PDA

View Full Version : Edh

tcb7599
03-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if there is still interest in EDH around here, and if so, what kind of decks are people playing with?

LegacyDan
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
I am currently playing with a +1/+1 counter based Vorosh deck, so much fun (and so many cute interactions).

AngryTroll
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
I play a five color control deck. Last weekend was the first time I've played it in multiplayer, but I've played it against Volt a whole bunch. My general was Cromat; Child of Alara is probably better, but I had a Cromat on hand.

Blue is the backbone of the deck, with a ton of black cards to support it.

The other three are a lighter splash:
White for the good removal, Decree, Eternal Dragon, and stuff

Green is a light splash for Life from the Loam, Regrowth, Goyf, Krosan Tusker, Sylvan Library, Gigapede, Pernicious Deed, Putrefy

Red has Prophetic Bolt, Urza's Rage, Volcanic Geyser, and a couple of other X Burn spells.

4 Signets, a couple extra artifact mana sources, bouncelands, fetchlands, duals, snow covered, etc. to make Tainted Pact an instant speed Demonic Tutor. On the downside, someone played a Blood Moon and I was very sad.

I'll post my list later this week when I see the deck- left it with Volt.

Jak
03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I have the cards for Sharuum. It isn't put together since I really don't get to play magic much. However, the deck is awesome (it was really awesome until they banned Tinker), tons of accel to play fatties, lots of fatties, tons of removal and some creature stealing. I haven't really played around with it, but Conflux probably adds a lot to it. UWB are awesome colors and you can really take the deck any way you want. If I feel like it, I'll try to get it back together and update a few things.

Volt
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Mine is 4-color (UWGB), but I play a 5-color general because there are no UWGB generals. I may go ahead and throw in a Banefire just so it will be a legitimate 5-color deck. It's blue heavy, with a lot of counterspells and removal. Loam engine, of course.

frogboy
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Witch-Maw Nephilim is UWGB, I think. I know there's one. I played Horde of Notions without red cards for a while, though. Banefire and FTK are the best reasons I can think of for red offhand if you want to play a control deck. Detritivore, maybe.

I haven't played EDH in a while and never multiplayer. I hear Rofellos got unbanned, but he's green, so he's probably fair. A friend of mine spent a while trying to convince me that Arcum Dagson is broken, but I'm still pretty sure that if your deck can't kill a four mana 2/2, you deserve what you get. I dunno, I only play EDH because I can play five color control. Bryant's storm deck is still by far the most degenerate list I've seen, but no idea how good it is in a multiplayer setting.

edit: I dunno if Banefire is actually all that good, but I guess I kill people with Rude Awakening often enough that it's okay? It seems pretty mediocre unless it's the super late game. Ajani Vengeant might actually be good, now that I think about it, though.

Volt
03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Witch-Maw Nephilim is UWGB, I think.

Yep. It's the only one, as a matter of fact. It isn't Legendary, though, so it isn't a legal general.

I know there's one. I played Horde of Notions without red cards for a while, though. Banefire and FTK are the best reasons I can think of for red offhand if you want to play a control deck. Detritivore, maybe

I used Horde of Notions as my general when I played EDH at Other Worlds on Sunday. Didn't care for it all that much, but it was what I had handy. I really want Child of Alara, since it fits my deck pretty perfectly. I think you'd like my latest list, actually. It's chock full of the type of stuff you like to play. I'll post the list in our team forum later on.

Sims
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
I've been playing a lot of 1v1 EDH lately because it's difficult to get our group together to play. I've been playing an Intet the Dreamer list that's kind of a generic UGR good stuff deck based off intet's ability, but lately i've been tuning to try and turn it a bit more combo oriented and haven't had a whole lot of success. Probably going to just leave it as a good stuff build with a few compact combos.

My other deck has been Teneb the Harvester playing a basic reanimator strategies. Since some of the decks in our group are powered up (Niv-Mizzet, Sharuum, and JPs Karn deck come to mind) I want Intet to try and stay on the stronger side, but I find that there are still some underpowered fun decks in the group that I want to be able to play with those guys without winning via combo-out every game, unless you consider Resurrection on Akroma or Reya Dawnbringer a game winning combo.

