PDA

View Full Version : RunandHide.dec

ssilver
02-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I played against this deck with some guy on Magic-league, and unfortunately (for me at least:frown: ) it was really consistent in dropping a big fatty on the table and laughing. This deck probably might not amount to much at the moment, and since I don't have I don't have any Source Deckbuilding Rep I decided to post it in the casual section. A word to the wise, this is NOT a multiplayer deck, just 1 on 1.

RunandHide.dec

Lands:
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Flooded Strand
4 Windswept Heath
4 Tropical Island
2 Island
4 Chrome Mox

Fatties:
4 Progenitus
4 Simic Sky Swallower
4 Empyrial Archangel

Mad Hax:
4 Show and Tell
3 Eureka

Search:
4 Ponder
4 Brainstorm

Protection (from counters, other hate doesn't really matter):
4 Fow
4 Misdirection (Fow 5-8 against counterspell)

At this point in my random development I can't tell whether it would be better to drop green and go with -3 Eureka +3 Mystical Tutor. The guy who I played against had a pretty sub-optimal list with the new Magister dude (artifact + no shroud) and Worldy Tutors for creatures (don't need with 12 crets).

SB at the moment is up in the air with at least 3 Defense Grid as counterspell is the main hate. Discard is tough to beat, but I was actually able to hardcast an SSS (off of CoT). SB should include Trini and Chalice for combo and discard, maybe propanda as Eureka allows creature decks to drop their hand. Any crets for suggestion, I am looking for something that slows/kills aggro (mana cost isnt prohibitive unless activation is in another color).

Last word: This deck is unique in giving you the warm fuzzy of dropping a 10/10 Pro Everything on the table, and that alone would be reason enough to play it.

Aggro_zombies
02-04-2009, 03:33 AM
You know what's an awesome combo with Eureka?

Doubling Season + Sarkhan Vol.

10 4/4 flying dragons, right away. Shit's so cash.

4 Misdirection seems like a bit much. Maybe 2 and some number of Daze?

kicks_422
02-04-2009, 08:28 AM
You could always try Blazing Archon, if you're worried about eventually facing a huge swarm of creatures after a Eureka.

ssilver
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I could run blazon Archon... maybe in the SB for after they take out their creature removal :cool: Right now I am trying to make their creature removal dead.
@Aggro_Zombies: If only it were easily done I would do it in a flash, but Show and tell doesnt drop planeswalkers into play :frown: .