PDA

View Full Version : Intet, the Dreamer - EDH deck

Jak
04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I haven't played actual magic in a while, so since I want to play more, I want to put an EDH deck together. I have Sharuum, but the deck just doesn't feel fun anymore for me. Bannings, the colors, and the play of the deck makes me turned off by the deck. So, I picked colors that I wanted to use and found Intet, the Dreamer, a pretty good card by itself. It lets me use some favorite colors and allows some cool combos. Well, putting the list together is hard. I am trying to focus it but I really want some cool combos in there, good draw, a nice counter suit, recursion, and some kick ass creatures. Finding everything was easy, but trimming it down is a pain. Here's the list so far.

Most Updated list - 102 cards
// Lands
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [DK] Maze of Ith
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (3)
1 [TSP] Vesuva
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
2 [5E] Island (3)
1 [9E] Forest (3)
1 [A] Tropical Island
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [U] Taiga
1 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [AP] Yavimaya Coast
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [GP] Stomping Ground
1 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
1 [TE] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Flooded Grove
1 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 [ON] Forgotten Cave
1 [MR] Seat of the Synod
1 [ON] Lonely Sandbar
1 [MR] Tree of Tales
1 [ON] Tranquil Thicket
1 [FUT] Tolaria West
1 [MR] Great Furnace
1 [TSP] Fungal Reaches

// Creatures
1 [UL] Palinchron
1 [MR] Duplicant
1 [TSB] Mystic Snake
1 [LE] Seedborn Muse
1 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite
1 [DS] Darksteel Colossus
1 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [JU] Genesis
1 [CHK] Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 [LRW] Pestermite
1 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [DS] Memnarch
1 [CHK] Keiga, the Tide Star
1 [SHM] Woodfall Primus
1 [DIS] Trygon Predator
1 [TSP] Draining Whelk
1 [CFX] Inkwell Leviathan
1 [GP] Izzet Chronarch
1 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
1 [DIS] Simic Sky Swallower

// Spells
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [R] Mana Vault
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [OD] Time Stretch
1 [CHK] Heartbeat of Spring
1 [DIS] Simic Signet
1 [LRW] Cryptic Command
1 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [MM] Gush
1 [DIS] Voidslime
1 [LG] Mana Drain
1 [B] Regrowth
1 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge
1 [MR] Mindslaver
1 [GP] Gruul Signet
1 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
1 [RAV] Life from the Loam
1 [FNM] Counterspell
1 [AL] Force of Will
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [ST] Tidings
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus
1 [MM] Bribery
1 [GP] Izzet Signet
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [TE] Intuition
1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
1 [CHK] Hinder
1 [MR] Tooth and Nail
1 [PY] Rhystic Study
1 [FUT] Take Possession
1 [UL] Defense of the Heart
1 [LG] Sylvan Library
1 [MI] Worldly Tutor
1 [ON] Blatant Thievery
1 [MR] Crystal Shard
1 [VI] Desertion
1 [MI] Dissipate
1 [DS] Whispersilk Cloak
1 [DS] Darksteel Ingot
1 [UD] Treachery
1 [US] Stroke of Genius
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [ON] Insurrection
1 [IN] Restock
1 [SC] Mind's Desire

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [PLC] Intet, the Dreamer

Sims
04-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm just going to throw down what I've found through my play of Intet, and the biggest thing I've had trouble with was Choosing a focus. The color combination brings to you some powerful draw, some pretty good game winning combos, and a lot of utility, but it needs to be balanced out and that's what I've been having trouble with. So I'll hit a few of the more compact combos that I've liked first.

- Palinchron + Mana Flare/Heartbeat of Spring + Fireball/Banefire/Invoke the Firemind/Stroke of Genius OR Grapeshot/Brain Freeze: This one is fairly easy to assemble between Gifts Ungiven and Worldly Tutor. Fairly basic "cheese" combo, but is fairly compact and in a diplomatic multiplayer game the ability to mana flare out is nice, just needs your own counters to keep an eye on what others are doing with that mana. Desire also works well here.

-Defense of the Heart/Tooth and Nail + Kiki Jiki + Pestermite: This needs no explanation. Very compact and the peices can be useful on their own.

-Vesuvan Shapeshifter + Brine Elemental: Another compact combo that's easy to assemble and lock your opponents out of their untaps stasis style, but the pieces (namely the elemental) are a little less useful on their own.

-Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth: Infinite colorless mana, only really useful for an X win condition such as the ones listed for Palinchron, but can easily dump that excess mana into an Orochi Hatchery (which is very tutorable via Trinket Mage). Brighthearth also makes Intet's ability insane.

