PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Moxen Bazaar & 40 Duals!!! May 30th Binghamton Jupiter Games!

T-ORGANIZER
01-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Three years ago from the date of this tournament I had just graduated college and I decided to open Bottomlesscardsandcomics.com which over the years has now turned into Jupiter Games and become a physical store. I'd like to start holding an annual tournament each year to celebrate the occasion. I figured I would start by holding our biggest legacy tournament ever!

Date
May 30th, 2009
(Saturday)

118 S. Jensen Road
Vestal, New York 13850
(607)797-2290

Host
Jupiter Games!
3701 Vestal Parkway East Suite 7
Vestal, New York 13850
(607)729-5910

Format
- Legacy
- Sanctioned
- Eli Kassis, Ryan Green, and Carl Winter - Judges
- 30$ Registration Fee
- Opening 9am
- Registration 10am
- Start at 11am

Prize Pool (Guaranteed if even 1 person shows up!)

-1x Black Lotus (UL)!
-1x Time Walk (UL)!
-1x Bazaar of Baghdad!
-1x Bazaar of Baghdad!
-1x Bazaar of Baghdad!
-1x Bazaar of Baghdad!
-1x Mana Drain (It)!
-1x Grim Tutor!
-4x Underground Sea!
-4x Tropical Island!
-4x Tundra!
-4x Volcanic Island!
-4x Taiga!
-4x Badlands!
-4x Scrublands!
-4x Plateau!
-4x Bayou!
-4x Savannah!

1st place- 1st and 9th pick from the prize pool
2nd place- 2nd and 10th pick from the prize pool
3rd place- 3rd pick from the prize pool
4th place- 4th pick from the prize pool
5th place- 5th pick from the prize pool
6th place- 6th pick from the prize pool
7th place- 7th pick from the prize pool
8th place- 8th pick from the prize pool
9th place- 11th pick from the prize pool
10th place- 12th pick from the prize pool
11th place- 13th pick from the prize pool
12th place- 14th pick from the prize pool
13th place- 15th pick from the prize pool
14th place- 16th pick from the prize pool
15th place- 17th pick from the prize pool
16th place- 18th pick from the prize pool
17th - 24th place- Free Booster Draft for a Mana Drain!

Additional Incentives
-Hundreds of Dollars more in product given out as door prizes all day!
-1x English Mana Drain will be given out as a door prize!
-Restaurant in the same building open all day
-Bar Opens after 4pm
-Our local store will have our magic collection on hand to buy and sell all singles
-Dozens of Hotels within walking distance
-Every conceivable type of side event anyone could ask for;
(For Ex.)
1.Poker side-tournament
2.Type 4 side-tournament

This is the same location as the source's 5 year anniversary tournament. The whole top floor is reserved for us all day. They can comfortably seat up to 200 people. We are 1 Hour south of Syracuse, 2.5 Hours from Rochester, 4.5 Hours from North Va., and 2.5 Hours from Ct. For every additional 10 players (over 120, our estimated break even amount) the tournament gets another Mox (yes the $300 ones, not chrome or diamond) will be thrown into the prize pool.

ForceofWill
01-25-2009, 12:10 AM
My god this is redic I will try my best to make this.

Di
01-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh my God. There.

RogueMTG
01-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Absolutely Redonkulous, almost guaranteed to be there.

revenge_inc
01-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Absolutely Redonkulous
With any luck you'll have conflict free weekend.

T-ORGANIZER
01-25-2009, 11:17 AM
With any luck you'll have conflict free weekend.

I did a search and no one else has a tournament scheduled for this date yet, but still gotta hope that doesn't change.

scrumdogg
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
You have posted it first, so anyone running a Legacy tournament within 5 hours on that day is either a local or a dick. My daughter graduates HS in WV on the 31st, so sadly I miss this one, which is a shame because Eli has been supportive of our format & playing Magic in the bar was fantastic at the 5 Year :cool:

Brushwagg
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
WOW!! Planning to be there.

Bryant Cook
01-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Keep my Lotus mint.

KillemallCFH
01-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Hopefully Eastern MA can make it out to this. I'm most likely missing the GP, so I sure as fuck wouldn't want to miss this too.

Patrick
01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
This is fantastic! I'm glad to see people putting huge effort into the Legacy format; I've been playing for years, and this looks like one of the best I've seen. I'll try to get some people together and make the trip out there!

rsaunder
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Woah. I'll try my best to make this one.

That kid you all hate
01-25-2009, 07:10 PM
So you can hand Bryant more money?

T-ORGANIZER
01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
You have posted it first, so anyone running a Legacy tournament within 5 hours on that day is either a local or a dick. My daughter graduates HS in WV on the 31st, so sadly I miss this one, which is a shame because Eli has been supportive of our format & playing Magic in the bar was fantastic at the 5 Year :cool:

Bummer, was hoping to get around any graduation dates sorry man. I'm glad to see everyone else is psyched though, I would love to start doing more of these!

Getsickanddie
01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Holy fuck, you weren't kidding when you said you wanted to do one of these events. You are the fucking man, and I'll be there no matter what.

VsTheWorld
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Holy fucking prize support. I'm there, no question.

KillemallCFH
01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Holy fucking prize support. I'm there, no question.Well, looks like I'm there too, then.

T-ORGANIZER
03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I hope people are still psyched for this tourney even though it's still far off.

cwt1220
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Can't wait to go to this, It's going to be great!

-Chris-

KillemallCFH
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
My brother and I are still planning on attending this, which leads me to 2 questions:

A) Is there anyone else from Mass who wants to carpool with us?

B) Since I doubt my brother is going to want to drive to NY the morning of the event, is there anyone in NY who would be willing to let a few people crash at their place for a night?

beastman
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I'll definetely try to make it up to this event, I don't know who else from NOVA is going yet...

T-ORGANIZER
03-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I'll definetely try to make it up to this event, I don't know who else from NOVA is going yet...

Excellent :: Insert evil laughter :: Excellent

T-ORGANIZER
03-13-2009, 11:34 AM
My brother and I are still planning on attending this, which leads me to 2 questions:

B) Since I doubt my brother is going to want to drive to NY the morning of the event, is there anyone in NY who would be willing to let a few people crash at their place for a night?

I'm gonna be crazy busy the night before setting up, but if you can't get anyone else let me know.

sunshine
03-13-2009, 01:45 PM

I'm thinking about going to this and could give you a ride if that works out. Chances are I'd be going up Saturday morning since Friday would be taken up driving to Mass from Maine.

sunshine
03-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Scratch that - we have graduation the week before this. I can almost certainly give you a ride on Friday as I'll already be back in Mass. Also, If anyone else from Mass. wants a ride let me know.

ForceofWill
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I'll likely be going not sure yet about how or with who.