Zach Tartell
03-31-2009, 11:12 PM
I have a bunch of decks right now ('cause we do the whole "as long as it's all color proxies you're golden" thing now):

Horde of Notions - 5c Control (as above it's UBWgr, Red consisting of Cruel Ultimatum)
Savra, Queen of the Golgari - plays like (what I've been led to know as) oldschool Rock. Kill creatures well, has issues with dedicated control
Sedris, the Traitor King - Board control with reanimator themes. Made me realize what Crypt Angel is, so that's cool, I guess.
Mayael the Anima - Get to six mana, start dropping monsters. I even added lands so I can play them if I draw them by mistake
Reaper King - 5c artifact goodness. Because Goblin Welder isn't legendary or five colors (although Conspiracy + Sharding Sphinx is pretty amazing)
Teysa - I just put it together, but it plays a lot like BW tokens from standard. With an "oops, your guy is gone" button.
Jhoira of the Ghitu - Mana + bombs. I miss the cheesey artifact kills (painter/stone, Vault/Key), but setting up a turn 6 Obliterate with a turn 7 Inkwell Leviathian is awesome
Vorosh - I'm actually looking for some help on how to play him. 'Cause the whole Fastbond/Crucible/Stripmine/Zuran Orb is making my buddies unhappy.

zer0style
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I play a Vorosh EDH deck, the colors are really awesome, at least for me, it's been pretty good so far too, although Vorosh always gets instakilled whenever I play him :( But that's expected. Also, Draining Welk is AMAZING and I think anyone with blue in their EDH deck should play him.

Blitzbold
04-01-2009, 04:22 AM
I have both Rafiq and Vorosh put together, both of which I really like playing. A retired general of mine is Sek-Kuar. I am planning to do a Child of Alara in the near future which will be heavly themed on lands.

Aggro_zombies
04-01-2009, 05:25 AM
I have the following:

Sedris: board control and reanimation. Dumped the counterspells to make it more fun for other people to play against.

Doran: treefolk tribal with rockin' board control. People laugh, but it's a blast to play.

Oona: Faerie tribal, in the "This is why I don't play Type II" sense. Has a couple "oops, I win" combos in it (Monolith/Power Artifact being one), but mostly just plays as a really, really annoying draw-go control deck.

sunshine
04-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Currently working on finishing my Erayo build. Used to have Lin Sivvi put together that was a ton of fun to play, Mirror Entity is a pretty savage rebel.

C.P.
04-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I used to have 7 at a time, but now only 4 are active.

1. Teneb, the harvester: It is built to be the Truffle shuffle, except in EDH. I'm tweaking to see if I can get a nice peice of GY hate other than Primal command, But it is bit hard.n Overrall, Really nice control deck.

2. Momir Vig: It was built to be Tradewind Rider.Dec, but Now slowly truning into CIPT.Dec. Either way, lot of cute interactions that I enjoy. Oldest of my EDH decks, but Still needs a lot of work.

3. Kiki-Jiki, the Mirror Breaker: A lot of fun, but not going to be updated until I get Guntlet of Might and Imperian recuiter, both of wich are really good in the deck. I'm sorta sick of it, too.

4. Balthor the Defiled: Zombie theme deck, but I may take it apart soon to build Endrek Sarr, Master Breeder.

Sliver Overlord(half foiled out) is still sitting there, devoid of its manabase, and Endrek and Lyn Sivi is waiting to be built.

tcb7599
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
The only general that I have together now is Oona. She is basically u/b control with several ways to find the combo win (power artifact and grim/monolith). I am looking for something more fun to play because most of the games we play end on around turn 5 or so and it isn't really much fun for everyone else involved. I am pretty much the only blue player, so I basically just goldfish every time we play, even in multiplayer.

If anyone wants to share decklists / card choices, that would be cool too.

heroicraptor
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a Rofellos deck (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=154508). I frequently Timmygasm. Going infinite is so awesome.

