PDA

View Full Version : 2/15/09 CASH Tournament @ The GRID in Manchester, CT

The Grid Games
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
The Grid Games in Manchester, CT is hosting its monthly Legacy cash tournament. Attendance at the last event was double our previous event so Legacy is alive in well in CT.

Prize support for this event if there are a minimum of 12 players will be over $300 in cash and cards.

WHERE:
THE GRID GAMES
52 PURNELL PLACE
MANCHESTER, CT 06040
860-645-9006
http://thegridgames.net

WHEN:
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 15TH
REGISTRATION STARTS AT 12 NOON
TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 1PM
ENTRY FEE $20.00

GREAT PRIZE SUPPORT:
1ST PLACE $150.00
2ND PLACE $75.00
3RD & 4TH PLACE $50.00
5TH – 8TH PLACE DRAFT SET
These are the bare minimum prizes if attendance is similar to last month
expect them to be significantly higher.

This tournament is sanctioned and will be swiss pairings cut to a single elimination top 8. There will be side Legacy, Standard and Draft events throughout the day.

GUARANTEED PRIZE SUPPORT WITH A MINIMUM OF 12 PLAYERS

PRIZES WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS BASED ON ATTENDANCE

mtglordtom24
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I see no reason that this one can't get 50 people. The last one was a huge success and a lot of fun.

Jaynel
02-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Sunday tournaments suck, but there's not much you can do about Valentine's Day. Still unsure if I'll be going or not.

asdljas
02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
There were no side events played at last month's event. Also, to note, the mox pearl plus $50 to first place was a better prize offering than $150.00, even if it was beat to hell.

That said, I'll try to convince my team to show up again.

ForceofWill
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I'll be there with one or two others.

rockout
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm glad it's not 150 bucks store credit. I'll be there with 2-3.

RoddyVR
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
ENTRY FEE $20.00
is this a typo or copy/paste error?

I'm usualy not one to critisize tournaments of any kind... mostly cause even with all the tournys i go to i prety much never top8, but for the prize support offered, a $20 entry fee seems a bit extreme... 5th-8th getting a draft set for $20... I understand its a cash tourny as opposed to cards, but still.

When you say prizes will be adjusted upward for higher turn out, could you give us an idea of what the prize support would be like for 30, 40 and 50 players...

HammafistRoob
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
When you say prizes will be adjusted upward for higher turn out, could you give us an idea of what the prize support would be like for 30, 40 and 50 players...
This.

But I don't think 20 dollars is to high because the more money that goes in then there will be more prizes given out.

Also, Hammafist want in on this tourney? I'm down.

J.V.
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
To once again quote Gearbear
Holy McGoddamn fuckShit I think that's the first time I've seen Rob Rogers post in 1000 years. Anyways, I'm down.

mtglordtom24
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
First off, Jaynel, your attendance is required.

Second, the prize support that Karl put up there is based on an attendance of 12. The last tournament had 32, so maybe double it or so to give you a guess for a similar turnout. I can pretty much guarantee that 5-8 will get more than their money back.

Thirdly (is thirdly even a word? I'll say it is, 'cuz I'm using it), $20 is not unreasonable, it's the fucking precident for legacy tournaments! The prize support will be very strong with a 35-40 person showing too, I'm pretty excited for this one.

RoddyVR
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
First off, Jaynel, you're attendance is required.

Second, the prize support that Karl put up there is based on an attendance of 12. The last tournament had 32, so maybe double it or so to give you a guess for a similar turnout. I can pretty much guarantee that 5-8 will get more than their money back.

Thirdly (is thirdly even a word? I'll say it is, 'cuz I'm using it), $20 is not unreasonable, it's the fucking precident for legacy tournaments! The prize support will be very strong with a 35-40 person showing too, I'm pretty excited for this one.

