1 [OD] Divine Sacrament
1 [MI] Enlightened Tutor
1 [RAV] Faith's Fetters
1 [US] Glorious Anthem
1 [LG] Land Tax
1 [MR] Lightning Greaves
1 [ALA] Sigil of Distinction
1 [DS] Skullclamp

Pretty self-explanatory. Play Isamaru turn one and bash face as quick as you can. Lots of equipment and Crusade effects make every creature you play dangerous. The deck is incredibly consistent; it usually plays at least one spell or creature every turn for the first four or five turns and usually kills by turn 6 or 7.

Any suggestions?

Roman Candle
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Day of Destiny would be pretty neat here.

Also, I'm unsure of the rule on hybrids, but if you can play the white Lieges from Shadowmoor, those might warrant a look too.

EDIT: Fortify and Temporal Isolation are probably worth looking at as well.

leander?
05-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Also, I'm unsure of the rule on hybrids, but if you can play the white Lieges from Shadowmoor, those might warrant a look too.
You can't, unfortunately.

Loxodon Baileyarch
05-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Good 1v1 general. People just scoop sometimes lol.

memnarch
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
With all the legendaryness I almost want to see Reki, the History of Kamigawa, but sadly its green.

Kuma
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Day of Destiny would be pretty neat here.

Eh, I'm only running six legendary creatures. I'd rather run stuff that pumps all my guys.

Fortify and Temporal Isolation are probably worth looking at as well.

I strongly considered Fortify, but decided against it because the Crusade effects end up doing more damage over the course of the game. They're way better in multiplayer too, even though this is designed as a one vs. one deck. As for Temporal Isolation, I'd run it except that I run shadow creatures.

nix
05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
order of the white shield might be good, i see you are running the flying version of it already.

THEchubbymuffin
05-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Why no humility? Equipment and having more creatures than opponent seem good. And most of your creatures don't have the best of abilities.

Elfrago
05-09-2009, 03:23 AM
With all those snow covered lands Scrying Sheets looks good.
And so does that 3/4 artifact thing that does not untap unless you pay 1 colorless and 1 snow.

Kuma
05-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Why no humility? Equipment and having more creatures than opponent seem good. And most of your creatures don't have the best of abilities.

That's a good point. One of my friends suggested it last night. Would Humility keep my creatures at 1/1 even with a Crusade out?

With all those snow covered lands Scrying Sheets looks good.
And so does that 3/4 artifact thing that does not untap unless you pay 1 colorless and 1 snow.

Scrying Sheets might be good. However, I have a lot of WW costs and I'm not a control deck. I don't usually have lots of spare mana to use Scrying Sheets.

Phyrexian Ironfoot is bad. I'd rather run Razor Golem.

I made a few changes: -1 Lantern Kami, -1 Ranger of Eos, +1 Steelshaper's Gift, +1 Bonesplitter.

freakish777
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Here's some ideas:

Winter Orb
Hokori, Dust Drinker
Cataclysm

Ancient Tomb
Ankh of Mishra
Catastrophe (Geddon at 6 is still ok)
Mass Calcify (not sure you ever want to hit 7 mana, but...)
Retribution of the Meek (make sure your guys don't get blocked by bigger dudes)

Multiplayer ideas:

Righteous Fury
Play with Hokori, Dust Drinker as your general instead.

EDIT:

Strip Mine
Wasteland
Dustbowl
Thorn of Amethyst

Zach Tartell
05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
EDH says non-actual basic lands can't be played in multiples.

So the snow engine is out.

Jak
05-09-2009, 02:28 PM
EDH says non-actual basic lands can't be played in multiples.

So the snow engine is out.

But Snow Lands are basic.

With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same english name.

http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~geduggan/EDH_rules.html

Zach Tartell
05-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm against that, at least. It goes against the spirit of highlander.

Also, if snow-lands are basic, why can't you play them in standard (now)?

(Lawyered!)

Pinder
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Also, if snow-lands are basic, why can't you play them in standard (now)?

Actually, it's not because they're not basic, or because they are snow, it's because they weren't printed in Tenth, Lorwyn, or Alara Block. Why do you think every big set comes with new basic lands?

Now, as far as I know everything in Ice Age block is legal in EDH, with the possible exception of specific cards, so Snow Basics are legal to play in EDH, and they are basic lands, so clearly you can play as many as you want.

Basically, them not being legal in Standard is for a completely different reason then the one you're trying to make for them not being legal in multiples in EDH.

(Double Lawyered!)

Zach Tartell
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Actually, it's not because they're not basic, or because they are snow, it's because they weren't printed in Tenth, Lorwyn, or Alara Block. Why do you think every big set comes with new basic lands?

Now, as far as I know everything in Ice Age block is legal in EDH, with the possible exception of specific cards, so Snow Basics are legal to play in EDH, and they are basic lands, so clearly you can play as many as you want.

Basically, them not being legal in Standard is for a completely different reason then the one you're trying to make for them not being legal in multiples in EDH.

(Double Lawyered!)

I still say that it's against the spirit of highlanderness. Still... I submit to your lawyering. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG93ro7mFOk)

Kuma
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Winter Orb

Good call. I'm definitely going to fit it in here somehow.

Hokori, Dust Drinker

Already got him.

Cataclysm

It was one of the last cards I cut from the deck, but it should really be in here. The reasons I cut it were because my opponent's average creature is bigger than my average creature, and there's an Orzhov deck and a Sharuum deck that would be able to take advantage of it. But the more I think about it, the more I think you're right.

Ancient Tomb

Too many :w: :w:, not enough :2:

Ankh of Mishra

Seems like it's worth considering

Catastrophe (Geddon at 6 is still ok)

This was another one of the last cuts. Yeah, it's okay, but needing six mana gives them a lot more time to play nasty cards. On the bright side it doubles as a Wrath. I'll reconsider it.

Mass Calcify (not sure you ever want to hit 7 mana, but...)

People are usually dead or dying by turn seven. I'm not convinced I need it. Maybe after I get a better feel for how the deck plays.

Retribution of the Meek (make sure your guys don't get blocked by bigger dudes)

I ran it, but I realized that with all the Crusade effects I would often be killing my own creatures too.

Multiplayer ideas: Play with Hokori, Dust Drinker as your general instead.

Seems like a good idea. Although I could see him bringing my opponent's wrath upon me.

Strip Mine
Wasteland
Dustbowl
Thorn of Amethyst

I could go with a midgame mana denial strategy. The problem is that I need so much white mana. Maybe I'll give it a shot after I play the deck some more.

Carabas
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
That's a good point. One of my friends suggested it last night. Would Humility keep my creatures at 1/1 even with a Crusade out?

Nope. They'd get bigger.

Shawon
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Brainstorming:

Knight of the White Orchid
Sunscour
Gaze of Justice
Reciprocate
Skyhunter Skirmisher
Karakas

J.V.
05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Brainstorming:
Karakas

Banned for good reasons.

Zach Tartell
05-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned for good reasons.

I never really understood why the banned it. It already couldn't target Generals. What, is it gonna ruin the play of your savage Captain Sisay deck?

Kuma
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
I never really understood why the banned it. It already couldn't target Generals. What, is it gonna ruin the play of your savage Captain Sisay deck?

Probably so they didn't have to have a special rule for it. Easier to just ban the card. Not saying I agree with that reasoning, but that's my guess.

Carabas
05-15-2009, 06:45 PM
They got rid of all format-specific erratas, which meant they banned some cards, like Karakas. Easier to just say 'No' than to have to remember extra rules for certain cards.