PDA

View Full Version : Tier 5000 Combo Decks

overseer1234
08-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Well, since I like playing crappy combo decks in casual I started wondering which other Budget combo decks there are.

Currently I've got:
Null Profusion combo
3 Second sunrise combo decks
2 warp world decks
Krark Clan Ironworks combo deck

Decklist's are really apreciated.

Also a little guide of how to play them would be nice.

Wargoos
08-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Ashnod's Altar + 2 Myr Retriever + Disciple of the Vault...

Windux
08-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Fluctuator:
4 Fluctuator
1 Hauting Misery
1 Pact of Negation
1 Dark Ritual
1 Song of the Damned / 1 Dark Ritual (Ritual will do the same and early acceleration)
4 Miscalculation

24 Creature with Cycle

4 Each Cycle Land from Urza (also the colorless ones)

Simple ;)

the resurrection
08-16-2009, 09:15 AM
1. KCI (Myr Incubator)
2. Stasis ?
3. Sands of Time + Equipoise DECK
4 Fruity Pebbles ( Goblin Bombardment + Enduring Renewal )
5. Illusions of Grandeur + Donate DECK
6 Food Chain ?
7. Helm + Leyline DECK
8. 1st combo Deck: Prosperous Bloom(Cadaverous Bloom//Natural Balance//Squandered Resources//etc...)
9 Kobold Storm
10 Enduring Ideal

Nantuko88
08-16-2009, 09:25 AM
What's a Helm + Leyline Deck?

Also, we have forgotten about old school Replenish.dec!

overseer1234
08-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice, someone got some decklists to go with those (especially the Prosbloom deck)

FoolofaTook
08-16-2009, 10:22 AM
What's a Helm + Leyline Deck?

Also, we have forgotten about old school Replenish.dec!

Helm of Obedience puts X cards in the graveyard or puts cards in until a creature is is put in the graveyard at which point the creature comes into play for you and Helm goes to the graveyard.

Leylines of the Void prevents cards from being put in your graveyard, exiling them instead. The combo means one activation is mill the opponent's entire deck out.

This is slower than Painter/Grindstone, however it has the advantage of being able to run black for discard and of course it runs main deck Leylines which occasionally win games for you outright at the start.

Brad Herbig
08-16-2009, 11:22 AM
One of my favorites from the Kamigawa/Ravnica days was Izzet Spike:

The Combo
4 Lava Spike
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Izzet Guildmage

Tutors:
4 Muddle the Mixture
4 Dizzy Spell

Other:
4 Remand
4 Telling Time
4 Mana Leak
4 Gigadrowse

Lands

You need 6 mana to go off if the Guildmage is in play (you can also splice Desperate Rituals on each other for extra mana). What you do is you play Lava Spike with Desperate Ritual spliced onto it (3 mana) and then pay 3 mana to copy the Lava Spike using Izzet Guildmage. The copy resolves, you get 3 more mana, and you continue to copy leaving the original spell on the stack until you kill them. :) Janky as hell, but fun all the same.

the resurrection
08-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Nice, someone got some decklists to go with those (especially the Prosbloom deck)

This is the old Mirage-Visions (Block) build.

UTILITY (18)
4 Infernal Contract
4 Impulse
4 Vampiric Tutor ( Infernal Tutor ?)
1 Three Wishes
2 Memory Lapse
1 Power Sink
1 Elven Cache
1 Emerald Charm

COMBO (17)
4 Cadaverous Bloom
4 Natural Balance
4 Squandered Resources
4 Prosperity
1 Drain Life

LAND (25)
4 Undiscovered Paradise
3 Bad River
7 Forest
6 Swamp
5 Island

chokin
08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Tooth and Nail or 8Post are kinda in this area. Natural Order is a lot better than Tooth, and 8Post is pretty slow.

LostButSeeking
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Tooth and Nail or 8Post are kinda in this area. Natural Order is a lot better than Tooth, and 8Post is pretty slow.

