PDA

View Full Version : Over 9000.dec

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 05:05 PM
The premise of this deck is to win through Mayaels Aria. Using large pumps and heavy mana ramping in an attempt go crazy in a turn with pumps everywhere. White and Black are splashed

The Only Shit That Matters:

x4 Ajani Goldmane
x4 Mayael's Aria
x4 Doubling Season

Other Stuff:

x3 Rampant Growth
x3 Ancestral Knowledge
x4 Birds of Paradise
x3 Llanowar Elves
x4 Tarmogoyf
x4 Enlightened Tutor
x3 Chrome Mox
x2 Swords to Plowshares
x2 Wrath of God

Total: 37

Lands:

x3 Windswept Heath
x3 Wooded Foothills
x2 Flooded Strand

x3 Plateau
x3 Savannah

x3 Plains
x2 Island
x3 Forest
x3 Mountain

Total: 65

Ideal Play:

Fetch out a green, drop Birds, chrome mox, remove a white, tutor an aria/doubling season: whatever i dont got..
Play a red/fetch it, play aria.
Fetch/play a (whatever), play doubling season.
Play ajani, avatar, gg.

-----------------------

Take out the Savannah/Plateau? I like them because it supplies the white mana I need for Aria. Maybe add in more fetches?

I also realize that FoW/Counterspell/Daze would murder my deck.

I also won't be able to testrun this unless i can get Alara Reborn to work on MWS, and then figure out how to do online play with the free version >_>.

Halp. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Jaynel
05-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Ajani Goldmane + Mayael's Aria seems better, at least more compact.

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Aria -> Ajani, will be turn 7 by the time I can Avatar -> i taken ?? damage. Maybe I would win, maybe not.

Both ways are completely viable.

I also can't tutor Ajani.

JeroenC
05-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Doubling Season or Clockspinning can speed up Ajani by quite a margin (note: drop Doublin Season before Ajani or it won't work).

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Ajani turn 3(birds).
Doubling season. ajani to 6.
Ajani to 8.
idk.,..

JeroenC
05-02-2009, 07:00 PM
As I said, it doesn't work that way. An effect needs to put the counters there. The counters Ajani places there himself are a cost, not an effect.

Q: What happens if I have Doubling Season and I play a Planeswalker? Does he have double loyalty counters? Does he get (or lose) double counters for his abilities?

A: Doubling Season will double the number of loyalty counters originally placed on the Planeswalker, but will not affect the abilities. This is because they the addition/reduction of counters is a cost, not an effect. (Read Doubling Season carefully).

Jaynel
05-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Look, you need to be at 9 life at the very least when the token triggers Mayael's Aria.

You have your 9/9 Avatar token. Aria triggers and puts a +1/+1 counter on the Avatar token. Your Avatar token now has 10 power, so Aria triggers again and you gain 10 life. Your Avatar token now has 20 power, so Aria triggers again and you win the game.

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Ooh, right. I forgot about Aria's second effect.

So Goldmane is better than LoE.

I can drop the pumps and the LoE, along with Worldly Tutor...

Maybe I should play a bit more black and do demonic tutor? Or nix the black?
The main problem I see with Goldmane would be drawing him consistently without getting countered, because I can't get another one of him.

Deck updated.

Anusien
05-02-2009, 07:39 PM
If you can make a 20/20, why not just attack?

jthanatos
05-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Because when aria makes it the 20/20...It has the unexpected byproduct of winning. I am sure he would smash face with it if he could.

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 09:08 PM
It would be a 10/10. And if I attacked, they might have a "remove target attacking creature from the game" card. Or some shit like Fight to the Death. Better to hedge my bets.

Tested in solo mode on MWS. I can't pull Ajani fast enough.

My mana is insane. Between Aria and Enlightened, I'm able to grab Aria and drop it by turn 2/3. Play Ajani, and two turns later its game. The issue is getting Ajani, and when I get him, I have problems pulling the Aria.

Doubling Season is really nonessential, but its nice to have once I drop the Avatar, because I drop two Avatars.

Any ideas on how to pull Ajani faster?

The_Red_Panda
05-02-2009, 09:14 PM
they might have a "remove target attacking creature from the game" card

I heard those see a lot of play in legacy.

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I heard those see a lot of play in legacy.

I know...you never know what retarded deck theyll be playing.

Anusien
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
It would be a 10/10. And if I attacked, they might have a "remove target attacking creature from the game" card. Or some shit like Fight to the Death. Better to hedge my bets.
So you can beat StP but not Condemn? Nice. Deck.

P.s., isn't fling better? And would Psychatog grow faster than Ajani tokens?

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Fling would work well, but I don't see how Psychatog would grow faster.

jthanatos
05-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm confused, don't you win as soon as the avatar is at least 10/10 at the beginning of an upkeep (9/9 with doubling season). Seems like fling could be better spent with tutors to get the combo pieces.

Disclaimer: I may be very dumb.

xTrainx
05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
He's saying run fling over Mayael's Aria. Just drop the fatass and fling him.

Idk...

Steveman
05-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Wall of Blood ftw?