Most of these combos I already see in your deck, which is great. Though I'm not sure if you need all of them, especially in multi play. One or two should be sufficient, but then the rest of the deck can focus on control and Bombs to abuse Intet's ability. For instance things like Insurrection and Blatent Thievery are great in multiplayer games, though not so much in 1v1. Sensei's Divining Top and Sylvan Library stack the top of your deck in prep for Intet activations, and are also great at digging for answers when you need them. Fat utility like Woodfall Primus, Titan, Memnarch, and Bogardan Hellkite easily round out the package.

Tarmogoyf is really underwhelming and ends up either dying way too easy or just being small compared to the unreal things you can do in EDH, and I prefer land accelerants to lots of artifact mana, but that's a personal preference. You also probably don't need more than a Regrowth + Eternal Witness, as you can Izzet Chronarch (sp?) the regrowth back and bounce that guy with Crystal Shard (also good with pestermite, trinket mage, titan, etc.) and E.Witness can be Genesis'd.

This really didn't give you much help in trimming it down, and the post is probably redundant, but I think what I'd do is decide if you wanna focus on Intet's ability or comboing out, and then either beef up the "bombs" and manipulation of your library with one or two of the compact combos for backup plans, or go balls into tutoring ability and draw engines to find your combo pieces and use intet as the backup. I'm personally going to go for the former.

Loxodon Baileyarch
04-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Tarmogoyf and Flametongue Kavu seem a bit lackluster if ya ask me. But hey i play mulitplayer where each spell is usually a bomb.

Jak
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I totally agree with you on the combos. I threw them in there because I am sure there is more broken stuff so having a few instant wins never hurts. I will probaby cut the Brine/Shapeshifter combo since it is unfun/boring for the opponents when you get it.

I want to focus on the control and swinging with Intet and then have the Palinchron/Heart and Kiki/Pestermite combo as fun ways to instantly win. This sounds a million times more fun than just searching for the combo to win. Counters, draw, creature steal, big dudes, recursion, and then the two combos sound nice.

I really like everything you said so I took out a few things and added in all the cards you recommended. Then, I cut all the man lands since I feel they won't be relevant and that brought the land count to 34. With a lot of artifact accel and a ton of draw, I think this is enough. So it is down to 115 cards.

I feel this is pretty focused. Counters and draw, a few removal spells and control magic effects, bg creatures, and then the two combos. I don't know where to go from here.

Jak
04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Tarmogoyf and Flametongue Kavu seem a bit lackluster if ya ask me. But hey i play mulitplayer where each spell is usually a bomb.

True. I really haven't played EDH all that much, just looked at forums a while back when I thought I was going to get into it then. I cut Goyf since he does seem lackluster compared to the other guys. I kind of like the Kavu since I hardly run removal and he can take care of utility critters, but he could go. Now 14 more to go...

Edit- Never mind, back to 15. I added Wordly tutor.

Sims
04-03-2009, 12:09 AM
If you want some help trimming, you could update the first post with the list from the new MWS file and we can try and spot some weak points.

Jak
04-03-2009, 12:12 AM
If you want some help trimming, you could update the first post with the list from the new MWS file and we can try and spot some weak points.

Okay done. I meant to do this early when I was rambling a few posts ago.

Blitzbold
04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry, double-post because of being logged-out temporarily.

Blitzbold
04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I try to comment on some of the more questionable choices (as I see them). Maybe this helps to cut your list a bit.

// Lands
1 [MR] Great Furnace - > I omitted those in my decks as they die to mass removal pretty easily. Speaking of Discs and so on as well as Akroma's Vengeance or even Fracturing Gust.
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [DK] Maze of Ith
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (3)
1 [TSP] Vesuva
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
1 [MR] Seat of the Synod
1 [TSP] Mountain (4)
1 [MR] Tree of Tales
4 [5E] Island (3)
2 [9E] Forest (3)
1 [A] Tropical Island
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [U] Taiga
1 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [AP] Yavimaya Coast
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [GP] Stomping Ground
1 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
1 [TE] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Flooded Grove
1 [AP] Shivan Reef