Sage
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Absolutely amazing prize support!!!!+1

I will do everything I can to attend this. An annual tournament is exactly what I was hopping for...and it's not too far away! I can only hope that the attendance is just as good/better than the Source Tourney was last year. Go Jupiter Games!

T-ORGANIZER
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Absolutely amazing prize support!!!!+1

I will do everything I can to attend this. An annual tournament is exactly what I was hopping for...and it's not too far away! I can only hope that the attendance is just as good/better than the Source Tourney was last year. Go Jupiter Games!

Haha thanks guys.

100miles&runnin
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
you can count on quite a few of us from Ontario coming to this

B.C.
03-15-2009, 11:52 AM

I am strongly considering going to this. If I do, you two are obviously welcome to ride with me. I would probably want to leave early Saturday morning, however.

Nemcon
04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow I just saw this now...and dang, it's right after I leave NY for the summer. Maybe I'll make the drive, I don't know, really depends on my cash situation.
But the prizes sound amazing.

The Pharmacist
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Keep my Lotus mint.

That`s more like keep my lotus mint!

Shriekmaw
04-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Make sure the store has a Beta black lotus on hand, because after winning this tournament, I plan to upgrade it.

The Pharmacist
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Make sure the store has a Beta black lotus on hand, because after winning this tournament, I plan to upgrade it.
Your not going to win this tournament. I`ll put money on that!

ForceofWill
04-08-2009, 01:14 AM
if anyone wants a ride from MA I pm me.

ShiftyKapree
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I know I will make it out for this one. The 18th tourny was a blast and hope to at least top 16 this time.

That kid you all hate
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
turns out I may have something that I am obligated to attend instead.

T-ORGANIZER
04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
turns out I may have something that I am obligated to attend instead.

Your gonna miss your chance for revenge upon the canadians? I hear they had your number last week..

That kid you all hate
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Your gonna miss your chance for revenge upon the canadians? I hear they had your number last week..

It's a sports thing that I am obligated to go to. As much as I want to get back at canada, it'll have to be another time.

beastman
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone sounds shook. What did you do to the kid Cappie?

goobafish
04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Someone sounds shook. What did you do to the kid Cappy?

It involved a threesome of Lightning Bolts and a very well timed Spell Snare from me, and a beautifully surprising Mindslaver from Lam.

That kid you all hate
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
It involved a threesome of Lightning Bolts and a very well timed Spell Snare from me, and a beautifully surprising Mindslaver from Lam.

If it had been anything but those 2 cards...

RogueMTG
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
If it had been anything but those 2 cards...

...the Canadians would have beat you with something else...:rolleyes:

T-ORGANIZER
05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Lots of Foil DCI promo's are going to be added to the door prizes we just got a bunch in. Includes; Hellsparks, PATHS!, Reejery's, Vanquishers, Thoctars, and more..

rockout
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
If someone from southeastern CT or western area CT wants to carpool. I think I have atleast 1 seat possibly 2 if you want to try and squeeze 3 people in the back of my 2000 maxima se.

afireinside3241
05-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I'll be there to add that lotus to the mox i won last time.

ShiftyKapree
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
This will certainly be a good time

T-ORGANIZER
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm getting psyched up for it. I scheduled this over 6 months ago and it's finally here.

snorlaxcom
05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Anyone able to give me a lift(gas money of course I'm up for putting in), please? Very eager to play some legacy, so PM me. I'm from Silver Spring, MD.

true story
05-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Oh wow you didn't tell me you were gonna buy a lotus

true story
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I'd love to see some Street Fighter 2 at this event... I want my revenge Eli... True story

T-ORGANIZER
05-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd love to see some Street Fighter 2 at this event... I want my revenge Eli... True story

Haha, I'll see what I can do to get us a tv there. However I don't own the system or the game...

true story
05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Haha, I'll see what I can do to get us a tv there. However I don't own the system or the game...

Well that sucks... I guess getting drunk and playing cards will have to do.

The Pharmacist
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Well that sucks... I guess getting drunk and playing cards will have to do.

You don`t have to go to Vestal to get drunk and play cards. You can do that at your house. It`s not like your going to win anything anyways. LoL

The Pharmacist
05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh wow you didn't tell me you were gonna buy a lotus

I`m not going to buy one. I`m going to win it, then tell you about it on the ride home!

That kid you all hate
05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
You don`t have to go to Vestal to get drunk and play cards. You can do that at your house. It`s not like your going to win anything anyways. LoL

Just let him hand you his money and be happy for it.

Obfuscate Freely
05-18-2009, 08:40 PM

If you guys are serious about this, I could provide a Sega Genesis (with the six-button controllers, obv.), along with both SF2: Championship Edition and SF2: The New Challengers.

We used to bring this setup on most of our interstate Magic trips, but every time we managed to actually hook it up during the tournament, it ended up getting pushed aside between rounds by some jerk with a Gamecube and Smash Bros.

That kid you all hate
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Turns out that there is about a 50% chance that I can attend.

T-ORGANIZER
05-19-2009, 01:03 AM
If you guys are serious about this, I could provide a Sega Genesis (with the six-button controllers, obv.), along with both SF2: Championship Edition and SF2: The New Challengers.

We used to bring this setup on most of our interstate Magic trips, but every time we managed to actually hook it up during the tournament, it ended up getting pushed aside between rounds by some jerk with a Gamecube and Smash Bros.

There is no chance you would get pushed aside, but idk if they will let us setup a tv in there or not. We're going to have to ask when we get there.

Just so everyone is aware. This is at the American Legion which is a block away from Jupiter Games. There is limited internet access there so cash purchases will be much quicker and much more appreciated. We will have credit card capabilities, but it will be much slower and more difficult.

true story
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Just let him hand you his money and be happy for it.

Says the scumbag! hahaha

true story
05-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Ok A) it's not my house it's my moms and B) there's no competition in my hood. Besides I finished 3rd and 7th in back to back dual drafts, and I was drunk as shit. When'd you ever finish 3rd?

Zach Tartell
05-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok A) it's not my house it's my moms and B) there's no competition in my hood. Besides I finished 3rd and 7th in back to back dual drafts, and I was drunk as shit. When'd you ever finish 3rd?

OH SNAP THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN DROPPED

Shriekmaw
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Why are you two even arguing? You both suck. True Story

true story
05-19-2009, 01:15 PM

Says the serial killer... Nick I love ya man, don't kill me, but if we play eachother on the 30th I'm kicking your ass! True story.

The Pharmacist
05-19-2009, 04:02 PM

You shouldn`t talk at all.I never seen you with a winning record.

The Pharmacist
05-19-2009, 04:06 PM

Ok you got me, I never made a top 8. On the other hand, I don`t live with my mom and, I have my own house. You should thank me. If I didn`t give you a ride, you would have never made top 8

Shriekmaw
05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I shouldn`t talk at all.I never seen myself with a winning record.

