PDA

View Full Version : [EDH] Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran

munkie
08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
This was my first EDH deck, and one of my favorite to play. I worked real hard to get this to where I am happy with it, and have worked for the better part of a year getting it all foil, and only need one more card! But I'm looking for improvements and other opinions as to how to potentially make it better. I really like playing EDH for the flavor element. Some cards might not be the most optimal choices, but I'm playing them for personal reasons or cool factor. I'll denote those with and asterisk (*). But, all in all I am trying to streamline this deck. But the idea is to have cards that generate card advantage, but what I really want to do is draw cards. W/r has a real tough time doing that, so I'm just seeing what you guys might have to say. The deck has a main Soldier theme, with a slight Giant back-up plan.

Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
(1) General

Chandra Nalaar
Ajani Goldmane
Ajani Vengeant
Elspeth, Knight Errant
(4) Planeswalker

Shared Animosity
Aura of Silence
Rise of the Hobgoblins
Oblivion Ring
Fervor
Glory of Warfare
Goblin Trenches
Mobilization
Shared Triumph
Scourge of the Noblis
Honor of the Pure
(11) Enchantment

Akroma's Vengeance
Spectral Procession
Austere Command
Decree of Justice
(4) Sorcery

Path to Exile
Orim's Thunder
Lightning Helix
Disenchant
Incinerate
Enlightened Tutor
Swords to Plowshares
Condemn
(8) Instant

Figure of Destiny
Goblin Legionnaire
Knight of the White Orchid
Boros Swiftblade
Boros Guildmage
Ethersworn Canonist
Battlegate Mimic
Skyknight Legionnaire
Duergar Hedge-Mage
Field Marshall
Hearthfire Hobgoblin
Stonecloaker
Taurean Mauler
Mirror Entity
Brion Stoutarm
Spitemare
Flametongue Kavu
Knight-Caption of Eos
Noblis of War
Siege-Gang Commander
Cloudgoat Ranger
Balefire Liege
Giant Harbinger
Furystoke Giant
Bull Cerodon
Captain of the Watch
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Jareth, Leonine Titan*
Eternal Dragon
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
(30) Creatures

Chrome Mox
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Sol Ring
Umezawa's Jitte
Boros Signet
Quieteus Spike
Darksteel Ingot
Sunforger
Gilded Lotus
(10) Artifact

Ancient Tomb
Naya Panorama
Rugged Prairie
Battlefield Forge
Eiganjo Castle
Ancient Amphitheater
Flagstones of Trokair
Windbrisk Heights
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Boros Garrison
Sacred Foundry
Rustic Clachan
Plateau
Bloodstained Mire
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Flooded Strand
5x Mountain
10x Plains
(32) Land

SilverGreen
09-19-2009, 07:49 PM
If you're looking for card draw, then cycling is a path you could take. W/R has some of the better options with this mechanic, and you could even run a small subtheme of flickering with CiP (ok, EtB) abilities to generate some kind of card advantage. Cards like Starstorm, Slice and Dice, Eternal Dragon and Akroma's Vengeance seens solid by their own, and you could even abuse Astral Slide with them. This kind of strategy could be supplemented with cards such as Otherwordly Journey, Flicker, Flickerwisp, Flickerform, Liberate and Ghostway, and value creatures such as Ancestor's Chosen, Anarchist and Bogardan Hellkite.

Another interesting and fun take on R/W could be abuse life gaining + damage dealing effects. Lifelinkers combined with symmetrical damage dealers seems cute. Perhaps even that Firemane Angel + Searing Meditation cool combo?

General Kos asks for legions of small attackers, I know... But I really don't believe you could do very well with just it, you need some alternative route to take.

MattH
09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
A surprisingly good draw spell is Illuminated Folio. It's kind of expensive to get out, but once you do, it's cheap to maintain.

You could also work the Land Tax/Scroll Rack thing I guess?