// Creatures
1 [PLC] Body Double - > pretty underwhelming in my view
1 [PLC] Akroma, Angel of Fury
1 [UL] Palinchron
1 [MR] Duplicant
1 [TSB] Mystic Snake
1 [UD] Yavimaya Elder
1 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - > Wwill be killed quickly
1 [LE] Seedborn Muse
1 [FD] Trinket Mage
1 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite - > Do you need this one?
1 [DS] Darksteel Colossus - > Neat, but I like the Leviathan better. Nice with Kiki out of a T'n'N, though.
1 [ON] Krosan Tusker
1 [US] Morphling - > Pretty small. Take a look at Simic Sky Swallower or Inkwell Leviathan.
1 [DS] Sundering Titan -> I took him out of all of my multiplayer decks. Spoils the fun for everyone. With this being a multiplayer-FUN-format I decided that this is nothing I want to do.
1 [JU] Genesis
1 [LRW] Pestermite
1 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [LE] Willbender -> Did you already test this one? Seems a bit narrow.
1 [DS] Memnarch
1 [ON] Gigapede -> Ddies too easily.
1 [MR] Solemn Simulacrum
1 [SHM] Woodfall Primus
1 [DIS] Trygon Predator
1 [GP] Izzet Chronarch

-> Draining Whelk?
-> Aeon Chronicler?

// Spells
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [DS] Whispersilk Cloak - > Lightning Grreaves should be sufficient.
1 [U] Control Magic - > Take Possession?
1 [AP] Prophetic Bolt
1 [R] Mana Vault
1 [MR] Lightning Greaves
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [OD] Time Stretch
1 [FD] Engineered Explosives - > Probably won't kill much short of tokens.
1 [DIS] Simic Signet
1 [LRW] Cryptic Command
1 [GP] Invoke the Firemind
1 [UD] Treachery -> Take Possesion?
1 [FD] Rude Awakening
1 [LRW] Wild Ricochet - > Lovely!
1 [TSP] Spell Burst
1 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [UL] Crop Rotation - > Which land do you need desperately? Avoid card disadvantage, as this will sum up over a long game.
1 [SC] Mind's Desire - > uh?
1 [SOK] Pithing Needle - > Great card, but also somewhat narrow.
1 [MM] Gush - > You're not playing pure combo, aren't you?
1 [DIS] Voidslime - > This doesn't do anything short of trading 1 for 1.
1 [LG] Mana Drain
1 [B] Regrowth
1 [MM] Brainstorm - > Enough shuffle effects? You also already have got Top and Sylvan Library.
1 [MR] Mindslaver
1 [MR] Mind's Eye - > Great card, but which makes you a target; consider replacinge it with Rhystic Study.
1 [CFX] Banefire
1 [GP] Gruul Signet
1 [FNM] Counterspell - > This doesn't do anything (see above).
1 [AL] Force of Will -> Pact of Negation is better in this format: avoid card disadvantage; always remember: this is meant to be multiplayer, there is probably always a player with a counterspell ready to stop nasty things, so you don't need to handle everything all alone.
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [ST] Tidings
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus - > Sadly, this will be destroyed more often than not.
1 [MR] Chrome Mox - > Bad topdeck beyond turn 3; your'e not playing pure combo, so avoid card disadvantage.
1 [SH] Mox Diamond - > Bad topdeck beyond turn 3; though LftL or Crucible will help here.
1 [MM] Bribery
1 [GP] Izzet Signet
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [TE] Intuition
1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
1 [CHK] Hinder - > One of the few playable 1-for-1 counterspells as this handles enemy generals.
1 [MR] Tooth and Nail
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip - > Barely playable; keepable because of Split Second.
1 [MI] Worldly Tutor - > Do you really need this one?
1 [UL] Frantic Search - > You're not playing pure combo, aren't you? Avoid card disadvantage.
1 [ON] Insurrection - > I like this one, but you will see VERY much mass destruction; Blatant Thievery should be sufficient.
1 [ON] Blatant Thievery
1 [MR] Crystal Shard
1 [LG] Sylvan Library

-> Restock?
-> Defense of the Heart?
-> Spitting Image?
-> Guided Passage?
-> Savage Beatings (!!)?
-> Jace?
-> Garruk?

// Sideboard

That's all for now. Maybe I'll have some more ideas during the weekend.

Sims
04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't agree with the cutting of Titan or Hellkite, but the rest of the creature cuts seem reasonable suggestions Blitzbold. Titan is on the watch list for a good reason, the card can be ridiculously good. If his playgroup decides that it's too abusive and that he should change it out, fine, for the sake of people actually playing magic with you...but don't cut it prematurely just because someone might not like it. Hell, his playgroup may already be using it. Hellkite, I like a lot for the reasons that it's instant speed removal/punch to the face, and a blocker. Hiding it under Intet or even late game faking a dead turn to draw someone into hellkite owning one of their best creatures can be really strong. With strong creatures like it, Titan, and Palinchron (which provides a combo win) then there shouldn't be an argument against Worldly Tutor. Yeah, you have to reveal what you're about to put under Intet or draw, but it gets you what you need to win or take care of a given situation. The suggestion of Aeon Chronicler and Draining Whelk are good ones though.