QFT.

True Story

true story
05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok you got me, I never made a top 8. On the other hand, I don`t live with my mom and, I have my own house. You should thank me. If I didn`t give you a ride, you would have never made top 8

Oh no you didn't!! I thought were gonna have a little fun now you're treating me like I'm Mike Glow. Low blow. I don't care if I live with my mom, I'm shameless. Thanks for the rides, asshole, hope we don't play on the 30th cause it's my turn to win.

@ Nick does QFT mean?

rockout
05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Quit Fucking Talking

The Pharmacist
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Quit Fucking Talking

Trash talking is part of the fun. If you don't like it , then stay out of it!

snorlaxcom
05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
SoOo yea..... again, can anyone give me a ride to this? I know it's short notice, but I am willing to incur some flaming (and of course any transportation fees) to get to this event. Peace.

T-ORGANIZER
05-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Don't forget we are having a legacy tournament this sat. May 23rd as well. Details are in the tournament forum's, but needless to say it is a good opportunity to test out your decks or settle some grudges hint hint..

munkie
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I need a deck.

That kid you all hate
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I need a deck.

So don't come?

T-ORGANIZER
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I need a deck.

Bring what you got and we'll see what we can dig up to finish it off.

true story
05-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I need a deck.

I have no idea who you are but considering you're in Team Left field I prolly know you so if you want you can rock my Goblin deck on the 30th, but if you win anything you gotta hook me up with a lil something.

revenge_inc
05-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Bring what you got and we'll see what we can dig up to finish it off.

Is it possible to pre-order singles from the store? Is buying/selling permitted in the store?

scrumdogg
05-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Jaw dropping quote: Is buying/selling permitted in the store?

Are you stupid? Do you wander into Pizza Hut & start selling slices? Why would Eli (or any store/TO) possibly object to you showing up, not contribute a damn thing toward the cost of the event & business and start sucking away their business & profit? Now, realistically, this stuff always happens at every event, but have the class to do it low key & outside, surreptitiously and shamefully, as you undermine the guy running these amazing events...for us... And it isn't like Eli is Altered Prices where you pay extra-premium or some hole-in-the-wall joint (NOT a reference to Kevin btw...) with no singles. Eli (and Kevin) have good-to-great card selection and value, and deserve our economic support.

Zach Tartell
05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
As long as you're not setting up a table and selling shit I'm pretty sure Eli doesn't give a shit if you sell a few cards outta you're binder, he's not a hater which is why everybody likes him. For the record he doesn't care if you get shit faced either, which is why I like him lol.

No. No no no. No no no no no no. Don't sell things at stores that you don't own. Shit's mad tactless. Like dropping yo mama jokes on somebody whose mom either recently died or was disowned for making a coat out of your ridiculous number of dalmatians.

Try this:
Don't buy things from people that aren't Eli (or another representative of the store)(although Eli has historically given me way better deals for whatever I was going for at the time)
Don't sell things to people that aren't Eli
Don't bother asking, 'cause doing so is super dirty.
Look at it like this:

Eli is holding a retardedly well supported tournament.
He regularly holds tournaments that help to develop and maintain the legacy community in the area
He has retardedly good prices.
He'll buy anything you have.
Don't fuck with someone who has done so much to keep the community going strong.

T-ORGANIZER
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Try this:
Don't buy things from people that aren't Eli (or another representative of the store)(although Eli has historically given me way better deals for whatever I was going for at the time)
Look at it like this:

He regularly holds tournaments that help to develop and maintain the legacy community in the area
Don't fuck with someone who has done so much to keep the community going strong.

Tartell you are a mighty nice person, but I do want to give him permission to sell cards at my shop. People will just go outside and do it anyway so I usually make an announcement at the beginning of my tournaments that it is permissable. However a dealer, or anyone with a dealer sized collection, trying to $1 undercut the shop on singles or offer more for cards being purchased during a negotiation with the shop will be extremely frowned upon. I will also be posting a buylist either today or tomorrow for those needing the guarantee of a few bucks.

T-ORGANIZER
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
BUYLIST (Units of Trade/Subtract 15% for Cash amounts)
Polluted Delta - 16
Flooded Strand - 13
BloodStained Mire- 11
Wooded Foothills- 11
Windswept Heath- 10
Underground Sea- 33
Taiga- 18
Savannah- 18
Bayou- 18
Plateau- 16
Tropical Island- 24
Volcanic Island- 21
Tundra- 24
Scrubland- 18
Badlands- 18
Reflecting Pool- 11
Force of Will- 16
Jitte- 10
Engineered Explosives- 8
Chrome Mox- 10
Mox Diamond- 14
Aether Vial- 2.50
Standstill- 2.50
Sensei’s Tops- 2.50
Thoughtseize- 12
Figure of Destiny- 10
Rofello’s - 5
Doubling Season - 5
Elspeth - 18
Ajani Goldmane- 4
Vindicate - 6
Banefire - 5
Mutavault - 10
Gaea’s Cradle - 12
Natural Order- 10
Tarmogoyf – 23

T-ORGANIZER
05-21-2009, 12:04 PM
This is just a list of the hot cards we are always seeking out, we buy junk rares and junk foils at .10 cents each. We buy all other rares at our usual rates (65% in trade of what we sell it at and 50% in cash of what we sell it at).

revenge_inc
05-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Tartell you are a mighty nice person, but I do want to give him permission to sell cards at my shop. People will just go outside and do it anyway so I usually make an announcement at the beginning of my tournaments that it is permissable. However a dealer, or anyone with a dealer sized collection, trying to $1 undercut the shop on singles or offer more for cards being purchased during a negotiation with the shop will be extremely frowned upon. I will also be posting a buylist either today or tomorrow for those needing the guarantee of a few bucks.

Alright thanks for the heads up. People mad freaked out on me (somewhat with reason) because I know that in the vast majority of shops it is highly frowned upon. However I have been to a few shops dealing very little in singles where it was permitted.

And it isn't like Eli is Altered Prices where you pay extra-premium or some hole-in-the-wall joint (NOT a reference to Kevin btw...) with no singles. Eli (and Kevin) have good-to-great card selection and value, and deserve our economic support.

Well, good to know that T-ORGANIZER has good prices (and that his name is Eli). Who's Kevin? Having never been to any Legacy tournament in the US should I know this person?