I agree with all of that (including that $20 is not unreasonable)... $20 entry is unreasonable for the prize support listed if there's over 30 people showing up/expected. Vague statements of "increased prizes if more people show up" arent realy helping anyone. If the prize support for 30 people is double the posted amounts, then the TO should post that. At the very least because seeing bigger prize amounts would entice more people to go.

mtglordtom24
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
While in theory I believe that people respond to incentives, I believe that you'd have to have a ridiculous amount of prize for people who were'nt going to attend to change their minds. Most people go to Legacy tournaments because they're Legacy tournaments, in spite of the prize support, the decision to attend is pretty much independent of that incentive.

Either way, the next time I talk to Karl, I'll be sure to ask him to post some theoretical prize support structures based on higher levels of attendance. That is if he doesn't just check this thread and add it in anyways.

Regardless, the real question RoddyVR, is whether you won't be attending on account of prize support. If the incentive of prize support is what would make you attend this tournament, then your job should become to get as many people to go to it as possible so that prize support becomes ridiculously high and you can have your prize support. That doesn't ensure that you'll be receiving any of it, you have to take care of that part, but it would get the prize support you desire and the number of people at the tourney that everyone wants. The Grid can easily hold over 80 people, for States a couple of years ago they had planned to hold up to like 110 people and we had 86 (I think) no problem. Think of how good prize support would be if you could get 86 people for the tourney, RoddyVR. (Probably not going to happen as TMLO only had like 73) I know the problem you're harping on is that you want actual numbers, but still, I think that going to just play is enough, prize support will be there.

RoddyVR
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I probably fit better in your first catagory, where the prize support isnt the main draw, its the tourny (i dont win enough to fool myself into thinking i'm going for the prizes). While a better prize structure wouldnt entice me to go if i wasnt going to, a crapy prize structure would make me think twice about going. If someone posted a $20 entry sunday tourny with $150 first prize no matter how many people showed up, i'd never go, because my local $5 tourny has better prize support (per cost of entry).
So while you're right, that better prize support is unlikely to make someone go who wasnt otherwise... crapy prize support can make someone who would have gone otherwise, not go. The problem with the OP of this thread is that it makes the prize support seem worse then it realy is.

mtglordtom24
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
The problem with the OP of this thread is that it makes the prize support seem worse then it realy is.

Prize Support will most surely be better than what's posted above!!! This event will be awesome! More people = More prize! Bring your friends!

That better?

asdljas
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Prize Support will most surely be better than what's posted above!!! This event will be awesome! More people = More prize! Bring your friends!

That better?

The last tournament sported 32 players. I'm not sure what 1st-8th got, but I know that 9th place and below did not receive prizes.

Can you please post the prize support that was given to 5th-8th last tournament, and how you will improve upon it for this tournament?

Thanks.

Jaynel
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
5-8 last time was 2 draft sets or $25 in store credit.

mtglordtom24
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
How will I improve upon it? It's not my call, it's Karl's. I have nothing to do with the tournament outside of playing in it, winning it and obviously a little bit of promotion for Grid events, but PT Paul does a lot more of that. I know all too well that only Top 8 got prize last time, I came in 10th. :'(

If 32 players show up, it's more than likely the same prize support for 5-8, obviously 1st will be different as this tourney is for cash, not a Mox Pearl.

The thing is that if prize support matters a lot to you, you should do your part in making sure that there's a high turn out. Karl is very good about scaling up prize support to give back to the participants and if there's a high turnout, there'll be proportionally high prize support. So you should get all of your buddies to go too. But who wouldn't want to go?!? The last tournament was pretty much the bomb and this one will only be better. The awesomeness will be cranked up to 11, and that's just because I'll be there (as of right now, I'm coming, even if only to do no more than to crush Jaynel's dreams), if Jaynel misplaces his sack and doesn't show, then maybe an 8 on the awesomeness factor, but PT Paul will be there, so back to a 10.5 or so.

rockout
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
How will I improve upon it? It's not my call, it's Karl's.

If it's not your call, don't comment on it. The mox was a nice selling point of the last tournament. Other than that, if this wasn't a legacy event, I wouldn't be showing up.

mtglordtom24
02-04-2009, 02:07 PM
It's not my call as to improving prize structure, obviously Karl can't meet escalation demands to increase prize support after every legacy event or he'll lose money on it. I feel more than qualified to defend the prize structure that Karl has laid out and plenty dignified with the way I'm handling the comments of posters on this thread will actual questions or comments that I have some ability to answer or respond to.

