PDA

View Full Version : Enduring Ideal ideas?

Peter_Rotten
04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm looking to play Enduring Ideal in a WUB EDH deck and was wondering if anyone could suggest some brutal combos to assemble in those colors. Some great choices, so far, would include the following:

Solitary Confinement
Moat
Dovescape

However, I can think of some great game-stalling enchantments, but NO game-winning ones. If only Form of the Dragon was White.

Help a brother out.

Zach Tartell
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Debtor's Knell

Sanguine Voyeur
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Honden of Cleansing Fire + Bitterblossom
Forced Fruition
3 Hondens + Hoofprints of the Stag

Humility and Moat makes for a decent lock if you don't want to use your own creatures.

Peter_Rotten
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Debtor's Knell

Yummy.

Hoofprints is decent card for the deck in general, although I have a bit of a distaste for Hondens.

Anyway I can get Barren Glory to work? :wink:

Nihil Credo
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Anyway I can get Barren Glory to work? :wink:

Psychic Vortex works in a few turns, but since you need to get Barren Glory into play the turn before, you'd have to catch everyone on a turn when nobody has a Disenchant nor a bounce effect. Unlikely.

Peter_Rotten
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I had considered that, but it seemed like more of a hassle than doing something like Zuran Orbing all my lands away (which doesn't work anyway since I then have Orb in play). Maybe that Gix thingy... or maybe I'll just leave Barren Glory alone.

kirdape3
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Subversion
(Take Possession on their creatures)
Sacred Mesa/Mobilization
any planeswalker would be probably pretty ridiculous actually; I'd want Elspeth

cwt1220
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
You can always cast kaervek's spite with a rector in play and that will put barren glory in play, and no permanents or hand. Just a thought.

-Chris-

Pinder
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Honden of Cleansing Fire + Bitterblossom
3 Hondens + Hoofprints of the Stag

On that note, Honden of Seeing Winds + Solitary Confinement is a hard lock which, if you also have Honden of Infinite Rage to fetch as well, you can still draw cards through and acts as a win condition all by itself.

Speaking of enchantments as win conditions, if you already have the Confinement lock, I suppose there's no danger in dropping to 5 every turn so you can kill them with Form of the Dragon, either.

Hop on deckcheck and look at the lists for Enduring Ideal back when it was in Extended. That should give you some good ideas.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Double Sterling Grove to shut down Grips? But then, the more I think about it, the more this sounds like a bad Enchantress.

Zir
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
He can't use Form since his deck is WUB EDH, meaning Sterling Groves are out of the question as well. How about Greater Auramancy?

scrumdogg
04-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I believe that they frown on using multiples of a card in Elder Dragon Highlander as well.... On topic - are you lusting after a win condition that has to be fetched via the Ideal or are you willing to listen to reason on good WUB non-enchantment win-cons?

Peter_Rotten
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I believe that they frown on using multiples of a card in Elder Dragon Highlander as well.... On topic - are you lusting after a win condition that has to be fetched via the Ideal or are you willing to listen to reason on good WUB non-enchantment win-cons?

I'll listen to reason.

Pinder
04-11-2009, 06:46 PM
He can't use Form since his deck is WUB EDH,

Oh. I completely missed that. I guess that means Honden of Infinite Rage is out, too.

Any particular reason t stay in just UWB, though? Who is your general, and does it really matter if you're really just trying to get an Ideal off? If you feel like staying in UWB, though, and you're already playing with a whole host of cool enchantments, you might as well run Zur the Enchanter as your general (if you aren't already).

hi-val
04-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Zur's Weirding! It adds a HUGE element to the multiplayer fun and can help protect your goodies from Grips and things. You can add in a lifegain Enchantment like White Honden and kill with Opalesence or something. You can use Meishin, the Mind Cage for a Moat effect.

If I were playing multiplayer Ideal, I'd look to making a deck that was really good at making friends and not being a target. I think Weirding would be really effective in the deck for that reason, since everyone gets to play by committee if they want to. You can also run things like Lilting Refrain for a little counter-power.

Brushwagg
04-11-2009, 07:39 PM
WUB can do some pretty broken stuff with Artifacts. I'd look in that direction.

Jaynel
04-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Paradox Haze for twice the Epic fun!