PDA

View Full Version : Unblockable Ninja Deck- NEED IDEAS

tk3072
06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for this deck I am making. It is a blue and green unblockable ninja deck. I have the cards in here because most are cheap and I can play them pretty fast or hope to play them fast. Below is an idea I have started with and would like any help I could get with making this deck pretty good. Thanks
Main Deck

Creatures
4 Jhessian Infiltrator
2 Inkfathom Infiltrator
2 Mistblade Shinobi
2 Ninja of the Deep Hours
4 Llanowar Elves

Enchantments
2 Cloak of Mists
4 Favor of the Overbeing

Instants/Sorceries
4 Brainstorm
4 Giant Growth
2 Kadoma’s Might
4 Magnify
4 Might of Old Krosa
2 Scent of Ivy

Lands
10 Island
10 Forest

Sideboard
2 Deep-Sea Kraken
2 Mistblade Shinobi
2 Inkfathom Infiltrator
1 Ninja of the Deep Hours
2 Cloak of Mists
2 Wild Might
2 Scent of Ivy
2 Kadoma’s Might

Elfrago
06-28-2009, 02:49 AM
There was a Ninja extended deck in the past season. Maybe you can get some inspiration from that.

syssc9
06-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Rancor? Berserk?

Cenarius
06-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Bit cliché: Goyf?

I think it won't work however I wish you the best of luck.

Otter
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I think you should play 4 Deep Hours, he's just so awesome. Some other ideas:

Standstill -- Awesome when you can Ninja guys in under it

Cloud of Faeries -- Free dude with evasion, what more is there to want? Also, t2 Cloud-> Standstill into t3 ninja for Deep Hours is a pretty awesome start

Curiosity/Keen Sense -- Fun with evasive dudes

Blinkmoth Nexus/Faerie Conclave -- More evasive stuff to ninja with, also good with Standstill if you should choose to use it

Rancor/Briar Shield -- Better than Magnify

Sigil of Sleep -- Can pseudo-lock someone's creatures out of the game if you get it on a guy with evasion, fun times

grahf
07-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Here's the problem I had the last time I built a casual ninja deck: OK, your unblockable guy attacks, you do the ninjitsu switch, now you have a ninja on the board. This probably happens turn 3, and if your opponent is actually playing magic he'll throw down a creature larger than your ninja. Now the ninja won't get through to do his cool thing anymore, and you want him back in your hand anyway. What to do?

Well there is a card I found that sorta solves this: Veil of Secrecy. You'll see that this forces you into an Arcane subtheme, which has very few worthwhile cards, and so I was playing Eye of Nowhere to keep the board clean(ish).

Of course, I wasn't playing green pump, so that may solve some problems. But Rancor and Cloud of Faeries are both very good suggestions. Especially Cloud, you'll find that ninjitsu costs are very mana intensive in the first few turns, so they help a ton.

jjjoness'
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I used to play mono blue ninjas for a while, and while it wasn't a really good deck it was a lot of fun and had some cool tricks. I used Ornithopter to cheat my ninja's in play asap which was quite cool with Mistblade Shinobi.