8Post is sexy as all getout in multiplayer. You're just sitting there, fogging, playing sakura tribe-elders and ramping mana . . . and then BAM slaver lock, or 15/15 wurm tokens coming out every turn, with buyback counterspell back-up. My new tech for my eightpost list is a single plains (lots of land search) and then play dawnglow infusion. Gain 100 life with one sell is pretty sexy.

Hmm, not that 8post is really a combo deck per se . . .

Here, I'll add another good multiplayer combo so my post is on-topic.

I had a deck that ran two combos in it. One was the ubiquitous March of the Machines and mycosynth lattice combo to destroy all of my opponents' lands. The other one was March of the Machines + Thran Dynamo (gilded lotus would also work) + voltaic construct for infinite mana. I usually pumped it into myr matrix, but the dump can be up to you.

Malchar
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Zur's Weirding + Words of Worship + Eternal Dragon (win condition)

Use Zur's Weirding to prevent your opponent from drawing cards. On your turn, use Words of Worship to replace some of your draw to gain life to make up for the life spent on Zur's Weirding.

The rest of the deck should contain things like Wrath of God and counterspells. This is also a great opportunity to use some otherwise horrible cards like Oblation and Metamorphose. Eternal Dragon is a win condition because even if your opponent uses Zur's Weirding on it, you can return it to your hand. This also works if it somehow dies. Further, you can use plainscycling to get mana quickly early on.

Willoe
08-16-2009, 06:20 PM
The Locket of Yesterdays + Artificer's Intuition list is rather awesome. And rather janky, because it is so fragile. Here is a sample, untested, theoretical sketch:

4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
4 Island
1 Tundra
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Darksteel Citadel

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought

4 Force of Will
4 Stifle
4 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Counterbalance
4 Artificer's Intuition
2 Locket of Yesterdays
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Brain Freeze
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Meekstone
1 Relic of Progenitus

The is Locket of Yesterdays + 2 SDT + Brain Freeze + another SDT in the graveyard. To assemble that combo, Artificer's Intuition is extremely important. As the combo folds to almost any hate (like graveyard hate, countermagic and stifle effects), it's highly unplayable in the current metagame, even though it looks rather cool on the paper since the deck is monoblue and has a Dreadnought as a backup win condition. STP is also splashed to handle dudes, and Meekstone is just a house right now with Goyfs running rampant as always. Additionally, you can gain life if you're in trouble by Swording your own Dreadnought when it comes into play in response to its trigger.

The deck only counts 18 artifacts which is a little low for the A-intuition, and that just makes it even more janky.

Of course, the real Intuition can also be used to grab triple Top if the Closet is in play to start the loop.

Can anyone develop this to competitive level? I think it's impossible, but... :smile:

GenioDeArena
08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
very simple, Pandemonium+Saproling Burst. It used to be called 21.

rufus
08-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Sometimes, it's the engine that makes the combo janky...

GR or BRG Dragonstorm

Thought Lash + Magus of the Future/Future Sight

Experiment Kraj/Quicksilver Elemental + Phyrexian Devourer (Hyalopterous Lemure & Triskelion in the deck for the finish)

Mesmeric Orb + Untap Creatures (Fatestitcher, Aphetto Alchemist, Seeker of Skybreak)

Griffon Canyon + Amoeboid Changeling + Ley Druid

Umbral Mantle + Mana Creature

Rings of Brightearth/Power Artifact + Mana Vault

Shared Fate + Ilose.dec

Scapeshift/Pillar of the Paruns + Mass Mana (Scapeshift -> Vesuvia/Cloudpost is super-janky)

Puca's Mischief + Embargo

Forced Fruition

Maralen of the Mornsong + Mindlock Orb

Relentless Rats combo with and without

Sneak Attack

Dark Ritual
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Helm of Awakening (all spells cost 1 less to play) + Future Sight or magus of the future + Sensei's divining top is hilarious you draw your whole deck and just combo out with something....probably just stroke of genius your opponent after brainfreezing them.

