Tolarian Academy
Tolaria West
Dreadship Reef
Island
Swamp
Mountain
Snow-Covered Island
Snow-Covered Swamp

Basically, you combo out with Sedris/Goryo's Vengeance/Makeshift Mannequin at EOT+Niv Mizzet+Curiosity/Ophidian Eye. The amount of tutors in the deck is staggering, but it allows me to find the combo consistently.

Raindown
05-12-2009, 01:30 AM
What up with all the EDH decks recently, is it EDH season or something. I have not seen this played at my local shops but looks fun.

Jeff Kruchkow
05-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Be careful who you play against. I know of several play groups that have "banned" the Niv Mizzet combo because it takes away from EDH being a fun format.

Zach Tartell
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Be careful who you play against. I know of several play groups that have "banned" the Niv Mizzet combo because it takes away from EDH being a fun format.

If your playgroup is so underpowered as to ban a two card combo that requires a shroud-less creature that costs a million mana (or ridiculously circuitous shenanigans that take forever with lots of set up) and a shroud-less enchantment and is pulled off at sorcery speed, I'd say you folks need to turn the suck down.

There is a difference between a complete combo deck (like Adam's wizard deck or Bryant's old pile) and a control deck with a combo like this. If somebody Palinchron/Stroke'd you out, would you be pissed? No. Also, Stroke isn't worthless by itself. And Palinchron is amazing for making infinite mana with storage lands is fairly sweet.

Jeff Kruchkow
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
If your playgroup is so underpowered as to ban a two card combo that requires a shroud-less creature that costs a million mana (or ridiculously circuitous shenanigans that take forever with lots of set up) and a shroud-less enchantment and is pulled off at sorcery speed, I'd say you folks need to turn the suck down.

There is a difference between a complete combo deck (like Adam's wizard deck or Bryant's old pile) and a control deck with a combo like this. If somebody Palinchron/Stroke'd you out, would you be pissed? No. Also, Stroke isn't worthless by itself. And Palinchron is amazing for making infinite mana with storage lands is fairly sweet.

Its more an issue with Niv as a general than just having the combo decked. And having a repeatable creature in a control shell that needs 1 card to combo you out is really good.

Loxodon Baileyarch
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah i play Niv Mizzet as my general and my friends don't like my deck. And i go infinite turns with Beacon of Tomorrows and Planar Portal. Yeah...

Roman Candle
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM

Agreed, although to be fair, I CAN go off at instant speed with Goryo's, and Ophidian Eye.

So, is your general opinion that the deck is unplayable? I'm just curious, I don't know much about EDH, but I've been having a lot of fun with this build. I like the combo shell and the random I-Win Factor of the combo with so many tutors.

Jeff Kruchkow
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Agreed, although to be fair, I CAN go off at instant speed with Goryo's, and Ophidian Eye.

So, is your general opinion that the deck is unplayable? I'm just curious, I don't know much about EDH, but I've been having a lot of fun with this build. I like the combo shell and the random I-Win Factor of the combo with so many tutors.

I think it looks pretty good i'm just saying that you should make sure your play group is cool so that you don't make it only to have no one wanna play it.
Also, since Niv isn't the general, it seems more fair.

Nightmare
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
You haven't played EDH until you've won (or lost) by means of Mindslaver + Yomiji, Who Bars the Way.

Pastorofmuppets
12-10-2009, 08:49 PM
MY EDH Sedris (though a bit more budget than this) runs Minion Reflector. It works great with all the 187 creatures in the deck, and the cheap reanimation. I've had turns that went a little like: Evoke Mulldrifter, activate Reflector, draw 4. Unearth 'Drifter, activate Reflector, draw 4 more. That's 8 cards for 1, with a 6 damage punch to sweeten the deal.