PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] New York Comic Con to feature Legacy!

ChrisTJs27
01-17-2009, 10:59 AM
TJ Collectibles is proud to announce that we will be running the Magic events at this year's New York Comic Con from February 6th to the 8th - including two LARGE Legacy tournaments with great prizes on both Saturday and Sunday! Join us for a weekend filled with all kinds of exciting events, fun and exclusive prizes found no where else!

We will also have a full service retail booth for your convenience!

Event Schedule
Friday, February 6th
1:00 PM - Convention League Play: Play in our fun league all weekend for only $5.00! That's a whole weekend full of awesome prizes and fun for only $5.00! Standard (Type 2) legal deck required. After your third match, come up and get a prize then play and win MORE!

6:00 PM - SUPER FRIDAY NIGHT MAGIC! Join us for a Super FNM! EVERYONE gets up to three exclusive promo cards. Everyone with a 4-0 record will receive a Magic backpack and booster pack prizes! Format is Sealed Deck. Entry is $25.00.

We will be featuring 8-man single-elimination events ALL weekend long! From Booster Draft, to Standard and Extended. Entry for drafts is $15.00, while constructed events are $5.00.

Saturday, February 7th
10:00 AM - Convention League Play continues!

10:00 to 10:45 AM registration, 11:00 AM start - Conflux RELEASE Event. Your chance to see the new cards! Format is Sealed Deck. Entry is $25.00. Each player receives a free, exclusive promo card. Top 8 finishers each receive a foil textless Mutavault! First place received a COMPLETE set of Conflux!

1:30 PM - 2:15 PM registration , Legacy tournament play! Format is Legacy (no proxies). Entry is $20.00. AWESOME prizes!

8-man side events continue!

Sunday, February 8th
10:00 AM - Convention League Play continues!

10:30 AM - Win a box of Conflux! Format is Sealed Deck. Entry is $25.00. A full booster box of Conflux to the winner!

11:00 AM - SUPER Legacy event! Format is Legacy (no proxies). Entry is $20.00. Winner received a Mirrodin Foil set! Second place is an uncut Urza's sheet! In addition, top 8 will receive a foil textless Mutavault! Wow! Additional prizes based on attendance.

8-man side event continue!

What an exciting weekend!

For further information about the convention itself, please see www.nycomiccon.com. You may also check out our website: www.tjcollect.com, call us 508-473-5874 or e-mail us: Sales@tjcollect.com or tjcollect@aol.com.

We look forward to seeing you there!

UPDATE:
Wizards of the Coast Official Press Release:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/news/01152009

rockout
01-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Everyone with a 4-0 record will receive a Magic backpack and booster pack prizes!

O yeah, you really know how to get me to tournaments. Sounds like a really fun weekend getaway.

1:30 PM - 2:15 PM registration , Legacy tournament play! Format is Legacy (no proxies). Entry is $20.00. AWESOME prizes!

What kind of awesome prizes? Can you at least tell us what the top 2 prizes are?

andrew77
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
What kind of awesome prizes? Can you at least tell us what the top 2 prizes are?

Top finisher to win Mirrodin foil set, second place to win uncut Urzas sheet, Top-8 finishers each win a Mutavault promo card.

But its a 2 day event so you will have to go saturday for swiss and sunday for the top 8.

e=mc^2
01-18-2009, 11:39 AM
So we would have to pay $50 for a weekend pass to the comicon and a $20 entry fee?

Pinder
01-18-2009, 03:36 PM
So we would have to pay $50 for a weekend pass to the comicon and a $20 entry fee?

You say that like a $50 weekend pass is somehow not a fifty-dollar weekend pass to Comicon. You can do other stuff, too.

But yeah, if you're only going for the tournament(s), then it's probably not a good deal.

demoncrovax
01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I know its not in the announcement but your entry into the event will include one free 8 man event. This is per my chat with Tom this past weekend. I will be judging at this event.

Also FTA "For those players only interested in participating in Magic events all weekend, New York Comic Con and Wizards have teamed up in 2009 to bring you a $15 3-day gaming badge that allows you entrance to the gaming area and the Javits Galleria(x)."

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/news/01152009

Bryant Cook
01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I may be going to Comic Con, but I probably won't be playing Magic.