However, you saying that I shouldn't comment on something I can't control that I didn't comment on is just asinine. Saying that you're going to a tournament only because it's legacy is also unnecessary, 90% of the people who play in area legacy tournaments only play legacy and sometimes a little limited.

If you aren't helping promote the event, answer someone's question, respond with a productive comment, tell us a story or make us all laugh with a witty joke, then you shouldn't bother posting at all. It's good to hear that you're going, it sucks that you aren't more excited about it, but don't go posting just to bring other people down, it's not necessary. I think we all want a very successful and especially fun event, and I'm just trying to do what I can to make that a reality. I never said anything about how Karl was going to increase prize support, I have no say in that, as I said. What I did touch on was that Karl's defined prize support for 12 people is not a good approximation of what the actual prize support will be, as there will be a lot more than 12 people, we hope. So there was no need for you to step in and tell me not to comment on it.

If you want to contribute the comment that you believe flashy prizes like Moxen are better selling points for future legacy events at the Grid than cash and you would rather that than cash as prize, that'd be fine, it's good feedback. Otherwise, there was no need for your post.

PTPaul
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi all you Legacy fantastics!

First, let me say you gave me some awesome reading material as I just took a mondo dump as I saw this link.

Now Karl and I work very closely on these type of events and my part is promotion and date selection. We both wanted to offer another Mox or some legacy staples however the window for getting the date and initial post after the Pearl Extravaganza was too short. So as a Shoppe Keep of many years Karl wanted to get something up and not risk losing his shirt due to possible winter weather or guys being stuck with their girlfriends all weekend lol. So he used a model with little financial risk to gaurantee on a low number and do the traditional scale up for greater numbers.

I am truly psyched about this event and will gladly show you what kind of treachery can be done with Conflux.

Those of you who like to draft can get side action 2v2 or 3v3 or 8 man or the Sunday Standard starts at 2pm. Actually this Sunday will be Standard for a Case of Conflux with more info on The Grid website.

In closing this should be a great event with humor, good competition and plenty of fun and of course yours truly will be there.

No need to flame any typos as I wrote this on the crapper.

Cyall on the 15th or better yet this weekend at the Grid.

Iamfishman
02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Having class every other Saturday = teh suck.

Sunday events = I'll be there.

Ray

mtglordtom24
02-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Paul, when we make fun of you because all you do is shit, try not to prove us haters right!!!

TrialByFire
02-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately my only days off or Saturdays, so cannot make it to this one

scrumdogg
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Between the card theft issues at the last tournament and the asinine hyperbole on this thread, why would I want to come or encourage others to come? Especially when there is quality Legacy a mile away every Sunday with extremely good prizes. Good luck & all but your self-proclaimed cheerleader isn't making a very good case...

rockout
02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Between the card theft issues at the last tournament and the asinine hyperbole on this thread, why would I want to come or encourage others to come? Especially when there is quality Legacy a mile away every Sunday with extremely good prizes. Good luck & all but your self-proclaimed cheerleader isn't making a very good case...

Thank you. You said it better and nicer than I could.

Rehallek
02-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Also if this prize support is based on 12 people showing up give what the number of people needed is to scale up the prizes. I've seen it done for pretty much ever event run out of Syracuse. That way he can cover his back on not losing money and people get an idea of what the prizes will be based on attendance instead of just saying prizes will be scaled up.

Joe_C
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Having class every other Saturday = teh suck.

Sunday events = I'll be there.

Ray

SHIT! An opportunity to play Ray (and probably lose to him :wink: ) and I cant make this one:frown:

Fucking shame....

MANMAN
02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I'll try to come to this one, maybe bring one or two more.

Edit: I'm going to be in Maine, talking to football coach about getting a scholarship, so I'm a no go.

technogeek5000
02-08-2009, 12:50 PM
God, you have no Idea how long ive been wanting to play legacy again... should be here

rockout
02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
God, you have no Idea how long ive been wanting to play legacy again... should be here

Holy ****, there might actually be a Derrek brown sighting?