Is it possible to pre-order singles from the store?
This question remains to be answered. (I still need to pick up a Bloodstained Mire for my deck and possibly a few other small things)

T-ORGANIZER
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
This question remains to be answered. (I still need to pick up a Bloodstained Mire for my deck and possibly a few other small things)

Yes, sorry I missed that question. You are more than welcome to pm me with requests and we can either use paypal, cc, or mail in payment for the cards. Pm me with what you want, I will give you prices on everything, then reply with what you want and where and when you plan to get it along with how you want to pay for it and we'll go from there.

true story
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
No. No no no. No no no no no no. Don't sell things at stores that you don't own. Shit's mad tactless. Like dropping yo mama jokes on somebody whose mom either recently died or was disowned for making a coat out of your ridiculous number of dalmatians.

Try this:
Look at it like this:

Relax Zach, I didn't mean to sound like a dick but I know that as long as you ain't taking money out of his pocket Eli doesn't mind a transaction or two that's all I was trying to say.

revenge_inc
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, sorry I missed that question. You are more than welcome to pm me with requests and we can either use paypal, cc, or mail in payment for the cards. Pm me with what you want, I will give you prices on everything, then reply with what you want and where and when you plan to get it along with how you want to pay for it and we'll go from there.
Thanks for the quick reply! Will PM you in the days to come.

The Pharmacist
05-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Zach I`m sure it was you that sold me 4 japanese heaths in Eli store. Eli is not an ass, and for the most part he`s cool with it.

cwt1220
05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Birdman and I will be in a car with 3 others, and there may also be enough from our area for another car load. Can't wait for this!!

-Chris-

Happy Gilmore
05-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Is it me, or does it seem quiet around here? With such amazing prize support how can people not be chatting it up?

Oh, and unless your legs are broken, anyone living in New York should make this tournament, no excuses.

rockout
05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Relax Zach, I didn't mean to sound like a dick but I know that as long as you ain't taking money out of his pocket Eli doesn't mind a transaction or two that's all I was trying to say.

You got banned from a store? I guess you must have deserved it.

Unknown2
05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I've definitely got 5 of us from GTA coming and actually making it on time this time...

rocking the finger armour :cool:

goobafish
05-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Looks like my car won't be making this one, you other Canadians better represent.

cwt1220
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Looks like my car won't be making this one, you other Canadians better represent.

WHAT!?!?! There better be one hell of an excuse!! lol

-Chris

goobafish
05-25-2009, 12:15 PM
WHAT!?!?! There better be one hell of an excuse!! lol

-Chris

Is flying to PT Honolulu at 5am the day after I would get home from this a good enough excuse? I mean, ya it's not Legacy, but its Hawaii.

cwt1220
05-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Is flying to PT Honolulu at 5am the day after I would get home from this a good enough excuse? I mean, ya it's not Legacy, but its Hawaii.

Alright, I guess that is fine. Have fun and good luck.

-Chris-

C.P.
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM

We have a car going, but us Hamilitonians suck... ;p

I'll try not to be a shame on Canada.

Bryant Cook
05-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Excuses from the Canadians. Even our 12 year olds are better than you.

C.P.
05-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Go ask Nightmare just who lost to Demigod from the Worst player in Waterloo. ;p

goobafish
05-25-2009, 02:44 PM

Wasn't it the EPIC crew that played T2 in Syracuse rather than play Legacy for a Mox in Vestal?

TrialByFire
05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Can't miss this epic prize support. Eli's tourneys always rock!

Bryant Cook
05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Wasn't it the EPIC crew that played T2 in Syracuse rather than play Legacy for a Mox in Vestal?

Nope. None of us play t2.

That date happened to be a bad day for epic. After all some magic players have lives.

true story
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM
You got banned from a store? I guess you must have deserved it.

Do I know you? I'm guessin not or else you'd know the story. Yes I got banned from a store and yes I deserved it. It was the tragic side effects of drinking a liter of rum every friday night at magic. It doesn't say the drunkest magic player ever for no reason.

Zach Tartell
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I will not be making cookies for everybody (like last time).

But I'm gonna play around making sugar cookies with the mana symbols on them.

Anybody have a good method for making them? 'Cause I'm a piss poor artist.

true story
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm not sure what type of advice you're looking for exactly but I'd roll the dough out and try to cut mana symbol shaped cookies as opposed to trying to draw mana symbols with frosting. Then you could frost them white, blue, red, green, but I'm not sure about black.

Getsickanddie
05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
If anybody would like the privilege of driving me to this, holla.

true story
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM

I have no idea who half the people on here are, who are you? and maybe.

rockout
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Do I know you? I'm guessin not or else you'd know the story. Yes I got banned from a store and yes I deserved it. It was the tragic side effects of drinking a liter of rum every friday night at magic. It doesn't say the drunkest magic player ever for no reason.

I don't have to know you to not care about your story. You mentioned selling cards at a store and then I remember reading you got banned from a store. I was merely voicing that I can see why you got banned.

true story
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't have to know you to not care about your story. You mentioned selling cards at a store and then I remember reading you got banned from a store. I was merely voicing that I can see why you got banned.

You're right you don't have to know me. Being that I'm relatively new to the source I just wanted to know if maybe I knew you. For the record I didn't get banned for selling cards.

Getsickanddie
05-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I have no idea who half the people on here are, who are you? and maybe.

Trevor

true story
05-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Trevor

I'm riding with BFS I'll see how many he has in his car and ask him whats up?

The Pharmacist
05-27-2009, 05:56 AM

I think I`m driving to this. If you want you can go with me.

bigbear102
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Who is Jap Foil???

Nightmare
05-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Who is Jap Foil???

Adam Phillips

Nightmare
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Guys, I don't know if you've been following this thread or not, but this is gonna be a retarded tournament. Get as many here as you can.

Shout out to the bar crew. It's open at 4, and I'm buying a round.

Bryant Cook
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Guys, I don't know if you've been following this thread or not, but this is gonna be a retarded tournament. Get as many here as you can.

I will be using Matt Abold at some point.

Raider Bob
05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Nope. None of us play t2.

That date happened to be a bad day for epic. After all some magic players have lives.

LIES!!!!!

Happy Gilmore
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I'll be bringing my 600 card cube with me to this, so that will be available for play.

Wereodile
05-27-2009, 01:51 PM

You need something that's the equivalent of a cookie cutter/stamp to make the imprint of the mana symbols onto the cookies, think potato stamp. As for what to "carve" the stamp out of I have no idea. Now that's opposed to just decorating the cookies with frosting or etc. I could see that getting a little tiring if it's a large batch.

I hope that was some help

Parcher
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM

1) Holy shit, you're coming?

2) Make sure an grab me for this.

T-ORGANIZER
05-27-2009, 05:16 PM

They just called me and I told them to open at noon!

Happy Gilmore
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM

Its a deal, as long as I can return the favor. I hope you guys are planning on going out saturday night. My car is staying over and leaving Sunday, so lets party.

sunshine
05-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Kinda last minute but if anyone from the Reading, PA area needs a ride to this let me know.

Also, I'm a big fan of the EDH side event - what's the chance of the happening?