I laugh at that one combo involving protean hulk that was played against my friend...my friend fetches and his opponent responds by fetching, double summoner's pact, getting two spirit guides, tapping his land for red, through the breach protean hulk into play so that it sacks to through the breach. My friend's response to that (verbally) "Did that just fucking happen?" it was pretty funny also because he had daze in hand but couldn't play it because his fetch resolved after through the breach

Esper3k
08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Nevinyraal's Disc + Mycosinth Lattice + Darksteel Forge = fun times in multiplayer!

I also have great nostalgia for the Pemenin's Aura infinite mana combo :)

Atwa
08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
In true casual style:
Sliver Queen + Ashnod's Altar + Heartstone

DrJones
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
The Locket of Yesterdays + Artificer's Intuition list is rather awesome. And rather janky, because it is so fragile. Here is a sample, untested, theoretical sketch:

4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
4 Island
1 Tundra
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Darksteel Citadel

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought

4 Force of Will
4 Stifle
4 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Counterbalance
4 Artificer's Intuition
2 Locket of Yesterdays
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Brain Freeze
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Meekstone
1 Relic of Progenitus

Can anyone develop this to competitive level? I think it's impossible, but... :smile:I think this deck would really benefit from Mishra, Artificer Prodigy. I would give it a try, but I'm wasting my time developing a combo-control deck that plays 8 Nicol Bolas and 2 form of the dragon.

GGoober
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
From my [EDH] Arcum Dagsson deck:

- Mycosynthe Lattice + Darksteel Forge + Nev Disk = one-sided Disk
- Future Sight + SDT = draw 1 card for :1:
- Future Sight + SDT + Etherium Sculptor/Helm of Awakening= draw your deck
- Mind over Matter + SDT = cycle for :1:
- Mind over Matter + SDT + Etherium Sculptor = mill your deck or cycle your deck for :0:
- Mind over Matter + Arcanis = draw your deck
- Karn + Mycosynthe Lattice = :1: Stone Rains
- Power Artifact + Grim Monolith/Basalt Monolith = Infinite coloress
- Filigree Sages + Mycosynthe Lattice + Tolarian Academy = Infinite mana
- Planar Portal + Beacon of tomorrows = Infinite turns
- Memnarch + Infinite mana = gain control of the whole board

That's just the list of more usable combos from my EDH deck. Have fun!

XiaN
09-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Mana Echos + Myr Matrix + Mana Myrs :laugh:

Liked that combo a lot back in the days. You may add Genesis Chamber, Skullclamp ( not anymore :frown: ), Cloud Key, 8 Posts and C.Plating as well.

Pastorofmuppets
09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Staples
1 Ad Nauseam
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
1 Grapeshot

The Swarm
4 Crookshank Kobolds
3 Kobolds of Kher Keep
3 Crimson Kobolds
2 Phyrexian Walker
3 Ornithopter
3 Pact of the Titan

The rest:
4 Rite of Flame
4 Dark Ritual
4 Lotus Petal
1 Infernal Tutor
2 Chrome Mox
1 Mox Diamond
4 Mystical Tutor
1 Angel's Grace

Lands
4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Scrubland
2 Badlands
3 Underground Sea

The Best Worst Deck Ever award goes to...

parallax
09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
One of my favorites from the Kamigawa/Ravnica days was Izzet Spike:

The Combo
4 Lava Spike
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Izzet Guildmage

Tutors:
4 Muddle the Mixture
4 Dizzy Spell

Other:
4 Remand
4 Telling Time
4 Mana Leak
4 Gigadrowse

Lands

You need 6 mana to go off if the Guildmage is in play (you can also splice Desperate Rituals on each other for extra mana). What you do is you play Lava Spike with Desperate Ritual spliced onto it (3 mana) and then pay 3 mana to copy the Lava Spike using Izzet Guildmage. The copy resolves, you get 3 more mana, and you continue to copy leaving the original spell on the stack until you kill them. :) Janky as hell, but fun all the same.

I played this deck in standard, but I ran Ideas Unbound instead of Dizzy Spell, because Muddle the mixture can find it, and you can go off with it until you find Lava Spike.

