PDA

View Full Version : Or-chasmic Awakening

Banelich
01-12-2009, 12:55 PM
OK so this is not so much a deck LIST, as it is a card pool, as I can't seem to get the quantities right. This is obviously intended to be a casual, albeit perhaps not a "friendly" casual deck. I foresee Moons / Magus of & Wastelocks & counter being its biggest threats, and am not sure what to do about this either. Basically I'm posting this "deck" list here (minus the quantities) in hope that I might get some input on how much of what to run & some other possible cards with GOOD SYNERGY that I might be missing to make a good "Chasual"deck.

//Lands

Glacial Chasm
Wasteland
Tranquil Thicket
Barren Moor
Horizon Canopy
Bloodstained Mire
Windswept Heath
Bayou
Forest
Swamp

//Critters

Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Spiritmonger
Eternal Witness
Terravore

//Meat

Pernicious Deed
Damnation
Infest
Thoughtseize
Profane Command

//Potatoes

Exploration
Summer Bloom
Crop Rotation
Life from the Loam
Crucible of Worlds
Rude Awakening

The basic idea is to always be able to keep Glacial Chasm out once your opponent starts dropping / playing threats (not paying upkeep & being able to play 3+ lands per turn), be able to clear his / her board via Damnation / Deed / or possibly infest? Then use Rude Awakening, Terravore(s), Monger(s), as win cons, dropping Chasm again on 2nd main phase. Profane Command also is intended as win-con + reanimation in this deck mostly...thought its obviously a nice utility in general. I know the "Potatoes" section is a bit peeled and just the fact that both loam & cruc are in the same package seems off.....but that part just makes sense to me, loam grabs cyclers, cruc plays without the :1: :g: .....Also I KNOW it has no Goyf's....Terravore makes more sense in this to me, it costs 1 more, has trample and is more than likely to be around a 7/7 or 9/9 in the same time a Goyf would be a 5/6 or so, though they are both equally easy to kill.

The list above is almost all intended for MD, and I haven't even given a thought to the SB.....

Anyways ....thoughts? suggestions? idea about the numbers?

Phoenix Ignition
01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I would try to splash blue for Meloku since Meloku is so good with Azusa and Exploration. I've tried a version like this with Capsize as well, but I dunno if that's worth it. The problem with that is that Deeds eats all your win conditions (and is especially good against Rude Awakening, which is why I wouldn't count on it).

Vinelasher Kudzu might be better than your terravores since you're going to have more lands in play than in the graveyard.

Overall it probably won't work because Devastating Dreams + Armageddon + Wasteland + Sinkhole in our current meta, but I've always loved this style (played it in type 2 way back when), and would love to see it succeed.