The Pharmacist
05-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Kinda last minute but if anyone from the Reading, PA area needs a ride to this let me know.

Also, I'm a big fan of the EDH side event - what's the chance of the happening?

I would like to see some poker going on. I`m not sure if I can play, because I`ll be winning a lotus. I`m sure some others would like to play.

Nightmare
05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
1) Holy shit, you're coming?

2) Make sure an grab me for this.

It's been over a month since I've played in a tournament of any kind. I've got an itch to scratch. Also, drinking. And other substance abuse.

On EDH - I'll bring both my decks, but people will only want to play against one of them.

The Pharmacist
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
It's been over a month since I've played in a tournament of any kind. I've got an itch to scratch. Also, drinking. And other substance abuse.

On EDH - I'll bring both my decks, but people will only want to play against one of them.

It will be good to see you playing cards with us again. I'll see you at the bar for a drink.

true story
05-28-2009, 10:36 AM
It will be good to see you playing cards with us again. I'll see you at the bar for a drink.

Did somebody say drink?!

Bryant Cook
05-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I would like to inform everyone that Jaynel and his crew are vaginas that will not being attending. That is all.

Vagina.

Jaynel
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I would like to inform everyone that Jaynel and his crew are vaginas that will not being attending. That is all.

Vagina.

Why does Bryant care so much?

BCook3289: because i think of u before i go to bed
BCook3289: every night

The truth comes out.

Zach Tartell
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't think I'm actually going to make the cookies.

Bryant Cook
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Stuff taken out of context is awesome.

That nice guy
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Me and my entire team are goin. I had a dream last night that I abandoned my family and friends to be there. No joke.

rockout
05-28-2009, 04:20 PM
^ Lol

bigbear102
05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I will be using Matt Abold at some point.

Seeing as I will be there, not so much buddy. Sorry to ruin your fun.

Parcher
05-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.

Getsickanddie
05-29-2009, 12:07 AM
What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns?

******s?

Bryant Cook
05-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Seeing as I will be there, not so much buddy. Sorry to ruin your fun.

Why not?

BKclassic
05-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there going to be webcam coverage of this? My Saturday is booked if it is.

Parcher
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
******s?

You can shut it. Or, just be like the rest of EPIC and call us winners.

Bryant Cook
05-29-2009, 01:25 AM
You can shut it. Or, just be like the rest of EPIC and call us winners.

Um...no? I'm a winner. You can go lose with Ichorid.

Krieger
05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.

******s?

While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.

Phthisisity
05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
we got 2 cars coming from poughkeepsie, including a terrorist that may talk trash to you saying things such as" kobe", and "blouses"! don't ask me, i still don't know. just be prepared for another poughkeepsie win.

TheBirdMan
05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Noun
Wikipedia has an article on:
Unicorn

Singular
unicorn

Plural
unicorns

There you go.

edgewalker
05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Still what do you call a group of them.

Singular: Goose
Plural: Geese
A bunch of them: Flock

Is it a herd of unicorns?

Zach Tartell
05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Does that make it a monflock?

Joe_C
05-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Im coming to this along with other members of Team Awesome.

I am packing a hygeine bag, I suggest you stanky Mo'fo's do the same for everyone's sake

T-ORGANIZER
05-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there going to be webcam coverage of this? My Saturday is booked if it is.

I assume CDR wants to do it again he has in the past few.

beastman
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm curious. Who out of you will I have to beat in the finals? Also, a large group of unicorns is refered to as an orgy of unicorns, as Krieger already told you.

cdr
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm in Seattle currently. Hi!

No coverage from me.

bigbear102
05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
No coverage necessary. Bigbear won, with the rest of EPIC rounding out the top 8, then Syracuse players taking the top 16. Virginians and Massholes all finished in a tie for last place.

revenge_inc
05-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Hope everyone has fun...2 different carpools canceled FTL :frown:

Black and Blue
05-30-2009, 05:57 PM
132 people in attendance. I scrubbed out but went away a winner after trading in a bunch of shit for 6 duals (5 FBB and 1 Beta) :)

Michael Keller
05-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I just got done speaking with the rest of Left Field on the phone:

I know konsultant (Geoff Smelski) was 5-1 and munkie (Alex Artese) were 5-1 going into the seventh round.

From what I also understand, Bryant Cook was 4-2.

Brushwagg
05-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Lack of coverage FTL.

On a plus note Monster Trucks were awesome.

Michael Keller
05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I just spoke with konsultant:

I can at least confirm munkie and konsultant are in top eight. I've also been told there are at least several Merfolk decks in the top eight.

Go Left Field!

emidln
05-30-2009, 10:54 PM
are u down stairs

Michael Keller
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Nope I'm in D.C. I texted Geoff about an hour ago. But that was the last I heard from him.

Michael Keller
05-30-2009, 11:50 PM
I just got off the phone with konsultant. He made Top 4 after beating Merfolk and subsequently lost to it. Here was what he laid out as a rough sketch of the Top 8 decks:

3x Merfolk
1x Landstill
1x Elf Survival
1x Ichorid
1x Goyf Sligh
1x Zoo variant

Bryant Cook
05-31-2009, 02:32 AM
I finished in 10th place (6-2). Receiving a Grim Tutor, report following soon. I beat 2 landstill variants, 2 Tempo thresh, Zoo, and goblins.

munkie
05-31-2009, 02:36 AM
A solid return for me. Top 8 with Ichorid beating 3 threshold decks, mirror, Zoo, and Survival. Lost twice to Merfolk (including Top 8, which I kinda punted that I will account to fatigue, ha), and Survival Elves skeeted on my face after a pretty savage game 3 draw. Went home with a Bazaar after finally not playing a real deck and not silly green cards, much to the dismay of one David Gearhart.

T-ORGANIZER
05-31-2009, 03:45 AM
132 people like they said in attendance. Exceeded the source tournament. I really couldn't be happier with the turnout. I am already scheduling the next one with the same prize structure on November 14th at the same place. Details soon to follow. I'll post the top 16 results in a day or so after I get my shop back in order from the move as well as standings. I apologize for the lack of coverage, but most everyone was at the event playing and couldn't spare the time. We had a few to many re-pairings which I apologize for and I will personally make sure that doesn't happen more than once in a tournament again. All in all I felt it was a very successful tournament and hope everyone had a great time.

The Pharmacist
05-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks Eli for a great tournament.I had a really good time.

SpatulaOfTheAges
05-31-2009, 11:28 AM
It was awesome.

All those merfolk players just fucking love fish sticks.

munkie
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah... I agree. Stupid little fish men and their silly artifacts.

J.V.
05-31-2009, 12:11 PM
It was awesome.

All those merfolk players just fucking love fish sticks.

I bet they listen to Kanye West too.

