, I always recognize u buddy, your one of my favorite players!

T-ORGANIZER
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
If anyone is interested in joining our email list of upcoming events and promotions pm me with your email address and i'll add it to our list.

Bryant Cook
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
It looks like I should be there.

Soto
01-12-2009, 12:14 AM
It looks like I should be there.

3 in 3?

Getsickanddie
01-12-2009, 01:29 AM
If anyone wants to carpool with me (aka let me entertain you while you drive) pm me.

RogueMTG
01-13-2009, 04:15 AM
I'll be there most likely. Always fun.

T-ORGANIZER
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll be there most likely. Always fun.

Sounds good, the more the merrier.

Zach Tartell
01-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Dear Syracuse;

I am interested in attending this event, and will even clean out my car and drive.

Please PM me with a list of sexual favors you'd do to me in order to get in my car.

(I can hold 4 in luxury, five in relative comfort)

Mulletus
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Are there any results from this?

RogueMTG
01-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I think we only had 17-20 players or so. There was some confusion w/the start time.

Top 8 as I remember it:
3 Epic Storm
1 Merfolk (mono Blue)
1 Dreadstill (Ugr no Goyf)
1 Rock (not positive on colors)
2 ?

Didn't see what the last two were.

I left after my buddy w/merfolk got beat by storm so I don't know who ended up winning.

Zach Tartell
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
22 Players.

3 TES
1 Merfolk
1 Dreadstill
1 UWb Landstill
1 UGb Tempo thresh
1 Tombstone

Edit:
1st Landstill
2nd TES (Adam Barnello)
3/4 Bryant Cook (TES)
3/4 Tombstone
5/8 Tempo Thresh
5/8 Merfolk
5/8 TES (Nick Wowelko)
5/8 Dreadstill

Nightmare
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Can anyone tell me if this has been reported to the DCI yet? I sure would like to get my ratings points from this event before Chicago!

EDIT - So, it hasn't been, according to my DCI events history. Carl, Eli, can someone please tell me why it hasn't been?

rockout
01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
What did the prize support end up being for this tournament?

Zach Tartell
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
22x$10= $220.

$220x.4= $88 (first)
$220x.2= $44 (second)
$220x.1= $22 (3/4)
$220x.05= $11 (5-8)

Bryant Cook
01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Can anyone tell me if this has been reported to the DCI yet? I sure would like to get my ratings points from this event before Chicago!

EDIT - So, it hasn't been, according to my DCI events history. Carl, Eli, can someone please tell me why it hasn't been?

I also asked Eli...

Could you send in the results of the 22 man to DCI? I need it to effect my rating for the GP.

We had a mix-up with DCI from the tournament the day before that tournament where the event didn't get reported due to one of my employee's not remembering everything they were supposed to do. I had to wait for DCI to get back to me to clear up the mix-up before their system would let me sanction another tournament. They got back to me by the next day so I sent in the request for a sanctioning # and just changed the tournament date to make it a 2 day tournament which has worked for me in the past, but evidently wizards has upgraded their system and it will no longer allow me to do that anymore. Which means, unfortunately I can't get a sanctioning # for the tournament. I do apologize and I will make sure it doesn't happen again.

cdr
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
That's a pretty fishy excuse. Even assuming it's true, waiting to the day of the event to try sanctiong it is pretty amateur.

Bryant Cook
01-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Chuck can you make something happen? If it goes in I have a bye for the gp.

cdr
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm not the DCI; Eli might have been able to appeal the situation to the DCI to get a sanctioning number, but it's already been almost two weeks. It just wasn't sanctioned, unfortunately.

T-ORGANIZER
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm not the DCI; Eli might have been able to appeal the situation to the DCI to get a sanctioning number, but it's already been almost two weeks. It just wasn't sanctioned, unfortunately.

I emailed John Grant Directly and was unsuccessful. Also I normally get a DCI # well in advance of the event, this event was thrown as a favor to some of the syracuse crowd on short notice as I am told another store had canceled their event for this day. Still I apologize again and in response to the fishy comment I assure you I have nothing to gain from it not being sanctioned. In fact my rating as a store with wizards goes up the more tournaments I sanction.