The combo only takes 7 mana. 2 for the Guildmage. 3 to cast Lava Spike, splicing Desperate Ritual. 2 to cast the Desperate Ritual and activate the Guildmage.

eq.firemind
09-30-2009, 06:42 AM
In fact Izzet Spike can be adapted to casual Legacy.

Izzet Guildmage + Reset + lands to produce :3::u::u: mana (High Tide) = infinite mana.
Every cantrip in your hand can now draws the whole deck, every instant burn is 100500 damage.

I call it The Final Windows OS (you know, reset, reset, reset...):smile:

Tangle.Wire
09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I played to many casual "combo" decks but the decks which bought most fun where:

Tireless Tribe combo
Evoke Foodchain combo
Winterorb/Relic lock
Stasis lock
"Black Jack" aka 21 combo
Nourishing Lich combo

I also love playing casual piles which genereate multifunktional "combos" like Decks with Loam, Traderoutes, Niv Mizzet or something which works also at a glance with other cards.

DerFern
09-30-2009, 06:59 AM
//creatures
4 Blood Pet
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Tinder Wall
4 Wild Cantor

//win
4 Bitter Ordeal

//stuff
4 Innocent Blood
4 Crop Rotation
4 Sinkhole
4 Squandered Resources
4 Lotus Petal

//lands
2 Badlands
2 Bayou
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
4 Wasteland
4 Wooded Foothills

I was trying to find a way to abuse Bitter Ordeal ever since I first saw this card... didnīt work so far ;)

XiaN
09-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I was trying to find a way to abuse Bitter Ordeal ever since I first saw this card... didnīt work so far ;)

But this screems for the ultimate 10 card combo

-> Fecundity (http://magiccards.info/8e/en/247.html)
-> Mortuary (http://magiccards.info/sh/en/16.html)

-> Blood Pet (http://magiccards.info/6e/en/115.html)
-> Wild Cantor (http://magiccards.info/gp/en/149.html)
-> Skirk Prospector (http://magiccards.info/evg/en/45.html)

Now you have infi storm, with two Fecundity draw your library, remove their entire library with Bitter Ordeal or Brainfreeze, kill all their creatures with Gravepact ... :laugh:

DragoFireheart
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGGUI/niv_mizzet_the_firemind.jpg)

+

Curiosity (http://www.moxdiamond.com/images/cards/magic/EighthEdition/34b7ad7958991ca063a81dc6beb13c91.jpg) or Ophidian Eye (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGTIM/ophidian_eye.jpg)

You can just throw it in some U/R control shell or something. It's a shame there isn't a equipment version of curiosity...

Gui
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Fluctuator:
4 Fluctuator
1 Hauting Misery
1 Pact of Negation
1 Dark Ritual
1 Song of the Damned / 1 Dark Ritual (Ritual will do the same and early acceleration)
4 Miscalculation

24 Creature with Cycle

4 Each Cycle Land from Urza (also the colorless ones)

Simple ;)

This one qft. =)

Gocho
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM

4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
4 Island
1 Tundra
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Darksteel Citadel

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought

4 Force of Will
4 Stifle
4 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Counterbalance
4 Artificer's Intuition
2 Locket of Yesterdays
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Brain Freeze
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Meekstone
1 Relic of Progenitus

The is Locket of Yesterdays + 2 SDT + Brain Freeze + another SDT in the graveyard. To assemble that combo, Artificer's Intuition is extremely important. As the combo folds to almost any hate (like graveyard hate, countermagic and stifle effects), it's highly unplayable in the current metagame, even though it looks rather cool on the paper since the deck is monoblue and has a Dreadnought as a backup win condition. STP is also splashed to handle dudes, and Meekstone is just a house right now with Goyfs running rampant as always. Additionally, you can gain life if you're in trouble by Swording your own Dreadnought when it comes into play in response to its trigger.

The deck only counts 18 artifacts which is a little low for the A-intuition, and that just makes it even more janky.

Of course, the real Intuition can also be used to grab triple Top if the Closet is in play to start the loop.

Can anyone develop this to competitive level? I think it's impossible, but... :smile:

I think that redundancy, as the old Legacy Life.deck would be the way to make it competitive (or semi-casual :tongue: ).