I agree with some but not all of your spell cut suggestions, as well. Gush is pure card draw, it may set you back on tempo but it really doesn't matter if you're going to win the game, and while his deck is not pure combo it does have a few combo routes to victory so Gush is a nice supplement card draw. Possibly better as Ancestral Vision, but I see no qualm with Gush. I also think the counter magic needs to stay. One for One's are not meant specifically as a control aspect, they are there to save your ass. Stopping your opponents Niv-Mizzet or Karn from resolving, or allowing you to force through T'n'N for the win. You cannot always assume someone else will have the countermagic (or the wrath, or the disk) and sometimes you have to run them yourself. Cutting the two moxen is fine, but I think gilded lotus serves it's purpose well, as it's not a huge target for spot removal effects.. you usually can get a bit of use out if it before someone has to break a disk or cast Gusts. Taking out Frantic Search, Crop Rotation, Control magic, and maybe needle I can see.. But Mind's Desire? Really? You do see the Palinchron and Heartbeat of Spring in the deck, Right? Mind's Desire is a win condition.

That all said, I think my own list of cuts would have looked something like this Jak:

Body Double
Akroma
Teferi or Muse
Morphling
Gigapede (sorry Mr. Elgin)
Control magic
Whispersilk or Greaves
Invoke the Firemind
Treachery
Rude Awakening
Spellburst
Crop Rotation
Banefire
Chrome Mox
Mox Diamond
Frantic Search

That's 16 cuts right there to get to 99, though I agree with blitz there are a few cards I wouldn't mind finding room for still, like Whelk and Chronicler. But those are just my suggestions on what I feel is weak in the deck.

Jak
04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
// Lands
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [DK] Maze of Ith
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (3)
1 [TSP] Vesuva
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
1 [TSP] Mountain (4)
6 [5E] Island (3)
3 [9E] Forest (3)
1 [A] Tropical Island
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [U] Taiga
1 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [AP] Yavimaya Coast
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [GP] Stomping Ground
1 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
1 [TE] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Flooded Grove
1 [AP] Shivan Reef

// Creatures
1 [UL] Palinchron
1 [MR] Duplicant
1 [TSB] Mystic Snake
1 [UD] Yavimaya Elder
1 [LE] Seedborn Muse
1 [FD] Trinket Mage
1 [ON] Krosan Tusker
1 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [JU] Genesis
1 [LRW] Pestermite
1 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [DS] Memnarch
1 [MR] Solemn Simulacrum
1 [SHM] Woodfall Primus
1 [DIS] Trygon Predator
1 [TSP] Draining Whelk
1 [GP] Izzet Chronarch
1 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler

// Spells
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [U] Control Magic
1 [AP] Prophetic Bolt
1 [R] Mana Vault
1 [MR] Lightning Greaves
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [OD] Time Stretch
1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
1 [DIS] Simic Signet
1 [LRW] Cryptic Command
1 [UD] Treachery
1 [LRW] Wild Ricochet
1 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [SOK] Pithing Needle
1 [MM] Gush
1 [DIS] Voidslime
1 [LG] Mana Drain
1 [B] Regrowth
1 [MM] Brainstorm
1 [MR] Mindslaver
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [GP] Gruul Signet
1 [FNM] Counterspell
1 [AL] Force of Will
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [ST] Tidings
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus
1 [MM] Bribery
1 [GP] Izzet Signet
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [TE] Intuition
1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
1 [CHK] Hinder
1 [MR] Tooth and Nail
1 [FUT] Pact of Negation
1 [PY] Rhystic Study
1 [FUT] Take Possession
1 [DS] Savage Beating
1 [LG] Sylvan Library
1 [MI] Worldly Tutor
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip
1 [ON] Insurrection
1 [ON] Blatant Thievery
1 [MR] Crystal Shard

// Sideboard

Down to 108. I tried to add what I thought would be most beneficial and cut pretty much everything you said, but I really want/feel I need the control magic effects since that is all I have as "removal".

It is so hard because every time I cut it down, I always think of new cards to add that help out. Like just now I wanted to add Desertion and Overwhelming Intellect since that counter and draw cards/steal creatures.

Jak
04-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Okay, I am at 103 cards. I had to cut a lot of stuff I liked like Insurrection, Brainstorm, Control Magic, and Treachery, but at least it is down to just 3 cuts left. Any ideas?

Edit- List in OP.

