PDA

View Full Version : DreamHalls.dec

Guevera59
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey guys, this is just a fun kitchen table deck that follows 0 rules in terms of a banned list. The plan is to power out a Dream Halls, then play Conflux. Fetch 2x Progenitus/concordant Crossroads, and swing for 20. Why play this deck? It's fun as hell to win with Broken/Banned cards and 10/10's.

Land
4x City of Brass
4x Gemstone Mine
3x Undiscovered Paradise

The Combo
4x Dream Halls
4x Conflux
3x Progenitus
1x Concordant Crossroads

Acceleration
4x Dark Ritual
4x Lotus Petal
3x Chrome Mox
4x ESG
4x SSG

Draw/Tutor
4x Brainstorm
2x Ponder
4x Demonic Tutor
3x Mystical Tutor

Protection
2x Duress
3x Pact of Negation

Let me know what you think, it's a bast to play.

scrow213
02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Progenitus is... Legendary?

J.V.
02-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Legends rule for the loss?
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/JanValentine00/progenitus.jpg
Edit:Damn Scrow beat me too it.

GenioDeArena
02-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Phage can do the trick, but Serra Avatar is way more splashy. I remember the Ursas saga days when me and my friend brainstormed like crazy to make a reliable way of castin Sneak attack on turn one just to bash for 20 with the avatar.
You know whats funny about dream halls? In the eye of chaoz.

scrow213
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Progenitus won't do the trick. It tends to stick around for 2 turns anyway, so it will still kill them most likely. On a related note, why not use Conflux to fetch out a second Conflux as one of the card choices? It increases your cards in hand and gives you more options for creatures to play. So you can get:

Conflux
Progenitus
Concordant Crossroads
Force of Will (or whatever)
Elvish Spirit Guide (or whatever)

Play Progenitus, ditching FoW
Play Crossroads, ditching ESG
Play Conflux, ditching something in hand

Fetch SSG, Dragon Tyrant, 3x other cards
Drop Dragon Tyrant, pitching SSG.

Just some thoughts. Of course Serra Avatar is an awesome play too, assuming they have less life than you. Or assuming you fetch 2 creatures out.

Seriously
02-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Play Crossroads, ditching ESG

huh, why not just remove the ESG and play the crossroads.

scrow213
02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
huh, why not just remove the ESG and play the crossroads.

I guess it doesn't really matter either way.

Guevera59
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
haha, wow, reading fail. Thanks for the ideas though. I just came up with a really fun "infinite" storm count. You play Conflux with Halls fetching 2x Conflux, 2x Progenitus, and 1x Wheel of Sun and Moon. Pitch some bullshit to drop the wheel. Then pitch Conflux, which goes to the bottom of you library, to play a Conflux. Get the 2x COnflux's you pitched and you have infinite storm, then, just fetch a Tendrils and win....This works right?

Float4WeldSlaver
02-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Or just Conflux for Searing Wind, Conflux and some stuff to pitch to both of them, and then Conflux for another Searing Wind.

rockout
02-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I like the idea of winning with searing wind. Or searing wind into Hidetsugu's "Second Rite just to be "that guy.

Jeff Kruchkow
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
I like the idea of winning with searing wind. Or searing wind into Hidetsugu's "Second Rite just to be "that guy.

Hidetsugu's Second Rite makes you lose to City of Brass lol

On a serious note, Rather than chose Wind or Genitus, why not use both and make yourself immune to hate.

rufus
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the ideas though. I just came up with a really fun "infinite" storm count. You play Conflux with Halls fetching 2x Conflux, 2x Progenitus, and 1x Wheel of Sun and Moon. Pitch some bullshit to drop the wheel. Then pitch Conflux, which goes to the bottom of you library, to play a Conflux. Get the 2x COnflux's you pitched and you have infinite storm, then, just fetch a Tendrils and win....This works right?

At that point you're already going infinite. You can with any number of non-storm win conditions like Mind over Matter + Helix Pinnacle, or Darksteel Reactor + Extra Turns.