Jim Higginbottom
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Eli for a great tournament. I went 4-4 with TES losing to 2 landstill variants, survival (i punted game 3), and losing one match to deadguy ale (land destruction can hurt with only 10 lands and the only artifact mana in hand being LED). I had a lot of fun and plan on continuing to play TES.

Joe_C
05-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Awesome tournament. Aside from not sleeping the night before and having a 5 hour drive back home this was totally worth it.

I started my day going 0-2, then proceeded to 2-0 my next 3 opponents, then had to mulligan way too often and got raped by my next 2 opponents.

Still an amazing event and would consider going to another if my boys all want to stay the night there in NY next time instead of trooping it back to CT after 10 hours of Magic.

T-ORGANIZER
05-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Well the next one is all set for November 14th if you guys want to book your rooms early. I'm glad everyone had a good time and it was nice to see it was a resounding success. People had me worried with low estimates all the time. The consensus most people were giving me was that I would peak at about 75 and I was truly elated to get 132.

I'm thinking of holding a 1k standard tournament in the next month or so, but I want some reassurance that it will be a success. Anyone on here interested?

Dan Turner
05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
What is this standard i hear talk of?

zulander
05-31-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm thinking of holding a 1k standard tournament

Those are some fightin words right thurr. Although cascade swans would be fun.

DampingEngine
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the great tourney again Eli! (This is Doug McKay). I'd come to a Standard event & some of the people I came with this weekend probably would too. I'll mention it to people at Altered when I go there for std. Also, congrats to Shane Grime (2nd place merfolk player)!

zulander
05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
So who actually won the tournament?

T-ORGANIZER
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Top 8 Results and Decklists;
Mike Farrell (1st)
1 Barbarian Ring
4 Taiga
7 mountain
4 bloodstained mire
4 wooded foothills
4 tarmogoyf
4 mogg fanatic
4 figure of destiny
4 grim lavamancer
3 keldon marauders
2 vexing shusher
3 fireblast
4 price of progress
4 lightning bolt
4 chain lightning
4 magma jet

sb
2 red elemental blast
2 pyroblast
3 tormods crypt
3 krosan grip
2 pithing needle
1 meltdown
2 shattering spree

Shane Grime (2nd)
4 curse catcher
4 silvergail adept
4 lord of atlantis
4 merrow reejery
3 wake thrasher
4 aether vial
2 relic of progenitus
4 brainstorm
4 force of will
3 daze
3 stifle
3 standstill
3 mutavault
2 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
4 wasteland
1 minamo school at waters edge
6 islands

sb
4 submerge
2 echoing truth
2 reins of power
2 hydroblast
2 blue elemental blast
1 relic of progenitus
2 umezawa's jitte

Danny Jordan (3rd)
4 curse catcher
4 silvergail adept
4 lord of atlantis
4 merrow reejery
4 Tarmogoyf
3 stifle
4 standstill
4 daze
4 force of will
4 aether vial
4 island
3 tropical island
3 polluted delta
3 flooded strand
4 wasteland
4 mutavault

sb
4 krosan grip
4 relic of progenitus
2 hydroblast
2 umezawa's jitte
3 red elemental blast

Geoffrey Smelski (4th)
4 Swords to plowshares
3 wrath of god
3 decree of justice
1 eternal dragon
2 elspeth
3 vindicate
2 Engineered explosives
2 nevinyrel's disk
4 brainstorm
3 standstill
3 fact or fiction
3 counterspell
4 force of will
4 tundra
1 underground sea
1 scrubland
2 plains
2 island
1 swamp
4 flooded strand
3 polluted delta
2 wasteland
3 mishra's factory
1 academy ruins
1 tolaria west

sb
3 spellsnare
3 negate
2 orim's chant
2 humility
4 engineered plague
1 liliana vess

Michael Cutrone (5th)
3 wasteland
2 snow covered island
5 island
3 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
4 mutavault
2 vendilion clique
2 sower of temptation
2 wake thrasher
4 merrow reejerey
4 curse catcher
4 lord of atlantis
4 silvergill adept
4 standstill
3 daze
4 force of will
4 aether vial
4 brainstorm

sb
2 chill
1 stifle
3 echoing truth
1 hydroblast
2 blue elemental blast
3 relic of progenitus
3 vedalken shackles

Dominic Lodovichettie (6th)
4 tarmogoyf
4 wild nacatl
4 qsali pridemage
4 kird ape
3 grim lavamancer
2 vexing shusher
2 wooly thoctar
4 lightning bolt
4 price of progress
3 path to exile
3 sylvan library
3 chain lightning
4 wooded foothills
4 windswept heath
1 bloodstained mire
2 taiga
2 plateau
1 savannah
3 horizon canopy
1 forest
1 mountain
1 plains

sb
3 pyroclasm
2 umezawa's jitte
2 rancor
1 path to exile
2 choke
1 vexing shusher
3 krosan grip
1 ancient grudge

Andrew Giraud (7th)
1 dryad arbor
5 forest
4 taiga
4 windswept heath
4 wooded foothills
1 anger
1 squee
1 viridian zealot
2 wirewood symbiote
3 wrens run vanquisher
3 umezawa's jitte
3 quiron ranger
4 elvish champion
4 fyndhorn elves
4 imperious perfect
4 llanowar elves
4 priest of titania
4 sylvan messenger
4 survival of the fittest

sb
4 krosan grip
4 thorn of ameythyst
2 relic of progenitus
1 caller of the claw
1 vexing shusher
1 magus of the moon
1 wellwisher
1 loaming shaman

Alex Artese (8th)
1 flamekin zealot
4 golgari grave-troll
3 golgari thug
3 ichorid
4 narcomeoba
4 putrid imp
4 stinkweed imp
4 breakthrough
3 cabal therapy
4 careful study
3 deep analysis
3 dread return
4 bridge from below
4 lion's eye diamond
4 cephalid coliseum
4 city of brass
4 gemstone mine

sb
1 ichorid
1 darkblast
1 flame-kin zealot
4 pithing needle
4 chain of vapor
4 leyline of the void

spiderfreak
05-31-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking of holding a 1k standard tournament in the next month or so, but I want some reassurance that it will be a success. Anyone on here interested?

no not at all sorry

T-ORGANIZER
06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Congratulations again to all the winners on a superb performance. It was a long 8 round event with a cut to top 8 and 16 playoffs. Here is the top 16;

Nick Patnode (9th)
3 tombstalker
2 stillmoon cavalier
4 thoughtseize
4 ponder
4 stifle
4 snuff out
4 tarmogoyf
4 brainstorm
4 sinkhole
4 daze
4 force of will
4 wasteland
4 polluted delta
2 tropical island
4 underground sea
4 flooded strand
1 bayou

sb
3 krosan grip
2 diabolic edict
3 blue elemental blast
3 engineered plague
2 tormod's crypt
2 darkblast

