PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

Di
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I wanted to build a good deck that could handle all the aggro decks that are popping up while being good in multiplayer and I figured monowhite control was a great idea. Indestructable generals insane especially with so many sweepers, so here's my draft list:

Last updated 8/17/09

Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

Ajani Goldmane
Elspeth, Knight Errant

Adarkar Valkarie
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Ancestor's Chosen
Baneslayer Angel
Battlegrace Angel
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Dawn Elemental
Eternal Dragon
Exalted Angel
Solemn Simulacrum
Twilight Shepherd
Yosei, the Morning Star

Swords to Plowshares
Exile
Path to Exile
Condemn
Wing Shards
Faith's Fetters
Wrath of God
Rout
Final Judgement
Hallowed Burial
Mass Calcify
Planar Cleansing
Sunscour
Austere Command
Akroma's Vengeance
Aura of Silence
Disenchant
Return to Dust
Seal of Cleansing

Decree of Justice
Enlightened Tutor
Ancestral Tribute
Beacon of Immortality
Invicible Hymn
Pulse of the Fields
Shining Shoal
Sensei's Divining Top
Darksteel Pendant
Crucible of Worlds
Mobilization
Story Circle
Humility
Ghostly Prison
Moat
Porphyry Nodes
Oblivion Ring

Sol Ring
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Extraplanar Lens
Darksteel Ingot
Coalition Relic
Gilded Lotus
Mind Stone
Gauntlet of Power
Thran Dynamo
Pearl Medallion

Ancient Tomb
Nomad Stadium
Wasteland
Strip Mine
Secluded Steppe
Kor Haven
Flagstones of Trokair
Scrying Sheets
New Benalia
Mistveil Plains
28 Snow-covered Plains

I don't know the color white very well so I might
be missing some good stuff. The only glaring omission I have is Kjeldoran Outpost which I cut because I disliked sacrificing a Plains. Otherwise idk.

Any glaring absences? Comments? Suggestions? I feel like this deck will be an absolute house.

Roman Candle
08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Have you considered Devouring Light or Judge Unworthy in place of Crib Swap?

Di
08-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Devouring Light is already in the list, and I ended up cutting Judge Unworthy due to lack of room, but it could still find its way back into the deck. I like Crib Swap better though because it's an additional removal to kill utility creatures and such that won't be entering combat.

Hunter245
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Some suggestions and cards I think should be cut

Duplicant-Don't every underestimate this guy.

2-3 Geddon Effects ( Armegeddon, Ravages of War, Catastrophe->Favorite), along with adding Darksteel citadel.

Some lands I'm never unhappy with Mouth of ronom, temple of false gods, ,vesuva, Maze of ith,

Relic/Crypt, Should be in your list because of the graveyard shenanigans that you will see. If there are none in your group i still would run relic.

Invincible Hymn really after playing with it one or too times, you feel like you want to cast it early, but you only benefit once your at >20 life.

Return to dust would be better then abolish.

Shining Shoal was a card that never worked for me in edh, But its a personal preference.

Purify would be better as just another board sweep such as planar cleansing

After looking at your list, your running way too many wrath effects/removal
Some of the weaker ones would be: exile, devouring light, crib swap, mass calcify (seems good on paper, but overall when I wanted to wrath it needs to be everything. Its a win-more card, and then a dead one vs another white player. I'm not sure the exact number of wrath effects that are optimal, I'll ask my friend tonight who plays mono white, I'll post more suggestions later but here are cards that you should look at

Some Card suggestions are:
Sundering Titan, Twilight Shepard, , Mox Diamond + Chrome, Mindslaver, Land Tax, Staff of domination, Weathered Wayfarer, purity, memory jar, idylic tutor

Nightmare
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Mistveil Plains.

Adarkar Valkyrie

Endless Horizons

Bryant Cook
08-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Endless Horizons

Might as well add Belcher then.

Nightmare
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Might as well add Belcher then.

Not really. He doesn't only run plains. That idea really only works if all your lands get removed by Horizons.

noob.

heroicraptor
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Darksteel Pendant and Top

Bryant Cook
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Not really. He doesn't only run plains. That idea really only works if all your lands get removed by Horizons.

noob.

Well, it's not instant kill but it will still deal a metric butt-ton of damage.

Jerk.

Nightmare
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Well, it's not instant kill but it will still deal a metric butt-ton of damage.

Jerk.

Or three. Depending on where all of those non-plains cards are in the deck. It's ok dude, he doesn't need to run Belcher.

Koby
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Pristine Angel is really nice as she can't be Duplicated, and can play both offense and defense (limitedly).

Crovax the Ascendant, tricky to kill and destroys token decks. Also pumps your (small) team.

Mobilization can also get out of hand pretty fast (especially with Mana Flare effects).

Di
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
@ Hunter245

Duplicant can easily find its way in the list once I trim some things down. It was on my list of considerations.

I can't run the land destruction spells because I'm a big mana control deck and require a lot of lands in play. Having my lands destroyed really hurts the deck.

For utility lands, I cut Mouth of Ronom because I was tired of it not adding white. Same goes for the others not included.

Invincible Hymn is nuts regardless, It'll always put you over 50-60 life.