PTPaul
02-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok, so I played FNM at The Grid Friday, it was booster draft SCC since everyone is hungry for Conflux, and low and behold I ran the event 5-0 to score a stack of boosters, pretty awesome right? You betchya, but here is the great part, I hard cast Progenitus three times FTW.

Yeah, you heard me I dropped a WWUUBBRRGG 10/10 mythic rare PRO everything on people 3 times Friday night, it was frickin sweet.

Spoiler alert, this card may appear in my card pool at the Cash Legacy on Sunday...I wonder who will succumb to the will of this legenday hydra avatar.

Is anyone still working on their trip to ChiTown for the GP? Just wondering since I know there is a large North East contingency going.

TrialByFire
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
^^^^^

You think that this is awesome, you obviously weren't at the SCC draft at ELD's MOX XXI Vintage tourney on Saturday where Jeff Carpenter drafted not one, but TWO Progenitus and a Conflux in his deck. It was epic.

Edited because it was Jeff Carpenter

rockout
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
^^^^^

You think that this is awesome, you obviously weren't at the SCC draft at ELD's MOX XXI Vintage tourney on Saturday where Jeff Folinus (I think it was him) drafted not one, but TWO Progenitus and a Conflux in his deck. It was epic.

That's pretty legen...wait for it... dary.

mtglordtom24
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Having multiple Progenitus in your deck is pretty ridiculous. My deck at a triple Conflux draft Friday night had Child of Alara, Charnelhoard Wurm, 3x Matca Rioters, 4x Drag Down, 2x Path to Exile, 3x Wretched Banquet (awesome card), 2x Might of Alara (didn't play them in my 9 creature deck), 2x Dark Temper and 2x Fiery Fall. Needless to say I took it down... sort of, I conceded to my friend in the finals so we could have 1st and 2nd and we prize split later. Triple Conflux draft is nutty.

So this event is less than 7 days away and I'm pretty excited about it, still don't know what I'm playing though.

RoddyVR
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
If anyone from the worcester area is driving down for this and has space in their car, PM me. I dont feel like driving, but if in exchange for some gas money, someone else wants to be a schoefer (i have no clue how to spell the fancy word for driver), then i'd like to go.

Stooghenstein
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
This.

But I don't think 20 dollars is to high because the more money that goes in then there will be more prizes given out.

Also, Hammafist want in on this tourney? I'm down.

I'm down lol first time playin in 8 months :)

Stooghenstein
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Well, I'm dumb I sold all my cards lol.. fuck haha uhm now I need a deck lol

PTPaul
02-10-2009, 11:11 AM
5 days from today we'll all be battling Legacy style!

And that Legen...wait for it....dary! was FANTASTIC!

ForceofWill
02-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I should be comming with 1-3 others.

Morphling420
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
There's a good chance ill be making an appearance at this one...

TrialByFire
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Maybe. How late did the last one go until? I have to be somewhere at 6

Aus-Rotten
02-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Team Insightful will be showing up with 3 or 4 dudes.

Stooghenstein
02-11-2009, 03:31 AM
I would really like to go to this does anyone have a deck I could borrow lol, I haven't played in a bit so don't own anything?

rockout
02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Maybe. How late did the last one go until? I have to be somewhere at 6

You can at least show up and play the swiss. I think I scrubbed out of the last one around 7.

PTPaul
02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I totally forgot to mention that the weekly Sunday Standard Tourney will start at 2:30 so everyone should bring a T2 deck in addition to their legacy weapon so if they accidentally 0-2 they can pass their time. Then again if you don't like Standard you can always catch some drafting because there are always pick up drafts 2v2, 3v3 and even the survivoresque 4v4's.

mtglordtom24
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
LOL, Legacy Weapon (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=26424)...

What do you mean by accidentally 0-2? "Oops, I dropped the match, it was an accident."

Either way, I'm down for a bunch of drafts, I have over a box of Conflux to draft eventually and I pretty much don't draft when I'm at school. I'm pumped to take down some side drafts and a legacy Top 8!