Bryant Cook (10th)
4 city of brass
4 gemstone mine
2 underground sea
1 volcanic island
4 brainstorm
3 ponder
4 rite of flame
1 tendrils of agony
1 illgotten gains
2 ad nauseum
4 orim's chant
4 lotus petal
4 dark ritual
4 lions eye diamond
4 burning wish
3 infernal tutor
3 mystical tutor
1 chain of vapor
3 duress
4 chrome mox

sb
1 tendrils of agony
1 ill gotten gains
1 chain of vapor
1 duress
1 diminishing returns
1 empty the warrens
1 grapeshot
2 shattering spree
4 pyroblast
1 infernal tutor
1 hurkyll's recall

Matt Abolt (11th)
4 Elvish spirit guide
3 llanowar elves
1 progenitus
1 masticore
1 harmonic sliver
1 wrens run vanquisher
1 wrens run packmaster
4 elvish champion
4 imperious perfect
2 quiron rangers
4 priest of titania
4 fyndhorn elves
3 tarmogoyf
1 squee, goblin nabob
1 anger
4 natural order
4 survival of the fittest
2 taiga
2 savannah
6 forest
4 windswept heath
3 wooded foothills

sb
2 relic of progenitus
1 gaddock teeg
4 krosan grip
2 absolute law
3 choke
1 tormods crypt
1 ethersworn canonist
1 loaming shaman

Pat Kellaher (12th)
4 force of will
4 merrow reejery
4 stifle
4 lord of atlantis
4 curse catcher
2 jace belaren
4 silvergail adept
4 standstill
3 daze
3 aether vial
2 vendilion clique
1 wipe away
1 echoing truth
4 wasteland
3 mutavault
13 island

sb
3 back to basics
2 umezawa's jitte
4 blue elemental blast
4 relic of progenitus
2 sower of temptation

Anwar Ahmad (13th)
4 thoughtseize
4 hymn to torach
4 sinkhole
4 nantuko shade
4 tarmogoyf
4 hypnotic specter
4 tombstalker
4 snuff out
3 maelstrom pulse
4 dark ritual
4 wasteland
4 polluted delta
4 bloodstained mire
4 bayou
5 swamp

sb
4 krosan grip
4 engineered plague
3 umezawa's jitte
3 choke
1 unmask

Jesse hatfield (14th)
4 counterbalance
4 sensei's top
4 brainstorm
4 ponder
4 thoughtseize
4 swords to plowshares
4 force of wills
3 daze
4 tarmogoyf
3 dark confidant
3 qasali pridemage
1 doran the siege tower
4 polluted delta
4 flooded strand
4 tropical island
3 tundra
2 underground sea
1 scrubland

sb
4 krosan grip
4 engineered plague
3 rhox war monk
2 enlightened tutor
1 umezawa's jitte
1 dark confidant

Jeff Folinus (15th)
3 island
3 snow-covered island
3 tropical island
2 volcanic island
1 underground sea
2 academy ruins
4 polluted delta
4 flooded strand
4 tarmogoyf
3 trinket mage
3 sower of temptation
2 engineered explosives
4 sensei's divining top
4 brainstorm
3 ponder
3 spellsnare
4 counterbalance
2 firespout
2 vedalken shackles
4 force of will

sb
1 tormods crypt
1 relic of progenitus
1 pithing needle
2 krosan grip
2 ancient grudge
3 duress
1 pyroclasm
2 blue elemental blast
2 red elemental blast

Anthony Grasso (16th)
3 Badlands
4 goblin lackey
2 barbarian rings
4 goblin ringleader
4 aether vial
3 warren weirding
4 wasteland
4 goblin piledriver
3 mountain
2 taiga
1 stingscourger
4 mogg fanatic
4 goblin warchief
3 rishadan port
2 gempalm incinerator
2 seige-gang commander
1 wort, boggart auntie
3 goblin matron
1 tinstreet hooligan
3 bloodstained mire
3 wooded foothills

sb
3 thorn of ameythst
1 goblin king
2 pyrostatic pillar
3 krosan grip
3 chalice of the void
3 pyrokinesis

T-ORGANIZER
06-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Team Unicorn Brought the most players and had the most players make the top 16. If a representative from Team unicorn could PM me so I can explain their prize to them I would appreciate it.

zulander
06-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Team Unicorn Brought the most players and had the most players make the top 16. If a representative from Team unicorn could PM me so I can explain their prize to them I would appreciate it.
That's what I call love for the unicorn.

Michael Keller
06-01-2009, 12:29 AM

But let's not forget Left Field brought 2 members into the Top 8. Obviously, the more people you bring to a tournament, the better chance you have of making top 8/16.

T-ORGANIZER
06-01-2009, 12:49 AM
But let's not forget Left Field brought 2 members into the Top 8. Obviously, the more people you bring to a tournament, the better chance you have of making top 8/16.

True story, if a left field representative would pm me also I will award both teams a prize.

Albplayer
06-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Eli , are you forgetting me (mike, 1st place ) and Dan ( DJ, 3rd place ) came in the same car from Albany. The third person from our car didn't do so well. Does that count for anything in the prize give away....?

I loved the 2$ beers, 2.50$ bottles , 2$ rum and cokes.......... 2.50$ cheeseburger and fires etc.... Please try to get PTQ's in there.

report soon!

Afro
06-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Jesus, Albany cleaned house at this fucking thing. Well done chaps!

Nightmare
06-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I went 1-2, Bar. I love VFW's.

cwt1220
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I had a great time. I went 5-3 with Ugr Dreadstill. I look forward to the next tournament!

-Chris-

P.S. You're welcome for the fbb Underground Bryant :tongue:

rockout
06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Dan Jordan played 3 red elemental blasts out of his sideboard with no way to cast them? Way to not get deck checked.

munkie
06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Obv probably a mistype. Almost certainly BEB.

Michael Keller
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I love VFW's.

What he said.

Shriekmaw
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
It was a great tournament to attend and was very happy to see so many people able to make the trip up. I was really happy with the great location and the cheap prices on food and drinks. I'm looking forward to the next one.

AnwarA101
06-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Is there anyway to get a metagame breakdown of decks? Like the number of merfolk, countertop, etc.? It would be much appreciated.

TrialByFire
06-01-2009, 10:59 PM
There was a ridiculous amount of Merfolk and Ichorid, like at least 30% of the decks there were one of the two

sunshine
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
There was a ridiculous amount of Merfolk and Ichorid, like at least 30% of the decks there were one of the two

What he said. It seemed as though either my opponent, the person to my immediate left or immediate right was playing Merfolk all day. Good times though, I'll look forward to the next one.

munkie
06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
The Top 8 is pretty much an appropriate breakdown of what was at this tourney. There was also a lot of UGx Thresh, but no one came through with it.

