PDA

View Full Version : [Report] E!NLTESBURW2k9 takes 10th at Eli's Lotus Event

Bryant Cook
05-31-2009, 07:43 PM
https://theepicstorm.com/elis-lotus-event-05-31-2009-10th-place

The Pharmacist
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Good job at the tournament. Your reports as always are fun to read.

J.V.
05-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Congrats Bryant! The list looks really solid.

Brushwagg
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Ponder into LED, LED, Wish

This is what I'm talking about.....................CHEATER.

Congrats on the finish!

Michael Keller
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice work Bryant.

Citrus-God
06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Congratz on the finish. Grim Tutor is quite a prize.

New list looks bad ass. But it doesn't seem like you've EtW at all during the tournament. Have you had thoughts about cutting it?

spiderfreak
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Congratz on the finish.

Jim Higginbottom
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm the high bid on the grim tutor. :)

b4r0n
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Game Two: I Duress him early taking a Chant. He plays a Runed Halo on Tendrils(I sided out Chain). We get under the same situation with Standstill this time I have 7 lands. Although he's beaten me down to 13. I endstep tap 5, cast Ad Nauseum, Pyroblast his Counter, he counters. I untap, Duress, Chant, Ad Nauseum (8 Life). I flipped...Lion's Eye Diamond, Burning Wish, Lotus Petal, Chrome Mox, Land, land, Rite of Flame, Burning Wish...Stop at 3. I tap my City of Brasses and go to 1, play Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Burning Wish, Ill-Gotten Gains, getting back Burning Wish, Rite of Flame, Lion's Eye Diamond. I get Ill-Gotten Gains again, this time getting back Infernal (Discarded under Standstill), Rite of Flame, Lion's Eye Diamond. Cast Lion's Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame, Infernal Tutor (Break LED for RRR), get Burning Wish. Wish -> Grapeshot for 19.

That is awesome.

Congrats on the finish. I like the list a lot.

TrialByFire
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Bryant's match vs Nick in the Top 16 final was my highlight of the night. Watching the match was enough, but having Gearheart, Nightmare, Di, Jesse Hatfield and others with match commentary was Epic. Literally. Bryant calling Nick's Brainstorming into Force, blue card was funny as hell and prompted the high five from Gearheart with the comment "Thats just what the deck does" after he topdecks Tombstalker the next turn to win game 1. Then during the intermission, Nightmare comes over and goes off on a tangent about Painter vs TES and how EPIC shaped the format and shit, was funny as hell.

Absolutely worth the 4 hour drive from CT even though I scrubbed.

EDIT: Best part of the whole match is when Bryant practically screams keep looking at his 4 City of Brass hand in game two, which Nick responds to by killing all four of them with 3 Sinkhole and a Wasteland

EDIT2: Disregard above. The real best part of the match was after Adam was done talking about Painter, he tells Bryant that he should announce every card he plays in an announcers voice or something cool like that. Then Jesse goes "Yeah you could be like 'I tap my foil japanese City of Brass and take 1 foil japanese point of damage to play a foil japanese Orim's Chant targeting you.'" Hahahahahaha So awesome

Nightmare
06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Bryant's match vs Nick in the Top 16 final was my highlight of the night. Watching the match was enough, but having Gearheart, Nightmare, Di and others with match commentary was Epic. Literally. Bryant calling Nick's Brainstorming into Force, blue card was funny as hell and prompted the high five from Gearheart with the comment "Thats just what the deck does" after he topdecks Tombstalker the next turn to win game 1. Then during the intermission, Nightmare comes over and goes off on a tangent about Painter vs TES and how EPIC shaped the format and shit, was funny as hell.

Absolutely worth the 4 hour drive from CT even though I scrubbed.

Man, was I fucked up by then. Still, watching that EPIC Painter vs. TES match was awesome. It was like two dudes I didn't know playing at my dining room table, with less pimp cards.

rockout
06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
You didn't mention in top 4 against merfolk that you Ad Nauseam'd with a vendilion clique trigger on the stack and he put lions eye diamond on the bottom and you drew another one. If Pat played clique before you drew your dark ritual that you mystical tutored for he probably would have won. You didn't have the mana to cast nauseam otherwise.

Congrats on the finish regardless.