ForceofWill
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow big plans top8 and win a draft where do you get the time.

rockout
02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
If someone lets me borrow a std deck hmm ptpaul hmmm

mtglordtom24
02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Wow big plans top8 and win a draft where do you get the time.

Clearly I said "drafts" meaning I'll be doing some serious play pre-tourney, in between rounds and after the thing is over. Are you an interested party in some drafts?

Rock Lee
02-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I will be there. I may or may not be packing 4 Fact or Fictions.

ForceofWill
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
If you play against Rock Lee make sure to correctly name what mana you are floating.

mtglordtom24
02-14-2009, 01:32 AM
It's cool, he has no skill for nin or genjutsu, only taijutsu, so he can't play Fact or Fiction. :P

TrialByFire
02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
If you play against Rock Lee make sure to correctly name what mana you are floating.

Lol there are like 4 people who know what you are talking about.

J.V.
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Lol there are like 4 people who know what you are talking about.

Ah, but we know, and that is all that matters.

asdljas
02-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Team Insight has four coming.

J.V.
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
So any updates from this?

b4r0n
02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
There are 33+ people, so six rounds of Swiss. Last I heard, Jared (Jaynel) was 4-1, and a lock for top 8.

EDIT: The top 8 is really diverse. Goyf Sligh, Survival, Merfolk, Painter, Goblins, ANT (UBG, no Chant), Eva Green, and Dragon Stompy.

EDIT 2: Pairings:
Dragon Stompy vs Goblins (Goblins wins)
Eva Green vs Painter (Painter wins)
Survival vs Goyf Sligh (Goyf Sligh wins)
Merfolk vs ANT (Merfolk wins)

Top 4 is playing it out:
Merfolk vs Goyf Sligh
Painter vs Goblins

J.V.
02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Who played what?

wweenieking
02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I know Jason Richardson is the one playing goyf/sligh and Ben(Force of Will) got 9th going 4-2, but im not sure what he was playing.

Jaynel
02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Who played what?

The other players were:

Survival: Jaynel
Merfolk: iamfishman
Goblins: Drow Slayer
ANT: B.C.
Painter: Lando
Dragon Stompy: Unregged?
Eva Green: Unregged?

Edit: Merfolk and Goblins split in the finals. Top 4 was only played out because a Level 3 judge was heavily enforcing collusion rulings, etc.

Rood
02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
I hope Gobz takes it down.

rockout
02-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Would have been nice to see landstill make it to the top 8 namely myself, but it was a rough day. Congrats to the top 8 and to all the friendly faces which make up the ct legacy scene. See you guys at the top tables in Chicago.

Aus-Rotten
02-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Eva Green was Aus-Rotten/Jeff Fredrickson and Dragon Stompy was Bree Estabrooke.

RoddyVR
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
ENTRY FEE $20.00

GREAT PRIZE SUPPORT:
1ST PLACE $150.00
2ND PLACE $75.00
3RD & 4TH PLACE $50.00
5TH – 8TH PLACE DRAFT SET
These are the bare minimum prizes if attendance is similar to last month
expect them to be significantly higher.

GUARANTEED PRIZE SUPPORT WITH A MINIMUM OF 12 PLAYERS
PRIZES WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS BASED ON ATTENDANCE
Also if this prize support is based on 12 people showing up give what the number of people needed is to scale up the prizes. I've seen it done for pretty much ever event run out of Syracuse. That way he can cover his back on not losing money and people get an idea of what the prizes will be based on attendance instead of just saying prizes will be scaled up.
There are 33+ people, so six rounds of Swiss.

so what was the prize support?

Jaynel
02-16-2009, 09:41 AM
so what was the prize support?

1: 250
2: 125
3-4: 80
5-8: 20

scrumdogg
02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
And why couldn't the top 4 just split, what was the judge's problem with the situation?

demoncrovax
02-16-2009, 11:22 AM
If the split was for prizes with the understanding that the top 4 would not play that would be bribery. Big problem. It’s usually allowed for the top 2 only. The top 2 split is an explicit exception specified in the floor rules.