Agreed on Return to Dust, that change will likely be made. Also agreed on Purify, for another mana I might as well wipe out everything else as well.

As far as my high number of sweepers go, this is solely for multiplayer (3+ people) and my entire metagame is creature-based decks. I basically want as many as I can have, but my spot removal count can easily be changed.

Twilight Shepherd is also pretty good, I'll be looking into that too.

@ Adam

Mistveil Plains is in the deck; somehow I didn't list it.

Adarkar Valkarie is awesome, that's making its way in here.

Endless Horizons was in my original list, but I didn't like the idea of having it destroyed after removing a bunch of land to it. I run enough lands that I shouldn't miss any land drops for the first 4-5 turns, so I'm not worried about it. It's the same reason why I cut the Land Tax engine as well.

@heroicraptor

Top is already in the deck, but Pendant could be playable as well.

@rukcus

Pristine Angel and Crovax were in the original list but got cut due to space. Both can easily find its way back in. Mobilization is already in the deck.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Aggro_zombies
08-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Windborn Muse is pretty good as an extra Ghostly Prison that can occasionally turn sideways. Luminous Angel is also decent since it's a quasi-Bitterblossom.

Martyr of Sands is a kick in the nuts to aggro decks, and if you want to get especially mean you can run it in conjunction with Kami of False Hope and Proclamation of Rebirth. However, Proclamation really wants lots of expendable dudes to target, and Martyr and Kami by themselves aren't that impressive.

There's also the white Myojin, but I don't think you necessarily need more sweepers.

Reito Lantern? Can be good if the game goes long, which it probably will in multiplayer.

Are you just using Konda for indestructibility? If so, some of the best anti-aggro decks I've seen have actually been Oros, the Avenger decks. That guy is a fucking beast against all sorts of things.

Jeff Kruchkow
08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Planar Cleansing?

Di
08-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Windborn Muse is pretty good as an extra Ghostly Prison that can occasionally turn sideways. Luminous Angel is also decent since it's a quasi-Bitterblossom.

Martyr of Sands is a kick in the nuts to aggro decks, and if you want to get especially mean you can run it in conjunction with Kami of False Hope and Proclamation of Rebirth. However, Proclamation really wants lots of expendable dudes to target, and Martyr and Kami by themselves aren't that impressive.

There's also the white Myojin, but I don't think you necessarily need more sweepers.

Reito Lantern? Can be good if the game goes long, which it probably will in multiplayer.

Are you just using Konda for indestructibility? If so, some of the best anti-aggro decks I've seen have actually been Oros, the Avenger decks. That guy is a fucking beast against all sorts of things.

Myojin is a bit redundant so I opted not to include it, but all those others, especially Martyr of Sands are interesting.

I'm also using Konda pretty much due to indestructibility. That, and it's huge. I also chose Konda because I wanted I have an affinity towards mono-color decks in EDH.

Aggro_zombies
08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm also using Konda pretty much due to indestructibility. That, and it's huge. I also chose Konda because I wanted I have an affinity towards mono-color decks in EDH.
Konda is only a 3/3 on the offensive unless the opponent blocks it, and then it doesn't trample. I could see it being good on the defensive, but still...

Di
08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Do you really believe this of all decks cares about how much damage the general deals at a time? It's a pure control deck; I'm not in any hurry to win the game, especially with my general. Either they're going to take 3 general damage, or they're going to lose a creature blocking it. Not to mention it'll still be able to block and kill something next turn, or survive my Wrath of God.

Besides, nearly all of the other creatures in the deck are huge to make up for Konda's lack of offensive, so it's not a concern of mine.

Miss_Serra
08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
I run mono white, and have been doing an ok job at it for a few months now...

I have always liked the simple spectral procession and windbrisk heights
I always run 4 soul wardens and 4 paths but you should think about adding recumbent bliss I love them personally.

Miss_Serra
08-18-2009, 03:10 AM
sorry to double post but I almost forgot...

if your running endless horizons I always run 10 extra land and pull 15 or 20 using the cards ability to beable to still fully operate should the card be "exiled"

and if your running mono-white control sniff out a few voice of alls

awesome in a hard hitting mono white control deck

Aggro_zombies
08-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Do you really believe this of all decks cares about how much damage the general deals at a time? It's a pure control deck; I'm not in any hurry to win the game, especially with my general. Either they're going to take 3 general damage, or they're going to lose a creature blocking it. Not to mention it'll still be able to block and kill something next turn, or survive my Wrath of God.

Besides, nearly all of the other creatures in the deck are huge to make up for Konda's lack of offensive, so it's not a concern of mine.
Hmm, I suppose. I guess I'm just spoiled by Oona combo kills.

One other thing that crossed my mind as being potentially useful: Weathered Wayfarer.

Jak
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Worldslayer seems awesome with an indestructible general.

Jason
08-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I've always found Stonecloaker to be nuts in EDH. Sure the damage on the stack bounce tricks have went away with M10, but that's not its most relevant ability in this format. The fact most EDH graveyard shenanigans is targeted, continuously playing and bouncing Stonecloaker, exiling the recursion target, is a must-answer for a lot of decks

xXxBretWeedxXx
08-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I feel like Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascedant would be a better general for your deck.