Nightmare
04-01-2009, 02:12 PM
I've got:

Azami, Lady of Scrolls (http://saltcitymagic.blogspot.com/2009/01/nightmares-broken-edh-deck.html) - Broken as hell mono-blue Wizard combo, and

Captain Sisay (blog post coming soon) - "Legendary" is the coolest tribe ever.

I've also had Zur, which was kinda fun but I didn't put enough thought or work into it to make it unfair good, and I had Angus Mackenzie Enchantress, which was awesome, but boring. Under that same umbrella, I had a Vorosh Turboland deck built right before Crucible got unbanned, but it was like beating off - only fun for me.

Blitzbold
04-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I've got:

Azami, Lady of Scrolls (http://saltcitymagic.blogspot.com/2009/01/nightmares-broken-edh-deck.html) - Broken as hell mono-blue Wizard combo, and

OMG, that's awesome. I need to try that one for 1on1 tourneys. Oh, and by the way - do you have a list of "Bryant's U/B Pitchlong?" :D

Aggro_zombies
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
OMG, that's awesome. I need to try that one for 1on1 tourneys. Oh, and by the way - do you have a list of "Bryant's U/B Pitchlong?" :D
It's in this forum somewhere, do a search for it.

My Oona list, any suggestions?

// Lands
1 [10E] Faerie Conclave
1 [LRW] Secluded Glen
1 [10E] Underground River
1 [A] Underground Sea
1 [RAV] Watery Grave
1 [DK] Maze of Ith
1 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
1 [MOR] Mutavault
1 [FUT] Tolaria West
1 [CHK] Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [TSP] Dreadship Reef
14 [SHM] Island (2)
4 [SHM] Swamp (2)
1 [ON] Riptide Laboratory
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [10E] Terramorphic Expanse
1 [SH] Volrath's Stronghold
1 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 [RAV] Dimir Aqueduct
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [MI] Bad River

// Creatures
1 [UL] Cloud of Faeries
1 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
1 [LRW] Pestermite
1 [LRW] Scion of Oona
1 [TSP] Sprite Noble
1 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
1 [LRW] Faerie Harbinger
1 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage
1 [LRW] Mistbind Clique
1 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
1 [SHM] Glen Elendra Liege
1 [LRW] Wydwen, the Biting Gale
1 [SHM] Puppeteer Clique
1 [RAV] Drift of Phantasms
1 [BOK] Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
1 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
1 [LRW] Shriekmaw
1 [TSP] Dralnu, Lich Lord
1 [TSP] Draining Whelk

// Spells
1 [MOR] Bitterblossom
1 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
1 [LRW] Ponder
1 [VI] Vampiric Tutor
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [AL] Lim-Dul's Vault
1 [A] Demonic Tutor
1 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge
1 [AP] Phyrexian Arena
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
1 [TSP] Mystical Teachings
1 [MM] Gush
1 [MM] Counterspell
1 [LG] Mana Drain
1 [RAV] Remand
1 [CNF] Countersquall
1 [LRW] Faerie Trickery
1 [CHK] Hinder
1 [IN] Undermine
1 [LRW] Cryptic Command
1 [US] Rewind
1 [AL] Force of Will
1 [FUT] Slaughter Pact
1 [DS] Echoing Truth
1 [LRW] Nameless Inversion
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [RAV] Clutch of the Undercity
1 [PLC] Damnation
1 [MOR] Violet Pall
1 [SC] Decree of Pain
1 [MR] Chrome Mox
1 [SH] Mox Diamond
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [A] Mana Vault
1 [UL] Grim Monolith
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [DS] Darksteel Ingot
1 [VI] Helm of Awakening
1 [ON] Future Sight
1 [AQ] Power Artifact
1 [RAV] Dimir Signet

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae

tpnp
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I currently use the following:

Rith, the Awakener - Glare of Subdual, Deranged Hermit, Decree of Justice, etc... with Furystoke Giant and Goblin Bombardment for random wins.

Doran - nothing too tricky in here, creatures with large butts.

Garza Zol - UBR good stuff with a small theme of drawing a ton of cards, mostly played by my wife

Lin Sivvi - as posted earlier:

Used to have Lin Sivvi put together that was a ton of fun to play, Mirror Entity is a pretty savage rebel.