RoddyVR
02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
If the split was for prizes with the understanding that the top 4 would not play that would be bribery. Big problem. It’s usually allowed for the top 2 only. The top 2 split is an explicit exception specified in the floor rules.

That just blew my mind. Actualy went digging around in the rules to find these things. This seems like the oddest rule the dci could come up with. Maybe for like nationaly televised "world champ"/"ruler of the world" tourny i could understand why no prize splitting would be allowed, but why put that blanket on all the weekly "same 8 guys every sunday, in the middle of nowhere" tournies?

Some things about the DCI i will just never understand.

mtglordtom24
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Overall I think that this tournament was a big success, even though Adam did upset some people by enforcing the rules, rules are rules and it's important that the stores follow them because no one wants to get in trouble over that.

One thing that I would like is if Rock Lee (Jeremiah.. The one with the cool new deck idea; at least I had never seen it before) could post or p.m. me his decklist because I would really like to see that.

rockout
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Collusions? lol it happens more often than not.

CaptainGiggles
02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I am the Dragon Stompy player.

asdljas
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I am the Dragon Stompy player.

Nobody cares.

cdr
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
It's not clear that a top 4/top 8 split is currently against the rules - it's being discussed by the DCI.

The judge in question was of the opinion that it was against the rules, so he upheld it - nothing wrong with that.

Edit: I have been asked to clarify - per UTR 25, splitting in the T4 (unless you still play the matches out) is not allowed. However, exceptions have been made, and the people that make the rules are discussing this rule.

asdljas
02-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Any word on when the decklists are posted? I would like to see the rest of the Top 8...

The Grid Games
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry for the delay, the deck lists for top 8 will be up tomorrow.

Thanks to all that played, we are looking to run the next one on Sunday the 22nd of March.

rockout
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Same day as the mana drain :-(

asdljas
02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Same day as the mana drain :-(

Frowntown.

rockout
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I guess I'll have to go to day 1 of the mana drain and then refresh myself with some legacy that sunday. who knows. 50% chance of seeing my pretty face :cry: there.

TrialByFire
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Mana Drain = not missable.

Sorry

The Grid Games
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks again to all who played in the event. We had a total of 39 players so the monthly event is growing. The increased prize payout was:
1st Place $250
2nd Place $125
3rd & 4th Place $80 each
5th-8th Place $20 each

I had previously posted that the next event would most likely run on Sunday March 22nd but after checking schedules there is no way i'm going up against Ray's great event in Stratford. The next monthly Legacy event will be on Sunday March 15th instead. I hope to see all of the players from the February event and hopefully some new players as well.

The Top 8 Decklists Were:

1st Place Stephen Carpenter
Team Insight Goblins
Main
4 Aether Vial
3 Thoughtseize
4 Warren Weirding
1 Wort, Boggart Auntie
1 Gempalm Incinerator
1 Tin Street Hooligan
4 Goblin Lackey
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Matron
4 Goblin Warchief
4 Goblin Ringleader
3 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Waseland
3 Rishadan port
3 Mountain
3 Badlands
2 Taiga
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills

SB
3 Mogg Fanatic
2 Umezawa’s Jitte
3 Choke
2 Perish
4 Krosan Grip
1 Gaea’s Blessing

2nd Place Raymond Robillard
Phish
Main
4 Lord Of Atlantis
4 Merrow Reejery
4 Cursecatcher
4 Stifle
4 Aether Vial
4 Silvergill Adept
4 Force Of Will
4 Daze
4 Standstill
3 Wake Thrasher
1 Phyrexian Dreadnought
1 Cold-Eye Selkie
4 Mutavault
4 Wasteland
11 Island

SB
2 Sower Of Temptation
2 Commandeer
2 Hydroblast
2 Blue Elemental Blast
4 Relic Of Progenitus
3 Back To Basics

3rd Place Jason Richardson
Main
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Keldon Marauder
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Figure Of Destiny
3 Magma Jet
3 Fireblast
3 Rift Bolt
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Price Of Progress
4 Chain Lightning
1 Barbarian Ring
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Taiga
1 Forest
6 Mountain

