PDA

View Full Version : hardwired.deck

Zappa
02-04-2009, 11:50 PM
EDIT: After several hours of play testing, Ive decided to scap the deck. Sorry next time, I'll make sure to play test it for a bit before I post it. Was just being lazy about re downloading MWS since I somehow erased it... Thanks to those that responded though

I was browsing through my collection and noticed that I have quite alot of creatures with haste, and some of them dies at the end of turn. I threw the cards on the side and kept looking at my piles looking if I have any extra incinerates, shocks as my friend was asking me for some.

I blew past 1 creature, and kept digging, then I paused for a second and looked back at the creature... Greater Gargadon. I figured, since it will just be for fun anyway, why not give the card a shot.

So the idea I have in mind is creatures that can deal damage ASAP, and feed to it... So I'll need a few things...

1) 3-4 Greater Gargadon since the deck features him/her/it.
2) Creatures that can attack ASAP or deal damage right away and die any ways.
3) I'll have quite alot of cards in the graveyard so Barbarian Ring might not be too bad.
4) With 1,2,3 I guess it's better to run mono red.

So I piled a deck to see how it may possibly look like...

//Lands
19 Snow-covered Mountain
4 Barbarian Ring

//The big guy
4 Greater Gargadon

//Foods!
4 Spark Elemental
4 Lightning Serpent
4 Hellspark Elemental (Waiting for it :cry:)
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Ball Lightning

//Direct Damage
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
2 Price of Progress

//Card Draw
3 Browbeat

I was wondering if 23 Lands is a bit much, but I do want to hit 3 mana to cast Ball lightning, Hell's Thunder and Browbeat.

Is browbeat necessary or should I add more burn package, or more creatures, in it's place.

But yeah I am just using those suicidal creatures to compliment the big guy, since it's just rotting in my collection box :laugh:. What's you opinion, could it work?

Aggro_zombies
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
23 lands is too much for this deck. 20 should be fine.

Your guys seem a bit too ephemeral. I'd recommend moving into black for access to unearth guys, which also work quite well with Gargadon. At the very least, you'll get some discard to slow them down.

Carabas
02-05-2009, 01:51 AM
-3 mountain -3 browbeat +4 flame javelin (CMC 6) +2 Blazing Shoal?

Shoal+Gargadon is fun stuff, and you can use javelin as well, if you don't have a gargadon you want to get rid of.

Zappa
02-05-2009, 03:34 AM
There's really no reason to chose to run this over burn, been playing around with it on solitaire mode on MWS. It get's consistent turn 5 wins but I feel that its the bolts that pushes it to that.

But I was trying to see how it would be like if I were to open up with Greater Gargadon, and lots of critters to feed it while doing damage. But by the time the he does come out (turn 5 with a good hand), the game is pretty much over anyways. That is if the opponent has not found a way to bounce him or kill him by that time :tongue:

He works... but strictly for a casual setting :tongue:

rufus
02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
IMHO Greater Gargadon does have some potential, but it's more probably with things like Barren Glory or Balancing Act where the sack ability is moving you forward, or in conjunction with sweepers like Jokelhaups when the sac ability is asymmetric.

P.S. I see this thread is dead, but I wanted to point out that theres some synergy with evokers as well.