Jak
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I have been liking the feel with this. It feels good but the fact that I run no removal makes this only work in multiplayer.
// Lands
1 [TE] Wasteland
1 [DK] Maze of Ith
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (3)
1 [TSP] Vesuva
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
2 [5E] Island (3)
1 [9E] Forest (3)
1 [A] Tropical Island
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [U] Taiga
1 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [AP] Yavimaya Coast
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [GP] Stomping Ground
1 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
1 [TE] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Flooded Grove
1 [ON] Forgotten Cave
1 [MR] Seat of the Synod
1 [ON] Lonely Sandbar
1 [MR] Tree of Tales
1 [ON] Tranquil Thicket
1 [FUT] Tolaria West
1 [MR] Great Furnace
1 [TSP] Fungal Reaches

// Creatures
1 [UL] Palinchron
1 [MR] Duplicant
1 [TSB] Mystic Snake
1 [LE] Seedborn Muse
1 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [JU] Genesis
1 [LRW] Pestermite
1 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [DS] Memnarch
1 [SHM] Woodfall Primus
1 [DIS] Trygon Predator
1 [TSP] Draining Whelk
1 [GP] Izzet Chronarch
1 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler

// Spells
1 [A] Sol Ring
1 [R] Mana Vault
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [OD] Time Stretch
1 [DIS] Simic Signet
1 [LRW] Cryptic Command
1 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [MM] Gush
1 [DIS] Voidslime
1 [LG] Mana Drain
1 [B] Regrowth
1 [MR] Mindslaver
1 [GP] Gruul Signet
1 [FNM] Counterspell
1 [AL] Force of Will
1 [TE] Capsize
1 [ST] Tidings
1 [MR] Gilded Lotus
1 [MM] Bribery
1 [GP] Izzet Signet
1 [IN] Fact or Fiction
1 [TE] Intuition
1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
1 [CHK] Hinder
1 [MR] Tooth and Nail
1 [PY] Rhystic Study
1 [FUT] Take Possession
1 [LG] Sylvan Library
1 [MI] Worldly Tutor
1 [ON] Blatant Thievery
1 [MR] Crystal Shard
1 [VI] Desertion
1 [MI] Dissipate
1 [DS] Whispersilk Cloak
1 [DS] Darksteel Ingot
1 [UD] Treachery
1 [US] Stroke of Genius
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip
1 [MR] Mind's Eye
1 [ON] Insurrection
1 [SC] Mind's Desire

// Sideboard

Unfortunately, I am still at 101. I have gone down to 100, fluctuated back to 110, but I've been cutting nonstop so I think this looks good and has the interactions I want to make it fun and good.

So I have one question...

What 2 cards should I cut?

I feel like I have been asking that too much, but I can only take so much pain from cutting stuff I love. (I'll miss you Prophetic Bolt :cry: ) Ideas? Then I can finally test this.

Anusien
04-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Nucklavee instead of Izzet Chronarch.

In that list, Gush or Darksteel Colossus is probably the worst card, with Simic Sky Swallower being a close third.

Things you should add: Glen Elendra Archmage, Sower of Temptation, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Venser, Shaper Savant, Mind's Eye, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Vedalken Orrery, Mulldrifter (probably over Tidings), Deep Analysis, Recoup, Solemn Simulacrum.

All Sun's Dawn is probably worlds better than Regrowth, and I would doubt Heartbeat of Spring does enough for you. You can also probably cut the signets and add Sakura-Tribe Elder, Search for Tomorrows, Kodama's Reach, Skyshrould Claim, Coiling Oracle, Farhaven Elf, etc. Also, Mana Vault is asstastic.

Instead of Worldly Tutor, run Chord of Calling. And instead of the asstastic counters (looking at you, Counterspell, Force of Will, Desertion and Voidslime) I'd run Spelljack and Commandeer. Also I'm pretty sure you need more ways to destroy problem permanents, so how about Wickerbough Elder.

Run more basics and cut the painlands. In their place you probably want the Kamigawa legendary lands in RGU, and also Miren, Mikokoro and Winding Canyon.

Oh, and you unexpectedly don't play Survival of the Fittest. Fix that please.

Guided Passage is probably fine to play too.

Sims
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM

In that list, Gush or Darksteel Colossus is probably the worst card, with Simic Sky Swallower being a close third.

Things you should add: Glen Elendra Archmage, Sower of Temptation, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Venser, Shaper Savant,

All Sun's Dawn is probably worlds better than Regrowth, and I would doubt Heartbeat of Spring does enough for you. You can also probably cut the signets and add Sakura-Tribe Elder, Search for Tomorrows, Kodama's Reach, Skyshrould Claim, Coiling Oracle, Farhaven Elf, etc. Also, Mana Vault is asstastic.