You can try something like this:
2 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
4 Island
2 Island/Tundra
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Darksteel Citadel
2 Lotus Bloom

Protect
4 Force of Will
3 Daze
3 Muddle the Mixture

Combo:
4 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Locket of Yesterdays
3 Helm of Awaking
4 Brain Freeze

Tutors and Redundancy:
4 Transmute Artifact
4 Artificer's Intuition
3 Trinket Mage
4 Reshape

Tutor and alternative win condition:
2 Tezzeret, the seeker

Sideboard:
Toolbox:
1 Meekstone
1 Relic of Progenitus
1 Engineered Explosives
4 Chain of Vapor

- With transmute artifact you can search for an artifact, sacrifice an artifact land, don't pay the extra mana and the artifact goes directly to the graveyard.
- Transmute Artifact and Reshape can search for Lotus Bloom if you need extra mana.
- Muddle the Mixture can search for Brain Freeze, Helm or Artificer's Intuition
After testing you can try a WU with Orim's chant or Silence as defense and "extraturns".

But I think that Painter's Servant + Grindstone it's a better combo, 2 cards and 6 colorless mana vs 2 cards (Brain Freeze + Artificer's Intuition), 3 artifacts in hand and 3 Colorless + 3-5 blue mana.

Media314r8
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
4x Multani's Presence
4x Chalice of the Void
4x ESG
2x SSG
4x Summoner's Pact
4x Chrome Mox
4x Crison Kobolds
4x Krook Shank Kobolds
4x Kobolds of Kher Ridge
4x Pact of the Titan
4x Shifting Wall
4x Welding Jar
4x Shield Sphere
4x Phrexian Walker
4x Ornithopter
2x Grapeshot

yes, you have to mull into it, we're talkign tier 5000 combo, aren't we?!?!

/thread

Pastorofmuppets
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
4x Multani's Presence
4x Chalice of the Void
4x ESG
2x SSG
4x Summoner's Pact
4x Chrome Mox
4x Crison Kobolds
4x Krook Shank Kobolds
4x Kobolds of Kher Ridge
4x Pact of the Titan
4x Shifting Wall
4x Welding Jar
4x Shield Sphere
4x Phrexian Walker
4x Ornithopter
2x Grapeshot

yes, you have to mull into it, we're talkign tier 5000 combo, aren't we?!?!

/thread

You seem to have taken ANKH and made it a thousand times less fun.

AcidFiend
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Is there any way to modify Fluctuator to kill 2-3 opponents? I can only see you casting Misery once on one person (dealing 24 dmg).

Maybe 2 copies of Song of the Damned, 2 copies of Drain Life?

Ozymandias
12-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Is there any way to modify Fluctuator to kill 2-3 opponents? I can only see you casting Misery once on one person (dealing 24 dmg).

Maybe 2 copies of Song of the Damned, 2 copies of Drain Life?

I guess if you cycle through your whole deck, then one songs, one Living Death to wipe the board and bring back your dudes, and then any haste-granter (For the sake of argument, Chromatic Star+Concordant Crossroads) lets you swing for the fences.

SomeRandomDude
12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Fecundity + Skirk Prospector + lots of one drop goblins = :cool:

(nameless one)
03-15-2010, 03:38 AM
What about Stuffy Doll and Guilty Conscience?

grahf
03-15-2010, 04:05 AM
What about Stuffy Doll and Guilty Conscience?

It works. Cheaper than the (slightly more) friendly multiplayer version, Stuffy Doll + Pariah, too.

Pastorofmuppets
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Vampire Hexmage+Celestial Convergence. Just sayin'.
Here's a pretty kickass list.
BWx Derpire Honkmage
Lands (24)
3 Dark Depths
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Wasteland
15 Derp

Notlands (46)
4 Vampire Hexmage
3 Celestial Convergence
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Grim Discovery
4 Vampire Nighthawk
27 Honk

Sideboard
4 Herp
3 Derp
4 Tormod's Crypt
4 Derpa-Doopa-Tiddly-Tum

okay, it's a shell. But I don't know if I'd want to splash green or not.