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa - mono-green druids, loosely based off of Bennie Smith's list. Includes things such as Priest of Titania/Staff of Domination, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid, Gaea's Cradle, etc... for large pumpage. Here's the article:
http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/15936_You_Lika_The_Juice_EDH_with_Kamahl_Fist_of_Krosa.html

ThoseWhoFearTomorrow
04-02-2009, 10:22 AM
My currently finished decks:

1. Nath of the Gilt-Leaf- Rock style with Sadistic Hypnotist and Memory Jar to make a bunch of tokens.

2. Vendilion Clique- Blue good stuff with a Tunnel Vision kill. Minor wizard theme with ways of replaying and copying Tunnel Vision. I also included other cards that put cards on the bottom of libraries.

3. Good Buddy (Lord of Tresserhorn)- Only because I have wanted to play with the card since Alliances and I have a bunch of UBR foils.

I also have these I am working on completing:

Arcanis the Omnipotent
Sharuum the Hegemon
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Numot, the Devastator

Nearly all of my decks have an infinite combo because I'm that guy...

Nightmare
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12272

Blitzbold
04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12272

Already found it. Thank you very much anyway!

LegacyDan
04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I coulda sworn Rofellos was banned as a general. Just saying.

Sims
04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I coulda sworn Rofellos was banned as a general. Just saying.

March 20th, he got unbanned, and they axed Tinker and Metalworker.

Paradigm Shift
04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I have

Mono-U Teferi/Azami/Venser/Vendilion Clique: This deck is just ubiquitous mono-blue control with tons of good wizards, including Academy Director thanks to Sunshine and his junk binder.

Vhati il-Dal: The Rock, still needs Spiritmonger, along with Screams from Within and Night of Soul's Betrayal to go with Vhati. The deck has a minor dredge/reanimation theme, along with a token generation/Skullclamp theme. Which isn't really a them, but rather, good. Also, for people looking for something in BG that is good on hating on graveyards, Necrogenesis is just awesome at tables with creature/yard shennanagins.

Oros the Avenger: Prison, missing Bitterblossom and Elspeth. The 1v1 version has 3sphere, welder, tangle wire, sphere of resistance, glow rider, thorn of amythest, geddon effects, braids/smokestack + tokens, tons of planeswalkers, and plenty of tutors and degenerate card draw.

Pheldagriff: Enchantress combo, wins with mana-doubling + palinchron + words of "" + prosperity. Really fun when it works, and when it's not working it helps other people out with Pheldagriff, Forbidden Orchard, Armistice, Heartbeat of Spring, etc.

nodahero
04-05-2009, 11:34 PM
With Oros as a general... you cant use bitterblossom... Do you mean Goblin Assault?

Jak
04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
With Oros as a general... you cant use bitterblossom... Do you mean Goblin Assault?

Yes, you can.

Currently I have been working on an Intet deck that is heavy blue control. It has some beefy cards to abuse Intet and a few combos that I can tutor up with Regrowth type cards.

tcb7599
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Any news on Captain Sisay?

Nightmare
04-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Any news on Captain Sisay?

Haha, yeah. I started to write up the list, but then forgot like 20 cards, and I decided to wait, then forgot.

But she's one of the strongest Generals I've seen.

Edit - Alright, it's posted, give or take a card or two. Still, the basic premise should be there now.

http://saltcitymagic.blogspot.com/2009/03/sisay-is-broken.html

Master Shake
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Right now I'm playing:

Zur the Enchanter - (Main) My deck is more than half enchantments. I just wanted to build a deck with a ton of enchantments, then I found out [through experience first] that Zur is one of the best generals
Arcades Sabboth - Enchantress
Progentius - Dreamhalls + Conflux + Rush of Knowledge
Rofellos - I think I've got my list pretty close to optimized.

When I was playing my Captain Sisay deck I was really happy with Rofellos and even though its stupid-expensive Patron of the Orochi.

My target combo was basically to tutor up Teeg to turn off Wrath effects and use Reki to draw cards and getting Rofellos + Stupid 2GG snake that gives all druids the ability to tap for GG generated mana. and then Greater Good was amazing.