T-ORGANIZER
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
If the blue blasts/red blasts is the only typo I made then I am happy cause I wrote those after a long time of work with no sleep.

Peter_Rotten
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Holy ALBANY pwnage with old Goyf Sligh! Screw that "add white bullshit." Who needs it?

hi-val
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Top 8 Results and Decklists;

Shane Grime (2nd)
4 curse catcher
4 silvergail adept
4 lord of atlantis
4 merrow reejery
3 wake thrasher
4 aether vial
2 relic of progenitus
4 brainstorm
4 force of will
3 daze
3 stifle
3 standstill
3 mutavault
2 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
4 wasteland
1 minamo school at waters edge
6 islands

sb
4 submerge
2 echoing truth
2 reins of power
2 hydroblast
2 blue elemental blast
1 relic of progenitus
2 umezawa's jitte

Oh mah gawd I love this. Shane, if you post here, I have questions for you! I posted in my Merfolk breakdown that Minamo would be cool to pump Wake Thrasher; did that ever come up? Also, <3 the Reins of Power. I suggested those awhile back in the "how do we deal with Progenitus?" thread as a lol, glad to see someone playing it!

Michael Keller
06-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh mah gawd I love this. Shane, if you post here, I have questions for you! I posted in my Merfolk breakdown that Minamo would be cool to pump Wake Thrasher; did that ever come up? Also, <3 the Reins of Power. I suggested those awhile back in the "how do we deal with Progenitus?" thread as a lol, glad to see someone playing it!

I'd like to know if it actually worked, though. If so, that's pretty funny.

Bryant Cook
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd like to know if it actually worked, though. If so, that's pretty funny.

I'm sure it worked better than Brassman, Paradise Mantle, Mesmeric Orb, mill your deck, flashback therapy, get 4 zombies from Bridge from Below. Flashback Dread Return on Demigod, swing 20.

The Pharmacist
06-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm sure it worked better than Brassman, Paradise Mantle, Mesmeric Orb, mill your deck, flashback therapy, get 4 zombies from Bridge from Below. Flashback Dread Return on Demigod, swing 20.

LOL

That nice guy
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
This Tournament is a great example of how excellent prize support and great TOs can really make a successful tourney. I hope the TOs in CT, RI, and MA will take notice.

Once again this was an awesome time!

On another note:
F Merfolk, they were everywhere. I think it's because it's a relatively cheap deck to start with.

Jim Higginbottom
06-03-2009, 10:55 PM
And you're hoping TOs in NJ don't notice? =P

Michael Keller
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7337/imgoingtomaimthishuman.jpg

Happy Gilmore
06-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I only wish that instead of moxen and lotus there could be legacy staples rather than the T1 cards no one really wanted except for their money value.

How bout next time using a money ranking system like at the mana leak?

First place gets 800 in store value, second place 500, 3-4 200, etc...

shaneswa
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM

Hi this is Shane. Glad you like the deck. To answer your questions Minamo saw some use. I love when people look at it and say "do you even have any legendary permanents in the deck". As for the reins i diddnt get to cast it. The one progenitus deck i played boarded out natural order. I diddnt draw it, but it would have won me the mirror match i played. I had a lot of fun there, all in all it was a pretty good trip to Binghamton.

Sage
06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
This tournament was awsome. I was very glad to see 8 rounds of play and was fortunate enough to come in 18th place playing Ugwr Cb/top (I was the only 17 pointer). I played 3 Divert in my sb thinking there would be a fair amount of burn/removal but they only really helped me in one match (Zoo?) and it won game 2 single handedly with cb/top winning g3. The only bad part of the day was my one and only loss (1-0-1), to a very rude person. I don't mind loosing to decent people, but loosing to rude people leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The Legion was awsome with their decently priced food/drinks. It was a nice change from the typical tournament food prices of like $6 for a hot dog =/ I drafted for the Mana Drain, but to no avail. I wish it could have been a Legacy play-off or something since that's what we came to play. I can't wait to attend the next tournament in November? Eli's events are always awsome. Thanks man!

Zach Tartell
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Decklists recieved; expect a 2 day delay for a good metagame breakdown.

T-ORGANIZER
06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
The Legion was awsome with their decently priced food/drinks. It was a nice change from the typical tournament food prices of like $6 for a hot dog =/ I drafted for the Mana Drain, but to no avail. I wish it could have been a Legacy play-off or something since that's what we came to play. I can't wait to attend the next tournament in November? Eli's events are always awsome. Thanks man!

Yeah I realized the top 24 booster draft was a bad idea when I held a legacy tournament with that concept as the top 16 prize, but I scheduled this tournament back in September and didn't want to change the format on this late date so I stuck with it. The next Lotus tournament is November 14th and thank you again Zach for doing coverage.

Michael Keller
06-04-2009, 08:58 PM
That November tournament looks like a blast, Eli. I can't wait. From what I've heard and am seeing from this past event, it looks like everything went awesome.

Zach Tartell
06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I have a question:

How should I classify rock (GWB) lists? They have stuff like Hypnotic Specter (which makes me think it's aggro) but at the same time runs shit like Vindicate and eight to ten discard spells.

Eva Green is Aggro (or at least that's what I'm calling it). Mono black aggro is aggro. Deadguy is control, though (or aggro control).

Let me put it like this: I'm doing four piles. Aggro control, Combo, aggro, and Control.

Just tell me where you guys want 3c rock, please.

Zach Tartell
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Also, while we're at it, how do you call Enchantress? Combo or Control?

AnwarA101
06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I have a question:

How should I classify rock (GWB) lists? They have stuff like Hypnotic Specter (which makes me think it's aggro) but at the same time runs shit like Vindicate and eight to ten discard spells.

Eva Green is Aggro (or at least that's what I'm calling it). Mono black aggro is aggro. Deadguy is control, though (or aggro control).

Let me put it like this: I'm doing four piles. Aggro control, Combo, aggro, and Control.

Just tell me where you guys want 3c rock, please.

If they look anything like Brian Kowal's deck from GP Chicago (http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=27713) then I would have to say aggro control.

I have to disagree with you on Eva Green being aggro (since I think its aggro-control) but I won't quibble too much.

Thank you for doing the metagame breakdown.

EDIT - Enchantress is a combo deck with some control elements (put it under combo).

Zach Tartell
06-04-2009, 11:08 PM
And I'm calling Zoo an aggro deck (even Naya builds).

I'll toss up both Control and Combo tonight, then I'll get my hands dirty with Aggro and Aggro-control tomorrow.

Sage
06-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Are Top 16 Decklists available for this?

T-ORGANIZER
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Are Top 16 Decklists available for this?

They are posted on this thread.