I really have no qualms with what you said, with exception to Heartbeat..... Heartbeat + Palinchron + tutor/card = win.

Anusien
04-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm skeptical of Heartbeat in this deck since it seems like you can get burned on it quite a bit. I'd rather see it be High Tide.

Sims
04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm skeptical of Heartbeat in this deck since it seems like you can get burned on it quite a bit. I'd rather see it be Heartbeat.

It's the reason I actually cut it down from Heartbeat + Mana Flare to just the Heartbeat. Reasoning is that usually it can be a bigger help to your opponents than you, and it's only a part of a combo win condition, which lets face it is a pretty good one. I only have the one copy instead of multiples so that I can use it as a Gifts target.

Jak
04-08-2009, 12:44 AM

Things you should add: Glen Elendra Archmage, Sower of Temptation, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Venser, Shaper Savant,

Nuckalvee costs more and can't get back things like Regrowth, Blatant thievery, etc. I really have it in there to keep bouncing with Capsize and Shard.

I just played a few games and found how clunky it was. I cut Gush and SSS for some cantrips like Brainstorm and Ponder. DSC may be next.

I like all the suggested cards. I will try to fit those in.

Regrowth is cheaper so it's in. It is much better with ealr intuition and Gifts Piles. I would probably run reclaim over All Suns Down anyway.

Heartbeat is for accel and infy mana. I want to keep at least two combos just for the sake of having one if the other is disrupted.

The signets and artifact mana is used because it is better against Armageddon effects, Moon, Contamination, and it synergizes with Thirst and Academy. Not sure what to do. I'll try the basic land approach.

I guess you are kind of right about Mana Vault. I put it in because I had one and it is accel. I'll keep testing with it.

Jak
04-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Instead of Worldly Tutor, run Chord of Calling. And instead of the asstastic counters (looking at you, Counterspell, Force of Will, Desertion and Voidslime) I'd run Spelljack and Commandeer. Also I'm pretty sure you need more ways to destroy problem permanents, so how about Wickerbough Elder.

Run more basics and cut the painlands. In their place you probably want the Kamigawa legendary lands in RGU, and also Miren, Mikokoro and Winding Canyon.

Oh, and you unexpectedly don't play Survival of the Fittest. Fix that please.

Guided Passage is probably fine to play too.

Wordly is much cheaper and is nice with Intet. I don't think it is that obvious of a switch. Of course, I'll test it.

Why is Desertion in that list? I can see why the others are but Desertion is pretty damn good.

Added Wickerbough.

I run only one pain land so cutting it wont make room for more basics and the Kamigawa lands. I'll try to find room.

Survival seems lame in a deck with 20 creatures, blue based, and most of the creatures being good.

Master Shake
04-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I'll confess that I didn't read anything except to see that Kiki-Jiki and Worldly tutor are in your deck:

I really think you should consider adding Skill Borrower to the deck. Skill Borrower + Worldly Tutor for Kiki-Jiki wins the game.

Jak
04-19-2009, 05:52 PM
I'll confess that I didn't read anything except to see that Kiki-Jiki and Worldly tutor are in your deck:

I really think you should consider adding Skill Borrower to the deck. Skill Borrower + Worldly Tutor for Kiki-Jiki wins the game.

Will add. Seems perfect.

Jak
07-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Since I have my Legacy decks together, I figured I should get back on the EDH train because I now know where there are regular tournaments. I am still in love with Intet or at least the colors, so I want to still play it. I spent the last few hours working on a list that is heavily control oriented, mostly being counterspells and Control Magic effects.

List

General
Intet, the Dreamer

Mana Lands
1 Tropical Island
1 Volcanic Island
1 Taiga
1 Breeding Pool
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Grounds
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Shivan Reef
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Izzet Boilerworks
1 Flooded Grove
1 Cascade Bluffs
1 Fungal Reaches
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Grove
1 Vivid Crag
1 Reflecting Pool
7 Island
2 Forest
1 Mountain

Fecthlands
1 Polluted Delta
1 Flooded Strand
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Bloodstained Mire

Cycle Lands
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Forgotten Cave

Utility Lands
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Academy Ruins
1 Tolaria West
1 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine

Accel
1 Sol Ring
1 Simic Signet
1 Izzet Signet
1 Darksteal Ignot
1 Gilded Lotus

Counters
1 Force of Will
1 Counterspell
1 Dissipate
1 Voidslime
1 Hinder
1 Dismiss
1 Cryptic Command
1 Desertion
1 Traumatic Visions
1 Mystic Snake
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Draining Whelk