SB
4 Krosan Grip
1 Price Of Progress
3 Vexing Shusher
3 Tormod's Crypt
3 Pyrostatic Pillar
1 Pithing Needle

4th Place Cory Szamier
F-ed Up Painters
Main
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Painter's Servant
4 Dark Confidant
4 Force Of Will
3 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Counterbalance
3 Smother
1 Engineered Explosives
4 Grindstone
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Threads Of Disloyalty
2 Snow-Covered Island
4 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
3 Tropical Island
3 Mishra's Factory

SB
3 Engineered Plague
3 Krosan Grip
3 Hydroblast
2 Pithing Needle
2 Tombstalkers
2 Tormod's Crypt

5th Place Jeff Fredrickson
Team Insight Eva Green
Main
4 Hymn To Tourach
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Tombstalker
4 Wasteland
3 Nantuko Shade
4 Thoughtseize
4 Hypnotic Specter
3 Snuff Out
3 Diabolic Edict
4 Dark Ritual
4 Sinkhole
2 Reanimate
3 Bayou
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
6 Swamp

SB
3 Choke
3 Krosan Grip
3 Engineered Plague
3 Leyline Of The Void
3 Umezawa's Jitte

6th Place Jared Lefkowitz
4c Survival
Main
4 Birds Of Paradise
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Dark Confidant
2 Eternal Witness
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Genesis
1 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
1 Quirion Ranger
1 Masticore
1 Big Game Hunter
1 Shriekmaw
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Darkheart Sliver
4 Thoughtseize
3 Cabal Therapy
4 Swords To Plowshares
4 Survival Of The Fittest
2 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Windswept Heath
4 Bayou
3 Savannah
2 Taiga
4 Forest

SB
3 Krosan Grip
3 Orim's Chant
3 Engineered Plague
1 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Magus Of The Moon
1 Gaddock Teeg
2 Extirpate

7th Place Blaine Christiansen
Bug Ant
Main
3 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Mystical Tutor
3 Ponder
3 Infernal Tutor
2 Ad Nauseum
1 Ill-Gotten Gains
1 Tendrils Of Agony
1 Krosan Grip
4 Duress
4 Thoughtseize
4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Underground Sea
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Bayou
1 Tropical Island

SB
3 Dark Confidant
4 Xantid Swarm
2 Krosan Grip
1 Hurkyll's Recall
1 Rebuild
1 Mox Diamond
1 Swamp
2 Slaghter Pact

8th Place Bree Estabrooke
Team Insight Dragon Stompy
Main
4 Chrome Mox
4 Seething Song
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Gathan Raiders
4 Magus Of The Moon
2 Blood Moon
4 Chalice Of The Void
2 Trinisphere
4 Rakdos Pit Dragon
4 Taurean Mauler
3 Arc-Slogger
2 Sword Of Fire And Ice
1 Umezawa's Jitte
10 Mountain
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City Of Traitors

SB
2 Red Elemental Blast
2 Pyroblast
2 Boil
3 Pyroblast
2 Trinisphere
1 Blood Moon
3 Pyrokinesis

Iamfishman
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey Karl,

Thanks for not scheduling against my event. I know that both of our attendances would have taken a hit if they competed.

Suffice to say, you can be assured I'll be at the event on the 15th and so should the entire Middletown crew.

Also, I apologize if I was a little abrassive toward your judge (Adam?). As I explained to him afterwords, I probably wouldn't have been so passionate, if it wasn't for so many experiences at so many different locations that were all unaware of the top 4 split rule. It was so ingrained in me that it wasn't a problem that I just couldn't understand it when he said it was.

rockout
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I'll do my best to make it on the 15th. I am 40 miles away so I guess there is no reason for me not to go.

jimirynk
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Jeff Fredrickson who came in fifth is on team Insightfull not team insight we wouldn't lower ourselves to their level of play.:rolleyes:

rockout
02-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Jeff Fredrickson who came in fifth is on team Insightfull not team insight we wouldn't lower ourselves to their level of play.:rolleyes:

?

jimirynk
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
The extra l is for love.

jimirynk
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Is my new sig better?