PDA

View Full Version : [Fun] UBR Control

Raptor
08-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Hello guys, my friend and I decided to build a deck with some restrictions.
Here they are :
-Each cards can only be 1 of, except basic land
-Minimum of 75cards in the deck
-All cards must be legacy legal
-Each cards CAN'T cost more then 2,50$ on starcitygames

So I've built the non-basic manabase
Terramorphic Expanse
Grixis Panorama
Arcane Sanctum
Crumbling Necropolis
Savage Lands
Crosis's Catacombs
Dimir Aqueduct
Izzet Boilerworks
Rakdos Carnarium
Salt Marsh
Urborg Volcano

--- I've also found some interesting countermagic.
Draining Whelk
Overwhelming Intellect
Dream Fracture
Condescend
Convolute
Muddle the Mixture
Mana Leak
Hinder
Force spike
Faerie Trickery
Counterspell
Dismiss
Cancel
Memory Lapse
Remand
Forbid
Spelljack
Dissipate
Delay
Power Sink
perplex
Swerve

I've found some draw spells.
Cruel Ultimatum
Brainstorm
Ponder
Impulse
Opportunity
Serum Vision
Mulldrifter
Diabolic tutor
Diabolic Vision
Drastic Revelation

And some utility cards :
Crosis's Charm
Jhoira of the Ghitu ---> If I want to summon my big guys faster, without paying too much mana
Grixis Charm
Izzet Chronarch
Mundungu
Infest
Pyroclasm
Fire / Ice

Here are some beaters :
Anathemancer
Thraximundar
Dimir Doppelganger
Moroii

But I need help for my beaters/utility cards, and helping my mana curve a bit, and maybe some board removal to help me survive until late game.

Thanks a lot.

LostButSeeking
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
It sounds like you want to build an EDH deck. In the case of EDH decks, I strongly recommend that you play as much mana acceleration as possible. The signets (Rakdos, Dimir and Izzet) are always useful, as well as Coalition Relic and Coldsteel Heart and Darksteel Ingot.

Edit: There's even a Thraximundar EDH deck on this page. You should take a look, although Sedris, the Traitor King might be a more powerful choice.

Raptor
08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
It sounds like you want to build an EDH deck. In the case of EDH decks, I strongly recommend that you play as much mana acceleration as possible. The signets (Rakdos, Dimir and Izzet) are always useful, as well as Coalition Relic and Coldsteel Heart and Darksteel Ingot.

Edit: There's even a Thraximundar EDH deck on this page. You should take a look, although Sedris, the Traitor King might be a more powerful choice.

Thanks for the advices for the mana acceleration !
Now, I will have to find some beaters and board removal.
By the way, it's not really EDH, because we will play like normal magic (no general, start with 20 life.. )

LostButSeeking
08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the advices for the mana acceleration !
Now, I will have to find some beaters and board removal.
By the way, it's not really EDH, because we will play like normal magic (no general, start with 20 life.. )

I just meant that that's what it looks like. Singleton principles will still apply. For board sweepers, you probably want Nevinyrral's disk, Damnation, and oblivion stone at least. Kagemaro, First to Suffer is both a beater and a sweeper. All of my EDH decks have Loxodon Warhammer in them, as they turn every creature into a threat. I've also discovered the joys of Aeon Chronicler there, as it functions as a card drawer and a beater. Blood Tyrant and Thraximundar are serious beatsticks.