Card Draw / Tutors / CA
1 Brainstorm
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Mind's Eye
1 Opportunity
1 Mulldrifter
1 Krosan Tusker
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Intuition

Game Winners
1 Insurrection
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Tooth and Nail
1 Time Stretch
1 Wild Ricochet
1 Mindslaver

Recursion
1 Regrowth
1 Eternal Witness
1 Life from the Loam
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Izzet Chronarch
1 Genesis

Bounce (mostly for me :tongue: )
1 Crystal Shard
1 Erratic Portal
1 Capsize

Thief!
1 Treachery
1 Gilded Drake (loves to get bounced)
1 Memnarch
1 Keiga, the Tide Star

Random Cards
1 Krosan Grip
1 Whispersilk Cloak

Combo Creatures
1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 Pestermite

Cool Creatures
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Duplicant
1 Bogardan Hellkite
1 Sundering Titan
1 Woodfall Primus
1 Wickerbough Elder

Thoughts? I am vary of the win conditions because I have a fragile creature combo and then the rest are just beaters. I would love for another way to win (ie outside of creatures). I also was wanting more draw. Perhaps the Honden? I need some help with that. Again, thoughts?

Jak
07-30-2009, 10:56 PM
So I have added Reclaim, Fabricate, Disk, Oblivion Stone, Isochron Scepter, Earthquake, Starstrom, Firespout, and some more sweepers that I forgot. I also added Beacon of Tomorrows.

I also really want to add the Palichron and Heartbeat combo back in because it is so much harder to pull off Kiki and Pestermite due to no Gifts. I dunno, thoughts?

Jak
08-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Nvm about Heartbeat, Mana Reflection is just better. It doesn't hurt us and it allows the cards in the combo to be decent even without the other half.

I am thinking...

1 Palinchron
1 Mana Reflection

1 Memnarch
1 Capsize
1 Fireball

Jak
08-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Currently at 106 cards

General
Intet, the Dreamer

Mana Lands
1 Tropical Island
1 Volcanic Island
1 Taiga
1 Breeding Pool
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Grounds
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Shivan Reef
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Izzet Boilerworks
1 Gruul Turf
1 Flooded Grove
1 Cascade Bluffs
1 Fungal Reaches
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Grove
1 Vivid Crag
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Tree of Tales
1 Great Furnace
1 Darksteel Citadel
3 Island
1 Forest
1 Mountain

Fecthlands
1 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Bloodstained Mire

Cycle Lands
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Forgotten Cave

Utility Lands
1 Miren, the Moaning Well
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Academy Ruins
1 Strip Mine
1 Wasteland

Accel
1 Sol Ring
1 Simic Signet
1 Izzet Signet
1 Gruul Signet
1 Darksteal Ignot
1 Gilded Lotus

Intet Protection
1 Whispersilk Cloak
1 Lightning Greaves

Counters
1 Pact of Negation
1 Force of Will
1 Counterspell
1 Negate
1 Dissipate
1 Faerie Trickery
1 Voidslime
1 Hinder
1 Dissmiss
1 Cryptic Command
1 Desertion

Card Draw / Tutors
1 Brainstorm
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Scroll Rack
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Honden of Seeing Winds
1 Opportunity
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Intuition

Game Winners
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Insurrection
1 Tooth and Nail
1 Time Stretch
1 Mindslaver

Recursion
1 Reclaim
1 Regrowth
1 Restock
1 Life from the Loam
1 Genesis

Removal
1 Prophetic Bolt
1 Starstrom
1 Oblivion Stone
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Krosan Grip
1 Rack and Ruin

CIP Creature Abusers
1 Kiki Jiki
1 Crystal Shard
1 Erratic Portal
1 Capsize

CIP Creatures
1 Pesermite
1 Gilded Drake
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Mulldrifter
1 Mystic Snake
1 Draining Whelk
1 Izzet Chronarch
1 Eternal Witness
1 Flametongue Kavu
1 Duplicant
1 Woodfall Primus
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Bogardan Hellkite
1 Sundering Titan

Other Dudes
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Memnarch
1 Keiga, the Tide Star

mossivo1986
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I think Titan was banned Jak.

Jak
08-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I think Titan was banned Jak.

Nope.

Zach Tartell
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Kiega, Thirst (you play eight or ten artifacts), Rack and Ruin (for Ancient Grudge), Genesis (you have few ways to discard him and he's janky by himself), and two others.

Three others, I guess.

Bryant Cook
08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
A green/red deck without Survival/Squee/Anger? You already run genesis. Man up.

Jak
08-14-2009, 09:09 PM
A green/red deck without Survival/Squee/Anger? You already run genesis. Man up.

