PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the elf decks?

Pltnmngl
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Before I took my break from magic, I remember seeing at least three of them around here. I understand them not being aggressive enough or whatever, but have they all really failed?

Valtrix
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Pretty much. Elves are just not usually as good as the other aggro out there (Goblins, Suicice/eva green, and even zoo.) There's a thread about elf survival, which has done fairly well: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12227. Other than that...Elves have pretty much failed. They just don't have good enough creatures/the tools that they need to be really effective.

rufus
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I was under the impression that elves were a competitive deck in some of the limited formats right now. AFAIK In Legacy they're a tier 2/tier 3 deck running, usually with Glimpse/Storm or Survival, but they've got some pretty slick stuff.

Pltnmngl
02-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Hm...so after all that buffing, Elves still can't be aggressive?

Isamaru
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
You really shouldn't give up this easily on any one thing. A friend of mine has spent years working with elves, but he was open minded enough to use a ton of non-elf cards. If you stop focusing so much on the fact that they're a "tribe" ... you'll find they have a lot of other strengths that all these decks posted on forums always overlook.

Ectoplasm
02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I guess they got tired of seeing their entire board wiped by a single sharpshooter and switched to playing goblins instead

TheBirdMan
02-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Elves is actually a great choice right now, (refering to survival version) Forestwalk in a format of tarmogoyfs is just dumb.

frenchy-man
02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
yeah survival elves is actually a good choice is the current metagame...