PDA

View Full Version : Extended: WHITE/blue permanent prison

conboy31
02-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Hey, I have been messing around with making a prison type deck for extended. I've played it some versus affinity and bant aggro doing alright. I also have done average versus lftl decks though my deck has changed some which may or may not mitigate some of the earlier matches. That said, the deck will never be able to get a match in a tournament done unless I go 0 wins 2 losses. That being said, it is fairly capable of going 1 win, 0 loss, 1 draw. I don't think the deck would do well versus burn.

I would like any ideas on A) improving the lock pieces or B) implementing a nice win condition.

Land:(23)
2 flooded strand
2 flagstones of trokair
2 ghost quarter
1 mutavault
1 faerie conclave
1 academy ruins
1 hallowed fountain
1 island
12 plains

Bandaids:(21)
4 runed halo
3 oblivion ring
2 engineered explosives
4 path to exile
1 condemn
4 wrath of god
1 aura of silence
2 relic of progenitus

Stitches: (6)
2 story circle
4 ensnaring bridge

Win: (10)
2 elspeth
2 eternal dragon
1 decree of justice
1 kitchen finks
1 crovax
2 jesters cap
1 crucible of worlds (man lands)

Thanks for looking.

Edit: here are a list of cards I have used but subbed out for now - 2nd crucible, Adjani Goldmane x1/x2, Ivory Mask x1/x2, Zurs Weirdening x1/x2 (was amazingly fun when it worked), scrying sheets + snow plains...

conboy31
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I played generally that deck today at Minneapolis PTQ going 3 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws. I will probably edit the name of this thread in the future and post my next extended creation that no one responds to :tongue:

The only deck I did not want to face was Fairys and I faced them 3 of my 8 rounds (fairly disproportionate given their % in the field...oh well).

Red Burn, Fairy, Zoo, Fairy, Bant Aggro, Fairy, Zoo, Affinity