Creature count seems hella low. Maybe in a less blue and controlling version? One more combo oriented.

@ Zach

I'm down for most of that. I'll probably keep Thirst in because I run like 20+ artifacts with 9 of those being stuff like accel and lands.

Bryant Cook
08-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Creature count seems hella low. Maybe in a less blue and controlling version? One more combo oriented.

@ Zach

I'm down for most of that. I'll probably keep Thirst in because I run like 20+ artifacts with 9 of those being stuff like accel and lands.

You need one creature to gain an absurd amount of card advantage while making the creatures in your deck better.

Jak
08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
You need one creature to gain an absurd amount of card advantage while making the creatures in your deck better.

What would you cut? I mean, I already want to add Mind's Eye, Firespout, Trygon Predator, Savage Twister, Earthquake, Fabricate, Punctuating Blast, Spelljakc, Overwhelming Intellect, Treachery, Take Possession, and Bribery. I just think those would be better for the deck than running one really good card and two others that suck without that one good card.

Bryant Cook
08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I mean, I already want to add Mind's Eye,Trygon Predator, Overwhelming Intellect, and Bribery.

These are what you want to add.

Cut Crystal Shard, Portal, Capsize and Worldly Tutor.

Jak
08-17-2009, 09:44 PM
These are what you want to add.

Cut Crystal Shard, Portal, Capsize and Worldly Tutor.

The bounce effects are so insane as is Worldy Tutor at finding Kiki Jiki. The only one I probably would cut is Capsize but that removes the only bounce card in my list and I hate Darksteel Forge.

Jak
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
New list!

General
Intet, the Dreamer

Mana Lands
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Tropical Island
1 Volcanic Island
1 Taiga
1 Breeding Pool
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Grounds
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Shivan Reef
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Izzet Boilerworks
1 Flooded Grove
1 Cascade Bluffs
1 Fungal Reaches
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Grove
1 Vivid Crag
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Tree of Tales
1 Great Furnace
3 Island
1 Forest
1 Mountain

Fecthlands
1 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Bloodstained Mire

Cycle Lands
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Forgotten Cave

Utility Lands
1 Miren, the Moaning Well
1 Keldon Necropolis
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Academy Ruins
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 Wasteland

Accel
1 Sol Ring
1 Simic Signet
1 Izzet Signet
1 Darksteal Ignot
1 Gilded Lotus

Intet Protection
1 Whispersilk Cloak

Counters
1 Pact of Negation
1 Annul
1 Counterspell
1 Negate
1 Dissipate
1 Faerie Trickery
1 Voidslime
1 Hinder
1 Forbid
1 Dissmiss
1 Cryptic Command
1 Force of Will
1 Desertion

Card Draw / Tutors
1 Brainstorm
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Impulse
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Honden of Seeing Winds
1 Tidings
1 Opportunity
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Fabricate
1 Intuition
1 Future Sight

Game Winners
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Insurrection
1 Tooth and Nail
1 Time Stretch
1 Mindslaver
1 Bribery

Recursion
1 Reclaim
1 Regrowth
1 Restock
1 Life from the Loam

Removal
1 Starstrom
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Krosan Grip
1 Ancient Grudge

Redirect-ers
1 Swerve
1 Reiterate
1 Wild Ricochet
1 Misdirection

Bounce
1 Crystal Shard
1 Capsize

Creatures
1 Willbender
1 Kiki Jiki
1 Pesermite
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Mystic Snake
1 Draining Whelk
1 Izzet Chronarch
1 Eternal Witness
1 Duplicant
1 Woodfall Primus
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Sundering Titan
1 Memnarch

From playing some EDH today, I found out a lot about my deck. I realized how bad creatures are. Hellkite, Keiga, etc sat dead in my hand most of the time. I would have rather had them be anything. I also realized that getting ahead too drastically means you get "Mind Twisted" 4 times in two games. Yes 4, and it would have been more had I had more Counters. From this, I realized that running stuff like Willbender, Swerve, Wild Ricochet, etc is amazing. Not only does it provide ridiculously powerful effects, but they are fun! No one gets mad when you draw 4 off someone else's Opportunity but they do when you draw 4 off Mind's Eye. It also is a cheap way to protect me from stuff like Mind Twist or Identity Crisis and as good counters.

I could cut down on these, but I want to try out a set of 5 to see if they are worth it. Willbender and Swerve will probably be the first cut.

It is at 107 cards. I also added Tidings, Future Sight and Fabricate (gets Disk, Cloak, Top, Shard, Mindslaver, or big creature dudes). I may cut Mind's Eye since it makes you a target.